/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

>I don't know if this thread will work on this board but

-Small/Stupid Question Thread-

I know that The Long Halloween was followed up by Dark Victory but what is Haunted Knight and how does it fit with those books?

Haunted Knight is a collection of one shots by Loeb and Sale before The Long Halloween. I love them but then I don't like TLH and prefer HK and DV over it, so take my word with a grain of salt.

Why does Superman have a hick accent? He's a farmboy right?

I like to think that they are in the same continuity but a very loose one.

What's the best place to download comics from? Soulseek has a limited selection and kickass isn't too great.

The Win-O', old Win-O's at Desuarchive, libgen, and DC++ hubs such as ComicShack, Prime, etc.

Is Batman gay?

I haven't been keeping up with DC lately, is Harley Quinn still a bad guy or not? And if she's a good guy now how do they reconcile that with the bad stuff she's done in the past? How does Batman feel about any of this?

Seconding this. Dude spent most of his life in Kansas, he should have at least a bit of a drawl but I've never seen him portrayed with any sort of an accent.

No, he's only ever been shown to be sexually involved with or attracted to women. Bats in general isn't that sexual of a person, he's too focused on "the mission" most of the time to really care about sex or romance.

Because most actors can't do a distinction between "midwestern rural" and "deep south" or "appalachian hillbilly". I'd rather them ignore it then get it hilariously wrong.

In the old Earth 2 continuity (pre-Crisis and then the New 52 reboot) he settled down and married Catwoman.

Any places where i can see or download screencaps from cartoons?

While I'd enjoy that ending for Bruce I think a Beyond style end is still more likely. But then again with the Bat family growing more and more with each passing year Bruce ending up completely alone becomes more and more unlikely.

Plenty of places where you can download or torrent the cartoons and screen cap them yourself.

Can someone explain everything that has happened in the Marvel U in the last decade? Specifically what about Spider-Man? I remember the headlines when he brain swapped with Doc Ock and I know Slott is hated by Sup Forums? Why is that?

Is literally any Marvel of the last decade it worth reading except for Immortal Iron Fist, Vision and Ms. Marvel V3 (all I read)?

He probably hides it. I live in Boston and know people who fucking grew up here and still hide their accents because it's considered a sign of being uneducated.

Midwest standard is THE standard if you want to sound intelligent in America.

All you really need to know is that you're better of not knowing.

Why doesn't Batman just rape the Joker?

Because then the Joker wins.

I've never gotten a answer to this, whatever happened to hulks warbound after WWH?

Marvel's comics are the worst things they're putting out right now and Spider-Man comics are the worst they've been since the Clone saga. I used to get annoyed at casuals for sticking to the MCU and not reading comics but given the current state of Marvel comics I can hardly blame them anymore.

I haven't kept up with current Superman continuity, whats his deal?

Nu52 Supes died and DadSupes came back, right? Why is he still buddies with the League then (I actually dont know if he is but Batman references Clark in #1)?

Is it true for miller's run in daredevil the man without fear #1-5 is a stand alone work? Where do I go from here to read more good daredevil stuff?

Even then there's different flavors of midwestern. My grandma's family is originally from Minnesota and that's a pretty recognizable accent as compared to my dad's family from south/central Illinois, which sounds more typical "nonregional" newscaster accent.

Pre-New 52 Supes isn't really "friends" with the JL. They flat out don't trust him at first, but right now are at least willing fo work with him to fight bad guys in the meantime.

His first run which is collected in the Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller trades and also in some new Omnibus collections.

Also Daredevil: Born Again

Is Deadpool an X-Man?

he's joined a few spinoff teams like x-factor but I don't think he's ever been on a main team before

Could Cyclops and Daredevil switch places? Like they looks totally Identical. If Scott learned Law and Matt just kept his eyes closed it would work .

I grew up in new orleans and used to have a thick accent/drawl
When I moved to Florida I worked really hard to get rid of it as soon as possible because everybody said I sounded like an idiot

On that note, I don't think Florida has an accent which is kind of nice I guess

>Floridafags being rude
sounds about right
>there being anything good about Florida
nope it fucking sucks here

>e it fucking sucks here
Didley lan

Hey at least it's like 100 degrees and humid as fuck all the time, so it's not all bad :^)

I was born and raised in Chicago, but I speak like a news anchor because the Chicago accent sounds stupid.

Superman doesn't speak like a hick because he doesn't want to.

He's an on-again, off-again ally but he's not a mutant, so, not really. Maybe an honorary X-Man after his stint in X-Force.

Perfect, thanks

Did Batman and Jason ever kiss and makeup?

They pretty much kiss and makeup every time they make an appearance together but then by the next one its back to the same exact drama because that drama is literally the character trait that makes Jason Todd interesting and writers have no idea what else to do with him.

I just google the comics and always seem to find it

I recommend The Vision, you will hear this from everyone. One of the best comics to come out in a while, not just from Marvel but from any company.

And I've just downloaded pic related and am working my way through it. It's got some really awesome shit. A lot of it, at least the early stuff reminds me of the old Heavy Metal space stuff.

He specifically said he read Vision

Whats the relationship between Archie/Betty/Veronica?

Who is Superboy Prime and why is he so special?

What does Sup Forums listen to when they read comics?

well guess I gotta go back to school cause I forgot how to read.

Also Ultimates is really good for a current ongoing. If you like huge cosmic concepts and some meta commentary on the comic medium. It even explains retcons and the sliding timescale in one issue, it's pretty awesome

Betty and Veronic pretend to fight over Archie but in reality they'd love nothing more than make out and have hot lesbian sex.

she's pretty much DC's Deadpool now. much like how Deadpool was "evil because he was brainwashed and crazy but then got a little bit better and rejected the person using him" they've done the same thing with Harley.

can someone post that list of Sup Forums approved videogames?

Is the story about a paramedic handing Thor his hammer actually in any comic?

Is there really an anti X-Men conspiracy?

i don't know what list you're refering to but obviously the Arkham games, the Infamous games, maybe saints row 4 though its a little more Matrix inspired.

Also Depending on who you ask, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 and X-Men Legends 1 and 2. Definitely the X-Men Arcade Game and Spiderman 2.

Trying to get started on Nu52. Is the Justice League title still running or was it rebooted into a new title with a fresh continuity?

Superboy prime was a shitposter on earth prime or whatever and then when the multiverse collapsed he ended up in the DC main universe a long with some other displaced people like Alexander Luthor and older supes/lois
He's still a shitposter but just in reality instead of online, and he's got the same powerset as superman but stronger for some reason or another
He's mad that heroes are edgy and decides to get rid of them and do it better by himself
Teamed up with the Shit Kicker Squad in the sinestro corps war

Also I'd give a small nod to Spider-Man & X-Men in Arcade's Revenge on the SNES

It ain't great but I have a lot of nostalgic love for it. You play as Spider-Man originally but then play as Gambit, Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm.

kinda. Marvel can't use X-Men in the MCU so they are turning the Inhumans into the MCUs version of mutants and are pushing them more in comics and dialing back the X-Men.

Which comics did The Dark Knight Rises pull ideas from?

Obviously Knightfall with Bane breaking Batman's back. What else?

Oh Shit I forgot about Marvel Vs Capcom thats pretty dank. Also the Deadpool game is pretty decent. Full of X-Men Lore and shit.

Knightfall, Dark Knight Returns and No Man's Land are the obvious ones

THIS: , and the reason other heroes don't mess with her is because Batman don't let them.

Yes, Batman is protecting Harley Quinn in her new city.

>Who is Superboy Prime and why is he so special?

Alternate universe version of Superboy that ostensibly comes from our world. So he grows up a huge fan of the comics then finds out that he actually is Superman. If you've read Busiek's Secret Identity Elseworlds, think something like that.

Ends up surviving the Crisis and flips off the deep end because he thinks the new universe is terrible because it's nothing like his comics anymore. He's a big deal because he's got all of Superman's powers but with the petulant disconnect from reality of a Sup Forums shitposter.

Will the next President show up in a comic book? Obama did when he was elected, so why not Trump or Hillary?

Hillary might but a lot of people on both sides hate her for the shit she has pulled so I doubt it'd be as nice as Obama's cameo. Plus he's a comic book fan so having him show up at least had some logic behind it. Trump has and will continued to get mocked/parodied in comics regardless of how the election goes.

I'm sure they will be parodied form or another. If you mean officially appearing as themselves in Marvel or DC specifically probably not. Obama was a "cool" President that was huge with kids and he was a Roy Thomas Conan sperg as a kid so it makes sense for him to pop up in Marvel and hang with Spidey.

See how you can have a level headed objective discussion about political figures without derailing or shit posting? Take notes Sup Forums

>Who is Superboy Prime and why is he so special?
Back before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there was a world called Earth Prime, supposed to be our world. On it, superheroes only existed in comics.
Superboy(of Earth) Prime, was a kid who might have been Kryptonian, and his parents named him Clark because their name was Kent, and they thought it was cute.
His powers awakened when Hailey's Comet passed over after he'd left a Halloween Party, and Superman had gotten in through some space time storm.
The two talked and Superman thought he was a good kid.

He showed up again during the Crisis, and helped bring down the Anti-Monitor.
He, Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-3, and Superman & Lois Lane of Earth-2, left after the battle into some Paradise dimension. Effectively dead, but they got a happy ending.

From there, he could see the happenings of the DC universe, and since a lot of bad shit went down in the 90's, he got it into his head that he could have done it better.
Like how you watch someone play a game you know and all you can do is scream at the screen at their every mistake.

When he got out during Infinite Crisis, almost no one was a match for him because he was operating on Silver Age power levels, where Superman had enough power to tow entire solar systems behind him.

He's interesting because he's pretty much an audience surrogate of the worst kind. Read his stories and you'll understand how that works.

If Trump shows up, I think it would be in a similar capacity as Bill Clinton during Reign of the Supermen.
They need to use the President, so why not use the one in office?
Not necessarily good or bad in the use.

Though they did have Bill endorsing a supervillain, but he couldn't have known that at the time. Maybe a subtle jab?

Dawg if Trump makes any appearances in the Marvel U as President it's gonna be in the same vein as Nixon in Englehart's Cap. And that's probably the NICEST person any person in the world of art or creativity is gonna be about it.

When did Original Harley in Harlequin costume become trashy scene Harley, and why?

Combination of New 52 and the Arkham games, and mainly to appeal to cosplayers.

I'd say it was more the official design artists took cues from the cosplayers and other fan designs rather than them trying specifically to pander to them. Inmates running the asylum.

What are the best Batman comics that don't involve super heroes or villains (meaning no one with super powers)

Where its just Batman just doing his Batman thing, not leaning on Superman or the JL and the villains hes fighting are just using guns muscle and schemes to win.

I remember something about a government facility and thats about it.

I can easily see Marvel jerking Hillary off if she wins.

Does Superman piss and shit

War games, Gotham central, anything related to the mob or the cops

How does Batman deal with traffic when driving the batmobile?
Does Wonder Woman even have a weakness anymore?

Most Bronze Age stories

Cyclops has brown hair not red