Is there anyone that gets as butthurt over the existence of legacy characters (to the extent of refusing to read their...

Is there anyone that gets as butthurt over the existence of legacy characters (to the extent of refusing to read their preferred character because they're co-starring with the legacy) as Riderfags?
People compare Rich/Sam with Hal/Kyle, but were there Halfags who refused to read Green Lantern: Rebirth because Kyle was in it?

I love legacy characters

It's the reason I loved DC before Flashpoint and why I stopped reading DC after

>Dickriders

hahah

I definitely prefer Richard to Sam, but I don't hate Sam.

Hal was dead for so long HEATfags had stopped being a thing at that point

Yeah, no. HEAT will forever be #1.

>People compare Rich/Sam with Hal/Kyle, but were there Halfags who refused to read Green Lantern: Rebirth because Kyle was in it?
Someone never heard of HEAT.

Maybe if Marvel didn't antagonize Richard's fan for so long and allowed the characters to coexist, nobody would mind Sam.
Instead, look how Marvel acted the last 5 years. Sam will be gone soon and everything will be better.

Same here, even though Giffen/DnA Rider is probably my favorite Nova, there's nothing wrong with Sam.

>but were there Halfags who refused to read Green Lantern: Rebirth because Kyle was in it?
user, while I agree that Riderfags are horribly obnoxious, they still don't come anywhere near peak HEAT.

>Richard's fan
top kek

I haven't finished reading all of the marvel cosmic from annihilation to annihilators but Dick is pretty awesome. I don't mind Sam either. But Dick wants to remake the Nova Corps, if this could be them doing that it woukd be cool. But it won't

He has more than Sam would have ever had.
Even Alanso went back on that. When they said Richard would the focus for Nova now, he also said "We're aware Richard still has plenty of fans". Before he said Richard only has 4.

Yeah, the way Brevoort says mean things about Richard's fan is fucked up. Doesn't he realise how that might trigger him?!

Yeah, it's totally all their fault that nobody ever liked Sam.
It has nothing to do with him being a bad character or how forced he was, it was all Richard's fault.

I saw Richard's fan walking down the street one day. There he was, head encased in a golden bucket and making rocket noises as he ran across the sidewalk.
"Hey!" I shouted to him. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me. "Annihilation was great."
"It sure was!" he said, saluting me. "Gotta rocket, later!"
And then, with a final yell of "Blue Blazes", he was off.

I thought to myself: "There but for the grace of Xandar goes Richard's Fan."

HEAT is the bar to reach

>Nova #100
>010

I bet those Marvel Jews charged extra for this

I'd hang out with that guy.

Truly, he is the hero we need but do not deserve.

>Richard's fan leaves the house
Where does he find time to shitpost on Sup Forums and spam asks on Bendis/Marvel editors tumblrs?

Truly he is an enigma.

Marvel has been doing that for a while now, back before issue 500 rolled around the ASM series had been renumbered, around the 50th issue or so they slapped the #500 on it and continued onward.

They did the same for Carol, all the issues of her previous volumes combined to give a 100th issue or whatever.

On his phone.

And it only took 40 years worth of material. That's fucking sad. Harley Quinn will have 100 issues in a shorter amount of time.

They do that with all their book's milestone issues and have been doing it for years. Its hardly a new phenomenon. They did the same with Deadpool for his 250th issue too.

I dont know about you guys but I am pretty mad that marvel dropped the ball with the members of the new x-men after they left Utopia, in the Utopia era they at least were supporting characters now they are background characters with very few exceptions.

It turn out Richard's fan is just Richard himself. The helmet has 5G

Harley Quinn started as a character from tv show in the 90s.

Oops

>Richard tries to shitpost
>Worldmind auto-deletes shitposts
>"We must not succumb to our baser desires, Nova Prime."

It's a Variant cover, you blind shitposting fuck.

You can't even be that blind as you noticed it had a #10.

Fuck you.

Rich Rider's held up as a great hero that Sam looks up to, though. Are we talking comments editorial has made, or just "dead character stayed dead so I'm throwing a tantrum"? 5 years isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. There was a time when dead characters tended to stay dead.
It isn't even a matter of it being a shitty death. Rich got a decent sendoff, until Bendis fucked it up.
>Sam will be gone soon and everything will be better.
Oh, you're one of those.

>>Rich Rider's held up as a great hero that Sam looks up to, though

In the early Sam stuff, he didn't even know he existed. Thankfully after Loeb left the title, Wells and Duggan did their best to salvage things.

Pretty sure Loeb's gone on record as saying he's a fan of Richard, so he probably would have included that sorta stuff had he stayed.
I dunno, I'm reading Sam's stuff for the first time right now, and it's all pretty decent tbqh. Even the Loeb stuff is way better than Sup Forums claimed.

If we have learnt something from all this is that:

Sup Forums should never recommend old marvel or books again or that you should never get attached too much with a fictional character.

Yeah, in the Sam-run Richard is given his dues.

>Wells and Duggan
Strangely enough I didn't mind the Loeb stuff, about the only thing I actively didn't like was Gamora and Rocket coming out of nowhere. That wasn't even a problem with the way they were written or characterized, it just didn't make much sense to have them be there at the time.
The series really did improve when Wells came onboard. Between them Sam went from an okay character to a good one.

Both of those things never helped Marvel.
Richard did have a good send off at first, but it was made entirely pointless and he only stayed dead because Marvel desperately wanted Sam to succeed.
Marvel refused to accept the way things were with Sam and kept lashing out at Richard over it.
It's pretty obvious what's going to happen to Sam once Richard comes back.

Doesn't Rocket and Gamora mention Rich to Sam when they're training him? Or are you trying to just Poochie him?
>Whenever Richard's not in panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Richard"?

They didn't just drop the ball, they deflated it, cut it up, stretched it out, and used it as wallpaper.
Fuck, Elixir hadn't been used pretty much at all in years. They they just up and shot him in the head o make some C-Grade Supervillains seem more evil.

I thought the Nova they talked about was Sam's dad.

>It's pretty obvious what's going to happen to Sam once Richard comes back.
He'll carve out an identity of his own with Rich acting as his mentor, and we'll get some cute big brother Nova stories and cosmic adventures, and Kid Suffering won't have to suffer as much any more?
I can dream, can't I?

Haven't Richfags been reading other Marvel books for the last three or four years? Why would you ever want your favorite character back in this kind of climate?

>Fuck you. My company isn't corrupt!

Eat shit

You fags want characters to come back from the dead a year after they are killed. It has utterly ruined death in comics.

>>@85031259
Not at all what I was saying, but of course they upcharge for VCs. Your presentation is dishonest and misleading. As I said, you're a shitposting fuck

D.C. does it too.

>My company
Image?

>I thought the Nova they talked about was Sam's dad.
Vol. 5 Issue 3, written by Loeb.

He's gonna fade into obscurity. Real talk, look at his sales and look at what most people have to say about him. Almost nobody likes him. I understand that you like him, I feel the opposite. That doesn't matter, though. All Marvel cares about in the end is $$$, which Sam does not bring in enough of for how much effort was out into him
Things can't change if everything stays the same. It's been this way for 5 years.

I stand corrected.

I'm a Kylefag who grew up a Dick Rider but love Sam and his stupid hijinks

If Star-Lord and Thanos had stayed dead too, then it'd be fine. Richard being excluded and staying pointlessly dead was already retarded, but then they had to replace him.
You really can't see why people would hate this?

Hal was only "dead" for like 2-3 years and he kept showing up other places in places like Emerald Knights and Flash/GL Brave & the Bold, plus he became the Spectre for quite a while after he was dead

HEATfags had mostly chilled out by the time they brought Hal back as the Spectre but they were still around, lurking quietly

Characterfags are the cancer of the comicbook industry. They are the cause of every problem with what it has become.

You are sick, dick rider.

Holy shit I forgot about HEAT
Didn't it get way out of control

You are legitimately insane, Jeph Loeb.

>Almost nobody likes him
Most people have no opinion on him because Marvel doesn't know how to market things without drumming up a stink about some manufactured controversy like FemThor or Kamala. They put him on books, but they don't know how to tell people about him.
And when you spend all your time shitposting on Richforums and on here, I can see how your negative opinions on him are reinforced.
Sam's sales are drooping now, but they've been fine for pretty much the whole of Volume 5. A lot of event bumps, but they were never embarrassingly low like Carol's 15,000's sales.
>Things can't change if everything stays the same
You understand the irony of saying this, while suggesting to bring back an old character so you can beat that drum again? Like, that's the exact opposite of doing something new and unchanging.

I want some Richard and Peter team ups again.

didn't heat make bomb threats at DC? I'd say dickriders are a long way away from that.

Go away, Loeb. Your son is dead. Get over it.

Sam was selling below 20k for the most part with Vol 5. Black Vortex, weirdly enough, boosted him to 28k for one issue, but he dropped back down right after that.
Plus, everyone I've met that knows who Sam is disliked him. Almost none of them even knew who Richard was.

I feel like I'm going to get called a few names for this, but whatever. Who is heat? Looked for him on Google and didn't find anything.

heat = H.E.A.T. = Hals Emerald Attack Team

not him but I think with "everything stays the same", he refers with the same plot of "Where is my dad" that he has been carrying since his introduction until now even when we got a conclusion to that storyline.

To be fair, Character fags were how comics could get an increase in sales via having a popular character guest star in another character's book, if that book isn't doing so well in the sells.

>didn't heat make bomb threats at DC
I think that is just a made up internet thing

a group of Hal fans who went bananas after Emerald Twilight

He'll fix it, dammit! He'll fix it all!

>until Bendis fucked it up
Something that only happened because people kept demanding Bendis explain why Richard wasn't back. What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

I just wanted an explanation.

I also wanted Bendis away from Cosmic entirely, but here we are.

This. I hope every Sam shill (so Loeb and everyone he pays) gets cancer and dies like their precious Sam Loeb.

Oh, we all did. But wanting one from Bendis was never going to end well.

>characterfags
Worse than cancer.

Fucking follow creators, you tremendous faggots.

>Is there anyone that gets as butthurt over the existence of legacy characters as Riderfags?

You obviously weren't around when Jaime Reyes debuted.

Jaime is cool.

Yes he is, but Tedfags were NOT HAVING IT.

>Not following both your favorite characters and your favorite writers.

Do you know why people kept demanding to know what the hell happened? Because if they didn't, he'd never say it.
Thanos Imperative ended with Drax already killed by Thanos, Rich and Peter squaring off against him in a dying universe!
Then we see two of the three of the characters who were supposodely trapped back in our universe, one of them nowhere to be seen, and the guy we SAW die, alive. All with no explanation.
If it were any other writer, maybe people would assume that he'd explain eventually, but Bendis is infamous for not giving a shit about earlier history. Its entirely possible he didnt even know they were dead!
Compare the recent Doc Samson, who we SAW dead and in his grave. Do you think Bendis is ever going to explain why he's alive?
Fuck, what about the Corsair, Cyclops's dad! Did you know he died in the lead-up to War of Kings? Vulcan fucking murdered him in front of everyone! Then Bendis brought him back, with nobody even commenting "Wait, didn't you die?"

>Sam was selling below 20k for the most part with Vol 5.
Lolwut? These are just from Diamond, so who knows how his digital sales were. Vol 6 is the stuff that's tanking, and that is easily attributed to Marvel shitting the bed on advertising.
>everyone I've met
Which is what, ten? Twenty?

It's interesting to see how similar those lines are for the first 8 issues of each of the volume are. Obviously just 20,000 less.

The cover is a blatantly there to trick people into buying it because it's got that collectors value as it's a #100

>not shitty distribution
>not shitty editorial
>not shitty IP laws

It depends how you handle the passing of the flag and how good the legacy character is.

IIRC Sup Forums and scans_daily got angry about Jaime when he was first announced but his comic was good and the character was likeable and Ted Kord was talked about in his comic and treated with respect to the point that Jaime won over both Sup Forums and s_d and other Kord fans.

In the case of Whor and Miles the narraration and the other characters treat them like they are better than the original they have little to no personality and are just hyped but have no substance.

With Kyle and Sam, they both are OK but their respective companies shit on their predecessors so fans of Hal and Rich weren't happy about them.

Kamala was well thought and when she debuted Carol was still a thing and aupported by Marvel so no one cares, especially since Kamala is better.

So yeah it all depends.

This, Riderfags have yet to bomb scare Marvel like HEAT did with tje DC offices.

Ditto although Duggan having his rotten corpse shown in Black Vortex kind of triggered people.

I think one of the heatfags actually did and the rest of them nope'd the fuck out hard

Until the comic came out, a lot of Ted fans now love Jaime.

As a rich fag, ive come to love same as he is basically ultimate peter 2.0. He just wants to do good by other people, but the universe keeps shitting on him, as well as writers keep making him job. As someone who can fly around the universe and destroy armadas of space ships, he should be kicking much more ass.

It was a rogue HEAT member but yeah.

Also the bought ad space in Wizard magazine.

Count me in as a Riderfag who likes Sam

Who is that guy? Is he the same guy who runs the cosmicbooknews website and has the bringbackrichardrider tumblr?

Sam, much like Miles I feel, has a lot of potential to do cool stuff but just hasn't had the right creative team working on his book to bring that out yet. I also echo the sentiment that if Rich comes back them being a duo and doing stuff like rebuilding the Nova Corps and having a cool mentor/student relationship would be great if the writer knew how to handle it. This plot with his dad doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast, anyways.

As usual, there's no such thing as inherently bad characters, just bad writers.