So why wasn't she used as the new Iron 'man'...

So why wasn't she used as the new Iron 'man'? Is Marvel filled with so many black women who possesses such vast intelligence that they're a dime a dosen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HL1UzIK-flA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bendis doesn't have a memory

We need to keep letting people know about LIla and we need to find a way to ask Bendis why she wasn't picked to be the next Iron Man.

Because Bendis won't get royalties from a pre-existing character.

Yes.

Bendis wanted to insert his daughter into the Marvel U and make a Rianna reference. I don't think it occurred to him that he'd be perpetuating the stereotype of blacks giving their kids fucking absurd names.

Bendis wants future royalties for his original character.

Because bendis would rather use a character he created

What's the name of the new Iron Black Woman again?

I'm black and I've never meet a riri

That better just be a nickname

that's her name man
it isn't short for anything nor a nickname

r i r i
i
r
i

I'm sorry Fampai but REE REE Williams is here to stay until bendis gets bored and decides to make another brown character.

People would have complained anyways so might as well do what you want.

Cute wrench wench > "girl genius"

I bet she smells like delicious petrol.

How come black people weren't upset that a white man created Riri? Also, what the fuck kind of name is Riri?

as a black guy I question why he didn't use lila
it'll be another shit bendis self insert OC who'll be written way better in someone else's hands a la Miles

I bet he watched work and decided to name her that

youtube.com/watch?v=HL1UzIK-flA

I love how his eyes go red when he's white.

So Bendis can say HE made her

1) Bendis doesn't read comics
2) Bendis gets to boast how he's the savior of black people.

user black people who actually read comics don't give a shit as long as the character is good. Since this is Bendis I expect this character to be as bland as white bread but possibly decent when not written by Bendis.

It's all about pushing an liberal image since they worship presentation and the like, it's a nice bonus that it triggers the rest which generate buzz.

>MGS I heard him on NPR preaching about how he's ushering 2016 as the year of the black superhero

What an asshat. I mean, I got no problem with more black heroes getting the spotlight, but fuck Bendis.

*mfw

Have no idea why that autocorrected to MGS

>mfw

And yet reaction image.

*>And yet no

Bendis wants to get some royalties if his original character ever gets adapted somewhere.

Wait, Marvel writers get royalties?!

She is the War Machine

I'm french and the only Riri I know is this one

Combination of these two. Bendis doesn't read anyone else's works and when he does he doesn't remember them or care enough to do research, and also in the age of movies and TV you want to get credit for as many characters as possible.

Fun fact: Dennis O'Neil didn't receive any credit or royalties for the first Iron Man movie using Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger and being half inspired by his run. O'Neil had to call. Joey Q and mention "Hey I was just thinking, I did create those characters in your multi million dollar movie, would it be OK if you threw a few bucks my way so I don't have to eat cat food?"

Also O'Neil has created so many classic characters and stories that he didn't remember that he had created the characters in Iron Man until a friend pointed it out during the movie.

The guy came up with the name "Optimus Prime" and doesn't even remember because to him it was just another Tuesday.

Wasn't this essentially what happened when Carol became Captain Marvel, and people kept bringing up Monica until eventually writers remembered her?

There have been many Captain Marvels. Monica just has an obnoxious fanbase.

Denny is the fucking man

>Is Marvel filled with so many black women who possesses such vast intelligence that they're a dime a dosen?

This is not really a fair critique when Marvel already has tons of super genius white men, black men, women, teens, and even children.

What gets me about Monica is she'd be way easier for Marvel to push with this ANAD shit. Carol is an alcoholic right leaning Warhawk. Oh and she's white, blue eyed, blonde, and amazonian.

Monica meanwhile is black, has done everything Carol has AND you don't have to fucking rip out her core character concepts to make her appeal to the teenage fangirls you're trying to attract.

Thissssssssssss

Characterfags will be always be the biggest crybabies

>as soon as i get paid as much as your father
for working fewer hours at a lower-paying job?

At least Monica has a fan base

Consisting entirely of powerlevel fags and Nextwave memes

Because it'd make more sense for her to become the new War Machine.

That's true. People don't like it when characters they like get phased out and will hate whatever they think caused it. It's bad politics to replace characters like that.

Writing comics should not be a zero-sum game, how did it become a zero-sum game?

Most of the complaints come from Bendis ignoring previous continuity to insert another shitty OC in place of a legacy that there are hundreds of more suitable candidates for

Still more of a fan base that Carol

So am I.

I remember when riri was short for retard.

Her name is Lili, just Engrished

Is this the one where they shit on female heroes and it turns out this chick is some super scientist with a secret basement?

Nah.

They're complaining because they can't get yet another bland Tony Stark story.

Because it's Bendis.
Bendis?
Yes, Bendis.
The writer?
Yes.

My guess or excuse, There's more buzz and promotion around the introduction of new characters rather than building up existing ones. It's easier to slide an entirely new character into the role of Iron Man than to explain why Lila wouldn't carry on her uncles legacy. And apparently who gives a shit about War Machine.

What the actual reason is I'm willing to bet is that Bendis doesn't even know who the fuck that is.

>the writer?
>The one from Marvel?
>Marvel writes?

>Has the entire conversation in a single post
Way to compressed to be Bendis, you need to spread that out between 5 posts at least.

Honestly I'd be down if she was a huge weeaboo

I assumed her name was going to be short for Rihanna or something.

As much as he likes to mention how his life is filled with strong black women you'd think at least his wife would give him some pointers or point out mistakes or misconceptions.

that would require Bendis to actually spend time with black people and get to know black weeaboos.

I swear to christ, nothing quite so surreal as walking past a bunch stereotypical blacks only to hear them debating over whether or not goku could defeat ironman.

I pointed out that goku is vulnerable to lasers thanks to DBZ super or whatever the fuck they're calling that movie and they laughed their assess off when their weebest friend got super butt blasted.

You'd think a man who adopted two black girls (saving one from the horrors of having to live in Africa) would have spent enough time with black people

>It's easier to slide an entirely new character into the role of Iron Man than to explain why Lila wouldn't carry on her uncles legacy.
But Rhodey WAS Iron Man

It's fucking wierd, I grew up in the ghetto. I've known plenty of black people in my time and shit can get fucking ugly. Nigga moments are a real phenomenon.

But people like bendis ain't interested in the basic facts of reality, that for good shit to exist you have bad shit. I've seen him try to write urban black characters and it just comes off as academic.

He's not interested in real black people, he's fascinated with characters he's built in his head. Why he's fucking fixated on black people I don't know but it's bluntly fetishitic at this point.

Too bad he wasted his talent in the 70's doing heavy-handed political stories.

this is Brian 'continuity is hard you guys :(' the bowel movement. He's not gonna even consider acknowledging someone else's characters when he can make an OC.

Civil rights were a much bigger and more important issue in the 70's.

There isn't anything wrong with having politics in your stories, it just becomes bad when the politics are dumb, overblown and downright delusional.

Depends on the usage of the character. Since Bendis has been incredibly loyal to the company (and given that he was part of that group that Perlmutter set up to oversee the Marvel films before Feige cut them off), his contract may be different than others.

Rhodey being Iron Man is like Sam being Cap. Once he goes back to Falcon you're going to largely forget about him bein Cap altogether and it will only be brought up as anecdotal evidence to some thing. EVEN NOW, if I say tell me about Captain America chances are you're going t tell me about Steve. Sam isn't even going to cross your mind, or Bucky. Same with the Hulk and Banner, Same with Hawkeye and Clint... It's almost like making these legacy characters or passing on the mantle has no lasting influence on comics, hmmmm.

Bendis just wants to self insert his daughter into the comic he's writing.

Isn't Peter around her age?

>What the actual reason is I'm willing to bet is that Bendis doesn't even know who the fuck that is.

Pretty much this, he doesn't know shit about continuity

Meanwhile, over at DC, creators receive royalties no matter where or when their creations are used.

Len Win has received more royalty money for Lucius Fox than for Wolverine.

Len Wein, not Win.
Fucking auto-correct.

I think technically for most of them it's equity payments not royalties. Not sure how much of a difference that makes in the end though.

Read The first Secret Wars.

Rhodes was Iron Man the whole time. Even tried to lay the pipe on Monica Rambeau.

What are the names of other chumps? In Finland they are Tupu, Hupu, Lupu.

That was back when Paul Levitz was in charge though. WB tries hard to avoid doing so (there was an issue back when Gerry Conway wasn't being compensated for Killer Frost)

I think you may have misread my post. I'm not saying he wasn't, I'm saying in the long run it doesn't matter. That unless it's a title he currently has or keeps permanently you don't associate him with that role.

Because they are setting up 2 black girls as the new iron man and War machine. Seriously how does no one get this shit yet. 2 Black females as 2 current A list Marvel heroes. Lila is Rhodey's niece, following the events of Civil War 2 it makes sense she would pick up the mantle of War Machine.

Riri is problem gonna find her pouting about regarding Rhodey and tell her if she wants to honor him then fight.

>Making fanfic for shit that won't happen

I would honestly bet money that shit is going to happen. Maybe not Riri confronting her like that but Lila will pick up the mantle.

Maybe other Heroes will see a "War machine" flying around and they try to hunt him down only to reveal it's his niece.

I want Riri, Lila and Toni Ho to start a colorful armor girl team

Armor from the X-Men can try to join but they think she's fake af

You know I didn't even think about it like that but it could basically become marvels version of the Magic girl Anime group.

This.

Hell, in five years time who's gonna remember Ock was Spiderman for a full year realtime? And actually got some fucking character development to boot?

Not the writers that's for fucking sure when they have the Jackal clone Otto a new body for him to download into from the Living Brain. Assuming this hasn't already happened yet.

What about Nomad? No fucker remembers that. The fact that X-Men spent a massive period of 90's living in goddamn Australia? Remember how Maximum Carnage actually has a satan powered Hobgoblin, Deathlok and an honest to god Spawn expy? No you fucking don't.

Then over on the DC side of things there's the whole Lex -> Alex Luthor thing that happened in the 90's and it's never been explained what actually happened to his hair. Or if everyone knows that it's actually lex or still thinks he's his estranged son.

Wally fucking West.

>Hell, in five years time who's gonna remember Ock was Spiderman for a full year realtime? And actually got some fucking character development to boot?

>TFW you remember when Ock did this in the late 80's but felt bad for Peter and reversed it because he was dying or some shit and the reversion cured him

No, they still do it. Conway got it wrong and posted a correction.

You're giving them too much credit. Bendis doesn't even know Lila exists.

>Maybe other Heroes will see a "War machine" flying around and they try to hunt him down only to reveal it's his niece.

Man, that would be a fucking good history. Much better than a girl who makes a suit of stolen parts.

That's DC though. DC is better when it comes to legacy characters. You have things like Wally, like Kyle, like The Question, hell they almost managed to do it with Batman. Superman nearly got replaced by a legacy character when Doomsday killed him but in the end DC pussied out and brought him back.
But then they turned right around at the end of that and had Hal go completely off the deep end and become Parallax, so it kind of balanced out.

See? This is exactly the sort of shit I'm talking about. Also, we mention it a lot, but remember the time that Sandman was a fucking Avenger? And he's never been officially kicked off the team?

I'm not just talking about Civil Rights, I'm talking about every other political issue of the day he forced into GL/GA.

This.

Another reason why complainers are retarded. Who cares if they can't have their waifu for 6 months, for a year, for 2 or 5 years even. They will return and barely anyone will care about the other guys.

That's implying that Bendis actually has peripheral vision beyond the things that he writes and actually sets things up in advance

Well when would an old man who looks like the Kingpin ever have the opportunity to be exposed to any kind of teenager or weeaboo? He can't be that far off from pic related.

Marvel listens, they heard the fans losing their shit when Riri was announced as Ironman. Their Twitter was full of people asking about Lila. At some point she is going to don the Armor. Even if Bendis wasn't familiar with her before, he is now I guarantee it. It would be a great story and alot good will from fans and media once all the initial vitriol dies down.

>so I don't have to eat cat food?"
He is one of the few guys in comics who gets an actual pension from DC. I can't attest to how much but he gets one.

>Len Win has received more royalty money for Lucius Fox than for Wolverine.
Still mad about it.

>didn't receive any credit or royalties
>had to call. Joey Q and mention "Hey I was just thinking, I did create those characters in your multi million dollar movie, would it be OK if you threw a few bucks my way so I don't have to eat cat food?"
The same happened to Jim Starlin about Thanos.

Wow, imagine that. Iron Man fans want to read about Tony Stark. Fucking weirdos, eh?

More like fucking retards, like all characterfags.

Because its marvel.
They did already a diverse young avengers.

As far as i know, the sales were not bad.
Not overwhelming but good enough as their current diversity push books, which they just hold on because of diversity.

And now mix first young avenger with second rooster.
Bam the diversity book that makes sense and isnt build on all new characters that feel shoved into our face.

>The half of the team on the right is completely ignored these days

Even being kid Vision is suffering

so what this is like the third black female supergenius that showed up? let me guess, she is spunky,has attitude, maybe a little clumsy, smiles all of the time, has a lot of confidence and her "genius" is simply "makes standard sci fi tech" without ever actually going into the science aspect of it.

What's most frustrating about that is I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HULKLING. Not even a little bit. To me his biggest contribution is sucking Wiccans dick from time to time so he stays calm and level headed and doesn't do something utterly fucking retarded or desperate like his mom does when you leave her by herself. BUT because Wiccan is kind of interesting or compelling I have to see his worthless green ass in every comic you want to put Wiccan in.

Stature is a secondary character in Ant-Man