Did Sup Forums like John Wick or John Wick Chapter 2 more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbIgjotWqbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked both, it seems to me John Wick 2 was almost a net improvement though which might be a bit of an unpopular opinion here.

haven't seen chapter 2
I enjoyed the first one but lets face it: it's over the top
it's a cornball level of badassery

The second one had worse pacing, worse story but way better action scenes(the part where he stuck the empty shotgun barrel in a dudes chest, loaded it and shot him legit gave me a boner).

The first one had a much better story and pacing but you could just tell Keanu wasn't as well trained as he is now.

Im willing to at least give anything with Keanu Reeves a try just cause hes a chill dude. Not the best actor but he put a lot of work into looking and behaving operator tier enough for the movie. I also love the soundtrack and color pallet. I think the first was better though.

I like John Wick 2 more but I still really like John Wick 1. That dog death scene though in the first one is hard to handle since I have a little basset hound similar to that beagle in the film.

The action for me was just better and the pacing as well in John Wick 2 was better from the get go. I don't get why there are a lot of people saying the first one was better when the action and spectacle are so much less compared to Chapter 2?

The first John Wick was decent, but this one was absolutely cringeworthy.
Keanu trying to speak russian/italian, that black guy also, stereotypical bosses and antagonist sidekicks, most cliche generic stock soundtrack ever, first half of the movie is absolutely empty lazy writing, the opening scene makes zero sense in terms of the story, also atrocious CGI car chase scene, half of the scenes start with someone just calling him from the other room John/Johnathan/Mr. Wick/John Wick etc

Every single filmmaking element was atrocious except for the gunplay, which also was pretty fucking absurd (enemies with automatic rifles rushing at John for some reason, shooting with silencers is considered as completely silent etc)
Still baffled by the critical praise.

>Every single filmmaking element was atrocious except for the gunplay, which also was pretty fucking absurd (enemies with automatic rifles rushing at John for some reason, shooting with silencers is considered as completely silent etc)
Still baffled by the critical praise.

I guess action movies are not your thing user...

I prefer John Wick 1. Both have great action, but John Wick 1 had more momentum built up between each scene, so each scene hit harder. John Wick 2 peaked in the catcomb shootout(the shotgun was amazing), the rest was cool but felt more like random fight scenes. Was also hoping dogoo would get a kill, but I can understand why maybe they didn't want to do that.

I fucking hated 2.
Utterly failed to expand upton the first in any meaningful way.

>Was also hoping dogoo would get a kill, but I can understand why maybe they didn't want to do that.

Lol, that would of been cool.

Suspension of belief, if you enjoyed the first one you have to be autistic to dislike the second one

The first one was great but the second one turned into a video game after John killed that lady.

EXACTLY!!

There's not a fucking way you can watch John Wick 1, say you like it and than watch John Wick 2 and say you hate it. The fucking action is nothing short from God-Tier in 2 and people need to appreciate it more instead of hating on the action.

John Wick is looking like the Rambo Series so far. Its pretty weird.

Much better, less memey version of John Wick coming trough.

Yeah I kinda thought they might of been setting up the deaf girl to get ganked by the dog since she wouldn't hear it growling

>Yeah I kinda thought they might of been setting up the deaf girl to get ganked by the dog since she wouldn't hear it growling

You guys have some inventive imaginations. Also she wasn't deaf, just mute.

>implying John Reddit had any scene as good as this youtube.com/watch?v=kbIgjotWqbQ

The first movie is fully enjoyable action schlock. The story, characterization, and performances are as good as you can expect from the genre. The action is great, and the worldbuilding in the background is an interesting bonus. Also has best the best wickfu (pic related).

The second movie has a shittier story, shittier characters, and shittier performances (why does Keanu keep going "SHAAA" all of a sudden?). The action is still good, though, so it's basically the first film again but without all the extra stuff that made the first above average action schlock.

Oh, and the soundtrack to the first film was better, as well.

lmao this was fucking garbage. If that was an american movie you would be here arguing about how shitty it was. You people are the fucking worst, same as Sup Forumstards who claim that shitty japanese anime games are the best, even though they have no gameplay value and all the discussion is claiming waifus and other sorts of bullshit.

This action scene was horribly paced dogshit and you should reconsider your miserable life, just because it's foreign and different doesn't mean it's any good

It's a pasta, ignore it

>Still baffled by the critical praise

Because it was the first movie in nearly 20 years with action scenes that were well choreographed, had all the characters well framed and lit, and a steady camera

2 went on too long and gave me a headache.
1 was great.

1 Uber Kino

2 Soulless garbage fest of shitty script, no character development, gun sound effects overload and CGI blood that makes you nauseated.