Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wWx_sv8MH6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=x5fX4quv7fw
youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RYQnBElSrUU
youtube.com/watch?v=2aN2OU0pk-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ211GBe6e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every time I watch this scene I can't help but crack a smile. The fact the movie got a custom Prince soundtrack elevates it in my eyes.

80s as fuck

I like elements of this interpretation but he is the weakest live action joker we have gotten

>Black and white

>red and green

actually got 2
youtube.com/watch?v=wWx_sv8MH6Q
not sure if trust was custom tho

>The funkiest thang

He broadened our minds.

Best live screen Joker was hands down Tommy Lee Jones.

Just a shame he was playing Two-Face

*live action

Romero
He was perfectly psychotic and the least retarded part of 60s batman. Jack pretty much knocked him off in a gimdark setting and then Heath knocked off jack grimmer darker

Respectfully disagree.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5fX4quv7fw

Thank you.

This is the correct response.

Pfah i i said it first, plebs. But his video is epic

I agree, Jack will always be my Joker
Scary but funny...just like Jack Nicholson always is, so fuck anybody who claims he just "played himself", because "himself" is a great Joker

Nicholson's Joker has nothing on DeVito's Penguin.

Knock it off with all the Jokerposting.

You only beat me because I was looking for the video. But I tip my fedora to your good taste.

Glad we seem to be over ledgermania. I was getting rather sick of it. Sucks he went nuts and killed himself with pills and shit but man the meems were fucking the poor guy's corpse.

Burgess Meredith is up there as a great Penguin. Terrific Squawking Laugh.

Considering he's a Chicago-style ganster and doesn't need to make a funny/pretentious reason to kill you, he's definately the one I'd be least calm around.

TDK wasn't even top 5 of Heath's best performances.

Every live action Joker so far has been genuinely great. Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, though.

I think its one of the worst Jokers. He's too annoying and not threatening

Honestly i have yet to see a bad live action Joker. I liked Nicholson, Ledger and Romero. They all fit well with their respective universe's Batman. I am even liking what see of Leto so far. Joker ( in live action) has been pretty lucky with actors, moreso than Batman.

The reason Romero is so great is because he was a flaming homosexual in real life.

Is this Danny Devito's best non-comedic role?

>Implying DeVito's Penguin was a non-comedic role.

Ledger was a superior actor

With Leto I think his interpretation is fine, but the costume design and makeup is just fucking retarded. I can't really blame him for that though. It probably wasn't entirely his decision.

>not threatening

You wouldn't dare say that to Jacks face, even if he's 100 years old, Nicholson is and always has been an alpha male kind of guy

If Jack were 20 years younger and 4 inches taller, he would've been perfect.

I like an older Joker.
I like an older Batman too.

Old, fat and Killing Batman's parents is the only thing that hurt's his Joker.

Can we all just agree that the Burtman movies are superior to Nolan's average try-hard trilogy, nya?

No

Well Catwoman by far. Barking Mad preferable over stupid spy bullshit.

>and 4 inches taller
Joker is only 6'0. If anyone needs inches it's Keaton's Batmanlet.

We'll see. I'm prepared to be let down by Saints Row Boss No.34276

Different times and different attitudes.
They're all good for when they were made.
Although Adam West should replace every Batman that has come after. I don't care how old he is. Just to hear him do the Nolan Batman's dialog would be owrth it.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the movie will be hot dog shit, but that won't be Leto's fault. Not entirely anyway.

It was a tragic character, fitting the tone of the most beautiful and tragic Batman movie ever. Batman Returns is seriously fucking underrated.

>not Heath 'Hot Topic' Ledger's depiction

It's hard not to love Nicholson in anything he does.

Oh sure just a different manner of normalizing characters to not be utter bastards that deserved to die.

Joker not treating Harley like trash

Come on son.

I consider Nicholson and Ledger to be 1A and 1B, frankly, perfect for the versions of the character they were asked to play.
This is still my favorite Nicholson scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ

I'm more upset about Will Smith as Deadshot. He's just not the best actor for that role.
It'll be a villain movie without villains.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYQnBElSrUU

Max is also pretty tops as well. Dat some good Walken.

Both are products of their time to an extreme degree, it's pointless argue this fight.

The great thing about Batman is how malleable he is to every style and tone, and all the movies and shows we've gotten are great proof of that.

They needed a headliner. Heard more than one person that will go to the film for Will Smith.

They always do. At least six people went to "After Earth" so they should get at least that many for "Suicide Squad."

the
fucking
PRINCE
soundtrack

> it's pointless argue this fight.
I kind of disagree, yes they are movie from different times but that doesn't mean one can't be better or more enjoyable than the other.

Yep, all the actors and their characters are top tier in the movie. Even though I don't really like Penguin or Catwoman, this movie is my favorite Batman movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=2aN2OU0pk-Q

Is Will Smith actually a headliner though? When was the last time the guy was in a legit blockbuster?

He's still the worlds favorite unobjectionable black dude. World Knows the Fresh Prince. Word is he did a credit rap. But they wouldn't use it.

I could go for a Squad Rap.

It doesn't really matter, Will Smith is one of those eternally famous people like Mark Whalberg...it really doesn't matter if he's been in a good movie in a while, they're just known as icons because Hollywood, much like politics, is a puppet show

The only reason anybody is famous is because they tell you they are

Keaton and Nicholson are both 5'9. Batman is 6'2. DC comics encyclopedia says Joker is 6'5 but everywhere else says 6'0. I guess it depends on the comic.

Jack Nicholson already has a creepy fucking smile, I have no idea why they went with the prosthetic. I gotta say though, when he lets go with the laugh he's damn near perfect.

>Joker is 6'5
That's some bull. Not once have I seen Joker taller than Batman.

A while back I suggested Adam West should play Alfred in future movies.
Then that idea spiraled out into 'Every movie should cast one of the previous Batmen as Alfred'.

True story:
He was good friends with Desi Arnaz (strictly platonic), but there was still a bit of tension on Romero's part. So one day they were haning out around the pool, just shooting the shit and Desi says "Alright Cesar, I know you've been thinking about it, so just go ahead and get it out of the way."
And then Romero blew him,
According to the parties involved, once it was done, that was it. They stayed friends for years, and never had another fling.

You know what they say, A friend will help you move a sofa. A REAL friend will let you blow him just so you can get it out of your system.

If the whole campaign was a joke and they went full unabashed Burton style camp I'd pay to watch it at lest two times.

The Tim Burton movies are more Sup Forums than they are Sup Forums, but they did a great job of giving the city of Gotham character.

In the Nolan movies Gotham is just New York.

He makes me think of Mike Myers for some reason.

>Nicholson
>ever scary

wow this fucking sucks

This close enough?
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ211GBe6e0

lynch yourself

>In the Nolan movies Gotham is just New York.

This. I don't want a realistic setting or realism in my Batman, the whole idea is fucking ridiculous, a grown up man running around in a tight costume beating up bad guys? Batman CAN'T be realistic, he isn't different from the other super heroes.

>she's never seen this movie before

This is all your fault Sup Forums, you stopped being hard on the normies, you let the normies in, you thought capeshit becoming a trend was good for business, you failed

God I love that. I know he looks kind of weird with the permanent smile and he's a bit old but he actually managed to balance the silliness with a good deal of menace.

I also feel like if you like Bicolospn you should like Ledger, and vice versa. Both were conspicuously colorful aspects of their grim worlds, both put on an affected voice, and both had murky and nonspecific plans that seemed to be pursuing some kind of anarchic ideal but in reality both were just doing it for the laughs.

>Nicholson
>never terrifying
Story goes that he pulled a fucking gun on DiCaprio on the set of The Departed to get the whinging little shit to actually emote.

Nice.

Yea that's about what it would take. Man is a serious fucking actor and puts up with no shit.

>bitching about normies
>over Batman '89
the 1989 Batman film was a goddamned blockbuster that not only launched a movie series, but inspired the animated series we all know and love, which itself eventually led to the Superman and Justice League cartoons. This film is as far as "normies" even got into Batman back in the day.

If you're gonna complain, just grouse about how stupid kids don't watch the classics like every other old fart.

He's been out of the acting business for personal reasons for a while. Not because he's less marketable.

Still mad he's not in IW2, but whatever.

>This film is as far as "normies" even got into Batman back in the day.
You're only proving my point further. You have to be a super normie to have never even bothered to watch this movie and call yourself a Batman fan, it's Batman 101

I think more than a few tracks were originally backburner stuff Prince had demos of and the Batman soundtrack allowed him to modify and complete a few of them to implement into the movie.

Makes sense. Dude was Crazy prolific.

Because he sucked ass.
He just acted like himself wearing fucking clown make up.
Joker doesn't quote fucking poetry.

Right, Joker cuts his face off because he's the god of death but really he's three different guys and he's also emo and goth and punk

makeup was shit
not manic enough
his catchphrase was so shitty and forced he apologized in-movie for how shitty and forced it was

right, because there's only ever been two interpretation of the Joker so if he doesn't like Nicholson he must like the current 2edgy4u version because that's the only other one and you're not just trying to make a weak strawman argument at all.

Best Joker.
Funny without being camp.
Menacing in a real man way, not a goth kid way.

Welp, muh dick.

He's the quintessential Bronze Age Joker. Romero killed it for the Silver Age.

This is why Begins is the best Nolan Bat movie. Gotham feels like Gotham in it.

>Putting genuine work and effort into making a quality film instead of letting everything drown in aloof silly bullshit.
>Gets dismissed as Try hard.
Burn the fuck in hell.

Fuck You and go to fucking hell you worthless narrcisist piece of shit.

I really need to rewatch Batman Returns, I forgot how much I loved all the costumes in it.

>He thinks Nicholson was "edgy'
You newfags are pure cancer

Ledger just fell flat for me.
He never really seemed all that menacing despite Nolan building him up as a one man force of nature.

>Putting genuine work and effort into making a quality film
You're a big guy.

Chicago and Pittsburg, really.

god that movie was such shite
everything about it was awful

What was the painting he liked?

>killed himself with pills
You mean "OD'd because he tried to self-medicate instead of seeing a goddamn doctor".

Wrong, it was based off of Newark and Camden.