Is fillmore the closest thing we got to a animated crime show?

Is fillmore the closest thing we got to a animated crime show?

is there anything else in the same league?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qip-ECM2YOI
youtube.com/watch?v=a4yWgyxt8rc
youtube.com/watch?v=3qN2bGy_L5M
youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spicy City

Nothing is in the same league as Filmore

This is apparent from the moment in the opening where the bike goes over a cliff.

I don't think there IS any other cartoon that fits into the same crime genre as filmore, now that I think about it.
filmore was my shit but I think it would be interesting to see a show like that made nowadays. It'd be something different at least

I mean its Sup Forums but Case Closed/Detective Conan was pretty awesome. I remember watching it on Adult Swim as a kid and the first episode I ever watched introduced me to rigor mortis and scorch marks from self inflicted bullet wounds and how both of those things can give away a murder set up to look like suicide. People die all the time but its really fun, especially the episodes with the Junior Detective League.

As far as Sup Forums crime shows though they usually seem to just be one off episodes where they parody noir elements... It's a shame, really.

has he found a cure for being a child yet? there's like 800 episodes and at this rate he should've just looped back into being an adult

The creator of the comic said he already knows what the ending is and it's supposed to end and keeps dropping hints about how the leader of the black organization is someone we've seen and possibly in child form like Conan/Shinichi

I haven't gotten that far into it to be honest because I started watching it with my little brother and we got through the first 118 episodes I think it was that were dubbed. I know he probably gets turned back into an adult several times throughout the series but nope still a kid and he's met another person who the poison also shrunk. I believe she is the one who developed it or had a role in it and she seems to be a regular character.

Fish Police
youtube.com/watch?v=qip-ECM2YOI

And the radio skit with the same name
youtube.com/watch?v=a4yWgyxt8rc

Would you?

the goth girl detective made my elementary school dick feel funny

He's been a child for like 20 years now

>I think we're being watched
>Judging by the glaring lack of fanmail, I beg to differ!

Detective Conan is in a tough spot for TV. It's aimed at, like, nine year olds in Japan but is too graphic for American kids that age. Yet it's too immature for Adult Swim/modern Toonami.

I wish Disney would air reruns of Fillmore. It's so good. It's one of those kids shows that you truly appreciate once you're older.

Doesn't it have like almost 1000 episodes? How do you come up with 1000 different murder stories in a single series?

Not every episode is a murder. And plenty of multi-part episodes.

Still it's a lot of murder though.

Does it become less murder-centric later on? I have only ever watched the ~100 episodes that were dubbed and then endlessly replayed on Adult Swim like 14 years ago and from what I recall it was pretty much all murders and like one or two "conspiracy" episodes.

Will Filmore hold up to my vague memories from about a decade ago if I go back and watch it now? I remember it being amazing.

Me and my friend watched an episode or two a couple weeks ago.

It's fucking disco.

>It's aimed at, like, nine year olds in Japan but is too graphic for American kids that age. Yet it's too immature for Adult Swim/modern Toonami.

That's dumb reasoning on their part, because I'm 32 and loved the short Toonami run it had.

>late 90's and early 2000's fascination with goth chicks.

They instilled a fetish into a whole fucking generation.

I don't know if I'd call it "amazing".

I rewatched it last year and it was "good", but not "great". The episodes got formulaic a bit faster than I expected, but I'd still give it a 4 outta 5.

I started watching it again recently.
I think I like it more now, maybe just because I get more of the references then I did as a kid.

>purple dick sucking lips
muh

Fillmore is probably one of the few shows in television history where you could legitimately criticize it for being too smart.

It don't know how any kid was supposed to get half of the references that were flying in every direction in this show.

It's so fucking good though.

goth girls are shit

Your doctor write "W.C" in your prescriptions.

CSI, Sherlock Holmes adaptations, and Law And Order fair well. I expect a lot of repeats.

She's not goth. Ingrid is just very pale and likes black clothes.

>That Chinatown spoof
>That Silence of the Lambs spoof

Fillmore deserved a much longer run.

That show is so amazing. Never played the games.

So? So has Franklin Richards.

I don't know if they censored anything, but I remember they regularly aired it on German afternoon tv.

the show was already censored from the books that had straight up gore.

You'd know something about that from experience, yeah?

Aw shit nigga.
There is only one truth!
youtube.com/watch?v=3qN2bGy_L5M

Not Sup Forums, but if you like Filmore, try Brick. It's a live action film set in highschool, the plot looking like something ripped from a Noir Film and the characters keep combining school with the crime. It's kind of great.

To be honest, I headcanon that this is what it's like for the kids as they grow older in high school and remain in the monitoring business. The principal makes a point that the younger ones do not take on the badder cases as she does not want to ruin the kids' innocence.

It wasn't really on purpose, they just wanted to reflect what teenagers were like and there were lots of black-wearing angst kids at that time due to Marilyn Manson and then nu metal

I'm surprised Pan hasn't reviewed it.

I'd argue that it doesn't matter as the jokes work whether you get the reference or not, though it missed the boat of cross demographics being pushed a goal, not an argument for cancellation.

Assassination of a High School President is in a similar vein to Brick. Film Noire set in high school.

That movie was just so over-the-top, with that horrible dialogue and everything. It really was just like a cartoon. It had moments of coolness but it really started to piss me off after a while. I liked the director's sci-fi movie a lot more which I already forgot the name of.

Wrong. Brick is kino.

I thought that was what gave it's charm. It was so over the top and noir like, then you realized that these were kids.

>Nobody remembers Fish police

For Sup Forums, probably. Overall, there's been more
>Detective Conan
>Death Note
>Psycho Pass
>Clamp School Detectives
>You're Under Arrest
>Active Raid
This is just off the top of my head

god shes hot

its all good, also read the original comics too

I'm of the opinion that this is one of the best police procedurals regardless of medium. It's fantastic, you could take any of the scripts and set them in an urban precinct and you'd still have a pacy, tight drama.

not a cartoon series but Zootopia is basically a buddy cop movie and the set up from that movie would be great for a spin off cartoon series following the ZPD officers daily basis.

those are as much crime shows as Inspector Gadget is one

been meaning to watch this after that soulbrotha vid.

this show was fucking huge in the 90's here in latinoamerica, we get a pretty good dub for it but the dub stop at a crucial point and it never gets completed, last year they finally started dubbing where the series, everybody hyped for finally seeing the what happens after we were left off in an eternal hiatus.
Well fuck that whoever who is dubbing the series right now didn't get anyone from the original dubbing crew and the new actors don't even make an effort into sound like the old voices.

Isn't Germany extremely heavy when it comes to censoring violence? Conan was probably censored to bits

Always found it funny how X Middle School literally had everything. The funding it had and the number of students and normal staff they would've needed to support itself must be insane.

And the safety patrol seems to just be 3 sets of partners and a crime lab...

youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
best scene

Amy/Ami?

what about archer

>latinoamerica
Do people still talk about CdZ? I remember that being popular

I think I hit on the reason people like Fillmore. It's not that it's an exceptionally good crime show. It's solid, but not AMAZING. It's that it capitalizes on everything people like about police procedurals - relatable office politics with quippier writing than you could pull off in real life, mysteries (and their tidy resolutions) with just a hint of moral ambiguity, chase scenes - without having the fact that your entertainment is based on the lightly fictionalized suffering of other people hanging over your head. I can't watch L&O and SVU not just because the main characters are jerks but also because you just know that half the episodes are pulled from the headlines (meaning actual people actually went through that shit). But finding the guy who tagged the bathroom stalls is guilt-free viewing.

daily reminder Stainless did NOTHING wrong and procurement was corrupt from the start

>archer
it's not really a crime show.

wouldn't mind the same style and comedy but be about crime instead of espionage

I also feel like one of the things that doesn't get a lot of credit is that they portrayed the platonic relationship between Ingrid & Fillmore perfectly.

No bullshit forced romance, no angsty drama, just two great friends who enjoy working together.

It also manages a great cast diversity without getting into the hamfisted tokenism or stereotyping that plagues so much media today.

Damn, I forgot Ingrid was voiced by Tara Strong

Would MIB count as a crime show or a buddy cop show?

would watch

Yes.

not anymore, at least in Argentina. No one bothered to bring the new series either.