"SUICIDE SQUAD" SPOILERS

Deadshot (Will Smith) assassinates a mafia snitch, then goes shopping with his daughter Zoey, when Batman appears and arrests him.

Batman then chases after the Joker (Jared Leto) and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and captures Harley after their car falls into the river and the Joker leaves her behind.

Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney) is arrested by the Flash (Ezra Miller) while robbing a bank. Killer Croc (Adewale Akinoeye-Agbaje) is captured by the government while hiding in the sewers. El Diablo (Jay Hernandez) surrenders to the police after accidentally killing his wife and children.

They're all locked up in Belle Reve by Amanda Waller (Viola Davis), who wants to use them as disposable assets for the United States government, but her superiors reject her proposal.

June Moon (Cara Delevigne) touches a voodoo doll and becomes possessed by an evil spirit, the Enchantress. Waller tries to use her as a proof of concept of the potential of using meta-humans as living weapons, but the Enchantress goes rogue and releases her brother, the Incubus, who possesses a businessman (Robin Atkin Dawes). They besiege Midway City and turn people into monstrous creatures.

The government authorizes the Suicide Squad to go in and extract Waller. They're put under the command of Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman) and joined by Katana (Karen Fukuhara) and Slipknot (Adam Beach) and have nanobombs injected in their necks.

Meanwhile, the Joker finds out Harley is in Belle Reve and kidnaps one of the guards, Griggs (Ike Barimholtz), who directs the Joker to the facility where the nanobombs are created. The Joker then kidnaps one of the scientists and forces him to disable Harley's nanobomb.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/keemiemillz/status/759557823919431680
twitter.com/briantruitt/status/759887540426006528
comicmix.com/2016/07/31/john-ostrander-is-indifferent-honest/
twitter.com/bestofmargot/status/759478622021361664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Arriving in Midway City, the Squad's helicopter gets shot down. Boomerang convinces Slipknot the bombs are fake and Slipknot tries to escape, and his head is blown up, which was part of Boomerang's plan to figure out if the bombs were real.

The explosion alerts the monsters to their presence, and they fight them off before reaching the bunker where Waller is located. They're attacked by more monsters, but fight them off and go to the rooftop for extraction, just as the Joker and his men appear to rescue Harley. She climbs into the helicopter, but it is shot down by the monsters, and he pushes her out before it crashes, seemingly killing the Joker. Harley then rejoins the Squad.

The Enchantress appears and kidnaps Waller. The Enchantress then reads Waller's mind and finds out where her heart, which is the source of her power, is hidden, and retrieves it. With it, the Enchantress can unleash hell on Earth.

Deadshot finds out what they're really dealing with, and the entire team quits and goes to a nearby bar. Flagg tells them he'll complete the mission, but will let out whoever wants out. Everyone decides to stay but Boomerang, but he later comes back anyway.

The team finds the Enchantress in a museum, opening the portal to Hell. She attempts to tempt them to join her by offering to fulfill their deepest desires, but they resist. El Diablo sacrifices himself to kill the Incubus, Flagg's best friend Lieutenant Edwards (Scott Eastwood) sacrifices himself to damage the portal, and Harley destroys the heart, killing the Enchantress and freeing June, while Flagg saves Waller.

Waller has everyone put back into Belle Reve for further missions, but they're awarded time off their sentences and privileges like family visits. The Joker later breaks into Belle Reve with his men and rescues Harley.

In an post-credits scene, Waller bargains with Bruce Wayne for him to protect her from the backlash of the Midway City disaster in exchange for the government's files on meta-humans so Wayne can assemble the Justice League. Waller reveals she knows he's Batman, he warns her that if she doesn't dismantle the Suicide Squad then the Justice League will come for them.

This scene was actually tastefully done.

>You look tired, Mr. Wayne. You should stop working nights.

>Boomer Bank Robbery
Smells fishy, dont buy it
But, doesnt he already have info on them? Unless of course its meant to keep the government from knowing too much about the league

>They're put under the command of Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman) and joined by Katana (Karen Fukuhara) and Slipknot (Adam Beach) and have nanobombs injected in their necks.
So...Katana has a bomb in her neck?

>BWEE BWEE

No. She's the only one that doesn't.

I'm completely okay with this.

>Suh y Suaid Eskuad

joker is surprisingly chivalrous toward harley

The synopses actually sounds solid. There's a forward momentum to it. Shame it's disappointing by most reviewer's standards.

It appears we cant have a abusive relationship in this, so it looks like they went with the "shes my favorite toy" angle. I just want to know if Leto is decent and has at least has a better laugh

>Joker rescuing Harley
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it otherwise doesn't sound bad. Hopefully they did it cleverly and didn't just remove the fact that the Joker doesn't give a fuck about Harley's life

But will they address the dead Robin? Shouldn't Bats be kicking in the rest of his teeth?

>Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney) is arrested by the Flash (Ezra Miller)

A henchman asks why he suddenly cares about her. He says he doesn't, but she killed a demon god or something, so she must be useful. Then he kills the henchman because LOL CHAOS XD

Decent, but it's a little on the safe side.

Not really a complaint, but it shows that the previous DC movies were excessive.

No Batman connection for her, huh?[/spoiler

but he comes back anyway
Get it? Like a boomerang.

I kind of dig the old man laugh. Not the best by a long shot, but I like that it's goofy and off putting.

Harley's rapsheet appears on screen and reads she's "wanted for the murder of Robin".

So it is Affleck, right?

fuck please be true

No.

What?

>But, doesnt he already have info on them?

Not really, just security cam footage. The only dossiers he got were on Barry and Arthur, he can probably just go to STAR Labs to find out about Cyborg. In one of those fake articles, Lex talked about how Waller was cockblocking him on meta human information.

What? The mid credit scene got leaked on Periscope, it's pretty neat and yes, Affleck is in all the scenes with Batman/Bruce.

Is Dick Grayson mentioned/alluded to at any point?

So he'll kick her teeth in too?

Leto Joker still sounds fucking terrible.

>Joker cares about Harley

What the fuuuuuuck. How can they miss the point of their relationship so bad?.

Harley is really popular right now, for some reason. They can't risk the inevitable Tumblr backlash if she's seen to be the colossal human doormat that she is by accurately portraying her relationship with the Joker.

Damn, this actually hurts her as a character. Fucking dammit

I'm curious about this too, like, any mention on the stupid "Joker is Jason Todd" theory?

Look Harley hasnt been Harley for some time now. The cautionary tale/doormat thing has been dropped because all people want is the shipping or strong random woman shit

Yeah you're right, still if Joker is all about Harley and caring about Harley, then Sirens as a team (and Harley & Ivy as a whole) doesn't really make sense. They really fucked up big time there

"I got in trouble with Harley once. She said I wasn't being a gentlemen. I didn't open the car door for her. I just swam for the surface instead.

No direct references.

Harley's rapsheet reads "wanted as an accomplice in the murder of Robin".

No, but apparently Jason Todd is. Harley is listed as an accomplice in Robin's death.

Sounds pretty good. What's the problem here?

leaked? where is it

sounds pretty good

Probably taken down. It was in a previous thread.

twitter.com/keemiemillz/status/759557823919431680

Cautiously hyped.

>womemen
Why do they ruin everything, bros?

They don't.

I'm just happy the 3 female leads like to touch each others nipples during interviews.

So it turns out the original embargo was the day before release, but WB pushed it up to 3 days after one of the press screenings.

Link?

They should save the abusive side of their relationship for a future Batman movie. A cliff notes version of Mad Love in this already overstuffed film would be a bad idea.

>Entire movie can be perfectly summed up in two posts worth of text.
Woooow.
So, it's at least better than BvS, I'd imagine.
Damn, I had higher hopes for this.
Fucking hell.

Not really. It already leaked and it felt like it was taken word for word from the GENERIC CAPESHIT GUIDE FOR DUMMIES handbook.

>So, it's at least better than BvS, I'd imagine.
That's kinda easy to do.

what's wrong with that?

Sounds fine. Sounds like it's written by someone who knows and gets the DC characters and universe. Can we get Ayer instead of Snyder on JL part 2 please?

If there is a MAIN flaw with the MCU it's the shitty disposable pointless villains and this honestly sounds worse instead of better.

twitter.com/briantruitt/status/759887540426006528

we'll see, though it doesn't sound too bad to me.

Problematic thinking, user.

Nah, man. If Ayer/WB didn't add the abusive part in this movie they never will

Doesn't sound awful, but doesn't sound great, either.

I feel like it kind of simplifies the complex motivations and characterizations from the Ostrander comics to "bad guys find it in their hearts to do good and work together and maybe they weren't so bad after all."

Also, why the fuck does Joker care about rescuing Harley from the Squad? He usually just tends to use her and play off her infatuation with him when it suits him, and then doesn't give a fuck when she's in danger, unless he needs her alive for something.

I like his laugh though, is it Hammil tier? Fuck no, but it's good. Feel cruel to me, almost trollish

He loves her here.

They are putting Snyder on a leash for JL 1 apparently. Let Snyder deliver on those visuals he's good at and let someone else take over everything involving story

>He loves her here.

>>Entire movie can be perfectly summed up in two posts worth of text.
That is indicative of nothing, we have threads like this about every cape movie

Didn't Joker display clear jealousy toward Deadshot over Harley in Assault on Arkham? Also i remember Joker in that debut Harley Quinn story ( that first introduced her into DC universe) Joker tried to have Harley killed because as he put it she was making him feel things he didn't understand/like. As in he was catching feelings for her. So Joker actually caring about Harley is nothing new

>why the fuck does Joker care about rescuing Harley
He's possessive, doesn't like others playing with his toys.

HE

NEVER

CARED

ABOUT

HARLEY

NOT

ONCE

As you said it, Joker said that her may have feelings for Harley, and what he did? He lured her into a rocketship and tried to kill her. He never had feelings for her. She was merely a toy to him, Joker risking his neck to save Harley is 100% OOF for her, and even more, it destroys the foundation in what the Harley & Ivy friendship is built on

100% OOC for him*

Nobody cares about Ivy and Harley.

Is not about the ship, it's about Harley as a character and Joker as a character.

this sounds really boring

Why are you arguing? It doesn't matter if there's precedent for it. All that matters if if it works in the movie or not. Fuck everything else.

39 keks.

fucking hell

I don't understand why they portrayed Joker saving Harley.

The guy is in every comicbook movie, an absolute psychopath whose entire relationship with other people is always abusive (Harley), self-destructive (Jackanapes) or obsessive (Batman)

Snyder is good at visuals only if you're an autistic man child with no idea of subtlety.

Will every Harley/Ivy shipper be triggered?

You're trying too hard, kiddo. Maybe dial it back a bit.

>He lured her into a rocketship and tried to kill her
He did that specifically BECAUSE he was starting to develop feelings for her and he didn't like it

Choice AnTEENcipated Movie
“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”
“Jason Bourne”
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
“Star Trek Beyond”
“Suicide Squad” **WINNER
“Trolls”

i don't know, but i'm a batman/joker shipper and i'm pretty triggered

>Trolls

i forgot about that awful movie

>AnTEENcipated

You know we could still get a Joker/Ivy pair off if Joker is still the abusive boyfriend and leaving Harley for dead somewhere for Ivy to fish her off from.

Not surprising how often he's used Harley to leave batman wide open for a trap that usually involves getting Harley within the killzone.

not gonna lie, this movie sounds like utter shit and none of the preview clips have even made me smile.

The lack of reviews five days from release is a big red flag too.

DCucks will be btfo once again.

frrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooommmmmmmmm yesssssssssssssterrrrrrrrrrdayyyyyyyyyyyy..........

Justice League looks fun

One thread says that the reviews didn't change, so I really don't see what you are talking about

I think this movie more than any other movie is a good way see that this site is incredibly out of touch with what ''normies'' like.

W-what?

If that's the case DC fans better hope the movie bombs. It it opens big and it's just as bad as BVS the DCEU is dead as a doornail. The public won't be interested anymore.

>not even smiling at literally all the Boomer stuff
You have shit taste friend

Everyone's projecting a very successful opening, right?

teens are pieces of shit not normies.

But they are the biggest demo.

is that suppose to mean something? that's why they don't let them vote

Ostrander is hyped. Why aren't you?

comicmix.com/2016/07/31/john-ostrander-is-indifferent-honest/

twitter.com/bestofmargot/status/759478622021361664