Can we all agree this was shit?

Can we all agree this was shit?
>False advertising, "war" is about 15 minutes of screentime
>Caesar acts like he's the victim when humans fight him to preserve their existence
>Cloying sentimentality throughout the film is an extremely desperate attempt to make you root against your own species
>Colonel is the designated villain despite doing absolutely nothing wrong
>Deus ex machina cop-out eliminates all the humans so the filmmakers don't have to delve into the murky ethics of the apes genociding the humans
>Caesar is ultimately no better than Koba but the movie retcons Koba into some kind of antihero instead of actually questioning Caesar's personal morality
>Humans fight each other for some retarded reason even though their forces combined easily could've wiped out the ape menace
>Colonel enslaves the apes instead of killing them despite knowing that they're extremely intelligent and ruthless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eau3RoxGN8E
youtu.be/GclmFIjvDlU
youtube.com/watch?v=GclmFIjvDlU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you realize war isnt all just constant shooting and explosions and battles. theres a lot of shit that goes on in between.

Sup Forums pretty much destroyed your brain, its time to go back

Yes, but this was a prison break movie, not a war movie.

We can all agree that you're a fucking brainlet

Not sure how this is even tangentially related to Sup Forums.

>No actual responses, just whining that I don't share this board's shit taste
As usual

POWs and escaping is still part of war. it was a labor camp too. and the war was not only apes v humans but humans v humans as well.

>mfw conservatives hated this movie.

I think you know you're being obtuse. Just because that's technically a part of war doesn't make it a "war movie" in any sense.

My biggest gripe was the Colonel putting literal monkey jesus in with the other apes.

It just didnt make sense. Any normal person would have had him either shot dead or separated in isolation.

Completely unbelievable.

This. Caesar never should've set foot in front of the others.

what is your definition of a war movie then?

Stopped reading after your first point

>starts OP with "can we all agree blah blah blah'

>Colonel enslaves the apes instead of killing them despite knowing that they're extremely intelligent and ruthless
>Nazis enslave the Jews instead of killing them despite knowing that they're extremely intelligent and ruthless

Almonds

How was Koba retconned?
The idea of Caesar becoming like him is never portrayed as a good thing. The conclusion of his arc is him deciding not to act like Koba.

I really liked the second one, but gauging your reactions this one isn't as good?

So is there any flashback's to the first one?

I agree with some of your points, especially the convenient avalanche. However, there was still some good characterization and I found myself invested throughout.

It doesn't reach kino levels the way Dawn did but its still solid cinema.

Yeah, but apes are strong. Jewish intelligence and ruthlessness is meaningless unless they can get goyim to serve as their muscle, and they can't while imprisoned.

Nah he's right there's little to no action in this or it all happens off screen. Dawn was surprising and this was disapointing.

Don't watch unless you want to be amazed at the quality of the CGI for 2 hours.

And yeah whipping the apes to the US national anthem and having the colonel be a Christian was a little too conservative-bashing.

>the convenient avalanche
See if you can get the Mythbusters to check that one for you.

Was that lake at the end the same lake Charlton Heston crashes into?

fuck off brainlet, this shit was kino

literally all the points you made are objectively wrong and explained in the movie. gr8 b8 m8

This is something that really bothered me. They kill everyone that goes retarded while having fucking virus-mutated apes fight alongside them.

He's right with that one.

>>Humans fight each other for some retarded reason

Killing his own son and the men under his command is pretty harsh, specially when it isn't even known if they're carriers of any virus. It's much more likely the thing is in the air and every immune person will become retarded on their own like it happens at the end of the movie.

He wants to kill the apes, who we like having spent two films alongside them.

He also enslaves them to build a wooden fence to defend against apaches, instead of just mercy killing them.

>kill fellow humans
>enslave apes
>>did nothing wrong

Were all the Northern Forces already mute?

They were a very odd addition and I wasn't sure what their situation was.

Would you rather have an intelligent bunch of virus-carrying slaves, or 'tard, virus-carrying slaves?

Isn't muteness just a symptomp tho? I thought it was the most visible effect of having your brain turned into mush by the virus.

They weren't exactly smart with running straight in like a bunch of Zerg, to kill this guy for... a reason?

But you're right, I imagine flying an Apache takes a lot of healthy minds.

So did they ever explain how the virus works?

I remember reading about how War would go into the effects & show it "evolving" into a deadlier strain?

It was implied that the mute girl's toy gave him the virus

That final battle just made me want to play Just Cause 3 again.

How it works was explained in the first film. It's gene therapy.

War shows it making humans braindead

It's a virus orignally made to stop and reverse Alzheimer's that was piggybacked on another one that resembled ebola, due to ebola's ability to fool the immune system over and over. Originally it was the ebola-like part that killed almost all humans, and once those who were suceptible to it were all gone, evolution took its course and the Alzheimer's part became dominant, so the composite virus mutated and you ended up with a new strain that can affect everyone left thact acts like reverse Alzheimer's, making you slowly retarded until you become like the humans in the original movie. I'm guessing most of those affected just die when they forget how to breathe, though. A minority must recover but be doomed to pass the brain damage to their children.

Bad Ape is the key to all of this, because he's a funnier character than we've had before.

Was that his actual name?

I was excited to see a non Caesar Ape, but the comic relief was a little bit much.

t. brainlet who watched the trailers instead of judging the movie by its own merits

>The Great Escape is not a war movie
>Bridge Over the River Kwai is not a war movie

The only thing OP's reaction will show you is that he's a retard. If you liked the first two you'll like this one

>Patrice didn't live to witness monkino
it's not right, lads

Why was the outpost so similar looking to Auschwitz? even being in the snow with the train track heading into the main gates?

It was Kino you fucking pleb

>those shots
>that color palette
>that motion capture showing emotion better than humans
>that God tier cgi

Same reason there was a border wall. Every villain must be a fucking nazi nowadays.

They didn't have a train track though

it's really worse than dawn?
This movie was literally the only movie I have been genuinely looking forwards too.

its a good movie, retards are just mad it wasnt 2 hours of apes and humans fighting each other

if you are expecting non-stop violence for two hours yeah it sucks

but if you want a solid ending to the trilogy and have an interest in seeing what becomes of ceaser, it is good.

It's really one of the best looking blockbusters of the past decade. Huge improvement over Dawn.

>Can we all agree
No

triggered

>but if you want a solid ending to the trilogy
that puts me at ease, thanks user. The first two movies totally hit me by surprise and I became a huge fan (I would even go as far as calling them some of my favorite movies of all time).

Pro tip for you brainlets out there, Caesar is Moses.

Rest assured the third is easily the best of the trilogy.

>movie about intelligent apes
You have to be a special kind of retard to think these stuff is enjoyable in the first place. Probably the same kind of people who think The Dark Knight Rises is a master-piece.

ix

>the original 1968 movie about intelligent apes isn't one of the greatest movies of all time with hands down the greatest ending in cinematic history.

Stop, your pleb is showing.

>argued with black guy who identified the apes as the good guys today
Idek how to parse that information, hours later

Woody's character had a good reason for his actions but he was legitimately insane. Walls, really?

>he doesn't know these are based on classics from the 80's

youtube.com/watch?v=eau3RoxGN8E

>posts a trailer from 1972
>80's

>Cloying sentimentality throughout the film is an extremely desperate attempt to make you root against your own species
Wait, there are people who didn't root for the apes? What the hell is wrong with you?

>check kodi
>everyone only has trailers up
Fug this

Only edge lords dont root for the apes.

I wouldn't watch a cam rip of this. Either see it in theaters or wait for the bluray rip

Based Adam comes to the rescue.

youtu.be/GclmFIjvDlU

The fuel tank scene kind of ruined the ending for me, it didn't make any sense. Also why did they kill Caesar off?
Overall I liked it better than Dawn, but Rise is still the best one.

Confirmed for shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=GclmFIjvDlU

>Why didn't the girl speak/have emotions for her father?
>Why did they execute both guys!

Literally connect the dots Adam. Holy fuck losing Merk must have fucked your head. It is clearly b/c of the new Simian Virus

Its the last film of the trilogy, it makes sense to kill Caesar

It's Amiah's 13th birthday. Say something nice about her character

as a full fledged 1488er I have to agree

you have to be retarded to think Harrelson's character wasn't redeemed in his monologue and was made sympathetic.

The best part is he acknowledges it later and then pretends like that didn't explain it.

He just didn't want to like it, plain and simple. The apes weren't fuckable enough I'd assume

He's comparing her lack of emotion for father with her emotion for the ape which she had 1 scene with.

If you just want two hours of apes and explosions this movie isn't for you. If you are actually invested in Caesar's character and want to see a fitting conclusion to his story then the movie is great.

whoa, it's as if, she has regressed into a primative simbian state.

hmm...... its like she identifies with Apes, more than humans

Nah that cant be it...........

>>Deus ex machina cop-out eliminates all the humans so the filmmakers don't have to delve into the murky ethics of the apes genociding the humans
What the fuck does that even mean? Explain, as I haven't seen the movie.

An avalanche kills a human army rather than apes

Deus ex machina cop-out eliminates all the humans so the filmmakers don't have to delve into the murky ethics of the apes genociding the humans

I have no interest in paying to see this movie, but this part sounds interesting. Wanna expand?

Apparently large explosions on a snowy mountainside after a fresh snowfall WOULD NOT cause an avalanche.

Also known as grasping at straws to defame the film and get people not to see it since Spiderman Homecoming is doing poorly

Do we even know if the mutated virus makes them savages like he claims? The little girl still seemed to retain intelligence and emotions seeing as how she starts learning monkey sign language in a few days from an orangutan that can't speak

You would have thought that in one of the 57 exposition scenes they would have been able to explain that it makes you love monkeys.

>>False advertising, "war" is about 15 minutes of screentime
The film is based during a war.
>>Caesar acts like he's the victim when humans fight him to preserve their existence
Caesar never wanted the war but since Dawn has recognised that apes played their part in creating the conflict
>>Cloying sentimentality throughout the film is an extremely desperate attempt to make you root against your own species
Or an attempt to show both sides as being capable of love and a desire to protect their own
>>Colonel is the designated villain despite doing absolutely nothing wrong
Film clearly illustrated the reason for Colonel's actions and lends legitimacy to his actions
>>Deus ex machina cop-out eliminates all the humans so the filmmakers don't have to delve into the murky ethics of the apes genociding the humans
There is no plan or attempt by the apes for a human genocide. Caesar's grudge is against the one individual and not all humanity. Nova and his repeated showings of mercy clearly illustrate this.
>>Caesar is ultimately no better than Koba but the movie retcons Koba into some kind of antihero instead of actually questioning Caesar's personal morality
There is Maurice literally questioning Caesar's personal morality pretty much throughout the film. Koba's stance is completely the same as Dawn.
>>Humans fight each other for some retarded reason even though their forces combined easily could've wiped out the ape menace
Colonel goes mad and orders his men to kill innocent people and the other force is appalled by this. It's not actually a retarded reason.
>>Colonel enslaves the apes instead of killing them despite knowing that they're extremely intelligent and ruthless
Colonel needs ape workers to fortify his defence position.

Caesar's story mirrors Moses's

He killed his own child because he lost the ability to speak. And if that little girl was anything to show for, the mutated virus doesn't seem to actually affect intelligence all that much.

The last shred of humanity is never gonna overcome another virus, why kill what little people you have left just because they stopped talking?

>it's a marvlel drone is triggered by an amazing film episode

>Apparently large explosions on a snowy mountainside after a fresh snowfall WOULD NOT cause an avalanche.
That is correct. Also it does sound like an asspull conclusion because the script writers couldn't write themselves out of the situation.
Might as well have written the spaghetti monster in. Would have had the same retarded effect.
You are literally defending shit writing and suck the flick's cock with emotional involvement.

It's a lot better than the second one, Dawn was just a mess of ape and humans fighting, I can barely remember a single scene from it

At the very end once the colonel is dead and the base is destroyed, a remaining human army is wiped out by an avalanche as a result of explosions.

I just wanted to say that OP hit the nail on the head and the rest of you are in denial or have shit taste.

Still a decent film overall though.

he got btfo though
literally everything OP said is flat out wrong

Was it definitely her father? Might have been a loli situation?

Most likely. He was a soldier in the colonels army and the colonel states they had a ton of people desert when they started executing their comrades/families

>The raining scene where the CGI apes get all wet but the actors didn't get wet at all

they're good arguments but ultimately it defends the film that we got against a better film that it could have been otherwise