Brian Vaughan

I've spent the last couple days reading through 50 issues of Saga, all of Y, and all of Ex Machina [Well, I finished most of Y and all of Ex Machina today]. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on it?

I think I loved all of it. I'm left feeling empty and bitter about the world, even after being uplifted in the middle of the runs. Wonderful way to invert the classic 'life might suck, but it ends well'.

Vaughan says 'Life may suck, but it gets better... but in the end? You'll have to sacrifice everything you really care about to make the world a better place for people who hate you.'

I dropped the shit out of Saga. He makes some very interesting characters but the plots character arcs are constantly derailed for cheap shock value. I get that you want me to but the next issue BKV but no thanks.

Y was good but it dragged on too long for a pretty unsatisfying ending.

The only other thing of his I've read was Paper Girls and I just wasn't impressed after the first 4 issues.

>cheap shock value
the end of every single issue is DRAMATIC HAMSTER TWEEIST

it is really cheapens the whole thing imo

I loved Ex Machina, Y, Runaways, and Pride of Baghdad.

He sucks at endings.

I too dropped Saga, it became boring very quickly, but I'm waiting until it ends to read it again.

Read all of Y, and I kust didn't like any of the characters. Like, if all of them died, I would have thought it a better ending. Also, the story was pretty weird. Didn't pay for the thing, and I don't think I will.

read first 3 TPBs of Saga. It is meh. Will pick up fourh I think some other time.

Y was interesting but he rushed the ending with all disappointing finales. Damn it wish it was cancelled or something. And yes bought all the TPBs as well...

He's a little pretentious but his comics are (normally) better than the average.

It's ok, I guess.

>Saga, all of Y, and all of Ex Machina
I love Saga and Paper Girls but couldn't get through the other two you listed. I mean: in Y the literal Last Man On Earth's mom is ... the new President of the USA? Seriously?

Ex Machina didn't seem to be going anywhere and I really REALLY didn't care for the "obviously traced photos" artwork.

Basically what I'm saying is I like him fine when he's letting his imagination run wild and can't be arsed when he's trying to write yet another Very Special Episode.

He has a perfectly punchable face.

She was a politician. Some kind of farm-minister or some shit like that. It was not even important. But with the death of all men she was the only person who could take president's chair.

And bad news is this isn't the shittest thing in the series. It even has somehow logical explanation.

I had so much hope for Saga initially, and I think it was wonderful for the first few years, with the potential to be among the greatest comics ever written.

It's just gotten so dull now though. I feel like he realized he wanted to play in his backyard more, but he forgot about the garden while tending the weeds.

The Private Eye and We Stand On Guard are pretty good too. Some day I'm going to touch Mr. Vaughn in the swimsuit area at a convention, but not finish him off properly to see how he likes it.

>>enjoying We Stand On Guard aka Tim Hortons product placement and hey guys Superman is actually Canadian
Spotted the American.

Still better than most of the capeshit out there.

No, it's just as shit.

He is awful.

(You)

>>Still better than most of the Image shit that gets tiresome since it's just tranny black ladies with tv pitch plot

Some of that is true. Also, checked.

>Be me.
>Meeting BKV and Fiona at a con to get some comics signed.
>She gets up right before I'm about to meet her, bends over in a tight black skirt, and grabs some comics from a box at the Image booth.
>StrangeFeelingInMyBritches.jpeg
>Suddenly have a situation.
>And I'm wearing tight pants.
>Give her my comics nonchalantly and she starts signing.
>Then looks up and notices my situation.
>I'm momentarily freaking out until,
>She discreetly licks her lips, smiles, bites her lip in a really obvious way, then sketches me a little drawing on one of my comics.
>Says, "I hope to see you at the Image afterparty"...

but...she's fat and ugly.

She used to not be at all. I still would, just because I love her art.

So, did you fuck her?