'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' CASTS NEW DIRECTOR

>Jason O’Mara (“Complications,” “The Good Wife”) has joined the series stepping into the role as S.H.I.E.L.D’s new Director, playing a character whose Marvel roots go back to the 1940s.

marvel.com/news/tv/26536/marvels_agents_of_shield_casts_new_director
What are your bets, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timely_Comics#Timely_characters_and_creators
cosmicbooknews.com/content/daredevil-charlie-cox-contracted-do-marvel-movies
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-civil-war-why-kevin-820147
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh shit! This really is the last season

Oh shit!. Batman infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D

Nick Fury (and the rest of the Howling Commandos) didn't appear until 1963.

He'll be an old Atlas character - one of these that isn't in use, isn't a problematic name (like the first Black Widow, Angel, Human Torch), or appearance (the Blazing Skull might be confusing with a Ghost Rider running around, but I haven't been following the show), or whatever.

My money would be on one of the characters also used in The Twelve - that mini had a disproportionate effect on the formation of the MCU.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timely_Comics#Timely_characters_and_creators

Agent Carter should have done Peggy with the 40's superheroes but they fucked up with that show big time.

Agent Carter was such a missed opportunity, holy shit. Like you said, I was expecting some old superheroes or at least for her to deal with Zola/HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD and the WS program.

S1 ended with Zola in jail and then they just completely abandoned the plot. For what purpose?

>For what purpose?
TV side Marvel and Movie side Marvel don't get along.

[Citation needed]

Oh, wow, when I read the title I thought title was director in the production sense, not the SHIELD agency sense.
Will be interesting to see and how he connects to the 1940's. Since Agent Carter was cancelled, perhaps it could pick up an aborted plot line from that?

Jim Hammond? Would they dare to lift his name from his glorious story?

AC S1 was made by the Movie Studios, actually. They never meant to continue with Zola because that was just a cameo to help justify Bucky's eventual mind control displayed in TWS. It wasn't a S2 tease at any point.

Zola at the end of S1 hinted at the start of the Winter Soldier program, with that hypnotist. Much like how AOS had a plotline showing how the Avengers found Strucker's base and the helicarrier rebuilt.

Cared enough to post

>Oh, wow, when I read the title I thought title was director in the production sense, not the SHIELD agency sense.
I thought the same thing.

I'm still not sure they have the right to use Hammond, given his alter ego as the Human Torch. Plus background prop in a crowded scene is one thing, an android as complex as the Vision but made in the 1940s is several others.

Didn't they say the director was a she in S3 finale? Or am I remembering wrong

>when I read the title I thought it was
Small mistake, fixed

They might as well cast Summer Glau or Dylan Baker while they're at it

The LMD was a she. They never used a gendered-pronoun when talking about the Director

I imagine they could use him as long as they don't say Human Torch

And we know S4 will have LMDs so it could tie into that

>synthetic humanoid alive since 1940s who was the basis of the newer LMD project

I dig it

I was expecting May to take over as director

Human Torch is an Easter egg in the Captain America movie

>They might as well cast Summer Glau
Every single series this girl was casted has been canceled, i don't think they would risk

I meant just lifting his name and applying it to a blank character, since they can't do it after CA:TFA and FOX's rights.

Not Arrow. Although it might as well have.

Col. Rick Stoner

She was on Arrow. Though I guess it's taking a while to get cancelled, it's slowly rotting from the inside instead of a quick death.

same with Dylan Baker and Jason O'Mara

Why couldn't they do it after TFA?

Captain America The First Avenger had the human torch on display at Stark Expo.

They'd have to ignore it, or create a duplicate.

FOX is probably a bigger barrier, even if they are allowed to use the Human Torch, I don't imagine they'd want to.

That said, Marvel has always stolen the human torch.

>FOX is probably a bigger barrier, even if they are allowed to use the Human Torch, I don't imagine they'd want to.

They could just go with an android named Jim Hammond who can inflamate himself.

Hammond was never related to F4, and came first, so fuck fox

Why ignore it, they could tie it to that easter egg. Like how they used the World Council guy from Avengers in the last season

>Since Agent Carter was cancelled, perhaps it could pick up an aborted plot line from that?
Probably a pretty safe bet. I imagine they probably were courting him for whatever this role is for Agent Carter, then just ported it over to AoS when season 3 was cancelled.

That's not how it works. So long as it is a recognizable trademark they could not want to do it just to avoid giving FOX attention.

That cheapens Cap (and Bucky's) whole "only ones left from that generation" shtick, I feel. They probably want to avoid that. Zola, Jarvis(Vision) and Carter all had major asterisks next to their feats of surviving long enough to be in the two ages of the MCU.

It doesn't cheapen anything, it would be a very cool reveal and give the character lots of potential

I feel like next season could probably have Most Wanted shit in it too, seeing as they made an entire episode dedicated to writing out Bobbi and Hunter. Now that Most Wanted was passed on, they probably gotta back track on it.

Yeah, actually, now that you mention it, I'm surprised that they didn't bring in Dominic Fortune to be the new director since he was already cast for Most Wanted.

>That cheapens Cap (and Bucky's) whole "only ones left from that generation" shtick, I feel.
>It doesn't cheapen anything
This user is right. Something non-canon has no effect on the films. They could add fifty more 1940s frozen characters to the show, and it would make no difference to the film universe.

Fucking Batman. He even has to take over SHIELD as well.

I really hope Shield knocks it out of the park with their last season, go out with a bang.

how was teh 12 effecting the mci

>It's all connected

So what is the exact reasons that the netflix and Shield will never see a crossover with the larger MCU?

Epic meme my friend

So what classic Inhumans is AoS going to use now that Feige doesn't give a shit about making the movie anymore? I remember there was an interview with the showrunners where they said they have more freedom with the Inhumans now.

Old robot of the original Fury, 90 percent sure.

Either the differences in filming schedules or "corporate stuff".

Take your pick.

The latter with the former as an excuse

It's definitely Dir. Stoner, and it's definitely LMD time. Weddon times are happening and they will happen multiple times.

I thought the movie was still happening, but later down the road. will be funny to see if they acknowledge the Inhumans in Shield as divergent clans or something like that.

>Perlmutter is in charge of the TV division
>Feige is in charge of the movie division
>Feige and Perlmutter had a fallout last year
That's the reason.

I don't know. The schedule thing sounds plausible too.

100% this. And here I thought Marvel had control of their properties, but there's drama between the film and television divisons apparently.

That's why they use it as an exuse, but as somebody have already mentioned there has been a falling out between the guys who spearhead the two divisions. This is more likely the cause more than anything.

So, has anyone actually said their thoughts on O'Mara being cast or are we just getting one autists baiting everyone saying how the show is non-canon?

Pretty sure that if Feige wants to use the TV show characters, he can use them. I remember reading an interview where Charlie Cox said that he has a clause in his contract that he needs to appear in the movies if the higher ups want that.

Feige probably just doesn't want more drama with Perlmutter though. I'm sure Disney can force Perlmutter to let Daredevil or whatever appear in the movies (after all, Alan Horn demoted Perlmutter without second thoughts when Feige threatened to leave the company, so he clearly values Feige more than him), but I'm sure they don't want any more unnecessary conflict between divisions. There was probably some sort of mutual understanding between them with "I handle my part, you handle yours, let's not interact more than necessary".

Marvel Studios is no longer part of Marvel. Feige did a power play to get it removed from Marvel Entertainment since he didn't want to answer to Perlmutter anymore.

In a recent interview, they said that Studios has loosened up which inhumans they're allowed to use.

you're still 10 percent wrong, user

Mostly the latter, with a bit of the former. Expecting an AoS thread to not be at least 80% "lol non-canon" Sup Forums shitposters is just naive.

Only a month and a half to go before we finally get the talkbacks back and can actually talk about the show again. So close, yet so far.

We'll see won't we.

>I remember reading an interview where Charlie Cox said that he has a clause in his contract that he needs to appear in the movies if the higher ups want that.
Can confirm. My dad who works at Nintendo told me this.

>It’s in my contract that if they want me to do it, I’m there, and I would love that. That would be an extension of the dream, but I’m a pretty happy customer at this point, to get to do the series again.

cosmicbooknews.com/content/daredevil-charlie-cox-contracted-do-marvel-movies

Too bad Marvel will probably squander the opportunity

>we won't see DD show up in Spiderman to give him tips

Feels bad man

Made you look didn't I? ;)

Like I said, they probably don't want more drama. You can bet your ass that Perlmutter will throw a fit if he finds out Feige wants to get Daredevil for the movies.

>hey man, sorry but not sorry for getting you demoted
>btw I'm gonna take Daredevil for the movies too lol

I'm sure Feige hates him enough, but he's probably not that petty to step even more on his toes.

Marvel pls fire Ike the Kike

Thx

>Marvel pls fire Ike the Kike
user, Ike is the President and third highest share-holder of Disney.

There isn't a single person within Marvel that outranks him, and the only person at Disney that outranks Perlmutter is Bob Iger, since Iger is the head of Disney.

Even then, Perlmutter would still be one of the highest share-holders of the company.

Bob and Ike death match

Make it happen

Makes me wonder how come Disney listened to Feige and removed Perlmutter from the movie division. Since Ike's so high up in the company, I would've thought that could never happen.

You ninny

He wasnt the only one

Because Feige is god and also a big part of the MCU which is a license to print money

Less them removing Perlmutter from the movie division and more removing the movie division from Marvel.

The MCU is one of the most valuable movie franchises in history. AoU under-performed then the head of Marvel Studios (Feige), all the people working under him, and the actors (mind you, the actors had been getting paid really low while Feige promised them higher paychecks without Perlmutter around) all going "Perlmutter is the reason why AoU under-performed."

Plus, it was Iger who did it, and Iger is the one person who outranks Perlmutter so there's nothing he could do about it.

it introduced a lot of concepts that hadn't previously been used

probably because it was coming out when they were trying to figure out what the hell to do after Iron Man

Well according to THR, Feige threatened to leave Marvel if he had to continue reporting to Perlmutter. I imagine Disney went into panic mode at that and were willing to do anything to have him stay. He got to a point where he's too valuable for the company, so he can demand stuff like this.

>Sources say Feige, 42, contemplated leaving Marvel — certainly, he might be the industry's single most employable executive — before Disney CEO Bob Iger approved a reorganization that sees Feige reporting to Horn.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-civil-war-why-kevin-820147

>Peggy Carter and the Howling Commandos
>Peggy Carter and the Invaders

At least shit would get done. May is closer to comics Fury than MCU Fury is.

I already said Rick Stoner.

Me too.

So they could have a shitty love triangle of course.

Because superhero/superspy stuff isn't as important as who Peggy Carter's future husband is

Bobbi's actress got a new job. She's going to be the female lead in Seth MacFarlane's scifi show.

The actress is considered leading lady material apparently. Most Wanted was an attempt to give her her own show. She wasn't going to play second fiddle to Sky/Daisy for ever

I'm gonna miss Bobbi and her tight shirts...

dem teddies

>The actress is considered leading lady material apparently.

Remember last time they tried to give her her own show, user?