Will it ever be topped?

Will it ever be topped?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SLCuL-K39eQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1GFkN4deuZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2k isn't better but it is cute.

i reckon destino was better than most of the original fantasia

The first Disney movies were this good because Disney himself believed in the art form, so unless we get another person who's passionate enough about animation, and bold enough to do crazy stuff like this, no.

That's Dalì for you. Still, it's a short and not a movie.

Nothing can top "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America" to be honest

Fantasia is too goddamn long and Fantasia 2000 is too goddamn short.

Nope it really sucks Disney has literally no interest In This franchise except for s fucking Kinect game at least we got Night on Bald mountain that's a fucking masterpiece
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SLCuL-K39eQ

it was meant to be part of 2000 but disney france was slow

What's that?

youtube.com/watch?v=1GFkN4deuZU

it was added to the 2000 bluray edition

dont know. Can they fit the newest Hannah Montana shit in there, somehow?

inb4 someone posts the goddamn lion king

Not to be THAT GOY but I honestly think Robot Carnival is better.

I remember trying to draw that gargoyle as a kid.

Barely anyone knows it exists.

The Nightmare/Red Neck and Chicken Man short is basically just Night on Bald Mountain with robots.

But I really fuckin' love robots.

>barely anyone outside /m/ knows it exists
FTFY

I understand why the first one failed.

Why the fuck did 2000 flop

By 2000 people wasnt impresed by above than average quality 2D animation, stereo sound, or the idea of an experimental movie with classical music, wich were the main points for people going to watch the first one.
First one flopped because it was something new people was not prepared to. Second one flopped because it didn't bring anything new to the table.

Fantasia 1940 belongs in that category of 'unmarketably ambitious and abstract' animated films, along with stuff like Angel's Egg and a bunch of soviet stuff.

fuck that was beautiful.

Dident the first one flop because it was to expensive to update the cinemas.

It was going to be part of Fantasia 3 alongside Little Matchgirl, One by One and Lorenzo. But then Eisner killed the project when he shutdown all 2D animated projects.

Yeah, first one had trouble because they had to set up the theaters playing it with stereophonic sound and the second one flopped because it was mostly an IMAX only release except for a brief regular theatrical run and those were in the days you'd only find IMAX theaters at science museums and zoos.

> Not Alegro non tropo.

Its a flawed film no doubt but it holds a special place in my heart, from animation and art to that of 'The Wall' and a melocholy and saterical view of Fantasia. Right down to the cut aways back to the band (All being prisoners against there will to preform the music and one guy with some weird ass reality altering ability to draw up shit and it comes to life) to even the conductor who is an all out ass, even the musical segments can be abit of a hoot or can make you cry like a fucking bitch. (Or just a poor excuse to look at some euro-animu tits)

God I wish I knew where the fuck the tape I had for it was or if I can burn it down on a CD, fucking youtube only has bits and pieces of it especialy the god damned 'Life from a cola bottle' segment. (Im okay with the segment, just not my favorite one.)