What do you hate the most in the French language?

What do you hate the most in the French language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DW2ixoP6nPk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastagate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_for_German_Orthography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the speakers

Fucking accents man its so ugly
We didn't have them long ago

It's hard to master. I'm Acadian, I onced showed a Alain Soral video to a friend and he couldn't understand because he spoke highly complex words very fast. Once you master it though you can intimidate people intellectually.

the grammatical rules
there's a reason why people don't speak french internationally anymore, english is so much easier to learn

FUGGING enchaînement and liaison

Nothing. It's the best language in the world

That its French

Silent letters and le, la and les. And why can't "ne ... pas" be one word?

sounds that are impossible to make, and make you sound like a flamboyant faggot if you try.

Without a doubt, the académie française. How a country can permit something like that is so baffling

what do you mean

"Preservation" of French language maybe?

what's wrong with that

What sounds?

I don't mean to get all political, but officials are telling you how to talk. You're actively stopping natural language evolution it's so weird and messed up. There are dictionaries in the UK, sure, but they never take words out! They only add to it, a language should be something that evolves naturally. I don't know it just seems sinister being told how to speak, people here enjoy change and slang and loanwords and that kind of thing

>a language should be something that evolves naturally.
This, it's weird to for some authority to control the language

We can read old books like Pensee with much less difficulties thanks to them, tho

Not with Alain Soral desu

that was for a time when french was the lingua franca
maybe that's what you need

>>a language should be something that evolves naturally.
cited from

it's all froggy, also nothing is as you expect it to be, lots of letters apparently decide to fuck off during the saying of a word as they please

>Alain Soral
urgh

i want to learn french so i can get job in quebec, because i love canada
what is step 1

Well it still exists and makes up french sounding words for foreign inventions, it's all so silly. And we definitely don't need our language controlled, the more variation the better, we like having a colossal vocabulary and having endless ways to say the same thing

The academie française is irrelevant, it's just an old rich people's club, and has no power whatsoever.

only the lone "e" in the middle and at the end of words, t, d, s and x and the "ent" in verbs

not true

>what is step 1
start ?

this
can't name a single one of them
>Donnez-moi quarante trous du cul et je vous fais une Académie française.

Everything about the fr*nch "'language" is just so ugly and gross that i can't even pick what exactly disgusts me the most about that hideous bubbling.

French is the only romance language that doesn't sound retarded, they know how an 'R' is supposed to be pronounced.

My hazubando :)
youtu.be/DW2ixoP6nPk

I don't agree with everything he says but I used to watch his video du mois.

Not saying it's good or bad, but you are the exception. English is one of the only major languages in the world without an official language institute.

And l'AF isn't so bad when compared to their Quebecois counterpart

Learn to say «Je voudrais manger de la poutine s'il vous plaît».

Counting numbers in French is absolutely retarded

Yeah we kan speek lyke we want, its FREEDOM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastagate

The Hebrew academy is pretty based. They invent new words for modern based on biblical vocabulary or creative conjugations, and some of their words even catch on naturally

Too much letters for too few sounds in words.
Example: Jacques

Hebrew language is the marvelous miracle of a language :)

Do new Kanji ever get created

I suppose it definitely makes sense to have it in Israel. I didn't think about it that way I suppose there's no danger of English being spoken less so maybe we can afford to relax

You really honestly can speak with any accent in English, I think it's strange when I see people on Sup Forums lament that they can't lose their accent when speaking English when it really doesn't matter st all to us as long as people understand you

Yeah, not a few kanjis were invented in my cunt, but most were invented in China

the gayness

I know there are Japanese kanji, but I mean in modern times

>flag
>talking about gayness

>I think it's strange when I see people on Sup Forums lament that they can't lose their accent when speaking English when it really doesn't matter st all
Lies. If someone speaks with a r*ssian accent for example everyone sees him like he is some kind of an inferior subhuman. Even the accent alone is enough to reveal the speaker's lesser nature. Don't pretend like it's not true. Accent means a lot when you interact with people from other countries, especially from Anglo countries.
This is why those people try to mimic a british or at least american accent.

>English is one of the only major languages in the world without an official language institute.
German also doesn't have an official language institute, unofficially it's Duden, but that's just a dictionary, akin to Webster's. Instead we let our government dictate us how we spell :^)

The 'h' sounds, both exhaled and inhaled versions, are hard to pronounce for non-natives. R, too.

Depends on the definition of the modern times in Japan, but i bet since 1868 Meiji Restoration there has been no kanji invented

A few centuries ago it was only "ne" as english "not", german "nicht", etc...
But orally this "ne" was difficult to hear.
So we used to add something related to the action to make it obvious that it was a negative sentence.
Thus at first we didn't have just "pas" but also "mie" and "goutte", that is to say in english "step", "crumb" and drop.
And they were used in those types of sentences:
"Il ne marche pas"
>he doesn't walk a step
"Il ne mange mie"
>he doesn't eat crumb
"Il ne boit goutte"
>he doesn't drink a drop
With the centuries, only the "pas" stayed.
So it's literaly as if we added "a step" to every negative sentence.
"Elle ne m'aime pas"
>she doesn't love me a step

>it really doesn't matter st all to us as long as people understand you
suuuure
Can't imagine how people will answer me when i talk to them with a french accent.
probably not answer me at all lmao

Really, even Hebrew doesn't REALLY need the academy. It's a self sustaining language at this point, and the academy tends to eventually accept common errors if they become natural
There is a famous Israeli linguist called Avshalom Kor, who the public respects more than the academy when he disagrees with them. Ironically he tends to be more conservative than them.

I think I've spoken to you before! I still don't agree with you... you have to remember that we are used to people butchering their language all the time. Sometimes we may banter but I can honestly say I've never seen proper discrimination because of an accent in my life here, you must have been very unlucky or didn't understand the banter I'm being honest

BORDEAUX = BORDO

Fuck that gay shit.

That it sounds like an extremely gay version of our language

I think that's kind of a shame. Kanji is annoying to learn, but sometimes the amount of katakana words I hear in average japanese sentences is sad

Interesting

The thing I hated about learning French was how some verb conjugations and the 'le' 'les' have the exact same sound. Ils ont - Ils sont

That would be Spanish

Rhotics are almost always the hardest part of an accents
Thankfully Hebrew has nearly the same R as French

I don't like how it's so different from the other languages derived from Latin.

Huh, well I'll be damned. Never heard of them, everyone always just refers to the Duden (also for official documents, newspapers and shit).

No, spanish (castillian) to us sounds just like a distant dialect, catalan too

How about Sardinian?

>I want eat butter.
>Voglio mangiare il burro
>Quiero comer mantequilla.

Yes, the same language.

>'le' 'les'
no it doesnt
it's "leu" and "lé"

>Ils ont - Ils sont
il zon - il sson

Funny that you ask, I have a Sardinian girlfriend, from West Sardina, and I can tell you that when she speaks with her relatives I can understand about from 20% to 80% of what they're talking about depending how deep they go into the language
Basically it's harder to understand than Spanish or even French sometimes

Yeah, blindly flooding a language with foreign words without necessity sounds totally dumb, but Japanese are using those words not because there are no Japanese equivalents of foreign words, rather because it sounds """intellectual""". So it's not so much a serious problem(lack of basic words in Japanese) as a retarded problem(smart-ass)

Are you learning it?

You couldn't be more wrong, we're not like the French, we'd find it endearing

>h
what do you mean ? we don't pronounce them at all

>exhaled and inhaled
what is it ?

au and eau are a different "o"

Yeah, I'm learning it. The abundance of English words helps beginners like me (my teeacher said that if we don't know a word, 80% of the time we can just use an English word in katakana(笑)), but sometimes it makes the language sound dumb.

I have to say, though, I really like the loanwords that have a different meaning in Japanese than in the original English, like using マイ as a prefix, or テンション

Have pity on us 5-vowel plebians

we just have a, e, é, è, i, o, au, oe, u, ou, an, in, on, that's 13 vowels, english has more

eaux ils always pronunced o. If you are such a brainlet you can't learn a deterministic rule, you have only yourself to blame.

"au" you dumb fuck

Do we??

Yeah english fuckers, how do you explain that
"tough" is pronounced "tuff" but "though" is pronounced "zoh"
?

When h starts a word, it acts as a consonant (aspirate; i.e. you pronounce it with an exhalation of breath) or vowel (non-aspirate).

Pls stop subverting Japan into a multicultural shithole. My sincere hope.

zoh

By the way, EU bros, how long does it take for you to become fluent in English when you're learning it at school? At what grade/age do most kids know enough English to be somewhat fluent?

well you don't have any rules for your vowels so it's just random

we don't do that since a millenia
h is only here to stop liaisons

Perfect, rules are for nerds

why do you randomly pronounce H's in words that don't even have any when speaking english

>when you're learning it at school
we don't really learn it at school in france lmao

>At what grade/age do most kids know enough English to be somewhat fluent?
don't remember anyone speaking in fluently but for me it's since the late end of highschool

Around the year 40 we start to be able to order a beer in a pub.

we get confused
it happens to me sometimes, i pronounce a "s" at the end of random words

it's quite interesting that certain words (like マイ テンション) are used in a different way when it's put in a different context. Also do English loanwords really help you learn Japanese a lot? I myself don't recognize they have spread their roots deep in our language.

I make it rule not to use English words in Japanese conversation as much as possible, since it sounds really dumb seriously

Because english is a random clusterfuck when it comes to pronounciation?

The fact that a lot of letters aren't said. As also a bizarre number of apostrophes

>Qu'est-ce que c'est
It absolutely does not sound what it looks like.
>looks like: 'Cuest se que sest'
>sounds like: 'quies quiu se'

true.
>80
>Normal-sounding languages: 'eighty', 'oitenta'
>French: 'quatre-vingt' (four-twenty)
wtf man

>quies quiu se
Why the "i"'s man?
It's pronounced
Kèsseukeussè

>true.
>>Normal-sounding languages: 'eighty', 'oitenta'
>>French: 'quatre-vingt' (four-twenty)
>wtf man

Ok that one is true
The belgian form is much more logical

They' re not that bad. People just really don't like them, but can be teachable .

because that's how it sounds like in any other Latin language

Australians kept asking where I came from (because my accent is weird and doesnt sound french), they were quite happy to have a chat about france and whatnot when I told them.

But Australians are nice in general, don't know about other cunts.

Usually they start to suck my dick
Both women and men

there's never a point where you should pronounce a h that doesn't exist

school can't teach english for shit here dude.

I mean you can but they don't teach you enough oral skills (heh), my grades were good since at least 3 years and I've been using US taiwanese picture boards for longer, so I thought I was good. It still took me two fucking months aboard to be able to take a phone call without sweating.

Also doesn't help that frenchies like to stick together once abroad, Had a friend whose english hadnt improved in 5 or 6 months of australia.

Its hard for us

Ah! As if I knew where are your h's

English has more, but no phonemic nasality

It helps in learning at the start, because even when I only know very little real words, I can still practice them with loanwords.
For example, I learned 飲む before words like 水 or お茶, and 乗る before words like 自転車 or 車, so I learned the verbs with sentences like 私はコーヒーを飲みます。私はバスに乗ります。 etc...

speaking speed, bastardized negro accent