Once again, Kelly does it

Once again, Kelly does it

As a hard working lower class in my 20s its true

Middle class babies whining about their useless diploma or degree is annoying and I hear it everyday during my fulltime job cleaning and serving after them

Just get a fucking job holy shit not everyone can work at an office doing nothing and getting fat paychecks

You gotta work for it and make sacrifices

>The second most prominantly displayed "Honest Working Folk" is a prostitute

Kelly being unironically right
Kelly, you've done it again!

Bon-Bons

Kelly is always right.

You saying that prostitutes aren't honest and hard-working?

>Agreeing with a Kelly comic

Might just want to off yourself now and get it over with.

Of course not, I'm just amused at his choice of who to display at the front of America's working class.

>Participation trophies
>Boot-straps in the trash

Okay that was pretty fucking great.

We may hopefully start seeing a reverse to the trend of low paying jobs and climbing debt.

It's not much, but some companies offer to pay your loans while you're employed over a certain amount of years. You know, increasing potential worker loyalty.

>Not agreeing with Kelly
Sicko please go.

Does America have Fringe Benefit Taxes?
Cause that seems like an inefficient way to do it.

>Just get a fucking job holy shit
There are literally more people than jobs to be done. It's been that way for decades and will only continue to intensify as technology advances.

>He doesn't agree with Kelly
He's right 99.99% of the time.
Especially with that one about tights.

McDonald's doesn't count.

>It's been that way for decades and will only continue to intensify as technology advances.

Yup, thanks to all those damn robbits.

So, what happened in '74?

Automation might make the issue worse.

I don't think so, at least I've never heard of that.

Financial reform for student debt is anything but efficient. Companies paying student loans is only a recent development, and it's not practiced widely. Other people say taking out loans when interest rates are lower (because it's fixed) is good, but that only amounts to a thousand or so in savings.

So right student debt sits at about $1.3 trillion. Tuition rates still go up ever year and most students graduate with about. . . $36,000 in student loan debt.

If you land a career job, then you might only have to worry about that amount for 10 ish years. If you face difficulty, there are plenty of repayment programs, but they can extend the life of the debt by years.

>bonbons bowl

Automation boomed. No need to hire as many people or pay them as much when a machine can do the same job for cheaper and without ever complaining.

can i vote for Kelly for president?

>Automation might make the issue worse.
That's what I was saying. The labor surplus/job defecit is a direct result of automation.

That pic is, unironically, me.

Rather I should stay, students graduate with an average amount of that debt. There are of course lower and higher figures.

Big issues facing a lot of people are not exactly job availability, but low paying work. Unemployment went down yes, but people have been mostly working minimum wage or average paying jobs. And since there hasn't been an increase to the minimum wage in like, 7 years, most can't support themselves, pay loans, and live on their own. Didn't used to be that way.

>Automation might make the issue worse.
Yes because machines don't need repairs or programing, study something useful retard.

I don't get these threads.

Are they ironic or serious?

The relentless march of technology

Computerisation

You could program robotics to do things, meaning you didn't need a man behind every machine

>I don't think so, at least I've never heard of that.
They should exist in some form.
FBT's basically mean a business can't give the employee lower salary, then just give them shitloads of gifts pay off your house, get you a car etc and thereby escaping taxation.

But everything should be cheaper because of our robot servants!

The amount of people needed to maintain/build machines is insignificant next to the amount of people machines will replace. I say that as someone who works in AI development; I've come to term with the fact that my research will directly put others out of the job.

More men should prostitute themselves

>not everyone can work at an office doing nothing and getting fat paychecks

I am. Didn't even need to apply. Nepotism is great.

>There are literally more people than jobs to be done.

THen maybe it's time you retarded millennials stop advocating for open borders.

Everything is cheaper, but the polarization of wealth in the US is more than it ever has been in the past.

>I will use this as an excuse to be racist
Never change Sup Forums

Who cares? Machine learning is slowly becoming a thing. Not everyone is going to study "robot repair," assuming we get to that point.

Automation is a problem if it's adopted on a massive scale. Where every basic job can (and will) be done by a machine. So lots of entry level work suddenly disappears. And then there's no one making the money to pay for the products the automated machines produce.

That's when it becomes a problem. Assuming companies aren't stupid enough to suddenly replace every warm body with a mechanical one in a short term.

Kelly is ironic. But the people who agree with his comics are probably just dumbasses

>Hurr, there's more people than jobs!

>I know, let's bring over even more people!

>There are literally more people than good jobs*

Corrected. There are plenty of fruit picking jobs. Problem is those are back breaking miserable conditions to work in unless you've got nothing to lose.

Holy shit, you mongoloids are unironically talking about automation? Automation would just open up new service industries.

No, the real culprit is outsourcing. When a company that sells their product here in the US of A has multiple factories in China and Taiwan, where the cost to them is negligible, but they're making like 500% profit, and it's all legal and shit? That's the problem.

If you were born in between 1980 and 2000 you're a millennial you fucktard

As far as I know about certain employers helping to pay loans, they don't lower salary to do so. So the salary is the same and they pay the loan directly, depending. The other stuff sounds great though, but I don't think many American corporations are so benevolent.

>If you're 36 you're a millennial.

It fits with the loose Kelly lore going on, he's shown himself using their services many times, like how he's a whisky man.

Isn't prostitution illegal in most of the US?

Yes. So?

Stop drawing prostitutes, Kelly. I can only masturbate so much.

Seriously, the day Kelly draws the Statue of Liberty as a prostitute I will orgasm so hard that I'll die.

I wanna party with reefer lady.

>all this bullshit about computerization robots taking over and jobs not existing
>tfw you come from venezuela where jobs and food don't exist, and in America there's literally no such thing as job instability, you can literally get a job doing anything and live comfortably from even minimum wage

I've been working between call centers and warehouse gigs and been moving up little odd jobs here and there and they all pay minimum or close to minimum wage, and I'm living comfortably on my own in a hotel with included commodities, can afford my own phone internet to work online, can afford expensive art books, videogames, and fucking anime figures, and even if I slouch off at work there is literally an infinite amount of jobs all around

To be honest americans have nobody to blame but themselves, they're beyond lazy and expect too much. Don't over commit into the university or trade school memes if it isn't something you want to do passionately, just grunge out.

And some cops get pissy if you sell lemonade without a permit, are you going to let some commie "laws" get in the well oiled gears of capitalism?

please stop posting. you're giving retarded people a bad name.

Not quite correct, but close.

1945 1965 - Baby Boomer Generation
1965 1980 - Generation X
1980 1995 - Generation Y / The Millennials
1995 2015 - Generation Z

He's actually not that far off.

"Millenials" doesn't mean people who grew up around 2000, it was people who experienced their youth around 2000.

>just get a job
OH IS THAT THE SECRET
HOLY SHIT I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG FOR ALMOST A YEAR, I'VE BEEN APPLYING TO JOBS AND DOING INTERVIEWS AND FOLLOWING UP
I SHOULD HAVE JUST LIKE GOT JOB
t. attempted degree-haver who did not take out a loan and is just pissed off by this attitude in general

>affording anime figures on minimum wage
>he thinks bootlegs count as anime figures

>ITT: people not getting the joke or taking it too seriously.
It's like people on the internet can't understand satire.

>crying hooker
>flame of liberty is extinguished
Wonderful!

Is this nigga mocking bonbons?

>Don't over commit into the university or trade school memes if it isn't something you want to do passionately, just grunge out.

This is what really needs to be taught now. I went to college because it was presented as the only viable option solely on student+financial loans, crashed and burned (part my fault, part outside factors) and am now trying to pick myself back up working shit jobs. And honestly, I was doing fine during the loans' grace period aside from spots of extra unexpected costs but now I'm struggling and need to pick up a better/second job.

But I'm still not on food stamps at least. Part of it might be that people are stuck in higher income areas, too, moving can be expensive.

One of those comics where Kelly is kind of right.

Not wanting a flood of useless immigrants =\= racist

Is it racist to look after your own countrymen first? People complain about job security then welcome hordes of welfare seeking and minimum wage lowering immigrants I don't get it

Have you applied to work at your local garbage place?

>Taking student loans
>falling for the college with the better sports team meme
lol

Move to Australia, work shit jobs there instead

Sexualized Lady Liberty is one of my fetishes, especially when combined with my other fetishes.

Yea, I totally had it easy growing up with a single mother on welfare and McDonalds jobs when she did have work, and three other siblings to feed. Totally middle class right there. I got my A.S. in I.T. and just started a great new job at Family Dollar because there are no computer jobs where I live, I can't afford a car, and I'm 37k in debt from college so I can't continue and get a bachelors.

Oh and I turn 29 tomorrow. So I'm not some dude in his late teens. Don't generalize.

Countries don't exist, border are imaginary. Anyone has as the right to look for stability as much as you do.
Not to mention immigrants boost the economy to begin with.

The second best Kelly comics are ones that take a valid viewpoint and twist it to a hilarious, unrealistic extreme, like telling those in debt to literally whore themselves out.

The best are obviously small gripes about his miserable daily life.

I don't think they're hiring
I have applied to a job where the responsibilities include pushing carts and cleaning up, including cleaning bathrooms; I'm pretty sure I applied to two of those, and neither of them even gave me a call back

>I got my A.S. in I.T. and just started a great new job at Family Dollar because there are no computer jobs where I live, I can't afford a car, and I'm 37k in debt from college so I can't continue and get a bachelors.
Perhaps you should have checked what the job market was like in your area before choosing a major. Additionally, gone to a community college because the money it would have cost to get your currently-useless degree would have been a fraction of what you paid.

Damn. Sanitation is usually looking for people, since there are a shitload of people who consider it 'beneath them'

>Countries don't exist, border are imaginary.
Say that to law enforcement when they come to pick you up for trespassing on someone else's property.

because your most likely overqualified
they want someone who is going to stay there the rest of their lives happy to have a paying job
not a college grad who will leave the second a better opportunity rolls around

Are Walmart or similar stores seriously not hiring? Those have an incredibly high turnaround rate so they're always looking for new employees.

>being this deluded
>muh globalist view

I am not the same as some drain on society who wants to preserve his fucked up culture and subsist on welfare with the millions of others just like me who will also come

Long term yeah immigration can be good but not in huge waves all at once it's too hard to integrate and make them productive

Also cultures and borders exist for a reason I suggest you get used to it liberal

Private property exist, people paid fo it, governments didn't.

Famalam, the only bootleg I have is my yoko figure.

Look at this, bruv, literal hundreds of dollars on 8 to 9 dollars an hour since february.

You fuckers don't know how much opulence you can live in compared to the rest of the world.

>labeling the bon bons

I grew up poor too dude. I just got my A.S. in IT, and I'm about to turn 32. There's really no jobs in my area, so I'm looking all over the country. I'll go where the work is. I have no debt, since I didn't spend 37K on a fucking Associates, I went to a community college.

WHY in the fuck did you go to a real college for an Associates degree? Why not get your A.S. at a CC, then transfer and finish your last two years at the expensive college for the B.A.? You did this to yourself.

>hot air is the enemy

One, I did go to a community college; had to take the loans to live because I went back to college since I was unemployed and was not getting interviews. Figured it was better than sitting on my ass all day.

Two, the area I was in when I was going to college had plenty of opportunity, and I even did pick up some IT work down there. But then one company closed down and one company screwed me over in a breach of contract and I ended up having to move back home due to lack of funds. Which has no PC jobs.

Finally, three....I went for an I.T. degree because I was good with computers and I figured I could make money off it. I didn't give a shit about college itself or have any particular passion for it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stay in a shit retail job or in poverty all my life. Sadly no matter how much I seem to struggle, that seems to be my fate.

Also yea, I did do it to myself. I'll own that responsibility; should never have taken the loans. Point is not everyone who has a degree is some middle class whiner complaining just because; there are others like you and I who are in poverty and struggling as well.

You know, i find it funny how we're still allowed to joke about Russian and Italian stereotypes like that, but not jewish ones

ROLL DAMN TIDE

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS

>manstream media hot air is the enemy.
FTFY.

Remember when we used to be able to have Kelly threads without people unironically agreeing with him?

We have fallen from glory.

>WHY in the fuck did you go to a real college for an Associates degree? Why not get your A.S. at a CC, then transfer and finish your last two years at the expensive college for the B.A.? You did this to yourself.

Why did he do the thing that literally everyone tells 18 year old children to do? Gee whiz, who knows!

Remember, companies would rather buy a worse worker that demanded less pay and never complained than you.

And if all the blue collar works gets cut out, every idiot, woman and fresh out of school child will sign up for the other jobs, which means the quality sought in said jobs will decrease and possibly you will get kicked out for miguel who knows a few lines in python.

Don't play stupid user. They say to go to college, they don't say "Find the most expensive option and throw yourself deeply in debt!" Stop blaming society because you don't do your fucking research.

The discussion they cause is the best part of Kellys IMO

>that time where we BTFO anti-Nuclear power fags
good times

Honestly I figured that with a degree I'd be making at least 40k a year and could afford to pay like 10-15k a year and have it all paid down quick, since I don't have kids or a family or anything like that.

But even the IT jobs I had with my degree and A+ cert only paid 26k a year. Which didn't help when I didn't even get to work there for a year because it shut down.

interest rate hikes after Nixon destroyed the Breton-Woods system, along with the oil crisis. The system was set up to recycle US surpluses back into other industrialized parts of the world, but then the costs of the Vietnam war caused an international bank run on dollar-backed-gold, and Nixon said "fuck you" and ended it. Now the US takes the rest of the worlds surpluses and destroys it.

>Just get a fucking job

HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING

I SHOULD JUST GO FIND THESE JOBS THAT ARE GROWING ON JOB TREES AND SHAKE ONE DOWN UNTIL I HAVE IT

BASED user SOLVING ALL THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS, THANK YOU BASED ANo it's just easier to call you a fucking idiot.

do not bully the robots

>Pursuing a degree in robotics engineering
>My job is to take job security away from others

Sure, when they don't take over 50% of americans jobs we'll stop.

And that's not counting out the unemployed americans in the other circle that the robots wont do anything too.

Solar power + wind are gonna be even cheaper in a year or so. Who gives a shit about nuclear, anymore?

if they're unemployed why don't they just date the robots making money

robots need love too

>A+ cert
>40K a year
user, A+ cert is saying you are an entry-level tech. You are Geek Squad level. You need something more to get higher pay.

Get your CCENT and then CCNA. Buy a textbook, don't take a class. You can do everything you need in PacketTracer, you don't need to spend more money to sit around and be treated like a mook.

Or go Security+, MCSA/MCSE, or something else that tells employers you aren't basic tech support.

That's what I'm working on. I got my A.S., A+, and years of experience, and I figure that will get me a job that makes about 25K, which is 5K more than I was making as a Janitor. I need more certs if I wanna go higher, and so do you.