Just finished this, and wow. What a fucking show...

Just finished this, and wow. What a fucking show. I wish I could've been watching it at the time of release and seeing Sup Forums's thoughts and theories at the time.

What does Sup Forums think of it?

shrink ray

K I N O
I
N
O

>DUDE SHRINKRAY LMAO

it was shit

Maeve's Mary Sue powers ruined the show.

tapered out towards the end

Sup Forums loved it until it became popular on reddit then they all became too insecure to also like it

>I wish I could've been watching it at the time of release and seeing Sup Forums's thoughts and theories at the time.

The threads were garbage, because the contrarians here hate everything good.

The production assistant who leaked the shrink ray spoilers in the general was pretty cool, though.

westworld, more like...

BESTWORLD

AMIRIGHT?

SHRINK RAY
H
R
I
N
K

R
A
Y

the only bad thing about the show was nigger whores's plot line, other than that great show

>le "shrink ray" xDDDD
>dolores is waifu guys fukin based xDDDD
also its a shitty show

It was shit.

Also shrink ray.

>when they reveal that the two techs were just retarded idiots
>when they reveal that Will is the MiB

R-ddit tier plots.

What's with all the anger toward this show?

Not even her powers but the absolutely nonsensical behavior of those two lab guys.
They could have stopped her bullshit storyline at any point.

Its ok.

Nice world building, ok acting.

Dialogue is serious shit.

shrink rays: the tv show

Nigresse robot storyline ruined the show

james marsden was terrible in the pilot.
really bad acting.

did it get any better after that?

I thought so too at first. But wasn't it revealed she was programmed to do all that too?

post maeve and shinkray memes pls

the only reason I watched SHITWORLD till the end was purely for the generals

Yes.
I was talking about the two lab hacks who kept giving her more and more power instead of just shutting that shit down.
They could have easily done so on more than one occasion.

indeed, he was very robotic

Wait she was? When did they reveal this

this

>until it became popular on reddit
except reddit liked it too and Sup Forums still likes it

Indirectly, in the finale. She looks at her code and everything she does was there. It was not really pointed out though.

Well he was a robot

shittttt not shrink rays again........ fuck you OP

It was implicit. One robot gets to the end of the maze, which is a metaphor for true self-awareness (Dolores). One robot appears to show self-awareness, before succumbing to her old drives (Maeve and her daughter). Therefore Maeve was not displaying true self-awareness, and was simply programmed to do the things she was doing.

Plus one of the lab dudes mentions that her code had been fucked with by somebody. It was Ford, who used her to create a distraction for his evening party massacre.

>implying you didn't wanna fuck

I've never seen a show start off so good and transform to shit from the midway mark all the way to the finish.

I mean you could argue any season of American Horror Story, but they never had that strong of a start

bloodborne a shit

what would be Sup Forums tier plot?

Should be:
>If I remove you from this park, will you die?
>>It would be very painful
>You're a big guy
>>For an ant, maybe

its underwater you absolute retards, fuck off with your shrink ray bullshit

They were robots too

I don't get the shrink ray memes. What does it mean?

it means Sup Forums is autistic

A theory with literally zero prove against so it's possible at least

Cool world ruined by astonishingly bad acting (excluding Hopkins). Acting was medicore/average for everyone else. Worst offenders are the blonde bitch and the nigger sue.

Why is Nolan so shit at writing "intelligent characters"? Dr. Ford is such a standout example of "smart people according to normies", every single scene he's in Nolan just feels the need to make him say some "wow so deep" remark:
>we are all mistakes Bernard
>intellect is like peacock feathers
>dude look at Michelangelo's painting, it's actually a brain and no one noticed
Sure it's cool from time to time, but it happens so much that it loses the effect, we get it, he's very smart and deep. It seems like he wrote it with Hopkins in mind, a Hannibal Lecter-esque super genius far above everyone around him, but based Hopkins managed to pull it off, not sure who else could have.

The escape scene ruined the show for me. The fact that the guards where that incompetent really blew my mind.

They LITERALLY couldn't hit the chick, when she was immobile and had her hand crushed, yet she managed to shoot that guard. Fuck off.

There is proof against it. That guy was pissing on it and it wasn't raining piss in the park.

With regards to the samurai/eastern world. Wouldn't it be shit without Arnold's/Ford's robots? Or the attention to detail etc... Or is it even in use yet?

be glad you didn't

we guessed every major twist by the end of episode 3 and spent the remaining weeks berating anyone who dared to imagine the writers didn't blow their load immediately

I didn't understand why she didn't shoot her arm off.

It's something her character would've done before finding out she was a robot.

Looking back on it, it wasn't that great of a show. If I were to watch it a second time I'm sure I'd just end up fast forwarding 2/3rds of it

mfw humans think the rule me

Breaking Bad plane crash senpai senpai

I honestly don't know why they're trying to do Samurai World for S2, abandoning everything they've made people feel invested in just seems like a bad call. Or maybe the simpler answer is that the typical Redditors who fall for Nolan and by extension his brother Chris' shit would gladly suck their dicks because of ebin samurais.

Any fucking plot leaks for season 2? Like even a hint of where they are headed? Is Hopkins signed on?

This chick I am in the deep deep friendzone with looks just like the weird eyed hot prostitute Clemintine except with nice fake tits. I will pull my dick off if she is back.

Yeh they're gonna keep the actual miniature in the middle of room full of people, dust and bacteria are they you mong.

mediocre show

it needs more scenes like THIS, and less scenes with maeve bullshit.

>fake tits
>nice

Pick one.

These gave me a chuckle

But that's what they're using to zoom in, you mong.

more scenes with white women lusting for big black cock?

heres a scene from season 2 that was leaked

She is a gym rat so her tits would be awful otherwise. I agree I like them real, but her ex husband spent the cash and had them done right.

Of all the /generals/ on this awful website I think the Westworld ones were the best when the show was airing.

Can't wait for GoT to debut in a couple hours and see this whole board full of threads about Westeros.

...yes. The fact Westworld is not full of black cowboys is disgusting.

what did they mean by this?

That it's not gay

it was never a shrinkray. if you think about it for a moment, it's actually an expansion ray. that little map in the control room? that's the real world.

>Therefore Maeve was not displaying true self-awareness, and was simply programmed to do the things she was doing.
You got it backwards. Maeve was programmed for "mainland infiltration" by Ford just as Hale had been. By returning to the park for her daughter she was *breaking* her programming.

I just want a snek bandit fuckbot.

Me too

I don't understand why the people give so much fucks about the shrink ray theory. I mean like it doesn't ruin the story and shit so fuck you I'm too tired for this shit

but she bites

it's a meme.

The first episode was shit, so idk I turned it off

It picks up for a several episodes after that, then gets clunky. I still liked it, just wished for faster pacing and more story.

Maeve was the best, she triggered virgins who loved this show.

then thats just stupid. >acting human, when there is no human audience to make awe on it. thrown out money

post the 'toll paid' one

Felix and Sylvester aren't hosts. Their unauthorized behavior would be noticed.

But he is good at writing intelligent characters user

Shrinkray is still not debunked.

Let's be honest for a moment, if there were a real life westworld it would be absolutely flooded of pedophiles

But they're robots. Also the story states that people comes to the park to indulge in things they would never do in their actual lives, so I doubt anyone would care.

What's the origin of the shrink ray meme? Wasn't here around on release threads, and nothing of the plot suggests anything like this