Damn so this happened

Damn so this happened

Black people invented robots, so it's about time this happened.

So is Black Panther going to come out of mecha Black Panther's ass when it gets too hot inside?

How is the new BP comic? I read the first issue but haven't followed it since then.

He's cute.

Coates BP is kinda lame. He's too focused on writing his own characters that T'challa ends up feeling like a side character

It is shit.

Would honestly prefer reading Hudlin's Black Panther if I was given a choice between the two.

Man, this looks kinda coo-
>To be clawtinued
SOILED IT

holy shit i didnt even notice.

They really take the whole knock-off of Batman thing seriously.

>To Be Clawtinued

Fucking

Sold.

Couldnt you say the same of Priest's run?

Granted I havent read this current run

What bugs me about Black Panther is his name? Marvel acts like they're being progressive but yet they still

use the name Black Panther from the blaxploitation days. At least name him "Wakanda Panther" or something, not after

a animal who is already black. Also that suit looks cool to be honest.

user, blaxploitation didn't become a thing until a decade after the Black Panther had first appeared. He was an early Lee/Kirby creation.

Nah in Priest's run he was driving the story here he's just a passenger reacting to shit

>clawtinued
Ha ha ha I love you Marvel.

ok so he wasn't from the blaxploitation days but at least give him a name that makes sense.

is that he gorilla buster or something
whats the reason behind his robot suit?

>to be clawtinued
god fucking dammit carlos
i need to read this now

They tried calling him black Tiger and the like for a while and it was fucking lame. Also, panther is a general name for lots of breeds of big cats, from cougars to leopards. A Black panther is a specific breed.

user, a black panther is a type of animal. It's like if someone called themselves The Scorpion, The Falcon, The Vulture, or any other The "Animal".

How does it not make sense?

I wonder how do you say black panther in whatever language is it that Wakandans speak.

>This looks like shit!
>Dumb quip.
>I'm so on board!
You motherfuckers are the reason Marvel is content with putting out garbage.

its not like we buy comics or anything
at least im just going to check the storytime when some user does it

>What bugs me about Black Panther is his name? Marvel acts like they're being progressive but yet they still

Listen to me Black Panther did NOT get his name from the Political Party. His name came first. The Political Party came afterwards. Both got their name from the all black tank division, "The Black Panthers."

black panther is not a type of animal. it's just a descriptor given to jaguars and leopards with all black pigmentation.

I'm with him, black is an unnecessary part of the name. Panther, or The Panther, would have worked just fine.

See:

I can find black panther party references that predate Lee's introduction.

I was addressing black panthers being a type of animal.

Literally everyone but Sup Forums loves it, so take that as you will.

That's a really lame robot.

Too small as well.

>jaguars and leopards
aren't even built the same. Jaguars have a noticeably stockier build.

And yes, there are panthers that are not black. They are still called panthers. Or cougars, or ocelots, or mountain lions. We got a whole lot of names for felis concolor.

Calling cougars/pumas/mountain lions/whatever "panthers" is pretty rare, "painter" is more common. The only exception is the "Florida Panther".

That user's right, the common accepted definition of "Panther" is a jaguar or leopard with black pigmentation.

Technically panther refers to a mythological creature originally.

>a animal who is already black
Technically panthers are synonymous with cougars leopards and jaguars, and black panthers are panthers that are black, meaning any cougar, leopard, jaguar, or panther that has a lot of melanin

So there is a reason why we call black panthers black panthers

>names several different species
>thinks he proving that panther is a species

2 seconds of google:
"The Panther is not a distinct species itself but is the general name used to refer to any black coloured feline of the Big Cat family, most notably Leopards and Jaguars."

literally exactly what I said.
black panther is NOT a type of animal, it's a descriptor for several different species.

OK, so why can't it describe T'Challa? He's a panther that's black. Thus, Black Panther.