How long do you give them till they fade into obscurity?

How long do you give them till they fade into obscurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seeing who their creators are, never.

Hopefully soon. Just get rid of kamala, the waifufag shit is cancerous as all hell.

Kamala and Miles are too popular, and all three of them have higher ups and popular writers who will make sure they never fade into obscurity.

Thought the same of Ben.

>kamala
Here to stay
>miles
til bendis stops breathing
>nova
Does anyone really give a crap about him?

Miles isn't popular he's just being pushed to the moon

>til bendis stops breathing

Heart attack when?

How do you 'push' a comic book character?

5 years.

Just like Runaways.

Miles will live as long as Bendis does.
Kamala will last like, 7-8 more years.
I'll be genuinely surprised if Sam makes it out of the next 2 years.

By putting them in comic books.

Ben...? Reilly?
>>nova
>Does anyone really give a crap about him?
Seeing how comics are all about cronyism, you just know there's some writer anxious to make a sold to Jeph.

Push them into everything as much as possible.

>Miles isn't popular
When will this meme end?

Yeah.

Marvel kinda' needs these three more than ever right now. Their bullshit excuse for not using the X-Men means they're getting rid of a lot of prominent teen heroes, and no matter how much Sup Forums likes to bitch about it, teenagers do in fact still read comics.

why Kamala is so popular?
some SJW bullshit or it is an actual well developed character?

He isn't though.

He's in two books.

Not soon enough, they represent every that is wrong with a corrupt, disgusting industry and is many disrespectful practices

>actual well developed character?

That one. Sam is decent at the very most. Miles is just fluff.

wew lad

shove them into a bunch of stuff, bring them along from other universes that were slowly ruined

I dont understand the interest in Kamala whatsoever

Disgusting waifufags, they will buy anything with a cute enough lead, no matter how fucking shit it is
How do you think Neptunia and the VITA still gets sales? Its not from fucking quality and writing I can tell you that much

That just makes me hate it more. Just give us the damn X-Men back.

He sells more than Sam and Kamala.
The only Spider-Books outselling his are Peter's.

Now consider all the crossovers recently.

She's an entertaining character and her book is good.

I'll take "Shit people say to justify their waifufaggotry" for 500 Alex

I'm pretty sure Spider/Deadpool and Spider-Gwen are out selling him.

>didn't phrase the answer in the form of a question
youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

10 years. Bendis freely admits he never had an idea with what to do with Miles so unless someone REALLY knocks it out of the park with Bla- excuse me 'biracial' peter parker he'll be forgotten once this diversity fad is over.

Kamala was an attempt at making a popular character. Surprisingly they did that by giving her a decent story and artists. Eventually she won't be stylish any more and marvel will want to push something else.

No one really cares about Sam. Once they stop pushing him he'll fade into obscurity unless they REALLY start pushing cosmic marvel.

Never, all three of them are examples of new characters done right. There are plenty of examples of new characters done wrong but these three are stuff for good.

I am the least interested in Sam. But seeing as Dick is coming back and will be a mentor for him i think I'm going to stsrt reading a Sam book

Sam first, Miles second, Kamala will probably stick around the most.

Let's consider them
>Nova
He sells more than Nova
>Ms. Marvel
Sells more than her too
>Chulk
Also sells more than him
>Spider-Gwen
Again he sells more than her
>Gwenpool
See above
>Peter
The only Spider that outsells him

I actually see Miles out lasting the bunch

Kamala is generally shit when Wilson isn't writing her

Huh that's almost exactly the amount of time people go through Secondary School. Weird...

Spider-Man/Deadpool is a Peter book, he sells more than Spider-Gwen.

>Bendis freely admits he never had an idea with what to do with Miles
Wait, really?

I'm pretty sure Miles book outsold Kamala and Sam's books combined last month

Kamala will live on in my heart forever, assuming someone else doesn't pick up her series and crash it into the ground.

Have you read her book? It's good. Maybe it's not for you but it's a well written book. A lot of character development

Because Spider-Man is a popular brand. It sells on the name alone

>recently
So, five years after his introduction of a character?

He's cameo'd in maybe 6 or 7 non-event books, each of which sell less than his, and most of which he doesn't appear on the cover, half of which he isn't in for more than 2 pages.

Yeah yeah I'm sure she will, until the next waifu comes around and you'll magically forget she ever existed, I seen and heard it all fucking before.

>assuming someone else doesn't pick up her series and crash it into the ground.
Kamala already has an omnibus coming out in a couple of months.
The end is nigh.

Do you actually think comic buyers are that retarded?

Yes.

What's Miguel's excuse?

>Kamala
Not sure
>Miles
When Bendis quits for Marvel
>Sam
Next year

He was asked why he stopped writing Miles in Ultimate. He responded with 'I couldn't think of anything to do with him' basically he shat out a boring black, excuse me black-puerto rican kid who doesn't seem to speak a lick of spanish making his biracial status an informed trait, who has mutant abilities that give him spider powers and an 'I win' button.

He wanted to make black spiderman. He made black spiderman.

His thought process stopped there.

Makes that whole 'I don't want to be black spiderman I want to be spiderman' thing kind of funny in retrospect.

Kamala is here to stay.

Nova is going to get replaced the moment Dick Rider shows up in a movie. They're already bringing him back.

Miles is an odd case. There have been other Spideys before but the fact that he's a minority and the SJW scene is obsessed with pop culture right now (aka comics & movies), means there's a lens on Marvel to keep him around. That said, he'll never replace Peter Parker, so he'll disappear eventually. I'd say 5-6 years before he dies in some shitty event or unceremoniously retires in a "back to basics" move for the Spidey comics where Peter is broke again and never even had a company and everyone hates him ala BND.

Miguel was the only spiderman title in the original 2099 line that sold consistently. Honestly them cancelling it back in it's heydey was retarded.

Do you think they aren't?

His book is called Spider-Man 2099. Miles is literally called Spider-Man. Change it back to Ultimate Spider-Man and watch the sales drop.

They buy fucking comicbooks
That alone should net them a retard helmet bolted to their skulls

His is Spider-Man 2099. Miles' book is just Spider-Man. Also Miguel is the only remnant of an almost 20 year old title, that's proof enough thenergy Spider-Man name is all you need

So you think ~20,000 people are getting 'tricked' every month into reading a Spider-Man book starring a kid with a completely different costume, appearance, and cast because the title lacks an adjective?

Kamala is the most popular, but Miles is Hispanic and Sam is Latino. As long as Alonso is in charge they're not going anywhere.
But yeah, Sam would be the first to go since Bendis loves shoving his OC's in his other books.

You have way too much faith in the average comic reader.

And then Bendis got a reward from the CIA for maknig a black Spider-Man.

As a registered Republican, I actually like Kamala as a character. As long as Marvel doesn't use her to peddle leftist agenda, and just make her stay cute, I'm all for 'diverse' characters such as her.

Miles only stays because he's a Spider-Book, which is essentially free money for Marvel.

Kamala will get a few more years at best and then get ditched once the next fad-character rolls around.

Sam's days are numbered now that fan-favorite Richard Rider is coming back.

Sam has been in 2 different team books and in nearly every event since his introduction.
He's been shoved in a lot more stuff than Miles.

Again
COMICBOOK READER
They read overpriced penny dreadfuls, that actively insult them, made by people who go out of their way to disrespect the people who GIVE THEM MONEY, FOR PUBLICITY
If stupidity was an executionable offense, comicbook fans would be on the list of undesirables fairly high up.

>why Kamala is so popular?
Waifu cancer. That's literally it.

But Miles' still sold pretty well when he was Ultimate Spider-Man, he was still doing better than Kamala even then.

I'll take waifufaggotry any day than all the 'thought provoking and progressive' trash that modern day creatives are spewing at us these days. The former is at least unapologetic about it, while the latter deludes themselves that their ideology is the only correct one.

Miles is like the Robin of Spider-Man now. He's here to stay. Kamala really depends on if they ever give her an identity of her own rather than the legacy of a glorified C-lister and whether she makes it into the MCU before it collapses. Sam's gonna vanish pretty quickly.

People say that, but people change.
Remember when we thought StarGirl was going to be around forever because she's literally Geoff Johns' deceased kid sister?

The xmen are garbage and they should stay dead.

You have too much faith in the size of comic book readers. There's not enough people that read comics in the world to have a revolving door of people 'gotcha'd by name change.
Even people that mistakenly put it on a pull-list would quickly rectify that $5 mistake by the time they got their next stack.

Obviously the name change boosted sales, as did appearing in Secret Wars and no longer being sequestered to his own universe where even then he sold ~33,000 a month while Kaine crashed and burned. To imply it's one thing over everything else is retarded.

its good to see muslims taking a stand and defending their homes instead of running to another country, well played marvel.

>I'll take boiling bubbling piss over red hot shit
Both are unacceptable, and neither should be allowed

Go away Bastion.

Kamala is hard to say. On one hand, she's Muslim. There's not a lot of popular Muslim capes (no one cares about Dust or Muslim Captain Britain). So even if her book tanks in sales and quality, they may keep he around for diversity sake as the definitive Muslim cape.

Miles is Black Spider-Man. He was created and marketed as Black Spider-Man. They can't get rid of him because racism until they have a suitable replacement Black Spider-Man.

Nova. No one cares about him. But people at Marvel seem to care about him (for some reason). And there aren't many Nova Corp members left. So he has a chance of staying.

>Robin
Robin is a combination self-insert and POV character for the audience so batman can explain his insights as a detective. Peter has an entirely different dynamic.

Once the diversity fad is over he'll be forgotten. He really doesn't have anything to offer as a character that peter doesn't except being black and a mutant. Oh and technically hispanic even though he doesn't seem to speak a lick of espanol.

I think Marvel should go back to Rich being the Lone Ranger in space rather than rebuilding the Corps.
Still, Richard's return spells the end for Sam.

>diversity fad
kek
Enjoy the new demographics of comic book fandom. Deal with it.

>Oh and technically hispanic even though he doesn't seem to speak a lick of espanol.
Do you have to speak Spanish to count as Hispanic?

>Enjoy the new gemographics
...people? Wow, so the humans are finally getting into the comic books?

1.pick an establish character
2.remove old version or make a legacy character riding their coattails, or just say fuck it and have two heroes with the same fucking name.
3. make the new character a minority. a popular choice is white woman.

Miles will replace Peter.
Kamala is muslim, so she's safe for about 20 years.
Sam is getting replaced in 2 to 5 years.

Sam is the only one I like out of that bunch though.
He's like Marvels Jaime, a Good character who happens to come after a great character, and unlike Jaime I swear to fuck I want to strangle the guy that wrote the New52 Blue Beetle run he hasn't been ruined by a shitty universe rest yet.
I want him to have a long run, but I know he won't.

>Do you actually think comic buyers are that retarded?

Where do you think you are?

>Cosplayers
>ever buying comics
They get their enjoyment through making costumes they don't need to read the material

I would bet anything that Kamala will have a cameo in the Captain Marvel movie so not for another couple of decades.

>Miles will replace Peter.
And this is how race war starts.

a bit of both+waifucancer

>Their bullshit excuse for not using the X-Men

What is it?

>Sam is getting replaced in 2 to 5 years.
Richard will be back in November. Sam will be gone much sooner than that

Kamala, when the writer changes and some less talented politicaly minded moron fucks it all to hell. I'm betting on a gail simone "the movment" type of crash, rather than a frank miller type.

Sam, when the retcon machine brings back Dick Rider.

Get on talk shows, fire up the PR machine. Felate the comics press. Put them in valuable crossovers and world events.

There's SJWs involved, but it's relatively mild, and the book is not bullshit.

>new

"People of color" have been reading comics forever and there's always been a steady flow of new minority characters, Marvel's diversity media blitz is the fad.

There is a page where protesters outside of Avengers mansion are demanding that they add more POCs. Insideal the Avengers were discussing how it'd be racist to add new people just because of their race and we're hiring on merit. How times have changed

>relatively mild
She worships a marauding pedophile warlord.

as soon as their creators give up the characters solo book just like Nova

Would Miles sell this well if Bendis' name wasn't on his comic?

Same here.