ITT: Comics Others Need To Read

This reminded me I need to tell more people to read 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank.

What do you always keeps telling others to read?

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YTxTSn_qk

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?knb6odx2h4ubh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.E.R.O._(comics)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you always keeps telling others to read?

Manifest Destiny and Stray Bullets

Cerebus the aardvark

I'm pretty ticked I hadn't read I Kill Giants up until this year.

Love & Rockets. Sacred Heart. Dragon Ball. Phonogram: The Singles Club. Carl Barks and Don Rosa Disney Ducks. Helter Skelter: Fashion Unfriendly. Megg, Mogg, and Owl. Operation Margerine. Ghost World. Anything by Jason. Andre the Giant: Life and Legend. Stacks of Michael DeForge comics. Hate.

Y'know, the basics. Some of it I've bought for people. Some I aggressively push my friends into borrowing. Some I keep mediafire links handy in hopes that maybe they'll actually read it.

I'm not shitting on your taste remotely, but if this is what you consider 'basic' I'd love to see what you consider more advanced.

Sheriff of Babylon.

Little Lulu. Herbie, the Fat Fury. Li'l Abner. Cathy. Advanced Heathcliff. Watchmen. Bazooka Joe.

I was joking. It's all ultra specific to my tastes and most of it generally doesn't show up on those "Wanna Read Comics? Start Here!" articles.

Beautiful Darkness
Bone
Koma
Orc Stain
The Airtight Garage
Epic Illustrated
Heavy Metal
Megg Mogg and Owl
The Book of Frank

Who would win in a fight, Little Lulu or Li'l Abner?

Keith Giffens JLI and Byrnes She-Hulk

Post them mediafire link son.

mediafire.com/?knb6odx2h4ubh A lot of it is old uploads and it's all poorly maintained since I mainly upload stuff my friends ask for. But there is stuff.

Still not sold on Katie Skelly but Nurse Nurse was okay.
First 50 issues of Nexus. My Summer of Love. Jim Woodring's "Jim" comics (both volumes, now handily released in a big hardcover from Fanta--it's not everything from volume 2 but volume 1 is complete and those four mags are hard to come by). Trailer Trash by Roy Tompkins. J.R. Williams' Crap, easily as good as Hate but only lasted 7 issues...anything by Jonathan Bennett...Crickets by Sammy Harkham, especially the last three issues. Binky Brown Meets The Holy Virgin Mary, anything by Hunt Emerson, anything by John Bagnall. And anything by Lloyd Dangle, especially his 4-issue Dangle comic from D & Q. Oh and all the Alack Sinner stuff!

Based Jordi Bernet

Hey is the comic "Happy" on there the old Josh Simmons Top Shelf series? I have a coupla issues of that, is it the whole run, with the Sex Circus thing as well? Also been wanting to read Twelve Gems for a bit. Thanks.

Invisible Republic
>Li'l Abner
More people should read old newspaper comics in general. It's impossible to convince anyone to read that shit though. I try to push them particularly on the manga fans I know since it seems like their thing (serial-style storylines, black and white art) but they never even try.

you people need to read Dial H for H.E.R.O., read the V2 and V3 (nu52).
it's grant morrison level of crazy and awesome.

Mieville's Dial H is fairly well loved around here. The previous volume gets mentioned in passing, but I never see anyone talk about the old old stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.E.R.O._(comics)
the 2003 series is a hidden gem. instead of exploring the origins of the dials (in nu52) it tells the stories of different people who use it and how it affect their lives. there is an over arcing plot there and it's pretty intense you should try it, it's only 22 issues.

Yea, the volume with the infamous genderswap issue.