Artemus Fowl

Edit user returns edition

I'm gonna keep making new edits while we talk about the books/comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84743216/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84826702/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84831399/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84883140/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84914312/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84948154/
mega.nz/#F!GptkBYwA!adStDsJDd7BxyQzkbRTtAg!GpdVGKQL
archiveofourown.org/works/1497109?view_full_work=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you guys wouldn't mind dumping what I've already posted it would give me more time for more edits.

has anyone else read artemis fowl fanfiction

some if it's pretty great

I'm reading An unexpected turn of events.

I'm surprised the guy was able to make so many chapter of them just ...fucking.
Like, the plot of the story is them fucking.

do a Bloodborne themed edit of the Butler vs Troll scene

which outfit?
Classic?

Yeah, just the standard hunter set is best

here ya go

Kek, thank you user

ArtemisxHollyxJuliet OT3

So uh... I've had a pretty full day. I'm tired so I'm gonna be heading off to bed.
Before I go I should mention that I've got the photoshop trial. With these newfound powers comes greater potential.
Before I go I'll leave you with something to look forward to.

psst. by the way, don't tell mods.

I read one that was a crossover with the MCU. It was pretty good.

>guy

What guy?

The person who wrote the fanfic is a woman.

>implying Holly or Artemis would ever share

is that Butler's sister?
i dont even remember what she does in the books except for fucking up the Bodyguard test

Yeah, that's Juliet. She helps in the Eternity Code.

She also is a bad ass wrestler who RKOs a goblin in the seventh book.

>tfw some pre-Last Guardian fanfics are better than Last Guardian

COLFER IS A HACK

you've gone too far, user. It's just not titillating anymore. You gotta go just far enough to leave us wanting more.

>that one fanfic about the stuff the writer was hoping to be in The Last Guardian
>tfw it was super good

Dude just petered out. His spark to write Artemis Fowl dwindled. There should have been decades of material there.

More like colfered out

>tfw we might have spent decades waiting for the UST between Artemis and Holly to be resolved

You cheeky cunt.

Well, fanfics would exist regardless.

That one was pretty good.

I know that one. Its a fic where Artemis is recovering from the Atlantis complex and woos Holly with massage therapy.

Once Artemis turned full good guy, there wasn't much to do with him without the story becoming stale.

>Still 2 books away from Holly and Artemis kissing in the graphic novels
>Novels won't be given the green light until the movie comes out
>Movies in Hollywood limbo.

What a hell to be in.

>yfw it takes so long that to get to the graphic novel of the last book that Colfer stops caring and Holly and Artemis get together at the end.

>"Artemis help! Opal's unleashed the googly eyed plague on Haven!"

Now make it ahegao

A fa/tg/uy linked that one to me in the thread over there recently. it was ten to eleven at the time, the bastard

Guessing you stayed up reading it or something?

Until three in the fucking morning.

I need edits.
edits of Mulch.

It's going to be a long time before we get off this ride isn't it?

>>Movies in Hollywood limbo.
At least it's got a competent director and lead writer down.
There's a long way to go yet, but it seems to be through the pass the parcel stage

I'd prefer an animated series to be quite honest. The world just seems to lend itself a touch of the fantastical that animation could stretch out.

The artist is French enough for it to happen

Which ride? The Artemis Fowl ride? The movie ride? The edit ride?

I want to believe.

Animated movies would be GOAT, but there isn't really enough material to justify a series.

ok

Holly is cute

I just want to say as the OG Artemis Fowl poster(that somehow got 4 maxed out AF generals on Sup Forums in one night) from years back that nobody remembers; that I couldn't be more happy or proud of this new movement. Here's hoping they wisen up and make the movie animated and only the first book now that there's some small traction on that front.

Apparently she was being considered for Holly a while back. How do you think she'd do? It triggered tumblr on account of Holly having 'nut brown' skin and the only acceptable fancasting for her are black women

Man, I would have loved to be there for that. Did it get archive anywhere?

They can always use make-up/CGI to give her some exotic skin color. I'm more concerned by Holly's canonical height.

they'll probably do the same thing they did for the dwarves in the hobbit and LOTR movies, but I hope they don't use CGI for a proper skin colour cause fuck heads on tumblr would chuck a wobbly even though shes a goddamn magical elf

I just know this is apparently who Colfer wanted to be Holly. I don't really get it, but what do I know?

Generally the best thing to do when tumblrites gets up in arms is to simply ignore them completely.

It's been proved time and time again that they have absolutely fuck all market impact

good point, but I have a tumblr if only for the cool artists that are on there and I could do without all the shit thats inevitably gonna show up no matter how hard I try

Fuck it, it will be worth it when it happens tho.

It'll happen, you'll see

Right, guys?

Hollywood doesn't give a fuck about tumblrinas.

I now just want a Airman comic. I kind of preferred it to anything past book 5 of Artemis Fowl.

That's where you re introduce Minerva and have her team up with Opal, as her much less evil human benefactor.

Same, but I hope they get a different artist. This artist is okay for the weird fairy stuff, but I would prefer a more grounded art style for Airman.

Pls no. Minerva was boring and Opal coming back yet again would be Naraku tier bullshit.

I think he meant directly after book 5.

Having Minerva would have been a decent way to anchor the series and stop it from ridiculously escalating the way it did.
Though given her arc in 5 was how she learned the hard way why you don't go in over your head just because you're smart, I'd agree that having her as a sidekick to Opal would be a bit daft

despite the books saying otherwise, I always assumed Butler was black, and his sister was Latina. The comic threw me for a loop.

You pictures Cobra Bubbles didn't you?

The Opal Deception's graphic novel didn't really do the book justice since it deals with emotions more and the comic just didn't get enough in depth to do it justice, but the rest of the series would be perfect for graphic novels.
I doubt we'll ever see them.

...yes.

Wonder how they are going to handle Holly/Artemis. A sizable part of the fanbase/consumers were buoyed by their like of the pairing. You can't put shota in a big Hollywod production. Even in the books it was pretty weird, but at least it was more easily excused. In another thread someone wrote of their dislike for the ship and why Artemis was hard to cast, in short: 'realistically Artemis is a creep that kidnaps a woman and keeps her locked up for ransom and yet later on they're sweet on each other'. Its much easier to excuse/suspend your disbelief if he's just a tot but if you age him up to make the pairing less weird the scenario of the first book is creepier and the pairing is still weird, albeit with more emphasis on Stockholm syndrome instead of shota.

Unless they let us into Artemis' head to show that he does feel guilt about doing that, there will probably be issues. Of course, doing that is harder in a movie than it is in a book without narration.

I'd prefer an animated film over an animated series or live-action movie.

Regardless: Can anyone link the past storytimes? I'll draw some Holly in return.

Even in the books, Artemis and Butler are slightly disturbed by the kidnapping.
All they really need to do is have a concrete scene over it and combine it with the final scene where they swear not to do anything like it again

Search for Fowl on here
boards.Sup Forums.org/co/archive
It should be recent enough to show up

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84743216/
The thread that started all this.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84826702/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84831399/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84883140/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84914312/
The Artemis Fowl story times.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84948154/
The Supernaturalist story time.

And have a mega with all the Artemis Fowl books and graphic novels as a bonus. Or in case anyone who stops by later wants it.
mega.nz/#F!GptkBYwA!adStDsJDd7BxyQzkbRTtAg!GpdVGKQL

Thank you so much kind anons, what kind of Holly would you like to see? Holly from the Graphic novels or closer to the description in the book?

Is it ever said what her uniforms look like?

I think that can be solved with liberal applications of butler as the father figure.

Firstly they'd have to show audience Artemis is doing all this to find his father and then have sprinkles of dialogue with butler to show their apprehensions and occasional guilt of what they're committing.

But it's the entire point of Artemis' character development. Tween or teen, he starts off as a loner and a creep, gradually gains friends and becomes a better person, which eventually wins him Holly's affection. There's no Stockholm syndrome involved. I don't see why this can't work with a competent writer and director.

Anything is fine by me, user

Top quality /ss/ Holly, do God's work user.

I agree, was merely summarizing that other user's point, I can see why other people would agree with him and why it would be a challenge for the director to overcome.

>In another thread someone wrote of their dislike for the ship and why Artemis was hard to cast, in short: 'realistically Artemis is a creep that kidnaps a woman and keeps her locked up for ransom and yet later on they're sweet on each other'.

It was more about how hard it would be to make the series a movie for kids.

>I'd be suprised if the film adaptation ever goes through. Even if everyone ignores the stockholm syndrome and straight shota subtext, it's still a children's book that does a lot of things children's movies aren't allowed to do.

>Artemis Fowl is a story about a bad guy, and the story ends with him winning. He's not some cuddly Wreck-It-Ralph villain either. He's a guy who kidnaps a woman, chains her in his basement, and has no qualms about lying to her to fuck with her head. He's pitiable, has some standards, and has occasional bouts of humanity, but any actor who plays the character right would be Alex DeLarge levels of creepy. Even in the third book he's more of an antiheroic enemy mine than a good guy.

>The pacing could translate into a movie, even if some of the internal/external character contrasts couldn't be portrayed. The big problem is that filmmakers don't have the same freedom as authors.

Didn't the Harry Potter book adaptations at some point go pg-13?

Starting from the Goblet of Fire, yes. Half-Blood Prince and the first three were rated PG though.

This is more what I meant, tho I guess you are right, for this to work you'd have to fudge Minerva character development, which I honestly find ok since this way the series can last longer and we can have the best of both worlds, with Minerva taking the place of old Artemis, and good Artemis now having a foil he can play off.

Add some understated love triangle between Minerva, Holly, and Artemis, and you have yourself a much better story than what we got, that can go on longer and have a satisfying ending.

I think I was the one who wrote the post your talking about. It disregarded the Stockholm/ss issues and focused on how Artemis Fowl (the book) does a lot of things a children's movie wouldn't allow.

The protagonist is genuinely creepy, and his actions are even more alienating coming from a child than an adult. He's not a noble thief or a heroic rebel--he commits only one good deed in the book and even Holly questions if he was really being selfless there.

You could make a movie where you round off the harsh edges and make him into a Robin Hood, but they you'd have just another by-the-numbers boy genius story.

>where you round off the harsh edges and make him into a Robin Hood
How do you do that with the kidnapping/hostage/ransom though?
Skip it and go straight to the Father rescue?

But then the question is how do the fairies get involved.

Artemis discovers fairies and blackmails them into helping him save his father. Amoral but better than before, I guess.

And somehow they end up going against Opal and Cudgeon still, right?

what did this actually say?
i need to re-read all the comics, I only was here for the last two.

Yeah.

Artemis asks Butler to turn off the set of tvs playing the news in his office. Butler is shocked because the tvs haven't been off for over a yaer because that's where Artemis was expecting to hear news about his missing father.

Link nigga

I've got you senpai

archiveofourown.org/works/1497109?view_full_work=true