REPORT: The current state of DC films

- Warner reestructured their plans for the entire DCEU after Batman V Superman was poorly received. Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.

- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.

- There'll also be reshoots to lighten up Wonder Woman, but the movie was overall less gritty than Suicide Squad, so there won't be as much. The studio is happy with what they've seen so far.

- Justice League is being produced under strict management, but the studio is happy with what they've seen so far. A sequel is still planned for 2019, but Snyder will only be brought back if he delivers with the first one.

- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.

- Johns will rewrite The Flash with Rick Famuyiwa too. The script has problems, which led to Seth Grahame-Smith leaving the project. It'll be shuffled from March 16 to October 5. Villain is the Reverse-Flash. They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.

- They're also having troubles with Shazam and there's talk of delaying it. Johns will also touch up the script alongside its writer, which WB still hasn't selected. Dwayne Johnson remains attached as Black Adam.

- Justice League 2 is in early stages, all it is known is that it'll have Darkseid. Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.

- Warner wants the standalone Affleck Batman movie out on November 1, 2019. They believe it has Oscar potential. Affleck and Johns are figuring out the script, which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.

- Cyborg is in preliminary stages and might be scrapped. He'll be making an appearance in The Flash first to test the waters. Johns will also be involved with the writing, and he wants to include the Metal Men in the plot somehow, it's an old passion project of him.

- Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind as the leads, but that could change.

- Suicide Squad 2 is in the cards, as a way to introduce Deathstroke, which Warner believes can carry his own franchise.

- Projects in development are a Harley Quinn solo movie, a Birds of Prey movie and a Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up movie. a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed, but talks have since died down.

- No plans for more Superman standalones

- One thing Warner really wants to do is adapt classic storylines in their movies. Their two biggest targets right now are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie, and a Flashpoint adaptation in a Flash sequel.

- No directors or writers have been approached for Shazam, Cyborg or GLC yet. All of those are in a state of flux where ideas change every day.

>They're struggling with making it different from the tv series.
I'm not going to pretend like CW Flash doesn't have issues but it's honestly great television and fully committed to the most ridiculous elements of the cape genre. If anything, they should be struggling to make their movie MORE like the show.

Source? You can't just say stuff without providing a source.

You know how you could make the Flash movie not too much like the series?

NOT FREAKING USE EOBARD RIGHT AWAY.

Where is all of this from?

> No plans for Superman standalones.
Bravo WB BRAVO. with that I have no intentions in seeing your shitty universe.

source?

No Superman movies? FUCK He needs a MOS 2 to clean up the shitstain Zack Snyder has left.

They probably mean plot wise

No source but I'll bite.

A JL/SS movie sounds like a really bad idea, and no more solo Superman films would really piss me off

They ought to scrap the Cyborg film, I guess there's a chance he's a breakout hit in JL but I doubt it.

If Snyder winds up being responsible for no more solo Superman movies I will TRACK HIM DOWN and beat the shit out of him.

No Superman solos are a deal breaker for me. I WANT more Superman movies. Just keep Zack "the hack" away from it.

>are Kingdom Come, which they believe is a "natural development" in a post-Darkseid Justice League movie
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO
>the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.

Lol what I find funny in order to do KC they FUCKING NEED TO DEVELOP SUPERMAN EVEN FURTHER. BE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER.

>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

>Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind as the leads, but that could change

>implying Booster Gold and Blue Beetle wouldnt be the ultimate DC buddy cop movie

Criminally underused characters imo

>- Justice League is being produced under strict management,
So keeping Snyder on a tight leash. As i said they should do in the first fucking place. Contrary to popular belief he is capable of delivering a good movie. Just not on his own!

I think he is. He was the one who planted the Batman idea apparently.

>- No plans for more Superman standalones

>No plans for more Superman standalones

>Green Lantern Corps is also early stages, and will definitely have a "buddy cop" movie feel.

If this movie doesn't have green lantern construct sunglasses, shotguns, cop cars, and one-liners I will be severely disappointed.

why can't they just make a lantern Lethal Weapon?

Anyway, where's the source?

If the movie opened with John and Guy sipping construct coffee in a construct squad car the rest of the film could be shit and I wouldn't even care

>Source: My ass

OP's anus

>I tell Sup Forums I want a buddy cop Green Lantern with Hal and John
>this happens
Thanks Sup Forums

>STEWART
>GARDNER
>MY OFFICE
>NOW!

>Harley Quinn solo movie

FUCK NO. After they butchered Joker/Harley relationship in the Squad movie, I don't want a Harley/Sirens movie

>No plans for Superman standalones

>it's an "OP pulls shit out of his ass" episode

With Johns running it it's kind of a surprise they aren't starting with Captain Cold. He's even dead in the CWverse.

So much bullshit. Are you not getting enough suckers on Sup Forums with these threads that you're targetting Sup Forums now?

Can GLs construct food? Would it just disappear in their stomachs before it could be digested and provide them with nutrition

Give them time to get their shit together. I'm pretty sure after their past 2 fuck ups, WB isn't as willing to put out another Superman film until they are 100% sure that it won't suck or flop. I expect him to be fleshed out in the JL films, maybe a team up or two, then eventually given his own solo film

>I got the Guardians on my ass after that stunt you pulled on Xanshi, it's either you two or the entire sector! My hands are tied! Turn in your rings and batteries, you're off the case!

He's coming back on the CW shows.

>- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.
This will have ended up being a mistake. If there's ANY DC property that should be darker and grittier, it's Suicide Squad. From the people who've seen it already, the reshoots have been a mistake.

>- Justice League is being produced under strict management, but the studio is happy with what they've seen so far. A sequel is still planned for 2019, but Snyder will only be brought back if he delivers with the first one.
This isn't good news imo.

>- Johns will rewrite Aquaman with director James Wan to make it more cohesive with their new direction. They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.
I really hope they dial back on the horror. Keep the Trench creepy sure, have a few creepy, tense scenes, but overall, it should have more of an adventurous, superheroic feel. They shouldn't try so hard, is what I'm saying. Excited about Ocean Master, since I feel like he's probably Arthur's best villain. I hope we get Black Manta at some point as well.

>- They're also having troubles with Shazam and there's talk of delaying it. Johns will also touch up the script alongside its writer, which WB still hasn't selected. Dwayne Johnson remains attached as Black Adam.
I hope they don't fuck up Shazam.

>- Justice League 2 is in early stages, all it is known is that it'll have Darkseid. Not even Green Lantern is confirmed.
Let's blow our load on Darkseid early!

>- No plans for more Superman standalones
Who the FUCK decided that this was a good idea? It's fucking SUPERMAN for fucks' sakes!

This. Flash has literally one of the biggest and most interesting rogue gallery. Why the hell would they stick with a redundant villain that they even struggle to write with? There's like half a dozen guy as much as interesting as Zoom they could choose.

> which seems to focus on Batman's relationship with his villains, especially the Joker.
> especially the Joker
For fuck sake this has already been done to death. Can we move on? Can we go with another guy for once? I'm so tired of the Joker and I just wish they put down this character for good.

I'm a simple man, all I want in life is a feature length movie about two guys with magic rings shutting down an intergalactic drug smuggling ring.

Is that too much to ask for?

Also can I get some sources on these please?

>From the people who've seen it already, the reshoots have been a mistake.

Literally one guy who said this

Just more proof that been a Captain Marvel fan is suffering.
Damn you, big red cheese.

This probably isn't true anyways but while I like his comics getting Johns to write everything would be a mistake.

Wasn't it more than one person?

I mean, I'm holding out hope but WB being WB, I wouldn't be too surprised.

>For fuck sake this has already been done to death. Can we move on? Can we go with another guy for once? I'm so tired of the Joker and I just wish they put down this character for good.
Guess this is like how Superman films kept reusing Lex Luthor. They are worried about using a lesser villain not being punchy enough.

But still, no reason why you can't just use a lesser villain who would be defeated easily, in order to give the hero more screentime for development.

But user Captain Marvel is getting a movie very soon

Actually there were recent rumors that it may take place in Arkham.

But it's not Superman's fault. It's the fucking idiots of a director and writer who suck so much.

I've never understood why we've never had Brainiac in a Superman movie. Especially after the Transformers movies, you'd think a killer robot who launches giant death machines would be a recipe for success.

>Guess this is like how Superman films kept reusing Lex Luthor.
Funny enough, but there still hasn't been a truly great Lex Luthor on film. Kevin Spacey was probably the closest, though. But they wasted him on Superman Returns.

>They are worried about using a lesser villain not being punchy enough.
Thing is, there are still lots of other villains they could use. There's Bizarro, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, I mean come on.

You know full well what he meant, user.

I've just seen the one guys tweets compared from May to July but even then he said he still liked it. The waiting game is getting real annoying now

>We will never see Brainiac
>We will never see Metallo
>We will never see Bizarro
>We will never see Cyborg Superman
>We will never see Doomsday done right
>We will never see a great Superman movie.

>Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies,

Oh, so they really did get rid of Snyder?

...well, okay then. I actually have some hope for the DCEU now.

>Mr. Mind will never appear in a movie

Would watch.

Can you imagine the next Superman movie featuring Superman Red and Superman Blue?

They couldn't officially remove him from directing Justice League but when as the last time you heard about Zack leading this universe?

Meant to reply to

>studio is happy with what they've seen so far
Every time I read "studio/executives are happy" I can only think of them having no idea if their films are good or not.

>- Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone were real. They also served to add more DCEU connections to a fairly standalone movie.
Except this has been BTFO by the director. Stop trying so hard, OP. I know you feel threaten with SS coming out soon.

>Geoff Johns replaced Zack Snyder as the architect of the movies, and the tone was changed from somber and serious to hopeful and adventurous.
Thank fucking god. Hack "Shithead Edgemeister Supreme" Snyder is the worst thing to happen to DC/WB movies since Superman: Quest for Peace.

I've been waiting for Superman to fight Brainiac for a long time...and looks like it will never happen. Thanks Hack Snyder.

Not being lighthearted wasn't the problem with BvS. Adding more jokes and lightening the mood wouldn't have fixed structural issues in it.

I couldn't tell you, since I with Snyder at the helm I had no interest in following anything DCEU related.

>We will never see Doomsday done right

Doomsday is shit. He was done right. Because he was shit.

It's funny people just believe all this shit with no source.

>Only two more sleeps until I see Suicide Squad

Getting nervous lads

Has there been any word on if it's good or not

>Been this much of a comic book pleb and basically the living reason DC changed the character's name.
You should go back to Sup Forums my friend.

This. BvS was just a narrative mess, there's nothing you can do in post to fix its fundamental issues. It watches less like a movie and more like a series of unrelated vignettes.

Twitter reactions went up a couple days ago, but you know how unreliable those can be.

I think the review embargo ends on Tuesday.

I was burned by twitter reactions with BvS. So much shilling by obvious fanboys. I feel stupid in retrospect.

>Except this has been BTFO by the director.
Yep always trust the director. They would NEVER lie about their movie. Just like how Abrams said Khan wasn't in Star Trek 12.

Kingdom Come would look like an attempt to copy Civil War to normies (superhuman gulag, Batman pitted against Supes again, etc) also it's too early to happen in the timeline of this DCU..

If they'd done shit right in the first place, they wouldn't have to be embarrassingly scrambling to make it more palatable at the last minute.

Bizarro would have been a better villain. BUT NO! WB had to blow their load with BVS. Not even giving us a proper Superman sequel to flesh out his character.

To be fair this is almost a good thing if true, considering how they've treated him.

Ayer ain't no pussy. That nigga doesn't give a fuck what people think.

Fucking this. Fuck all this shit, man. Our first and maybe only attempt at a cinematic universe and they fuck this shit up.

Or I could have been fucking with him?

This isn't a good thing. It will never be a good thing. Superman needs to be fixed, he needs to be fleshed out, he just needs a good director and writer.

>adapting kingdom come
You almos had me there

The timing doesn't even make sense. They announced re-shoots and then less than a week a new trailer came out with more jokes ans plebs took that as proof they added more humor

>They're using Ocean Master and the Trench as villains.

Lies.

I liked his voice on B&tB.
But yeah, its never going to happen.

And they raped Superman in the process. Batman I guess to some extent as well.

So what? All Aquaman villains are equally boring and uninteresting. Nobody wants to see them or Aquaman on a movie.

>hopeful and adventurous
Neat
>Suicide Squad reshoots to lighten up the tone
I think suicide squad should be a dark film except when dealing with comedic characters (most of whom are dark themselves) but i understand why they did this audiences would not want a 3rd dark film in a row and it was not worth delaying release until more light films came out first. I just hope they have not overdone it
>the Trench
I like the trench but i hope they dont make the mistake of overusing them like the new 52 did stick to a single apperance then keep them dead (pretty much that series only major problem (well that and why the fuck did they not just offer up vulko to surface prison in orms place ))
>having troubles with Shazam
This makes me a sad user
>might be scrapped
I doubt it its to late to take him off justice league and it would be weird to have a movie for every other league member.
>have a "buddy cop" movie feel. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are in mind
I imagine they will change it to simon baz and jessica cruz as there currently in a budy cop book
>Suicide Squad 2 is in the cards
Cool time to lobby for who we want to late to make it dark though make it a little darker then the first then go fully dark on the 3rd
>Deathstroke, which Warner believes can carry his own franchise
I doubt he can but i would be happy with a single solo maybe we can get solos for a bunch of villans sort of like villan month.
>Justice League/Suicide Squad team-up
That cannot possibly work
>a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie was discussed
Im dont much care about blue beetle but im always down for more green lantern goodness
>talks have since died down
Aww
>No plans for more Superman standalones
Makes sense he is to broken to fix suddenly in a single film its to drastic a tone shift but it also cant be done over several films because they would be horrible the solution is to lay the groundwork for character development in other films.
Continued 1/2

Nice fanfic. You forgot the part about the Batman movie being set in Arkham

Continued 2/2
>Flashpoint
Aka fix synders shit and whichever aspects of suicide squad people dont like (hopefully not many)

I was so fucking close to fiting everything in a single post.

At least that's a rumor that has been circulating recently. Most of OP's stuff feels like he just made it up. Adapting Kingdom Come? Fucking insane to think they'd ever attempt that.

Reading my post over it makes it seem like i was saying its shazam that cant possibly be scraped it unfortunantly very much might be its cyborg that wont.

They literally mashed together DKR and Death of Superman in a script that would make an 8 year old with autism proud.

I can see them trying to adapt Kingdom Come mashed with Blackest Night for an encore.

Oh and forgot one
>Reverse-Flash
There better be an it was me barry

>thinking Snyder won't adapt a story with religious themes/symbolism out the asshole

Senpai...

>Struggling with making it different from the Flash TV series.

>When Flash TV series has based Eobard Thawne

Reign of the Supermen or GTFO.
With Idris Elba as Steel, of course.

There's no way it won't be. Screenshot this

Hey that recent kfc comic did something funny with kingdom come
Well researched panel to.