Did you expect Miles to last this long?

Did you expect Miles to last this long?

I sure didn't.

>2011

5 years, not really THAT surprising. I mean, Sentry is still around.

He's Bendis' baby

I expected him to last about as long as Bendis does
The man just can't be stopped. No matter how trite his writing.

I did. People made a big fuss about him and all.

But granted, I wouldn't be surprised if some other black hero would steal his spotlight in the future.

Considering he was created before Marvel went full retard, why wouldn't he have lasted?

He's a character that people actually put a little effort into instead of marvels current, Pick a non white ethnicity, slap them in a costume, make them an inhuman so all the works already done formula.

Plus great costume (Although that's something every spider except jess can claim.)

>before Marvel went full retard,
OMD was before Miles, user

That doesnt matter now, marvel has embraced Miles just as they have embraced Bendis products.

So can someone explain the appeal of Miles to me? Right now he seems like Marvels Poochie

That should be a mark against him. He's been around for 5 years, yet has not had one memorable story nor developed any interesting personality traits. He's a failure of a character.

He's a teen street level Spider-Man for anyone that doesn't like Peter owning his own company.

.....So hes just early Spider Man? Fucking great. Im not a fan of current Peter, but this seems like a dumb compromise

His costume isn't better than any other spider & he doesn't deserve the title of spider-man. Hell, he doesn't even want to be super hero.

Looking back at my initial reaction, honestly no.

But apparently race grabs are the norm now.

HAVING SAID THAT, Miles has become his own man n I like what marvels done with his character so far

>His costume isn't better than any other spider
Let's not get crazy.
> he doesn't deserve the title of spider-man
The title of Spider-Man has been dragged through the fucking mud. Eternal reminder Peter sold his marriage and unborn child to not-Satan.

I'm sure people are queueing up to write Miles.
He's a blank slate with some spare parts of popularity from Spidey.
If they can get their hands on him they can do whatever character they always wanted to do (alcoholic father of three who's trying to shape up? Why not!) but never got the okay from higher ups.
Miles can be anything because he's a blank canvas that people look at for some reason.

Describe his personality and the villains he fights

Bendis has a new baby.

I'm not sure Spider-man's a title.
It's not like 'god of Thunder', 'president of the united states' or 'chief constable'
It's just a secret identity. It's not attached to any type of organizational structure.

Are Miles & Sam basically the marvel whipping boys of Sup Forums..?
The catalog is already full of multiple threads with these two, full of people posting the same shit

Its whatever the writer wants at that time.

5 years and that's it?

Maybe it's shills trying to up thier popularity by getting people talking about them

Marketers gonna market and all that.

Miles is essentially a blank slate

More cowardly than the average hero, has zero common sense, and is not quick to stand up to authority figures/eager to please them.

In the time Miles has been running, Ultimate Peter was having cool adventures and fighting Carnage because the relationship Peter had with MJ and Gwen were well developed and their possible deaths were engaging.

IS Sentry still around? Last I saw of him he was speeding off into Space spouting ominous poetry.
That was years ago.
Also Compared to other new guys like Ghostlowrider or Alpha just disappeared.
Miles is going relatively strong even sales wise.

I expected him to last this long. But I only expected him to last as long as the Ultimate line went on for so I'm still surprised

He was literally created and marketed as THE Black Spider-Man.

You think they were going to kill him off in a year? He's here to stay unless they find another new Black Spider-Man to replace him.