Does anyone else think he's one of the most boring characters in Steven Universe?

Does anyone else think he's one of the most boring characters in Steven Universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.katsuricata.com/post/140052092435/steven-universe-introducing-flood-order
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, he's just there to be a plot device when needed. Especially now.

Nah, I like Greg.

There's a lot of competition for that title.

I like Greg, but this is sort of right. Greg's already gone through his arc, which is why most of his episodes are Young Greg episodes.

main character maybe.
He's still ahead of Sadie, the Cool Kids, and Connie

He's the main character whose series is already over.

Steven Universe is one of those series that has flashbacks to what would have been a much better series. Young Greg > Steven in every possible way.

>Young Greg > Steven

This. I wish Yound Greg WAS Steven. It would have made for a much more interesting show if the MC wasn't some frufru faggot who crossdress and cries all the time.

Isn't that the point? He's Steven's anchor to normality with all the crazy gem stuff happening around him. Connie was too but now she an active part in it.

To put it another way, you need a straight man (no pun intended) to make comedy work. If everybody's quirky and off the wall, it's boring.

So many characters in this show are just boring. For all the shit Peridot gets for "spotlight stealing" she is much more engaging than Lars, Ronaldo, or fucking Sadie. But of course, Rebecca has to shoehorn them in because of her personal ties to them.

>Isn't that the point? He's Steven's anchor to normality with all the crazy gem stuff happening around him.

Uh no? You can have a "normal" character in a setting like this and have them not be dirt boring. Hell, Vidallia is a much more interesting character and she only spoke in two out of her three episodes.

>you need a straight man (no pun intended) to make comedy work.

I'd agree if SU were a straight up comedy but most of the characters in this show are fairly grounded in reality. Just about anyone could be a straight man in this show.

>never fucking wears pants or a shirt
>perpetually has that gross tan line
it's a gag I get but why did Stevens one positive male role model have to be such a loser.
Ah well, at lest he's not an ass.

I'm so sorry

Where to start with Steven Universe?
I tried to watch the first three episodes but they were boring as sin. Does it pick up?

No

Start with Giant Woman.

It honestly doesn't start to really pick up till around ep 23...

Watch the flood order imstead. It's for viewers who don't have as much patience

>tumblr.katsuricata.com/post/140052092435/steven-universe-introducing-flood-order

Nah he's a cool dad, although he's often not around when needed and his fear to learn more about gems themselves is disturbing, I mean his own son is a gem but he's always avoiding gem stuff.
But if nothing else, he has a lot of fatherly love to share, I mean who wouldn't want to learn playing guitar with their father?

>If everybody's quirky and off the wall, it's boring.
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs :)

KYS Sugar. He couldn't even recognize his own son when the series 1st came out.

instead*

Garbage. SU is a slice of life, not some faggy Star Wars shit

He's the best character. What are you on?

He's a working class man. Don't be a stuffy faggot.

Being working class doesn't mean you look like some slummy man child.

it's like they took Carl from athf and made him completely unlikable.

His wife's son learned from the best.

This

Why's he completely unlikable?

I think Garnet has been pretty boring as of recent.

He's a jew

A legitmate reason would be nice.

That is one

No, it's not.

>2016
>falling for bait

anyways, Greg is a great character, not only he is a good father but also since we see him young and adult we can really appreciate his character development, not to mention he's really chill, optimist, supporting, etc etc

tl;dr: great character

How?

One of the less interesting characters, but most humans are. At least he was husbando material when he was young.

Because being a jew doesn't make you "completely unlikable".

Oh, rest assured, I know it's bait. It's just that I'm kind of bored and want to see how far an internet troll can go.