So what are the chances of getting a show or a lil´movie?

So what are the chances of getting a show or a lilĀ“movie?

Hopefully none.

No.

It's 15 seconds of relevance in the minds of ADHD riddled kids is long gone, so none.

but muh goat mommy

What would be the point?

The entire gimmick of Undertale is that the story revolves around gameplay mechanics. Trying to translate it into another medium would just give you an inferior version of an existing work.

How does Undertale go from being one of the most acclaimed indie games to being the most hated?

Because the acclaim was undeserved and people got tired of the 15yos gushing over it.

It got popular especially at tumblr, it's still loved everywhere except Sup Forums

Why would someone make a story that is intrinsically tied into the fundamentals of it's native medium into a movie?

Well, I guess it's something Snyder can do once he's done with the DC stuff. He even made a kids movie already, with that owl thing.

The most important plot secrets are hidden on separate timelines. Separate timelines never work out well in film.

People liked Roman Reigns before he got pushed to the Moon and shoved down everyone's throats as the best thing ever.

Fads are not acclaimed. Fads come, are popular for a while, then fall out of style. Like mullets and eventually Pokemon Go.

Did this chick ever act in a high profile movie again? I remember her being quite bad.

Well Toby said he didn't really want more Undertale and that there's no need to keep the story going. But if it were up to me, I'd make a spinoff comic along the lines of Hotline Miami Wildlife. It's not-canon, nor related to the main game in anyway, but it's giving us more of the world and it's characters.

Because people think they are smart when they hate something that is popular even when it's excellent but humble, and Undertale is exactly that.

It's Sup Forums, what'd you think would happen?

Once something gets popular it'll get subjected to every contrary dismissive opinion and meme.

It's not like Undertale claimed to be anything beyond just a game. But it's a good one if you like stories and characters, and some people just don't want to accept that.

You can just groundhogs day it and split it into two parts. The bigger issue to me is how one would be able to sell a child surviving a flower god or a goat man king.

A combined result of the toxic fanbase and the overwhelming critical acclaim.

I loved Undertale because I played it when it was brand new and I knew absolutely nothing about what to expect. Nowadays, people playing it for the first time likely know everything about the characters and gameplay mechanics, on top of knowing it's apparently a 10/10 experience meaning they know exactly what to expect and are very underwhelmed when it turns out to not be a masterpiece like they were promised. They go into it expecting greatness to happen any second and therefore have a much critical eye than they would have otherwise. Since I had no idea what I was getting into, I was very pleasantly surprised by how solid the experience was. I imagine I would have been let down if I had known anything about it, let alone that it was supposed to be amazing.

I'd rather get a show based on the OVA tbqh

Roman Reigns was pushed by the company that decided how often he would appear and how heavily he would be featured

Undertale wasn't pushed by anyone but Undertale fans. You can't hold the actions of shitty fans against a project.

I mean you can, but you may as well stop breathing because damn can you believe these idiots who are breathing all the time? it's disgusting

I'd rather talk about a LISA the Painful adult animation.

A series would work better than a movie would, it'd give the audience more time to have episodes focused on different gang members and different locations in the game.

Nope

For a solid 3 months, it was the flavor de jour and all of cosplay. Now it's Pokemon Go. When your market is kids with ADHD, you only get their money for a small window then jump off the Titanic.

WWE blew it with him

Belee dat, bbgurl.

>humble
>after he implied anyone who doesn't like the game after it becomes popular is just being contrarian

>home of /sug/ talking shit about any other fanbase
haha

>Undertale wasn't pushed by anyone but Undertale fans.
And every game journalism website. And all of social media.

>it becomes really popular and everyone starts to hate it on principle

That is exactly what happened though.

i'm pretty sure both UT and SU has the same fanbase

Is this meant to be a rebuttal? Because you just proved he was completely and absolutely right.

This seriously, it just wouldn't work

So if someone dislikes something they're just doing it because they think it's cool? Criticism doesn't exist?

I don't hate it on principle. I hate it because it's a cheap gimmick with cheap production values and has nothing remarkable about it.

But this is exactly what happened.

Sup Forums used to love this game up until it got popular.
> anyone who doesn't like the game after it becomes popular is just being contrarian
Putting word into his mouth he didn't say.

Saying there will be a good chunk of people who hat it just to be contrarian isn't the same as saying EVERYBODY who don't like the game are just contrarian.

It does, but people who are criticizing undertale do it for retarded reasons because they miss the point, much like people hating on Gone Home.

see>Saying there will be a good chunk of people who hat it just to be contrarian isn't the same as saying EVERYBODY who don't like the game are just contrarian.
He never talked in absolute terms. Be a little smarter.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun adaptation, only that it will never work as good as the video game.

See: Watchmen.

Undertale is vidyakino. Go enjoy your overly produced vidyaflicks like Uncharted 4.

>because they miss the point,
Oh shit. The "TOO DEEP 4 U" Brigade is here.
>Gone Home
OH SHIT. NEXT LEVEL BAIT.

Well, good for you. That doesn't change the fact that many people hate it solely because of its fandom and overexposure.

Honestly the fans have given us so many good comics we might as well post them instead of being huge faggots and complain about it.

I never played this game, is it worth getting into?

>Oh shit. The "TOO DEEP 4 U" Brigade is here.
Hey buddy, when people are retarded I have to call them out for that. Otherwise the stupidity might spread like a Sup Forumsirus

>Go enjoy your overly produced vidyaflicks like Uncharted 4.
I will. Because it's a well made game produced lovingly by a team of people working together to make a game with real entertainment value.

It's fun and cute and full of charismatic characters.
If you like story based games and old-fashioned games give it a try.

Undertale's medium as a video game is invaluable part of why it works. You can't make it anything else. Dumbshit.

If you go into it completely blind, it's great.

>most hated?
Get out of the Sup Forums hugbox mate, it's cool to hate on Undertale because it takes no creative energy to rant about SJW and Tumblr, even though those 2 concepts are literally just incidental
>but furries like it
Yeah, well, pedos enjoy the fuck out of Ben 10, does that mean that Ben 10 itself is shit out of association?

>many people
Except the quote I'mean replying to literally says "everyone" and not "many people". Keep pushing those goal posts though.

This is absolutely cringe worthy, Tumblr-fag.

That would be kind of missing the point wouldn't it? There's no way you can transfer all the meta-gameplay stuff to a cartoon.

It would be like making a House of Leaves movie

>unironically likes uncharted
what a shallow person you are, I'm actually embarrassed.

A awful fanbase can turn a sweet game sour user.

Shame too, I love Undertale yet it's fanbase has gotten MLP levels of cancer.

>hating on /sug/
nice meme, it's the gravity falls fanbase that is the real cancer.

the best you'll get is an easter egg on an episode of some cartoon or characters inspired by at most
sorry, you'll never get a captain N the indie master starting this, Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Nidhogg and Shantae

and then he violated the wellness policy and got punished big time for it.

Now Finn Balor is looking to take his place as the next big thing.

Embarrassed enough to kill yourself?

No. It wouldn't work the same because it pretty much just rides on video games as a medium in an attempt to twist your expectations. Unless you want shorts or something, which I'm sure your fan base has done by now.

And it's not like the source is remarkable to begin with.

As someone who considers Undertale to be game of the year 2015, I would be absolutely disgusted if it were made into a show or movie. In fact, I don't even want a sequel.

>Shame too, I love Undertale yet it's fanbase has gotten MLP levels of cancer.
Honestly, no matter what fanbase you are refering to, nothing will come close to MLP levels of cancer. That shit got mainstream mockery. It was a phenomenon.