Why does Sup Forums hate this movie? It has scenes that are unquestionably kino

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie? It has scenes that are unquestionably kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=waTDxRZ93Qc

D I S H O N E S T

Sup Forums hates normie popular things
they are just being contrarian for fun

I've never seen this movie, but do you mind posting an example of these kino scenes? I have almost no emotional reaction to this, except thinking it's seems like a quaint throwback, yet cheesy and hackneyed. Maybe if the entire movie is like this, you can suspend the cynicism developed for movies over the past several decades and can buy the magical naivete, but this doesn't have much impact out-of-context.

Maybe if you like the films it's imitating and would be interested in a modern rendition of them, the movie might have merit, but I think those movies stopped being made for a reason, and the formula, no matter how "modern" is the rendition, does seem not "dishonest," but inauthentic.

see now, you're saying a bunch of words, but they don't really mean anything

Am I suppose to automatically agree with that? I looked at the clip from the perspective of someone who has never seen the movie, and gave my reasons why I didn't think it was "kino."

Not the guy you're talking to. I saw the film and enjoyed it, but it felt like it was a bit indecisive on what it wanted to be. Sometimes it felt like it was a satire of the American Dream. Goslings character talks about how modern jazz just isn't the same, he joins a band playing modern jazz to make money and sells out on his dream to make it. I figured that was where the movie was going. But that's a side-plot to Emma Stone suffering setback after setback, almost giving up and then making it big and leaving Gosling behind. Inconsistent, but the film was technically good.

it was a great movie. Best movie of 2016

It doesn't really matter. If you loved it, love it, if you hated it, tell everyone else they're wrong, which seems to be what people do.

It was my personal favorite movie of 2016 by a longshot and I saw it in theaters twice. It made me feel like a kid watching a Disney movie for the first time again, so beautifully orchestrated, choreographed and ambitious in nature. The 7 minutes at the end are still vividly ingrained in my head. Pure awe.

Of course it gained universal praise very quickly, and so there are people who feel challenged by this, and already go watch it with the mindset that "this can't be THAT good." There are also people who miss the point completely like this guy It's a movie entirely about art, which is why some people called it "shallow," but in a year filled with deeply repressed gay black men and emotionally dead fathers I found the unpretentiousness refreshing. The opening sequence encapsulates what the movie is about ENTIRELY: "He'll see my face and think of how he used to know me." They get where they wanted to, just not how they thought.

if you like that scene you're everything that's wrong with modern audiences.

it's a mess.

Not enough close-ups of Emma's feet.

>it's a mess.
elaborate on your opinions, and don't be overly meme-y like how you want to.

I thought it was good, but imperfect. I wish they would've taken another year to get the choreography right

Notice how he didn't reply. THe first user is full of shit and is just looking for trouble.

just see it, it's almost magical. the intro might throw you off but if you follow the lyrics it sets the tone from then on you could barely tell it's a "musical". the score is just incredible.

Muhh Hollywood circlejerk film, fuck off.

Who does he throw rocks at?

Definitely a scene you can't get if you have a penis.

>I just repeat other people's opinions word-for-word

>Implying I can't come to a conclusive decision on what my opinion of the film is by myself.
Intelligent discussion m9.

>a jerk off on the beach won Best Picture over this

w e w

God

Dude, gay black boys from the hood.

The only thing it was missing was to make them obese and transexual.

It definitely is good flick that provides fun time, but it ain't exactly so for those who know cinema in depth. It's so easy to notice some parts are heavily borrowed, instead of inspiring, from its preceders. Sooo those are the reason why you probably see "For" or "Against" reviews toward this effort, user.

The ending sequences are the most kino, don't want to ruin it. Just check it out. Even if you don't like it, the music is catchy.
It sets itself up as another cheap love story when really it's a deconstruction of romances with happy endings. It's fun but it's about people's lives. People fuck up and give up and have regrets. But regardless of what you've done, you are where you are. The ending is what sells it.
I really liked the message. Then again,
>opinions

>hate this movie
because I expected Mia to marry a black guy, like Sebastian's sister did. Instead she married a white guy, disappointing.

You hit the nail on the head here, user. Well put.

the color scheme is awful. the warm violet in the sky, implying the last lights of a setting sun contrast awfully with the cold lights on the street. the street itsel is unkept and harsh and extremely predominant in the shot because I dont know. Apparently there was no other way to shoot the feet of the two MC without raping the landscape with 6 meters of asphalt. Also the bench was fucking ugly. And the goddam pilons. And the dark vegetations. And how the dance starts, with Ryan Gosling coldly lit by a streetlight, but we just see the pole and we dont see the light itself.
Also, Stone and Gosling costumes are like punching with each other. Too bright one and to cold the other.
>but it's supposed to be that way
Learn color theory you spastic.
You can create contrast without raping the eyes of your audiences.

I didnt reply cause I was watching a movie. Try it sometimes, maybe you'll learn something

white and black smoke against yellow and blue.
man, what the fuck where they thinking

almost cried tears of joy at the ending because it was literally perfect
I stopped playing both piano and trombone when i started university and this movie got me back in the mood for practicing instruments again. It legit changed my life.

You didn't have to use 'raping' twice.
I personally like the dusky city coloring there. You're right about their outfits, it makes it look like theyre on a cheap greenscreen. I don't remember the colors of any scenes besides the one posted, desu.

>I didnt reply cause I was watching a movie. Try it sometimes, maybe you'll learn something

Did you just assume their knowledge?
You could recommend they study color theory if you find it so important. They might be a pro kino-ologist though, but there's no real frame of reference to tell from a two sentence post.
That's a good burn though, made me kekkle

>defending the ADHD faggot who called someone out for not responding in 14 minutes
Okay.

That's fantastic! Picking any hobby back up is hard but so worth it.
It's really fun to play in a community band, you should give it a go.

It was ok, way better than Moonlight.

>You didn't have to use 'raping' twice

I'm Italian, not a native speaker.
It's actually pretty difficult to write long posts and get what you wann say across when there's a language barrier. So, you know, repetition happens and in most cases, it actually helps

I'm not defending anyone. (Besides myself. With my current post) I pointed out that a person casting judgement here is silly.
Did you assume my knowledge is a meme, too.

Ending is kino

Trombone was relatively easy to pick back up but fuck, my piano skills went downhill and i've lost almost every muscle memory i had in my fingers.
I'm currently playing trombone in a jazz trio. Nothing too hard but its a lot of fun.
Almost stopped playing videogames since i've got back into music.

projecting

emma stone can't sing dance or act, gosling isnt much better

I can see where you're coming from. Makes sense. It's less the repetition and moreso the terminology. I thought you were trying to be edgy, which confused me because your post seemed well-thought out.
Most often edgy memes =/= real post

The piano is hard af to play. It's hard not to get discouraged when you compare your past skills with how rusty you are. I'm sure after time and effort it will click back into place, like riding a bike. That's what I've heard from an on-and-off mandolin player friend.
It's amazing how video games and shitposts seem trivial in comparison to real-life ventures you can actually improve in.

Solid 10/10

Yeah, I think if you're involved in any type of art/have any artistic aspirations this movie will light you the fuck up.

I'm a writer but I always wanted to compose music and play the guitar, however too lazy to learn. A month after watching La La Land I started classes with an amazing jazz-experienced teacher and now I'm getting to be pretty good at it. Feels great.

Literal 2/10
3/10 garbo

2016 was a bad year for movies, so of course it is in the top 3 films of 2016

the movie itself was average
emma stone falls in love with gosling's character almost immediately
they break up almost immediately (they don't even try to make long distance work)

gosling supports her all the time (encourages the play, contacts her with the information about the audition, takes her on dates, let's her live with him), while she does absolutely nothing for him

then there's the "it's hard in hollywood" pandering to critics (films about show business do well with critics) and "you have to make sacrifices" meme

reading the comments in this thread, i am convinced that Sup Forums is now reddit

Reading your comment, I'm glad you think Sup Forums is like Reddit.

Maybe this encourages you to leave and the place becomes more intelligent.

This film is pure reddit, pull up the poll. Anyone who defends or likes it is an enemy of cinema and a phony.

I hate it because I feel like it glorifies the behavior of cunts like Emma Stones character instead of shitting on it the way society should.
She got together with Gosling, he busted ass to give her the kind of life she wanted, the chances she wanted . . . and because of that he wasn't around as much as she wanted. So she leaves him as soon as she gets her big break, forgets all about him and marries Chad Thundercock.

The message of the movie was 'women are incapable of feeling actual love and loyalty' but everyone seems to miss that.

this just confirmed to me that she is worst emma and my waifu is best emma hands down.

otherwise a cute flick with a mediocre score 3.5/5

It's about people trying to get somewhere in life, and struggling
This is portrayed by successful Hollywood A-Listers Gosling and Stone
Film is a complete mock of itself in a bad way and feels hollow

Felt forced and the songs aren't that good. The dancing is also terrible.
Hopefully, Emma Stone is a great actress and their love story isn't too stereotypical. So good movie but not great.

Stone acts the exact same in everything and sounds like a man. How anyone tolerates yet enjoys this is proof the world is shit. She isn't even good looking.