Mental illness isn't real

>Mental illness isn't real

Everyone's a bit fucked up in the head in their own way.

>Depression is medical problem and should be treated as such

>I know more about my condition than a doctor who spent 6 years in med university because someone on Sup Forums told me depression isn’t real

>actually believing you're female when you're male is not a mental disorder that needs to be treated but a perfectly normal expression of gender dynamics in today's society

>I'm tough because I said mental illness/depression isn't real on the internet

>Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't real.

Do you have a treatment for it?

They should dig holes.

Builds character

>Homosexuality is not a mental illness because it was removed from the DSM

Yes. The treatment is called growing up. If some fags don't grow out of it they need to be taught to deal with it.

We do the same thing with pedophiles.

Technically speaking it's not a mental illness but a sexual disorder.

>medical professionals on Sup Forums

Yes, instead of giving them estrogen give them some testosterone.

How does sexual disorder not fall under mental disorder?

You don't need to have a degree in gender studies to develop some common sense.

That's why I said technically speaking.

But that's like saying "Technically speaking cola is a soda not a beverage"

You need a medical degree to LARP as a doctor though. Telling a patient “you’ll grow out of it” is not a feasible solution

You can just fake one.

Does that work?

Except some teens DO grow out of it.

Yeah, the ones who never had gender dysphoria in the first place.

Yeah, most teens who claim to be the wrong gender are just sexually confused. Treating them for a confition they don't have would be detrimental to their health.

>this thread

>The current ruling ontology denies any possibility of a social causation of mental illness. The chemico-biologization of mental illness is of course strictly commensurate with its depoliticization. Considering mental illness an individual chemico-biological problem has enormous benefits for capitalism. First, it reinforces Capital’s drive towards atomistic individualization (you are sick because of your brain chemistry). Second, it provides an enormously lucrative market in which multinational pharmaceutical companies can peddle their pharmaceuticals (we can cure you with our SSRls). It goes without saying that all mental illnesses are neurologically instantiated, but this says nothing about their causation. If it is true, for instance, that depression is constituted by low serotonin levels, what still needs to be explained is why particular individuals have low levels of serotonin. This requires a social and political explanation; and the task of repoliticizing mental illness is an urgent one if the left wants to challenge capitalist realism

>i have le depression/social anxiety

>"""gaming""" is a mental illness

Im a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and this night I had voices again. 'Can you hear me?' he asked

>let me, a layman who has no idea what he's talking about, tell you all about medical research into mental health

This is true as fuck right here.

>my son likes playing with dolls! he is a girl!!!

What a load of rubbish. Using so many technical terms doesn’t make it more true

Sorry was havin a shower, yeah the few times its been tried it has worked as long as the patient kept taking the supplements.

>T-the free market will cure my depression

>technically speaking
But you meant "infactually speaking"

It is, but I think people becoming more aware of it has made it more prevalent

>fucked chemicals in the brain (!)
>not a medical problem

Alrighty then

>the free market of imaginary voices