The scenes are unnecessarily long and if it came out today it would be criticised for it...

The scenes are unnecessarily long and if it came out today it would be criticised for it, I dont care that it was the "first to do it", it did it wrong. It was so basic how he filmed the apes, I see more complex filmaking from a wildlife documentary.

>BUT DUDE LONG TAKES ARE FOR PATRICIANS
You can have long quiet scenes that are both good and bad. Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.

>DUDE THOSE SCENES MAKE US APPRECIATE TECHNOLOGY AND SHIT
a competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.

>IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LASER GUNS AND SJW PANDERING FOR YOU LIKING
Fuck off. Before Sunrise was litterally just two people walking around a city, talking and it wasn't boring for a second. You know why? BECAUSE IT HAD A COMPETENT DIRECTOR!

>DUDE BUT THE AENDING WAS PRETTY LSD TRIPPIN LMAO
So it's confirmed the drugs have destroyed your brains. 2001 fans are literally DUDE WEED LMAO tier

Personally I think people who say it's in their top 10 are either lying or retarded.

I think that intellectually its held up worse than the rest of Kubrick's worst, but I don't feel the need to criticize other people's taste anymore.

>its held up worse than the rest of Kubrick's worst
They all suck equally.

Ok

#1 greatest sci fi of all time tackling AI, discovery, evolution, man vs machine, destiny and space travel doesn't hold up half a century later?

K

Oh it "tackles" all these things? It shows a 20 min video of men in monkey suits throwing shit at eachother and then a magic black object appears and makes them smart. Evolution tackled I guess.

Did George Romeros death really cause this many 14 year old trolls to try to rouse up the Gen Xers or something? Sheesh.

KUBRICKED

but its dishonest filmmaking

The entire film is about the evolution of man and machine you absolute fucking Neanderthal, not just the opening sequence.

No it isn't

It was okay but it's no Batman vs Superman that's for sure

There's a strong correlation between low IQ and people who use the DUDE WEED meme isn't there? Someone should do a study.

utter fucking pleb taste
comparing 2001 to before sunrise
kys

>despises this film
>literally took the time to name the file 2001_poster

t. hyper active five year old

That was the name of the image when I downloaded it you mong.

You've probably never seen it in the big screen. The long shots give the time to properly examine the lush set pieces and all of the detail in composition by "editing" with our own eyes, concentrating in whatever we chose instead of being forced by the director. This is harder to do in smaller screens and the big dimensions of the screen give a different 'feel' of time.

>muh feels
Typical 2001 fan.

I'm saying the passing of time and its perception feels different in a big screen retard.

stick to posting about marvel my dude

>B-but capeshit!
Give some actual arguments, retard.

So 'muh feels'.

Yes, film is about emotion. It's the core of any Tarkovsky/Lynch film, producing an emotion from the viewer, whatever the emotion is.
Looking for a singular universal "message" from a film is a pretty surface-level casual way of thinking. Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.

Pretentious garbage to defend the fact you wasted your time

What's pretentious about it?
And I don't feel like I waste my time while watching it, I could watch it every year if it was screened at my local cinema, would gladly pay for the experience every time

Lol i was only pretending to be retarded, i have never even seen the film.

That's even more embarassing and pathetic user

It's not in my opinion.