Which was a bigger part of your childhood and which holds up better today?

which was a bigger part of your childhood and which holds up better today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3uaGkrUtrM
youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
youtube.com/watch?v=kZePHlH2duk
youtube.com/watch?v=46u_FRzhGk0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nickelodeon

CN because klasky-csupo doesn't hold up and klasky-csupo was to nick as seth mcfarlane is to fox

nickelodeon had more classics
CN was more forgettable

Nickelodeon was my go-to channel during childhood, CN holds up far better today.

Nick

CN all the way through life, but I'm not happy with current CN. Gumball is the only thing that keeps me on the CN train these days.

I was never a huge personal fan of shows like Hey Arnold when I was younger (I have a different opinion now), so if you combine Toonami with CN, I'd say that is defniitely a bigger part.

CN
Nick was only spongebob and a few other cartoons for me but CN was a big part of my childhood and why I want to be a artist

today its basically Teen Titans go vs New Spongebob

Nick

I grew up at a time when CN wasn't a basic cable channel, if I wanted to watch CN I had to go to my RI h friend's house with the dish

Both were big in my childhood.

Nick has nothing good now.

Oh I honestly can't tell you, I loved both of them. I think my hype for Nick died more quickly once Rugrats and Angry Beavers got replaced with Spongebob and FOP at seemingly all hours of the day. There was still a few more years of Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo before it watered down and became Camp Lazlo/Gym Partner's a Monkey-tier shit.

Is it odd to say they were both equal for me? I watched Nicktoons a lot more than Nickelodeon, though.
I actually can't decide which one holds up better, since it varies cartoon to cartoon. Some shows reek of the later 90s and early 2000s, while others feel timeless, like Powerpuff Girls and the earlier seasons of Spongebob. Nick fell a LOT harder into the cool phase than CN did, though, so more of their shows feel a bit dated.

Nickelodeon if course

Probably CN on both. CN slightly edges out on childhood for consistency (Nick had a few really good shows, then mostly shit), and all Nick has today is Loud House and SpongeBob.

Cartoon Network, closely followed by Fox Kids/Jetix.

I was an adult when CN launched so...

Saturday morning>weekday afternoon UHF>Nickelodeon

For me, CN for both. I enjoyed Spongebob, Rugrats, FoP, etc. but I couldn't get into Avatar when I was younger. With CN, they had Billy and Mandy, Courage, KND, Teen Titans.

this was the show that put cn over the top for me

>Childhood
Cartoon Network, easily. I was binge watching old CN bumps on YouTube yesterday and it's astounding just how many great cartoons CN had going for it.
Nick had a solid line-up, but the live action, pre-teen sitcoms kinda turned me off.

>Today
Cartoon Network, again.
It's CN, [as] and Toonami all on the same channel vs. Spongebob and FOP season 20 fucktillion. It's not even a competion anymore.

Classic CN. Digged Classic Nick too.
They're both shit now.

I grew up first with Nickelodeon, but back when they basically did CN's old job and had Looney Tunes, Inspector Gadget et. all running, with little original animated programming. With the exception of Rocko's Modern Life, as time went on I got really bored with Nick/Nicktoons and gravitated towards CN, especially with the rise of Toonami and stayed there for a long ass time.

So all in all it was about half and half, but I remember CN more fondly now.

I think most of my childhood was dedicated to the broadcast networks. Things like the Disney Afternoon, WB Kids, Fox Box, etc. I was almost a teen when we got cable, and by then I think Nick and CN were well into most of their classic shows.

That said, between the two, I found myself more drawn to CN. As a kid I just didn't the art style of Nick's 90's shows to be all that appealing and found myself more drawn to the likes of Dexter, PPG, etc. I do remember watching Hey Arnold quite a bit, but other than that...

I've only ever watched a couple episodes of Rugrats and Real Monsters.

ed edd n eddy and grim adventures greatly influenced my sense of humor today, alot more so than hey arnold, catdog, ren and stimpy, or anything else from nick

Cartoon Network for both, but Nickelodeon has a sense of nostalgia and childhood wonder that I don't get from Cartoon Network.

CN is my answer for both questions

CN was superior in every single way.

Just look at the "What a Cartoon!" shorts, they were pure CartoonKino

youtube.com/watch?v=J3uaGkrUtrM
youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
youtube.com/watch?v=kZePHlH2duk
youtube.com/watch?v=46u_FRzhGk0