So I just marathoned Young Justice and holy shit this is by far the best superhero show I've ever seen. I loved it...

So I just marathoned Young Justice and holy shit this is by far the best superhero show I've ever seen. I loved it. Only problem I had was that in season 2 there was WAY too many main characters and some got WAY more development and screen time than others (fucking Blue Bettle) What does Sup Forums think about Young Justice? I want more. It can't end like that.

Watched a few episodes on Netflix and it seemed to be boring dreck. Only interested in it because of the months on end of people shitposting about how bad it was. Did it ever actually get better?

>So I just marathoned Young Justice and holy shit this is by far the best superhero show I've ever seen.
Watch Justice League and JLU then. If you still think it's the best (or even good) after doing that, then you'll know whether or not you really do have shit taste.

Been like almost 1 year exactly since I watched it The biggest problem for me was season 2's animation it was painful to watch.

also fuck it sucks being aqualand

HELLOOOOOOOOO
MEEEEEEGANNN

>Did it ever actually get better?

It did. The first few episodes are building blocks to the characters and premise and it does pick up halfway through.

Also, you should know better than to listen to persistent shitposters.

This

Even if we limit it to only Weisman shows, Spectacular Spider-Man is much better

Fuck are you on about? This show is fucking garbage. The only thing even remotely good about this trash is Artemis' abs.

Miss Martian is an abomination.

>it's a Sup Forums shits on Young Justice episode

fuck this shit

>Complaining about Blue Beetles development
He was a main plot point for the show, you get that right? He kinda had to be developed. Otherwise we'd be wondering why the he'll they were making such a big deal about him.
Sup Forums only shits on this show because most of us spent our teens alone on our computers and watching a show about teenagers being social and happy triggers us

I wanted and still want to FUCK Impulse with the force of a Japanese bullet train!

>WAY too many main characters
honestly i don't think that was that big a problem
the problem is that they didnt clean up ANY of DC's baggage
5 years later, jason todd has become robin and died. he came and went during a timeskip
the JL council is deciding whom to add to their ranks... and the two green lanterns acknowledge the other two green lanterns. it's like really guys? you felt it necessary to stick that hard to the comics?

Season one was pretty great, I dropped it during s2

It's a show about the DC universe. They wanted it to be as extensive as possible.

It's certainly a lot better than that hack Timm just mashing Jason and Tim together.

>Otherwise we'd be wondering why the he'll they were making such a big deal about him.
Didn't stop them from doing that with Robin.

Sup Forums shits on this show because all of the characters are obnoxious, one-note assholes.

That's kind of strange, I also marathoned it last week, second time watching most of it and I enjoyed it. I liked it.

The GLs did do the hilarious "No" to Guy Gardner in the league. I found that amusing.

>people dislike the hello megan catchphrase when it was one of the best parts of her character when it was revealed as being taken from an outdated TV sitcom

Having a consistent personality =/= one note

JLU was good but over rated. And the poor animation kills me. Why does no one have inner ears?!

For me EMH > YA S2 > JLU

>when it was one of the best parts of her character when it was revealed as being taken from an outdated TV sitcom
You're acting as if it wasn't painfully obvious that this was the case 3 episodes in. Weisman was not subtle about it in the least, and the forgone conclusion only made it more forced and annoying.

Sup Forums loves to hate on Mgann but she was definitely not one-note

In fact, of all the criticisms I have of YJ, "one note characters" is not one because aside from Aqualad, they all had relatively layered personalities.

People caught that a few episodes in and were begging for it to be done with.

You're much smarter and cooler than everyone for correctly suspecting the origin of Megan's catchphrase.
Is that what (You) wanted?

Except it wasn't painfully obvious for Sup Forums when it was airing? I was there.

Plenty of people were saying "is she just going to say that the entire show?" as if they were never going to address it. Also no one would've caught onto her not being a green martian three episodes in.

Literally anyone who read Johns' Teen Titans or the subsequent runs would have known she was a white martian.

...and how is that a fault of the show or how "Weisman was not subtle about it" Teen Titans kept Slade in the dark even though everyone knew who he was.

The monument scene in S2 stands out to me for some reason. When they're looking at the dead heroes under Mt. Justice, Jaime and Bart talk about how they don't like to advertise that the heroes 'aren't immortal', and people who see Jaime think of Ted in a new costume.
This show hid in little details tons of great themes and concepts that could only happen in a setting where masked heroes roam.
Sup Forums hive mind can get fucked, YJ is great.

>Except it wasn't painfully obvious for Sup Forums when it was airing? I was there.
Bullshit. Literally the only thing on tv in universe was that sitcom. I still remember that in episode 2 or 3 there's even an announcer going "stay tuned for another episode of helloooooooooooooo--"

We have some dumbasses here but I refuse to believe nobody connected the dots there.

>Also no one would've caught onto her not being a green martian three episodes in.
Except for literally everyone that reads comics. M'gann being a white Martian is like Raven being a demonspawn; it's the core of her character and the only real story worth telling there.

And that's kind of the problem a lot of people had with YJ S1. By episode 2 we get told "Robin is going to grow up to be team leader." Do we get to see it? Nope! Timeskipped over. The second Artemis shows up and we get the whole "find yourself a spitfire wally! (By the way did you notice how I spent the entire episode calling Artemis a spitfire?)" thing from Doctor Fate we knew they were gonna shack up together or at the very least be the show's beta couple (to Conner and Megan, because wow they didn't even wait until Megans' second line to deploy that ship).

Young Justice had a real problem with telegraphing character development to the point that it held no mystery, while simultaneously obfuscating the plot development with its "No seriously everything is still according to plan" for like 14 episodes straight.

The show had a lot of potential, and I love the animation style and character designs, but the story had problems, and when combined with the network's shitty scheduling made for something that just wasn't fun to watch.

Brave and the Bold did everything better than YJ tbqh

>tfw no one wants to talk about how cute bart is
>tfw everyone would rather want to shit talk the show

You're hopeless.

Hinting at concepts is never as good as exploring them. Too much of the cool shit in the YJ universe, and even some of the necessary stuff, happened off screen.

Helllllooooooooo Me-GAN!

The problem with having so many characters is that Weisman seemed to want to do something for each one and have them have some kind of important role which is impossible with a cast of characters that large. JLU had the right idea even if it meant other characters got left out in the cold: you have your main characters and your regulars, then you have the background characters who can be slotted in as needed but never really need to be developed because they're ultimately small roles while the episodes tend to be written in a manner where you can still like them. Vigilante and Shining Knight are good examples of that.

I'm guessing the people in this thread hating YJ is doing it because it was and is still really popular and could potentially have a third season while their favorite shows are dead forever

>By episode 2 we get told "Robin is going to grow up to be team leader."

Only Aqualad believed that, and considering how Nightwing fared, he made the wrong call. Dick had a lot of strengths in that show, but leadership wasn't one of them.

But the six main characters never really changed. We still a lot of focus on Dick, M'gann, Artemis, etc. The only changes were Conner and Kaldur switching out their time in the spotlight and adding Bart and Jaime as mains due to their importance to the plot.

Blue Beetle is a good character but why does he completely fucking take over every goddamn show they put him into? Season 2 was practically all about him and he wasn't even in season 1.

I like that they slipped Static and some of the superfriends in.

Given how the show was cancelled and they rushed an 'ending' we don't know that they wouldn't be explored. There's only so much that can be done in 20 minutes, man

Nah. I'm too new to Sup Forums to have been around when people were forming opinions about this show. And I'm pretty okay with my favorite shows being dead forever. I've been watching tv for nearly 30 years. It happens.

YJ worked for me the first time I watched but didn't hold up for the second. I'm not quite sure what it is. But to be honest, Weisman shows in general kinda never do it for me. So it's probably more my tastes than anything the show did.

Why is DC having all the cute boys disappearing
90s YJ literally has the best teenage boy characters and now Bart is nowhere to be found, Superboy is made into a far less cool character AND nowhere to be found and they are killing Tim
What is happening to DC's teenage boy characters

You don't think Nightingale made the right calls? You think anyone could have done better in what was higher stakes than they'd faced before?
The only hiccup in his plans was Miss Martian frying Khaldurs brain, and he had no idea Miss Martian was lobotomizing people

Personally I thought JL/JLU was better

Well, it first started DC tried to be darker and edgier and gritter, which is the complete opposite of the Young Justice gang. Then they had Scott Lobdell write Teen Titans and he fucked up Bart (Bar Torr), Tim (A fake name given to him by witpro), and Kon-El (Actually the clone of the supervillain Jon-El from the future). Now DC's reeling from that and they can't just reintroduce the real trio without explanation why there are three other guys who just happened to steal their names.

Hopefully, with Rebirth, DC will bring back the real Bart, Tim, and Kon.

Not just that, but smaller mistakes like kicking Arsenal out when they're trying to recruit new people, rather than taking him aside to do that.

Not to mention Dick was ready to hand over leadership back to Kaldur. It's not just whether he was good at it or not, but it just wasn't something he enjoyed. There was even a hint of it when they go to Bialya in season one, where he's depressed to be leading a mission when earlier in the show, he would've loved the opportunity.

I think Detective Comics is ignoring everything that happened with Tim in Teen Titans, he doesn't even have the dumb bird wings anymore. So he's fine.

Kon is a lot cause now that there's Jon Kent.
Same with Bart and black Wally.

The best we can hope for is that Super Sons is good and worth the sacrifice.

its an SJW shitfeast

Local Wally cannot stop "dying"

Did Red Arrow go back to sidekicking with Green Arrow after discovering his original during his hobo phase? Seems that the coverage kind of stopped there.

>b8ing in a thread like this
For the good of man please end it all

We'll he did have a kid to take care of. He probably cut down on the heroics in general

everyone looks has the same generic look in young justice; at least in jl/jlu it's tolerable and doesn't look bad most of the time

No, I refuse to give up!.. Okay, now that I've thought about it, it would be pretty convoluted for there to be four Flashes. And if you're reintroducing Bart, then you'll have to introduce Max, so that means five Flashes. But I mean, the Batfamily has, what, eight members? And Bart, as Impulse, is very unique from the other speedsters, so he could still work.

I do agree that Kon's in a shitty situation. For so long he's been the brooding, wears-a-black-shirt type, and I assume most people would only recognize that Superboy, not the YJ one, so it'd be next to impossible for DC Comics to bring back the old Kon. Not only that, but it'd be really confusing to have two characters called Superboy. For Tim, I'm just hoping they off the witpro "Tim" just to introduce the real Tim, saying it's all a huge coincidence that the two share the same name, weapon, and computer skills (I mean, it wouldn't be the most convoluted thing to happen in a comic book series).

I just want Bart back, is all though. I'd be fine with Bart only.

>The best we can hope for is that Super Sons is good
I pray everyday that it is.

I think they'd add Jesse or Irey back before Bart again, just because they need more female speedsters

At least the new Chinese Superman seems to have Kon's old personality, Kenan is an acceptable substitute

And as long as Detective is ignoring literally everything Lobdell did, Tim seems to be doing fine there. No reason to kill him off and make it all even more convoluted.

One mild complaint is that they took Tim's personality and put it in Dick.

>they need more female speedsters
Well, they have Cheetah, but most writers refuse to remember that she even is a speedster for some reason.

>I think they'd add Jesse or Irey back
>Irey
But... Irey's alter ego is Impulse. Holy shit, I fucking swear to God if they call another character Impulse before Bart, I'm going to send a very angrily written letter to DC.

I always felt bad for normal people watching this show and not getting 50% of the shit they talk about because you'd have to already know about DC stuff to understand certain things .

I think they bring Bart back with Jenni and the LoSH for a while. No point in rushing him to the present at least.

It's really interesting how season 1 and 2 are totally different in terms of pacing.
In season 1 we get to see the same six/seven characters develop over 26 episodes.
In season 2 we're barely introduced to Batgirl, Wonder Girl, or even Tim Drake. Very fast-paced and it requires a lot of attention from the viewer. Some people, like me, like that pacing, and others think it's just not fun to rush through everything like that.

I'm fine with this.

>Impulse gets his costume and alter-ego idea from the legendary speedster, Irey West
>Impulse goes back in time and inspires Irey West to copy his costume and name
Back to the Future that shit.

I fall into the latter category. I felt like I had only just gotten used to the team, was really looking forward to Rocket and Zatanna, and was REALLY looking forward to seeing Robin's rise to independence and becoming Nightwing, but they mulled over all of that. After a few episodes, I ended up dropping the second season because I couldn't care enough to follow along.

Why was she such a whore?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, season one's plot was either barely existent or was sluggish as hell, while season two it had an even pace and didn't wait until the backend of the season to get interesting.

No, I hate it because I watched it, wanted to like it, but it was boring, poorly written garbage with terrible, unlikable characters and Weisman's at this point cliche "the bad guy lost but he really won" bullshit.

YJ is fucking terrible not in the least because Weisman went took a piss on his own fans who were just coming off SSM and expected much better from him

He went from the best written superhero show to literally piece of shit in a matter of years

That's a record

Don't worry OP, too many people outside of Sup Forums liked it. So Sup Forums just has to hate it and spout hallow criticisms they've seen someone else on Sup Forums post. Show's great enjoy it! Maybe we'll get season 3.

Yeah, that's another reason I prefer season 2.
Season 1 was fun to watch once, but afterwards you feel like you've seen it all. Plus, a lot of the dialogue in that season sort of sucks. Outside of "Terrors" I just can't enjoy anything from season 1.

Season 2 is much more no-nonsense. The plot moved along briskly but not at the cost of giving each character a chance or two to shine.

Says the casual

what

I will never understand the love for this show. Maybe it's because I grew up with STAS, BTAS, JL and JLU, but Young Justice was straight garbage to me. Never been a fan of the whole angsty teenage heroes save the world thing, anyway.

Once they get to the character development the only issues were a couple cringey lines

You heard me.

>I'm guessing the people in this thread hating YJ is doing it because it was and is still really popular
I love this meme. YJ was never popular why do you think it got cancelled?

It was popular enough to have a shitty tie-in game.

Cancelled due to toy sales exclusively. I wish i was kidding.

Don't hold your breath, but there is a a chance that we could get a season 3, because of its popularity on Netflix.

This.
In fact, stick Kon in the Legion again too, as their Superboy. (Maybe Brainy made a clone because he was bored or something)
Sticking them with Legion would let them (hopefully) be lighthearted optimistic type characters again, and could gloss over the mistakes of New 52.

i wish they had made good toys

You dream the fuck on.

>dream the fuck on
>Literally was mentioned of having a high chance TWO months ago

You stay the fuck in denial.

No one breaks the curse.

>this is by far the best superhero show I've ever seen

Then you've seen little and what you saw was shit.

OR you've seen little that's well written and/or are easily snookered by stupid story-lines, idiotic motivations, poorly conceived characterizations and people being foolish and brainless all-around.

What I hated about season 2 was that it did a 5-year timeskip just for the sake of having a timeskip, and then gradually told us about what happened during those 5 years that all would've been much more interesting if we'd actually SEEN it happen.

>, and he had no idea Miss Martian was lobotomizing people
Which he should have because she was doing that back in season 1 but nobody called her on it.
Well not nobody. Sup Forums did.

The fuck? Same generic look? Bruce Timm characters literally all have the same body type.