Is this the greatest documentary ever made? How do we save our home Sup Forums ?

Is this the greatest documentary ever made? How do we save our home Sup Forums ?

We can't. Our species is near its end, or a massive culling is near that will reduce humanity so drastically that nature will be given a chance to rejuvenate

After watching Planet Earth, I realized that humans are the cancer of the ecosystem.

Still not sure what to make of it.

Not true, my jaded friend.
We evolved on this planet like everything else.
The ultimate end game for life forms is not equilibrium, it's domination.
We are smart enough to survive even if all our systems are torn down.
We will soon create true AI which will be our natural successor. Meat bodies are just not good enough.
Have some faith in mankind bro.

>The ultimate end game for life forms is not equilibrium, it's domination

It doesn't have to be this way.

>The ultimate end game for life forms is not equilibrium, it's domination.

Except we are literally the only species that does that.

So, you're fucking retarded.

But its already this way. There is not a single species in this planet that is willing to give even a single natural competitor an inch in expense of its own, and would conditions warrant, every species would gladly destroy whatever you call an "equilibrium". Only thing keeping it all in balance is that all are held in check by the viciousness of their own competitors, not some kind of "natural harmony".

Even if you kill humans, there will be another species that becomes the next superpredator and destroys whats natural. Either thats some kind of rats, an overdestructive Kudzu, or some superbacteria, nature itself destroys whats static over and over again.

You KNOW it doesn't have to be this way faggot. That's why you're desperately trying to rationalize it. As humans we're supposed to rise above. Even if you look at it in a purely logical sense, we still haven't learned enough about nature, we're still codependent to it. The mass extinction going on atm is insane. In a few years we may not even have rhinos because some superstitious chink thinks his horn will cure cancer or something.

Wait a few centuries until we advance enough. Yes, it's going to get much worse before it gets better but in the end it'll all go well, the more we know about our planet the more we know how to restore it to its original state, we're pretty close to even reviving extinct species. Earth will be the first world to be terraformed.

Its the way it is. We save as much as we can, but in the end what we create is a lot more artificial than what nature itself would allow.

Without human culling in regulated huntings, park management or fighting against invasive species, the natural cycles would be a lot more volitile, being of a generational rise in times of plenty and utter starvations that follow it.

Would some species be better off without humanity ever evolving past africa? Of course, but in the same way, some prehistoric species would be better as well if their competitors never evolved any better.

Human beings already are above that by actively investing in preservation of nature where possible. Being butthurt about a documentary is being blind to the grander scale of things.

That's because we're winning the race you fucking bible belt simpleton.
The goal of lawn grass is to dominate all other lifeforms.
Humans are successful due to naturally selected intelligence.
Human tech is successful due to a planet laden with fossil fuels.
Alien planets with intelligent lifeforms would not advance without an industrial revolution fueled by easy energy.

We are at a stage where we can manipulate climate. We may lose 95% of the population scum but we will come back harder and smarter with better systems.
Intelligence reigns.

No, user, it is you who is the retarded one.
Life reproduces and consumes until it is no longer possible. if you consider that some sort of harmonious equilibrium conjured by gaia, instead of inherent limitations of the given species' adaptability then you've swallowed too much new age religious bullshit and are beyond saving.
Anyway killing yourself will do good to all of us so feel free to help.

Evolution has historically happened in leaps and bounds.
A major catastrophe where 99% of a species is wiped out is where the "bounds" happen.
The fittest (smartest) survive and become the breeding stock for the next crop

Its true we are a cancer. Were milking dry the natural resources, taking taking taking, killing off everything excessively for our own personal pleasure as well as polluting the atmosphere before its too fucked we have to go off into space and find a rock to cling onto

>the mass extinction going on now is insane

Oh boy.... It's nothing like those of the past.
What humans are doing to the planet right now is a light rain creating minor puddles of inconvenience metaphorically speaking.

And what we are up to now is the tip of the potential of our own iceberg of manipulation.
See We will mold earth into a planet that will spread 'humans' to other planets to do what we will with.
Humans of the future will act and be composed like nothing identifiable before them.
When we crack certain codes we will write our own programs to this universe.

Aye, there I do see where you are coming from. There is something, over all pleasing about the natural balancing of the universe untouched. Many scriptures read the true pathway to enlightnement is doing away with our need to use will/manipulation and simply listen/observe to the vast orchestra of it all in awe. Everytime I talk a walk through the park or look up into the night sky I absolutely understand where you are coming from. But deep down... way deep down. I wish from my heart that I could with the swipe of my hand, with a simple thought, rearrange and order it all to however I deem fit. It's the burning desire to organize by our own will.

Humans are the only real source of good in the world. They can also destroy. Animals, insects, birds, plants, trees, and microbes cannot choose to be selfless or see themselves.

Language and understanding of language is true key to understanding humanity.

By your thinking then life itself is a cancer on the entire universe

Does other life do what we do? Barbaric dog butchering festivals, dragging sharks out the ocean to cut off their fin to then chuck them back in the sea, drilling all of the resources out of the ground, created a whole artificial island made of rubbish., destroying the o zone layer etc

I dont know why youre defending us so much, with other life theres a fight for survival but thats nothing like us

>that image

Flat-Earthers BTFO

The perfect life form does not just spring into existence, bible style.
It evolves over millennia, shit is slow as fuck but is expedited by mass extinctions and catastrophes.
Think of how far we have come in the last century alone (electricity in homes was not a thing until recently)
How long will flesh bodies last?
I promise you this...Our destiny belongs on media storage

If you're worried about endangered animals you might want to have a talk to the Chinese.

>Humans are the only real source of good in the world

That's true. Which is why we need to chill out for a bit. Look past our biological imperatives and look at all the evil we're doing as well.

Dolphins are known to be psychopathic, occasionally murdering random sea creatures for fun. Also a species apt for rape.

There are ant species that specializes in invasion and enslavement of other ants, for the benefit of their own parasitic hive.

There are parasites that force mice to have sexual attraction toward cat urine.

Nature is in no way more moral or "wholesome" than us.

Define what you mean by "chill out", treehugger.

Abandon religious views that all the nature is there just for humans to exploit.

I'd punt that penguin sooo hard.

Ahhhahhhahhh. You actually think the planet gives 2 fucks about us. It was here long before us and will be here long after.

We have to just get rid of turk-rape-roaches that don't pay debnts.

>le humans are le cancer XDDDD shitlib meme.

Fucking SJW liberal cuckolds.

Our sun is a G-type main-sequence star (yellow dwarf) that formed around 4.6 Billion years ago.
It's a bout half way through it life.
As it ages and nears end of main sequence it will engulf the earth completely. No more planet Earth.
Think about that for a second.

You either didn't actually read my post through, or the rhetoric went over your head.

Whether one sees us as cancer or not is not what I'm on about. I'm saying, the future looks more exciting than the nature before our eyes. We can burn it, build it, break it, construct it, we can do whatever the high heavens of our imagination will.

Don't know what you could have gotten from it.

CAPTCHA: Construction Vehicles - I agree, we need a lot of them, and make them bigger. Terraforming vehicles please.

I mean we are at a point where there's enough food to go around provided we use our heads. Nobody else has to get hurt at this point. Chinks killing rhinos based on superstitions is unnecessary. Oil drilling when we have nuclear energy and the fucking sun is unnecessary.

It doesn't. But we do.

>he doesn't have the planet earth bluray special edition or a ~100GB transparent encode of the bluray or $1000s of dollars of 2k-8k stock footage

There is problems with that. To maintain it, that means we have to curb third world population growth immensely. A literal one-child policy for the entire africa, south america and even some parts of asia.

Are you willing to agree on either starving or destroying those third world nations for saving animals?

Post a better man than David Attenborough.

Pro-tip: The anglo is eternal.

B
ong posting from a proxy. Blacks are superior.

Wow i can't even read the half of your retarded meme no wunder your country is such a shithole
Btw thanks for my daily dose of bullshit

About 7.6 billion years from now, the sun will reach its maximum size as a red giant. Its surface will extend beyond Earth's orbit today by 20 percent and will shine 3,000 times brighter. In its final stage, the sun will collapse into a white dwarf.

What then hippies fags?
Should we keep advancing to dominate the galaxy or should we be earths pussy bitch until she fucks us over with an ice age or gets destroyed?

Absolutely. Having less children is in their best interest anyway.

This.

I would trade the life of every 3rd world goblin for a single forest critter

I consider myself Green politics.

However I would like to note that a common fallacy among environmentalists is that nature can only do good and isn't in any way suicidal. Animals and plants are much more primitive than people and hence not even remotely as capable of reason. This means that nature can be just as much suicidal as people can, there's really nothing preventing some animals from overpopulating and eating other species to extinction. Some plants can spread like disease and kill off other plants from their way. Wildfires can and will start without humans, and without human intervention they could spread really far and fast the more there are trees and other vegetation.

So yes, humans can be and are cancer for the ecosystem, but we can / could be much more.

>I consider myself supporter Green politics.

You do realize that this board has IDs right?

The thing that surprised me about this documentary was the fact that I saw so many new things, even though I was raised watching Omaha's Wild Kingdom and NatGeo (when they still had nature shows and not auctions).

Smoke a blunt and watch this, it's great.

Hence is why I corrected myself.

I'm curious to hear your solution about the purification of the whole atmosphere, the reverse of the acidification of the oceans and their temperature rate going up, the disparition of the main pollinator insects, the disparition of regulators like sharks and tunas.

The domination on a pyramidal system is working on an equilibrium.

bwahahahahaha

But i do.

Seriously some of the most beautiful footage I am ever seen.

Would gladly oay the license fee if there were more like this.

I also liked man vs wild. And ofc all of steve irwin's (rip) stuff.

Steve Irwin was one of my childhood heroes not gonna lie.

Was having breakfast and watching the news when they reported on his death. I literally shouted at the screen saying "no" and telling myself its not true and its being misreported.

He died doing what he loved, which is more than most people can say. If there is a heaven somewhere, I'm sure he made it bro.