Jane held an infinity stone

>Jane held an infinity stone
>Nick fury held an infinity stone
>Stark and vision held one
>so did ultron and loki

>BUT SOME HOW THIS IS SPESHUL

Why does marvel always forget it's continuity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9CDX32yIM
youtube.com/watch?v=QcfRLV3_j6o
youtube.com/watch?v=KMP26fyeT8M
io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-and-2-will-be-very-diffe-1770201271
ew.com/article/2015/12/29/doctor-strange-benedict-cumberbatch-powers
youtube.com/watch?v=fw5GyZahygY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You are pathetic.

Well they have different powers. The power gem is not like the space or mind gem. I guess you could say yes, that one is speshul.

as far as i remember they hold a cosmic cube, not an infinite stone.

>Jane held an infinity stone
Pretty sure one held her, she wasn't able to use it, it was literally just feeding off of her and slowly killing her.

>Nick fury held an infinity stone
He put it in a case.

>so did ultron and loki
Aren't mortals.

Jane held the power gem, she's stronger than us all

I'm pretty sure those other people held sealed Infinity Stones or in Vision's case he admits he does not comprehend its properties and so hasn't attempted to access it.
Ronan and Quill held the Power Gem after it was released from the Orb and fully intended to use it.
You might be the one forgetting.

Lol

CC is a Gem in the MCU.

Lurk moar.

But that's not the infinity stone, that's an infinity stone encased in a cube. Just how the power stone was inside the orb and everyone could touch it.

So you're just assuming all gems have the same effects with no evidence whatsoever to back this up?

You don't know that.
It's likely, but unconfirmed, right?

No, they showed it in AoU.

no.
they are literally in a contaiment case.
i enjoy your shitty bait like anybody else but don't get dense friendo.

So why did red black mask die when he touched it?

I'm not OP, or the guy that posted , I genuinely didn't know or pay much attention to AoU.

>CC is a Gem in the MCU.
>Lurk moar.

It's a container for the stone, numbnuts. Stop posting so vociferously about shit you don't understand.

Even Ronan only held it for a few moments before putting it in his giant mallet, acting as a buffer.

Because he tapped directly into it

>Die
He was teleported, like Loki's scepter allowed him to safely, seemingly temporarily harnesses the mental manipulation capabilities of the Mind Gem, Schmidt activated the Space Gem's spatial manipulation through the Tesseract.

It also did not happen simply as a result of his touch, Steve and Schmidt's fight disrupted the machines that were drawing power from the Tesseract/Space Gem.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9CDX32yIM

Cap smashed it with his shield and activated it. Also, it didn't kill him, it teleported him somewhere in space. That probably got him killed though.

At the beginning of the movie, he could touch it without problem. Are you just shitposting now?

Yet, nick furious is still alive

youtube.com/watch?v=QcfRLV3_j6o

0:16, you can see the cube exploding and releasing the gem

May as well ask here, why does MCU call them "stones" when the comics have always called them "gems"?
Did someone see that the Jem movie was in development and somehow anticipate it would be a huge hit, deciding, "Let's just trademark 'Infinity Stones' instead"?

Because he did not make contact while it was malfunctioning.
The Orb similarly displayed a nature to suddenly release a pulse of destructive energy IF and WHEN tampered with, but otherwise remained stable in transportation. Quill even used it as a bludgeon with no issue.

As soon as the Power Gem was released from whatever functions the Orb's operation used to harness it, it stopped producing those surges but it was also now releasing raw output of power upon being held.

I think someone just felt like being cheeky the way the Cosmic Cube is called the Tesseract. If it helps just combine them into one word Infinity Gemstones.

This
It's like you guys don't watch the movies

No she held the reality gem...

youtube.com/watch?v=KMP26fyeT8M

Here's a featurette about the infinity stones, thought it was pretty cool.

What stone will Doctor Strange have? I'm guessing time stone?

It's got to be Soul. Time would suit Guardians a lot better than Strange.

In this thread OP didn't actually pay attention to any of the movies and is a moron

Feige said we'll see the stones in Strange and Thor Ragnarok. GotG won't have one.

Can the time stone bring Ragnarok? Maybe that's what Hela is after.

Source by the way

io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-and-2-will-be-very-diffe-1770201271

>“There’s an overarching story that’s going to be told through all four films,” added Joe Russo. “And I think having the amount of characters we have in [Civil War] certainly prepares us to deal with probably triple the amount of characters in Infinity War.”

>Triple the amount from Civil War? That seems like a huge movie, with a lot of leg work leading up to it. But, according to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, we’ve already seen a lot of that lead up.

>“Much of the groundwork has already been laid,” he said. “That’s the truth. Doctor Strange will lay some more. Thor: Ragnarok will lay some more—but I think the majority of it is already there.”

>Macguffins
I'm booty bothered people apply that term to them.

It is certainly how most see them, as after all there is likely a reason Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet go on to make commentary on how and why the capacity of a mind truly determines the value of power, but Starlin's psychology and philosophy background suggests they're more a metaphor or moral.

After all they were transformed from simply being the mere 6 Soul Gems for a reason. I'd go into how each Gem was renamed to represent a facet of metaphysics, but that's a circlejerk for another time.

Instead I want to focus on their enigmatic presence. In Thanos Quest there's a pattern where most of the Elders, and the Inbetweener, held one particular gem that reflected or complemented their personality or beliefs in some fashion or would prove useful to them were they aware of it. In dormant hands they are dormant, in dangerous hands they are dangerous. The fact they're in certin hands at all gives the impression there's an ominous nature to them and Adam Warlock all but admits as much when he alludes to what his connection to the Soul Gem has uncovered.

Similarly Thanos meditating through the Infinity Well and gaining insight into the origin of the gems produced similar information about the Gems once being a singular entity, a concept taken to its questionably executed conclusion with Nemesis, but that later matter is unlikely to get involved in MCU.

As for the rest I hope Strange is well received enough so come the whole Infinity affair Marvel is willing to be a little more thoughtful about adapting Starlin's full intentions with the Infinity Gems and not just the impression people get.

I would really like to see at least some parts of Thanos Quest adapted in Infinity War. Recently read it because of the movie and loved it.

Haven't read Infinity Gauntlet yet, is it as good?

>Triple the amount from Civil War?
JUST

Are they serious?

Dumb justposter.

Actually it's going to be the Time Stone.

>“The Cloak of Levitation [and] the Eye of Agamotto are his two signature pieces,” says Feige. “In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”

ew.com/article/2015/12/29/doctor-strange-benedict-cumberbatch-powers

It would have been more appropriate for Doctor Strange to have the reality gem, but they jumped the gun and made the retarded decision to make the Aether an inifinity stone and name it the reality stone just because it was the popular theory.

>Haven't read Infinity Gauntlet yet, is it as good?

It's enjoyable, but it's most certainly an Event, and ultimately is more of a book end to Thanos Quest.

>watching Meme Flicks
Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

Is there a reading list for old cosmic Marvel? I know there's one for the recent DnA stuff.

Personally I felt there was less exploration of ideas and developments in Infinity Gauntlet compared to Thanos Quest so I'd put the prior a notch or so below the latter, but I guess one could consider Infinity Gauntlet just more focused an event with a cast that could not be as affected as those in Thanos Quest so a direct comparison would be undue, but in short yeah it's still good.

There is this

It's all but confirmed to be Time.

Cheers.

IG is garbage.

Not really. There's the Thanos one that's already been posted which is real good but otherwise you'll have to be more specific. Ron Lim's Silver Surfer is aces. Quasar ain't half-bad either.

>manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time'
That's--those two things aren't really the same.
What the fuck. Does GotG 2 have something planned with Warlock and the Soul Gem or something? Why would they deliberately side step the most obvious place to use it otherwise?

Why do they always have to find a way to fuck up? Who's behind this?

>At the beginning of the movie, he could touch it without problem

No he couldn't, that's the fake cube.
youtube.com/watch?v=fw5GyZahygY

With Vision around, Warlock would be pretty redundant. I don't think we'll see him in the MCU.

>but they jumped the gun and made the retarded decision to make the Aether an inifinity stone and name it the reality stone just because it was the popular theory.
You know that's a damn good point, that's the first fuck up here. Thor. Goddamn now I'm mad, I thought I had enough reasons to dislike the Thor series but it is actively fucking over the rest of the continuity.

Ain't this just about a bitch.There was a formula here, Sup Forums, just think about it. There was a way for this to have all worked perfectly like putting puzzle pieces in their place but we're in the bad end universe so now instead it's like a piece is made to fit from a different box and every time you go back to it you just have to stare at this screw up or get nothing. What the hell kind of mind game is this.

Especially since Gunn said the cocoon in Guardians wasn't supposed to mean anything, and he had no idea it had something to do with a character. He straight up said he regrets ever putting it in because it wasn't his intention to introduce a character they have no plans for.

LMD

You gotta stop taking this shit so seriously man, the MCU is not 616. You can't expect everything to be exactly like in the comics, it's basically an alternate universe.

Hell, the MCU is called Earth-199999. Were people bitching when the Ultimate universe wasn't exactly like 616? This is basically the same shit, different universe.

The thing here is that they are making a mess of something pretty simple. There was no need to introduce the infinity gems in all the movies prior the introduction of Thanos and make them big plot points.

The Tesseract was not intended to be the space stone or Loki's scepter to be the mind stone when they where first introduced. It was all because of people theories that Marvel decided to retcon them into infinity stones, turning the story into a big clusterfuck. Now that the scepter was revealed to contain the mind stone, it makes Thanos look like an idiot for giving it to Loki. And you can tell they made the Tesseract the space stone just because in the movie opens portals.

Marvel could have just announced Avengers: Infinity Quest to introduce the gems properly through Thanos and avoid all this mess. Just remember the stupid thing Kevin Feige said about there being two gauntlets.

Yeah, the power gem is different from the other 5 gems. They are unique.