Jeff Jones General

Going to be in Burbank on Friday. Hope I see him at dc hq. Going to have him sign my rebirth #1 and picture of a superman statue from McDonalds in Dearborn. Anything else?

Tell him two things if you can please:
1. Make a Superman TV series with the guy who is going to be Supes in the Supergirl show
2. Make the DC movies COLORFUL please, he has the power to do this now

>2. Make the DC movies COLORFUL please, he has the power to do this now
What you want to see more fags or something

I want to see characters that are colorful with, you know, colors? Instead of a sad grey palette devoid of color

When is Supersons starting?
When can we expect some hint of the JSA?
Are they ever going to do something with the Mystic U idea?

So, more fags then

I don't know how difficult can be to have the same palette as the TV shows. Even the Suicide Squad movie is more colorful than JL.

Funny, I just picked up one of the bigass hardcover volumes of his JSA run for super cheap at my LCS last weekend.

It's vol. 3 which isn't as good (mainly because it's right smack fucking dab in the middle of Infinite Crisis and then later embroiled in the shit with Countdown) but there's a lot of good stories there with some interesting implications for current Hypercrisis theory now that I re-read it

Rereading BPRD and forgot that he wrote an issue with Scott Kolins on art. It's real good

I didn't know how to pronounce "Geoff," when I first saw it, and thought it was pronounced, "Jee-Off," and not just "Jeff."

same

>Jeff Jones
Are you retarded? It's J'eff J'onzz, you fake nerd.

I only got it when I made the connection between the verbose nudist in A Knight's Tale with the guy that wrote Canterbury Tales.

>Make the DC movies COLORFUL please
THIS.

And for fucks sake stop making everyone's costume look like it's got the texture of a goddamned basketball.

Superman TV series would be stupid. I feel Superman is not made for a long running TV series. It would be like Smallville or as stupid as a concept as that.

Thank fuck I'm not the only one.

>I feel Superman is not made for a long running TV series.

Adventures of Superman, Lois & Clark, and Superman TAS disagree with you.

Well it's very simple, it's Geoff, not "Geoff".

I think a Legion of Superheroes series would work better and it could star supes. What would you guys recommend to a new reader as essential Geoff Jones reading?

Superman Secret Origin, Green Lantern Secret Origin, and Aquaman: The Trench.

For longer runs, his Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash and JSA. He especially shines on long runs.

Not that user, but nobody remembers the first one and its in the same category as Adam West Batman. Not bad, but not what we want right now.
Lois and Clark is like that other user said, a Superman show with a gimmick. They seemed to have worked around that gimmick a lot (I'll admit I haven't seen it), but still.
TAS was made for children and not really anyone else (not saying at all it wasn't good though).

Even if user is wrong in saying it wluldn't work, he's got the same mindset as the studios out there, and even then having Supes on his own tv show and another Supes in his own movies all at the same time is more risky.

If they had stuck to the original concept and done LoT as 10 episodes or even 8, it would have made it tighter and probably would have improved it all-around.

They could do a Superman with the new guy in the future with the adult LoSH, based on Johns arc. The CGI would be expensive as fuck, so they would need to pre-sell it but they could easily release it as a two part 2 hour plus movie in foreign markets and make their money back.

Rather than do in on the CW, they could also do it as a co-production with Netflix as well.

Ask him why he hates Grant Morrison?

And ask him why we can't have a adaptation of Morrison's Action run from the new 52 as one of the new WB Animation DC movies.

Or a four part adaptation of Seven Soldiers as a long-form mini-series on say HBO or some other premium pay channel that would pay for it?

Or a 3 or 4 part adaptation of Multiversity - the ones that would make good stand-alone stories, you can combine the President Superman Action Comics story here, do Thunderworld Adventures, The Just as excellent WB Animation movies.

What exactly does he have against Grant???

He's in London at the moment mate, sorry

>TAS was made for children
So were Batman TAS and Justice League Unlimited but all of them were and are enjoyed by adults.

>2. Make the DC movies COLORFUL please, he has the power to do this now

He has the power to wipe out the entire hater race.

>CGI would be expensive as fuck
I don't think so, there are tons of cheapass sci-fi shows out there. Most of what needs to be done for Legion in terms of setting has been done in Star Trek for decades.

And with powers, there's not much that's difficult. You've got Saturn Girl who's just psychic, Lightning Lad who just shoots blue lightning, Cosmic Boy who's magnets-I-don't-gotta-explain-shit, Triplicate Girl whose gimmick is like baby's first special effect, Colossal Boy whose gimmick is baby's second special effect, Chameleon Boy who just changes into different makeup/actors, and Brainy who's... Green.

Really the most difficult thing is just that everyone flies.

I don't get why people say Green Lantern would be expensive either, it's just transparent green geometric shapes.

Tell him to actually read DC comics before making stories about those characters

tell him I love him

Ask him for letters from when he was small. I like little Geoffrey Johns.

I'm talking expensive for TV.

I doubt they are going to do a MOVIE for worldwide release with the Legion. They will do space opera, now that GotG has proven that it can make money, but that's going to be Green Lanterns, probably with guest stars from the Legion at first.