What the fuck did I just watch. Does this prove that SNL is post modern?

What the fuck did I just watch. Does this prove that SNL is post modern?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSBpvh4y_lU
youtube.com/watch?v=ATXbJjuZqbc/
vimeo.com/148956711
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to include a link. Here it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSBpvh4y_lU

youtube.com/watch?v=ATXbJjuZqbc/

All right you guys. This isn't a joke anymore. Is SNL introducing us into a post-modern world? What is going on???

It's pathetic when people try to low-key admit they like simething but arentnbrave enough to just say it

> whoah! Look how POST MODERN snl is haha like I'll even post a link, gotta admit this made me laugh abit guys :D

Shut the fuck up. Those clips were the usual unfunny snl shit

>hi guys i'm threatened by your use of the term "post modern" since i don't know shit about shit
>so i'm just going to bitch generically and hope nobody calls me out

this is the worst thing I've ever seen

what does post modern mean anons? half the time i dont know what you guys are talking about so i just post frogs

Do you call anything you don't like "post modern"?

Whoa this thread is post modern

>>hi guys i'm threatened by your use of the term "post modern"
Maybe he's just confused, because you sure as fuck aren't using it correctly.

Why do you keep saying post modern ?

>post modern
I get paid $5 every time someone posts 'post modern'.

Whoa this post is modern

How post modern

The term is often misused to refer to Modernist stuff. Postmodernism is defined by a skepticism of absolute truths.

Watching this is like eating garbage. Is that the point?

Listen, I'm the OP and I have forgotten why I have posted this in the first place but I think it's because it just challenges Western values of truth and Christmas and Santa Claus. Again, I have not watched this since I got blazed.

SNL has been meme for a while now, they don't give a fuck

Honestly I didn't bother to watch this shit again. So there you have it, you bastards. Okay, poll: What is the most painless way to kill oneself? Asking for a friend.

post modern

Memes are usually funny and SNL is not so thats not a good description.

>1940s setting
>plastic call bottles and modern brands behind the bar
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

whhhaaattttttt tthhheeeeeeeee
ffuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkkk

That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Thanks. I honestly don't remember what post modern means anymore.

that was funny desu

I liked it.

>"muh"
>gasp
>"ru-"
>loud clapping
>"-ss-"
>"thunderous applause"
>"-a"
>the building comes down, the tragedy causes two hundred plus casualties

Hilarious stuff

Lol I get it, trump is such a buffon writing "a rock" on the ballot would make more sense, because rocks are inanimate objects and can't do anything., so that would be utterly pointless.

*heavy breathing*

helium

>video unavailable in your country
;_;

LYNCHED!

No, not at all, it is very Brechtian and thus modernist.

Well I watched the entire thing with uninterrupted interest so I guess Ill have to give them some form of credit

How the fuck is it "post modern"? It's just a comedic twist making use of dramatic irony

its for the best

Stupid ass white boy i didnt even click that shit

I honestly did not find this remotely funny.

>1947
>not a single striped suit jacket or 3 piece suit in sight

Was calling this video "post modern" an epic ruse? What did the OP mean by this?

they are racoons that shape shifted into women, are you mental?

I'm not sure if it's post-modern but it's certainly middle-brow.

jesus fucking christ

Lorne Michaels is literally spinning in his grave, or his bathtub full of gold I forgot whether hes dead or not

fuck why did you have to remind me of this

When the *cough* came up I thought this was heading into a much funnier direction.

Are you for real? This is all Lorne.

The joke is that this show is fucking awful
I laughed

YABA DABA DINGI DINGI DONDONDON FUFULUFU BUFUBUFU PLIPLAPLUPLA TWA TWA TWA

Lets talk about skits we like amongst the shit.

I liked Ryan Gosling's Santa skit but maybe my taste is garbage I dunno

vimeo.com/148956711

Lorne is a fucking hack that is directly responsible for SNL turning into the shitshow that it is.

Why did the hairy whore wax her arms? She had nice arm hair.

Its what Nietzsche was bloody talking about!

That's postmodernIST, this is post modern. Big difference. postmodernist is a way of thought, Post Modern is an aesthetic.

>make a half-assed sketch about some show girls acting strange
>give it a 30s/40s setting so the set crew will have actual work to do and dupe everyone into thinking this show is still professionally done
>that doesn't work out
>RACCOONS

and to think some genuinely funny comics choose to do this pile of shit that prevents them from doing anything else, thus losing the chance to build their careers

Christmas episodes have always been a cop out, it's basically a freebie for everyone. Just make every sketch based around some vague Christmas shit, get the most popular actor/musicians to host/perform and bring back random cast members for some sketches, that's what they always do.

SNL has... changed....

I thought those were men in drag from the OP pic.

I'm not even mad about this webm, it WAS her turn after all...

I'm a eurofag and SNL was never aired in my country, has it always been this fucking terrible or has it just declined during time? This skit was worse than school plays.

>lovecraftian

Did you guys know that the entertainment industry has no political agenda? It's true, it's just comedy for comedy's sake. People these days can be very paranoid, and will see things that aren't really there.

when is it going to be my turn

I don't understand.
What's this "vote for anyone else" shit?
She already got BTFO

American "humor".

And its like, yeah? Well good luck with that!

it's no joke

WTF is this shit? What's the full context?

This is better than most of the things SNL does these days though. Make of that what you will. Honestly this is like quality coming from them.

European here that follow SNL.

SNL was better but it was always overrated. It's been airing in US for many years so people attach nostalgia with it.

It had tons of funny stuff throughout the years, but it's like 10+ good sketches in one season.

It's always been hot and cold. It's mostly american type of humor so if you don't usually like american comedies you'll find the show not really funny.

Nothing worse than unfunny shit like this that thinks it's being smart.

>spoonerisms
Jesus Christ this is terrible.

Forgot to say this.

SNL always had great comedians in it and many of the top Hollywood comedians came out of it. The girl that plays Hillary will be the next one, and SJWism aside (she's a lesbian IRL) she is really good. The husband of Robyn from HIMYM is also pretty great from their current line-up but it's a shame they didn't push him as much.

So SNL has good comedians in it.

It had many great sketches.

But when I see the "classics" I fail to laugh.

You should judge some of the shows for yourself. It had many great skits like I said.

I'd recommend seeing some of the Andy Samberg, Jason Sudekis, Tina Fey era.... almost everyone from that era became a star.

But yeah, SNL has always been liberal propaganda, almost from the start of the show

Do people really spend years at second city and other comedy schools to be able to write this garbage? Is the general public just really unfunny?

He's fuckin alive and all of this is directly his fault.

That's fucking sad.

In the nineties SNL had Norm tearing Hillary and Bill apart every week, do they not know this shit seems extremely insincere

That just means we're reaching post post modernism. We've reached a point where postmodernism itself is getting postmoderned.

Episode after the election
They also had Hillary playing a saddened song on the piano in front of the live studio audience
Was some seriously meme tier greentext shit

And people wonder why there is so much right wing shitflinging on this site. Because this is real life and it isn't even acknowledged

and then he got fired

>I lost the election and we may never know why

This is ironic right?

I want to fuck Cecily Strong.

Thats because Norm is a real comedian and not a fucking liberal shill.

I mean a real comedian would have made jokes at all the liberal whining instead of crying.

No. I don't think most people will ever truly comprehend the emotional reaction that small portion of the American left had to Trump's victory. And I'm not talking about the average Democratic voter, who probably just thought, "Trump is stupid, I'm voting for my party's candidate", I'm talking about people who thought Trump was literally Hitler. People who thought that Trump was calling for KKK death squads in the streets, for journalists to be executed, and for his political enemies to be imprisoned. People who took everything Trump said at face value, clicked on every election clickbait article, browsed Tumblr, etc. Imagine being one of these people.

Now imagine being one of these people on election night, watching as the New York Times website's election outcome prediction started off at 98% in favor of Hillary Clinton, then watching, hour by hour, state by state, as the number fell to 90%, then 60%, then 35%, then 10%, then 1%, then 0%. The world is turned on its head. Nothing is real. Everything you've believed in the past year is wrong. Everything you've dreaded and feared for the past year is coming true. Your perception of reality has been raped.

So no, it's not ironic, just like Meryl Streep's speech wasn't ironic, because to this small group of people, Trump's victory was a world-shattering, traumatic event that they may never fully recover from. They bought completely in to the American media's hysteria engine, which had been operating at an unprecedented level during the 2016 election season, and they suffered the consequences of that emotional and psychic investment. People literally killed themselves the night Trump was elected, because the media told them that Trump was Hitler for nine months, and then Hitler won. How did Hitler win? The question itself is unthinkable, because they're still processing the outcome itself. There is zero trace of irony in these post-election entertainment industry meltdowns, my friend. Zero.

>MUH CHEETO HITLER IS GASSING TRANSWOMEN REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Reddit