X-Men Thread

Come on, Sup Forums. Let's have a thread celebrating the greatest superhero team in comic history.

>Who's your favourite X-Men member?
>What are your favourite stories?
>Why is Cyclops always right?
>Do you miss them?

the o5 need to leave

Why?

Because they are taking the Spotlight of better x-teens.

LOVE Xman
LOATHE his stories
LOVE Onslaught
LOATHE his stories
Same for Apocalypse, Sinister, and Cable.

But Cable/Deadpool was so good. The X Factor stuff with Apocalypse was good.

Hey can some one tell me what issues were the X Force team with Logan, Fantomax, Psylocke, DP etc? It's like all my fav characters from Psylocke to Archangel

- Nightcrawler
- Fall of the Mutants; Inferno
- Because, in his best, he ditched Jean for Emma
- Just the times they were actually a superhero team trying to fit themselves in the world, instead the segregational military group with survivalism mentality they are today.

I always wanted to go out drinking with Wolverine and Gambit. You know that would be an interesting night.

Uncanny X-Force vol 1 by rick remender

>Favorite X-men member?
Cyclops
>Favorite Stories?
Uncanny X-men through the 80's, X-Factor run by Peter David with the X-Factor detective agency, Messiah CompleX, Astonishing
Because even when they're trying to write him in as a bad guy, he comes across as right. It's like they don't know what a bad guy really does anymore at Marvel.
>Do you miss them?
Every goddamn day.

Fuck leaving, they should be hanging out with those agegroup appropriate X-peers more often.
Baby Iceman had a great "gay best friend" thing going on with Irma Cuckoo.
I want more of that.

>Fave 'Man?
... the Emma frost from the Dark X-Men, not an Emma from a different story, and trust me: there's a difference.
>Fave stories?
Whedon's run, Dark Avengers/X-Men : Utopia, All-New X-Men (O5!4FR!), the Uncanny' by Bendis for all it's tasty Scott fail.
>Why Right?
They are a very empathetic and ethically conscientious people...
>Do I Miss Them?
I YEARN.

Who was the girl all the way on the right of op's picture?

I think it was an unused Rachel design?

Amazingly, that is a pre-hair-mutated Eva Bell.
The black kid is pre-goggles-on-his-'fro Triage.

>>Who's your favourite X-Men member?
Nightcrawler.

>>What are your favourite stories?
Oh man, I could list them all day: Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix, Claremont's Outback era, Morrison's New X-Men, Remender's Uncanny X-Force...

>>Why is Cyclops always right?
Chris Sims had a pretty interesting theory about this, actually. Since Cyclops was always the more cautious and "boring" of the group he always was the one who was right at the end of the day because of this.

>>Do you miss them?
You have no fucking idea, OP. The storytimes help but... goddamn do I miss having X-titles in my pull and enjoying them.

Ah, that makes sense. I never read Bendis' X-Men

-Warren & Scott
-Uncanny X-Force
-He wants what's better for the muties, unlike the rest of the world
-Very much

For what its worth, I love Magneto and Victor's costumes in Uncanny

-'Crawler-
I detect a non-hypocritical Christian. DETECTED! DESTROY! DESTROY!
-Outback era, X-Force/Statix, X-Force, Morrison-
You really like them shaking up the snowglobe, don't you?
-Right-
Does that mean that he would have sucked at his job if he ever let his hair down?
-(;_;)-
I find myself buying a lot more collected volumes these days. How about you?

BEST OG XMAN IS SCOTT
BEST MEMBER INTRODUCED IN UNCANNY IS KITTY
BEST NEW MUTANT IS MAGIK
FUCK THE OG 5 THEY GOTTA GO BACK IN TIME.

Add Nightcrawler. He's the real party animal of the team.

Why is Longshot so based?

I'm just so F*cking glad that Mags is wearing sleeves again.

Designated Driver is Cyke or Kitty.

Why are even the lamest written Muties awesome? if Doop was an Avenger I would hate him.

Cyke gets wild when he is off duty, I'm sure of it.

Scratch both of those, definitely not thought through. CannonBall is def the Designated Driver.

Serious question, who do you expect Bunn is going to choose for the ANAD hellfire club ?

White king is magneto and black king is Shawn, who else ?

The Morrison run had a Scott drinking scene, Sabretooth, Sebastian Shaw, and Wolverine all showed up to pester him.
It was epic.

I would pick Kitty as the designated', I've never seen a scene were she was drunk, plus phasing is better than seatbelts for safety.

Magik, Kitty and Emma
80s New Mutants, Excalibur and Morrison's run.
Because he always puts Mutants as a whole first, never having his mind clouded by lesser things. Also because hes like the best character.
>>Do you miss them?
does a mall babe eat chili fries?

Emma's gunna be there.
And I'm crossing my fingers for the cuckoos to all three be there too.

Am I the only one who loved Banshee?

>I detect a non-hypocritical Christian. DETECTED! DESTROY! DESTROY!
Agnostic, actually. I just love Kurt's sense of adventure and free-spirited nature. You also gotta admire his strong faith, even in times of crisis, whether you agree with it or not.

>-Outback era, X-Force/Statix, X-Force, Morrison-
>You really like them shaking up the snowglobe, don't you?
Ha, yes, I guess you could say that. Seeing the status quo get fucked with is fun.

>-Right-
>Does that mean that he would have sucked at his job if he ever let his hair down?
Remember AoA? He totally would have.

>-(;_;)-
>I find myself buying a lot more collected volumes these days. How about you?
Yeah, same here. I also like hunting down floppies to fill in gaps or just because I like those runs that much (I have X-Force/X-Statix in pretty much every format available). I guess it's become more of a hobby nowadays. Like I said, I also have the storytime, which has allowed me to read some stuff I hadn't read before (like Mantlo Alpha Flight).

What exactly is preventing beast from mind wiping them and sending back to the past?

That feel when that pic would be the perfect X-Pic if it weren't for not having Emma.
Honestly hoping for someone who hasn't been around for a while. Wild card choice, Danny Moonstar. But most likely its gonna be Emma.

>- Because, in his best, he ditched Jean for Emma
This. Emma made him into rightclops

He was naive like a child and innocent. Sweet powers. Ridiculous hair. Glad PAD had him in X-Factor

No, I liked him. Also a lot of people hate what they did to him, dropping off the team early, but I liked how they treated him. Like a team dad they saw from time to time.

Yup Emma > Jean.
Jeanie is nice and all but shes nothing compared to the white queen.

Alonso was the one that wanted this to happen, so unless he steps down or they start selling like shit they're not going anywhere.
But yeah, nothing is stopping him. In fact, there are multiple ways to resolve the situation without actually sending them back, but Marvel isn't going to use any of them.

What issues was he in Peter David's run?

>>Do you miss them?
I miss them having good books and I miss Cyclops (not teen cyclops though)

I forget how it went, but I read this awesome theory about how when the OG 5 leaves its gonna be like an instant reset for Jean and she's gonna come back.

I hope they do something cool with her, She's CUTE

>does a mall babe eat chili fries?
Not anymore.

Since it seems Bunn loves continuity (the dark riders, Penance) I bet Sage will be there just because she is obscure enought and Quire because Jason Aaron made him kind of popular.

>That feel when that pic would be the perfect X-Pic if it weren't for not having Emma.
Isn't that Emma behind Wolverine and Psylocke?

She is fishboy from Chuck Austen run, she is going to die.

>Beast (ultimately but he only marginally beats out a shit ton of other x-men)
>Aside what others have said, 80's New Mutants. It makes the perfect follow up team to the original X-men
>Because he might actually be more morally rigid than Captain America
>I didn't think I would, after how they've been franchised, bloated, and constantly rebooted but I do... I really fucking do.

I mean, what's going to happen when there's no more mutants? When they all get shelves for Inhumans and pushed off onto and iceburg? Sure, it solves some problems the franchise has always had but there's culling the herd and then there's shaking the fucking etch-a-sketch.

BEST WAIFU. BEST MUTANT. BEST DEMON SORCERESS. INFERNO IS THE SADDEST X-CROSSOVER.

He joined in Vol. 3 issue 35. He stayed on from there I think.

Anyone here reading New Avengers' current run?

>Who's your favourite X-Men member?
Havok
>What are your favourite stories?
New X-men, PAD X-Factor, Starjammers, Astonishing
>Do you miss them?

I think his treatment came from the fact they didn't know what role he should play. Cyclops was the field leader and Prof. X the visionary/wise one. Banshee was kind of somewhere in between.

> 80's New Mutants
BEST TASTE

Forgot the last two
Cyclops knows best
>Do you miss them?
Absolutely

>Havok
Good lord im so sorry. He hasn't been treated so well of late.

This.
So unbelievably, impossibly, uncannily this.
As much as we love Jean, she was debilitating. Emma empowered.

>Who's your favorite X-Men member?
probably Cable.
>What are your favorite stories?
I don't really have a favorite X-Men story but I enjoyed Cable and X-Force.
He isn't. he's a brash arrogant prick who thinks he's right and doesn't actually do anything in help Mutant/Human relations.
>Do you miss them?
Have to liked something in order to miss it, and the few characters I like aren't going anywhere.

Oh shit yo, best X-Pic right there. It forgets no one. Or at least all the A listers, plus some fun memorable Mutants.

I'm avoiding most Marvel titles. I'm already dropping CA: Steve Rodgers, 3 issues and a Tie-in already? Fuck you Marvel.

>He isn't. he's a brash arrogant prick who thinks he's right and doesn't actually do anything in help Mutant/Human relations.
>>Do you miss them?
>Have to liked something in order to miss it, and the few characters I like aren't going anywhere.
THE GRAND THREAD MASTERS HAVE SPOKEN. THEY SAY, cmon man don' be a prick dude. thats not cool. i mean we're having fun man.

Sammy/Juggernaut was the only non-meme worthy thing to come out of Austen's run.

I liked the recent issue where Ult Reed's AI program basically hijacked all of AIM's defense systems and started having all the turrets try to kill Roberto and he just made a joke about the danger room.

Is that the book with Sunspot, CannonBall and Rogue? is it good?

At least he got killed by something sweet. How many characters get hit with a god damn air plane?

It features almost everyone I'd want to read about (except Magick and Fantomex).

WARLOCK HYPE

Oh fuck no Top tier waifu. It was ruined again.

The New Mutants were so fun.

Yeah, almost makes up for the fact that Sunspot's dying, RIP.

I realize that. I wish he could have his own team. Now that AXIS is over i was hoping he'd have his own brotherhood

No. Not really. They're both fun but Warlock implies Cypher and fuck Doug Ramsey.

>Rogue
She's in uncanny avengers and Cannonball only recently joined as well. It's pretty funny in the "we don't take anything seriously" Nextwave angle. Only problem I have is that the run is ending and the team disbanding and getting a roster change too soon for the US Avengers relaunch. Shit felt too short but man fucking marvel has to have their relaunch every couple of months because they're morons.

>X-OVER.
ftfy

(Honestly, not trying to troll here)

Why Havok?
He's not really impressive in my eyes, they throw him in the books only diehard fans read and his characterization is Rightclops light with a little inferiority complex thrown in.
Plus they keep changing his crappy costumes when the original look was perfect.

WAIT HOLD THE PHONE, Bobby's dead? When and how?
Doug isnt that bad, hes just poor mans male Kitty.

Spiral was way overpowered depending on the situation. Teleporting+ whatever weird magic shit the writer needed. Like when Freedom Force took down both East & West coast Avenger teams.

wut

Im just hoping with no information behind this but, maybe they'll join Uncanny or Extraordinary after. That could dull the pain.

You really think they'll kill him? He has a pretty iconic mutant power look. That's saved lesser mutants from death before. (Blink)

>WAIT HOLD THE PHONE, Bobby's dead? When and how?
He's been dying the entire run because of the disease caused by the terrigen mists. Songbird's Shield double (or is it triple since she pretended to betray AIM for Shield but was working for AIM the entire time?) agent cover was blown because Shield was informed of a Ulysses vision in which she was seen on a TV attending Bobby's funeral and delivering the eulogy.

Of course they could always do some shit like he faked his own funeral to avoid SHIELD since Bobby's been shown to be 4 steps ahead of anyone they've faced up until now. We'll know soon enough.

It won't. The pain train will continue until Marvel decides they want to make comics with real stories again.

I love his powers. I think he is more of the black sheep of the Summers family. He isn't a natural born leader, but given the circumstances he has to step up to the plate and show his potential. He's always going to be in Scott
s shadow and now that he's gone or missing. I think this can be an opportunity for him to do something about it.

Spot's not dead yet, he just has the Terrorgene mist poisoning.

Im crossing my fingers, hes part of the Hellfire Club right? but whatever, if he dies it will probably last about as long as Kurt's death. Actually that would be a cool way to start New Mutants Vol 4.

Wait ignore what I said, I never bothered to check the US Avengers roster and Bobby's there alive and well. I'm an idiot for not noticing him on the cover and only focusing on Red Hulk's new pants. Bobby lives.

I really really hate to be that guy, but doesn't it feel like they White Wash Sunspot a little? like isnt he supposed to be super dark?

Here are the pants in question by the way.

Betsy or Rachel probably
Uncanny X-Force v.1, Messiah CompleX, Lanning's New Mutant run I really liked Age of X, X-Men Legacy from Dark Reign on, Utopia,
X-Cutioner's song, old New Mutants.
He's been molded by his experiences in a way that has given him an incredibly acute sense of direction.
>>Do you miss them?
Yeah, I sorta stopped reading X-books entirely when Bendis got on--despite liking Utopia.

I think his powerset is pretty bitchin, too.
>I think this can be an opportunity for him to do something about it.
>tfw he'll have been the one to deliver it to the Inhumans while posing as Scott.
>mfw AXIS was to have been the first step in Remender's long game to fuck the Inhumans once he got on the X-books

That's a common complaint.

>X-Cutioner's song
I always heard it was super terrible

It's not terrible but it's not good either. 6/10

It's not very good, but it is METUHL AZ FVCK

That user has interesting taste.

LOL:
The Professor killing Evilclops, VULCAN, the pirate Corsair, the time-soldier terrorist Cable, the illegitimate hound daughter Rachel, the bastard son Nate Grey, and Alex Summers...

And "the black sheep" is who?

Y-you too...

Truly Patrician taste.

HE ABSORBED A FUCKING STAR AND SHOT IT AT SOMEONE. memes aside if you want a good series about him, Read Havok and Wolverine : Meltdown.

Okay, so I always see shit with cyclops being a villain. What series was that, and is it worth reading?