Kamala KHAAAAAAN!!!

Will people remember her?

Yeah but in that Jaime Blue Beetle way where a small, rabid fanbase is desperate for more of her. It'll be bittersweet.

It depends.
She's cute, but she doesnt resound with the Marvel core of consumers yet. Marvel's done plenty of 'young heroes' comic books, like that kid with the Sentinel as his pet, the young black Captain America teen, Patriot, and so many others.They generally dont 'hit' home.

Now, Miss Marvel MIGHT be on to something. She's got some appeal, she straight forward SJW diversity appeal and push and she's also got some appeal for the core, because the stories are cute.

But cute only goes so far. She needs to get her CORE storylines, soon. Something strong and powerful that makes her more than a memetic , underpowered young teen hero. She needs a strong storyline that sticks to people's minds, and cements her as a strong character with drama chops as well as comedy.

She needs a defining arc that hits home, her Death of Gwen Stacy moment.

Jaime got screwed over by the n52-boot throwing out his strong first solo rather than just picking up right where it left off

Honestly, they may have to kill off Carol and have her take the only Marvel title for about 5 years for that to happen.

Ms. Mohammad?

No.

I also find it hilarious that Kamala also has NO background or anything related to Carol's legacy other than she likes Carol.

It's super underwhelming, but it does make it clear she's not a legacy character.

Another problem is her powerset. It's so underwhelming as to be problematic.The writers have ALREADY weakened her by stating that she more she gets wounded, the more her morphing/stretching abilities get compromised and less malleable. So, as a brawler, her regeneration ability compromising her primary skill set means that her lifespan as a hero will be very fucking short.

If that's what they're going for- a hero slowly losing her powers? Shoot, that's cool. But I dont think they're gonna go for that drama angle.

Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.

Aside from Nova. That kid's got the suffering game down.

Only Sam and maybe Robbie will survive the SJW age

Sounds like Miles too.

Its like they're empty characters defined by who they hang out with. WTF?

It's sad for how long these characters have been going, only Sam has actually had to do anything difficult in his solo.

>Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.

This is actually sort of a selling point. Some people prefer the "constant smaller problems" angle to a superhero life than the "BIG HUGE CRUSHING THING every now and then" angle. Part of Kamala's appeal is from being someone trying to stay afloat with a million things to do and still do the right thing, rather than huge melodramatic events.

Also, let's be honest, not sure anyone writing at Marvel right now even knows how to do the press hero to the limit thing without killing a bunch of secondary characters for "lol shock value" and cheap drama, and seeing how Kamala is one of the few Marvel characters that still HAS a fucking functional supporting cast, I don't want to risk it.

Well, they did just blow up Bruno.

Radical extremist arc when?

Probably.

She's the most successful Teen Hero they've had since the Young Avengers, really. She's going to be showing up in the Cartoons soon too, so she's pretty solid.

Of Marvel's teens, she has as many appearances in games as Kate Bishop, Miles Morales, Sam Alexander, and X-23.

Only Squirrel Girl has more.

Below her include Quake, Wiccan, Amadeus Cho, Nico Minoru, and (believe it or not) Thor Girl.

Of those, only Amadeus Cho, Quake, Squirrel Girl, Sam Alexander, X-23, and Miles Morales have shown up in cartoons so far.

Sam and X-23 having started in Cartoons are a bit of a cheat.

Ironically Sam is the character no one gives shit about & is the most likely one to get done away with.

Stinky smelly sandniggress

At this point, it would almost be impossible for them to fuck up badly enough for her to disappear completely. It's still possible for her to fall into obscurity, but in twenty years time, people who read comics will at least know about her. She'll be Dazzler or Cloak and Dagger tier at the very least.

>another Samfag not bothering to read the comics

calm down manchild, she isn't real

Her fanbase may be small, but she's got big powers.

They spent so much effort promoting her it's hard to imagine.

>Dazzler or Cloak and Dagger tier
you mean occasional beat up or say two lines cameo tier?

>Aside from Nova. That kid's got the suffering game down.
I can't wait for this meme to end.

They're gonna go rabid once Marvel starts phasing him out.

Of all the things you mentioned, power set is least problematic. There are dozens of ways to write around or just plain forget her power limitations. Just look at wolverine who started out as needing days to recover from bullets and Hulk fights.

Marvel isn't pushing her nearly as hard as Sam or Miles. It's kind of strange, really.

Yeah they are...

They went way too fast with her, I think. She went from literal nobody in a makeshift costume with only a basic understanding of her abilities and what she wanted to do with them to Avenger in less than a year. They got all the Inhuman bullshit out of the way quickly and haven't really brought it up since, which could be a good or bad thing depending, but the problem is that we have a girl who's been a member of the Avengers and yet is still barely out of the gate as a hero.

bump

Probably not, it's Marvel after all.

It's a shame because she's the only one I like.

Cho showed up in a cartoon? Neat.

>I also find it hilarious that Kamala also has NO background or anything related to Carol's legacy other than she likes Carol.
If you want to stretch it, Kamala is Inhuman so in a way, she draws her powers back to the Kree and the most important part of being a "Marvel" is a kree connection.

He was in Ultimate Spider-man as the Iron Spider... for some fucking reason. He was also in that Black Widow/Punisher anime.

>Will people remember her?

Every day.

It's the kind of superhero story that I wish we had more of in the west. Borderline magical girl.
People wring their hands that Marvel is too cartoony and not very serious sometimes. I disagree, I think Marvel should strive to be more cartoony, as all of their writers suck shit at writing serious. That's why I think Ms. Marvel has been one of their most successful reboots.

Now, as long as they don't pull her into any more stupid Bendis shit, I'd be more than happy to keep buying her comics electronically.

This

I feel like there is still time to save her, though. Like, even though the build-up has been immense, there is still time to step it back down to realistic power levels before it goes out of control and she's fighting Thanos or some crazy shit.

I think power creep is what ends up killing most non-established superheroes.

Lol
Sam is here for the long run. Kamala is trash compared to him.

>Also, she's still wet behind the ears. Like Miles and Nova, they havent actually been pushed to the limits or fucked over/pressed hard by someone willing to crush their lives.
I remember Nova fighting a raging black and red Hulk during Axis and he got fucking wrecked, he and his helmet. He was punched in Arizona and landed in France. He only won by being really clever.
He's far from Miles and his fucking venom blast.

Yeah, all her stories have been cutesy little adventure smoke something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. None of its been compelling at all. She needs something tragic and character defining, something that comes up again and again. It also doesn't help that every hero she meets bends over backwards for her.

Apparently no one cares about infidel meat man.

Richard is coming back soon.
How long do you really think Sam will stick around after that? Nothing's he's been on has been successful.
Sam is headed towards obscurity very quickly

It'll be a Hal/Kyle situation

>mfw Sam will be gone soon

Where the fuck are the cut pictures?

Let's keep Dick in space rebuilding the Corp while Sam stays on Earth- with, f course, the occasional cameo\visit to the HQ

You just know Brevoort and Loeb have to be pissed.

>Robbie
He didn't even survive and year and a half

Problem with that for Sam is that he's just gonna be on team books from now on, since we already know Richard will be the focus for the main Nova book.
None of Sam's team books have lasted. He's coming up on the third one after 3 years. Champions won't last long either. Sam's gonna be going into obscurity soon.

>MFW Sam will be gone soon and the OG 5 Muties are here to stay.

Do any of them except Cyclops do anything anymore?

No

>Yeah, all her stories have been cutesy little adventure smoke something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. None of its been compelling at all. She needs something tragic and character defining, something that comes up again and again. It also doesn't help that every hero she meets bends over backwards for her.

Hahah, You're joking, right?

Funny joke if so, hilarious misunderstanding of the character or why people like her if not.

If people want to shoehorn her into something akin to The Killing Joke while Bendis is still at the wheel, they should be prepared to burn their Ms. Marvel copies that they'll have clogging up warehouses in the near future.

>Sam is here for the long run. Kamala is trash compared to him.

lol

Unless you're wanking over power levels, there really is no place where Sam outdoes her on anything. Her stories are better, her books are better, she's just a superior character overall.

this, really
it's why putting her in civil war part deux was an awful idea. she isn't meant for that kind of storyline unless shenanigans are afoot.

I really don't understand why Sam's fans seem to think Marvel will pair him with Kamala. They have no chemistry and she clearly doesn't like him.
Marvel won't be keeping Sam for much longer.

The better question is will people remember Reed Richards?

and now someone will post the panel of sam's mom saying a girl telling you she hates you means she has a crush on you

Literal confirmation that 'pushing' just means 'I'm seeing a lot of this character I don't like'.

They hope they'll be paired together so that Sam can leech off Kamala and last longer than he would normally.

There is nothing redeeming about Sam. He's been around for years and NO ONE gives a fuck about him. Let him go, Loeb.

Sam is too good to fuck a gross girl from Jersey

>Every day.

This. I think she's here to stay.

In fact, I suspect in a few years, she'll drop the Ms. Marvel name for good and be her own hero.

I'm pretty young and have been reading comics for maybe four years now.
I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero, I think she's really great and hope she has great runs in the future

We're getting there. Richard coming back is the first step to Sam being phased out, but after all the work Marvel put into him, he won't go quietly.
I'm betting there's gonna an event down the line where he dies and it infuriates Richard for some reason.

>I'm pretty young and have been reading comics for maybe four years now.
>I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero

See this, Sup Forums? This is what it's all about. Comics for the next generation.

People around here tend to be vocal about hating young people.

>I think Kamala is probably my favorite female superhero
Is that really saying much though?
I'm pretty far removed from the MRA faggotry that bleeds over to this place, and but I don't have any female capeshit books on my shelf besides her.
A lot of bitches don't really get books and when they do 99% of them are mediocre to garbage.

I'm saving space for the Azzerello Wonder Woman Absolute edition in 6 months though.

>I'm pretty far removed from the MRA faggotry

You don't sound like it.

How so?

You used the word bitches to refer to women as a demographic.
Although, to be honest you just sound like an edgy teenager.

>How so?

Well
>A lot of bitches don't really get books
>A lot of bitches

Was that really necessary? Really ask yourself that question before you get triggered.

Wew.
I use niggas to refer to dudes as a demographic too, it's how I talk informally on and off Sup Forums. I'm sorry for being raised on late 90s hip-hop.

I'm literally complaining that girl characters don't get enough books, but I guess that isn't enough to make up for offhandedly using a mildly-pejorative term once.

>it's how I talk informally on and off Sup Forums.

And you're...proud of this?

I love Kamala and her stupid hulk hands.

People speak the way they speak, stop being triggered that people are different from you.

Not even that user.

They completely ruined her by putting her on the avengers. The first arc of the current run was decent enough because it was her dealing with jersey problems while expanding upon her background cast like Bruno and Mike. The second arc was a lot weaker because it was a typical 'i'm overworked oh no' story because they just HAD to put her in the Avengers. The third and current arc is a piece of shit thanks Bendis.

Pretty sure they already did that before Secret Wars

>Sam and X-23 having started in Cartoons are a bit of a cheat.
Sam was not in a cartoon first

I'm okay with it.
If my use of unaffected slang is on the shortlist of the problems people have with me then we were probably never going to get along anyway.

The people that would dare complain are the same people contributing to Drake's album sales where he does the same thing, so yeah. I don't give a fuck. See above gif, homie.

>The third and current arc is a piece of shit thanks Bendis.
That says more about Kamala's writer than it does Bendis, the Totally Awesome Hulk issue dealing with Banner's death was pretty good even if 90% of it was just shitting on Carol. Hell, even Miles' book had a decent CW II issue and that's written by Bendis himself.

>I'm okay with it.

But not proud.

I'm proud of a lot of things, use of slang isn't really one of them.

Wanna hear my mixtape tho?

I just cant get....anything out of Kamala.
She's got some funny stories, but I'm really horribly, put off by how OOC every mainline character has been to accomodate her and treat her like she's special. Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, Carol, just fucking EVERYONE treating her like she's gonna be great and they love her- when just a few years ago, they were literally shitting on the Runaways, Young Avengers, Juston...

Now they're treating Miles and Kamala all special, like they're in any way important. My question is WHY? It stinks of weird shit. I mean, you've got guys like Sam, the new Nova, who's fought opponents TONS tougher than either of them, who's nearly died for the team, but he gets no respect.

I mean, It just makes no sense considering how SPECIAL they treat those other two fucking kids.

Is it because he white?

It's because nobody cares about same irl. Why waste time hyping him up in other books?

Kamal is cute

CUTE

But in all seriousness she's the Peter Parker for the new generation. It's also neat that she comes from a fan's perspective and I like that her storylines are very comfy.

>Sam, the new Nova, who's fought opponents TONS tougher than either of them, who's nearly died for the team, but he gets no respect.
Because of Sean Ryan being a shitty writer. Before him if Sam did something good and others knew about it he'd be appreciated for it.

I consider her meeting with wolverine to be a rather defining event but she does need something more.

Not only that, why is he treated like a punk?

Isnt he the new Nova?
Last I remember, he was fucking powerful. Gravimetric control, high tier super strength , can open warp gates...

Shouldnt he be considered a MUCH more important person to recruit and respect, considering he SHOULD be able to one shot Miles or Kamala?

Last I recall, Richard Rider could TAKE ON an enhanced Silver Surfer and defeat armies by himself.

Is this Nova just shit in comparison?

Kamala is the first comic from Marvel that I've actually followed in a long long time. She doesn't feel like a chore.

She actually got me interested in reading other books from Marvel.

I have to agree.

When will Disney give her a movie??

Shitty writing, no one knows what to do with him, he shouldn't have been a Nova.

It may be a meme but its also true

I dont mind good fun and comedy, but she's a superhero. Is this comedy and funtimes that all she is?

Everything will just go great for her forever?
Man, must be nice being a girl hero in modern comics. I remember when Carol got raped by her own future unborn son, and when Sue Dibny got raped by Doctor Light.

I guess the current age is the happy go lucky camp age?

>I guess the current age is the happy go lucky camp age?

What makes you think books about people in colorful underwear should be grim and serious?

Im am happy they got the inhuman stuff out of the way quickly but yeah she went way to fast

Yes, that tier. Again, I'm saying that's the worst she can do at this point.

The point is, she won't be completely forgotten (or completely forgotten outside of Wikipedia and a half-dozen semi-ironic fans) like, for example, the lesser X-kids.

No it fucking isn't.

You may like him better, but Sam doesn't have nearly the popular following that Kamala does.

Every character goes through tough shit. Sam isn't special because of that

They were silly melodrama silver age shit, it not actually serious and just a fluff as modern stuff.