Marlel Homeflopping

>two biggest superheroes in the same film
>biggest marketing campaign ever for a CBM
>Every critic counted on RT paid off to shill it
>Every social media site paid off to shill it
>still end up barely beating Amazing Spider-Man despite lacking RDJ

It can't be underestimated just what a major failure this is. They had every factor possible in their advantage and still failed. These things shouldn't happen but now it did. Watch Disney and Sony panic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxrC-DSG3oQ&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The general public's finally starting to grow as tired of capeshit as we are

it's hardly a Spiderman movie

The Mouse loud panic squeak is heard all around the world to China, pleading for help.

China responds by cutting Hollywood profit 5% out of reflex.

They are currently battling over percentages, no joke. Why do people think China saves movies again?

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>the age of capeshit is followed by the age of apeshit
woah...

lmfao

They both fucking sucked.

>planet of the apes is successful
I have no knowledge of the series at all but I just assumed the new ones didn't do well since I never hear anything about them, plus it doesn't seem like a normie-friendly premise

You're thinking of the Tim Burton Apes. Current series is well received, just keeps its head down around the capes and Disneys.

There's a reason this is the third one they've made in like 6 years.

Jesus christ

This few weeks have been beating after beating to Marvel and Sup Forums

Can't wait for WW to get an Oscar nom

I genuinely enjoyed the new films

>Can't wait for WW to get an Oscar nom
Already prepared the pop-corn for another night of marlel meltdown

youtube.com/watch?v=mxrC-DSG3oQ&

You know what this means.
We're going to get a shit load of movies starring blacks now.
(sorry black anons, couldn't help it)

Can someone explain how PotA made a Monkey out of Marvel?

It's a movie where you are supposed to root for the destruction of the human race, primarily portrayed by whites, at the hands of a race with origins in africa that was uplifted by humans. Really makes you think.

At least we still have Dr. Zaius

Not really.

People liked GOTG and WW.

Problem with Spider-Man was that it was a second reboot, it had no characterization, and people are really getting tired of the forced diversity. Plus I don't think people appreciate how badly Amazing-Spiderman 2 damaged the brand.

>what a major failure this is

Except that it's not.

EVERYBODY SING ALONG

>Spider-Twink, Spider-Twink

>does whatever a twinkie can

>underperform, cringe the Raimi folk

>REEEEEEE

>just buy the Spider-Merch!

The irony is that both WW and SPHC fucking sucked ass.

>budget 175 m
>earned 469.4 m so far
Isn't that a pretty decent return on investment? What kind of roi would be expected?

I don't normally take these movies too seriously but ASM 2 was as close as a traumatizing experience for me. I remember I was having a bad day and was hoping to at least have some fun at the movies. Then comes the Carrie prom shit bucket. Despite having a fucking Rhino tank with machine guns.

The next movie will have an all-white cast.

>tumblr

how much did spiderman even make this week?

A drawfag here made it.

you mean the general public is starting to see through marvel's generic formula and have opted for the superior DCEU

a worthless tumblr gremlin drew it

>It's a movie where you are supposed to root for the destruction of the human race

I know you're memeing but the fact that even the antagonistic humans in Dawn weren't cartoon monsters is part of what makes is such a great film. Haven't seen War yet.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think general audiences might be getting tired of Disney's flippant, no-stakes fluff.