Should I watch it tonight?

Should I watch it tonight?

It's three goddamn hours but I have the time. I'm really not into any of the MCU movies and I don't remember MoS very well but I'd like to see what all the fuss is about and maybe see some live action interpretations of Diana, Lex, etc.

What were your final thoughts on this pipebomb of discourse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
thetalkhouse.com/an-alienating-jarring-ironic-fever-dream-in-defense-of-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It definitely redeemed the theatrical cut for me, but it's still a decent 7 at best.

If you have nothing better to do, then sure.

You're better off watching the ultimate cut and forming your own opinion. Don't let the baiters dissuade you.

Oh I've never seen BvS in any form and I plan on watching the three hour Ultimate Cut or whatever tonight if I wasn't clear on that.

Watch it the UE does a much better job fleshing out things such as Superman's reason for hating Batman

Worth it just for the Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter teases

>tfw warcraft deserved a director's cut way more than this garbage fire

the movie it worth it just for wonder woman's fucking kickass theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

>That scene of Jon Stewart roasting Superman

Ultimate cut is the only one I've seen.

It's really goddamn bad. I didn't like MoS but BvS made it look like a masterpiece.

It drags on, motivations for almost everyone are paper thin and somehow even the fighting scenes aren't particularly good. I honestly think the actual Batman vs Superman fight is the single worst action scene in Snyder's career.

You'll end up thinking the movie is an excellent
unique superhero movie or that Snyder is completely full of himself and that the character motivations aren't explicitly clear.
Both are right.

not sure if it improved the theatrical but it's shit, 3/10 at best

It's worse than I remember

I really love the movie user, but form your own opinion.

I love the movie but it is divisive as hell. I can't say to you because you might love it or hate it, and then the next time when we talk with each other here about it we might be calling each other faggots over it.

I personally fucking love it but it gets WAY overused in the movie.

This sounds like bossfight music for some shitty video game which really fits this movie's brain dead manchild style perfectly.

I still need to watch the Ultimate Edition. I don't get the hate for the movie at times, but "I GOTTA SAVE MARTHA" came out of nowhere. Clark finds out Batman's identity in the UE right?

I liked the theatrical release well enough and I thought the Ultimate Edition was great.

Clark found out Batman's identity in the Theatrical Cut too.

>mfw Junkie XL name showed up on the credits
There's virtually nothing about this movie that wasn't crap

I watched it for the first time earlier this week with a friend, the extended version. Never even seen so much as a trailer before that.

There are small things that are good, tiny blips of proper characterization and nods to comics that make you wish they'd fleshed it out some instead of what they ended up doing instead. Most of it is ridiculous and bad, though

From what I've heard over these past several months, though, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I don't know what was included in the theatrical cut and what wasn't, so that could be part of it?

I don't get how people can love this movie. Does all a movie need is have superman and batman in it for you to love it? On every level the movie is terrible it is barely coherant as a plot based movie and the over the top jesus symbolism is something a teenager would write.

Maybe it's more like how i can like some terrible music. I know it is poorly written and proformed but i enjoy it anyway. talking about The Moldy Peaches if you want to hear what i mean by terrible music

Here's a good review of it.

>thetalkhouse.com/an-alienating-jarring-ironic-fever-dream-in-defense-of-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

>We’ve always had it that superhero stories are our modern myths, but lately there’s been something more directly religious, an outbreak of fundamentalism around Batman and Superman, an idea that their qualities and heroism are fixed absolutes. Wondering what 700 people were doing in a NYC movie theater at 2 a.m., this movie felt like a church service taken over by a heretical priest, and I had my faith shaken. I had to reckon with the fact that I had unquestionably known that this was a bad movie – until I saw it. We always need time to truly understand these things, though, and I might even someday think of this as a great movie, as alone as that would make me. The only way to know how I felt about Batman v Superman was to shut out the flood of discursive, ever-present information and expertise with which we discuss movies now, and focus on what I’d seen.

>So what did I see in Batman v Superman? An onslaught of eccentric paradoxes and muscular visual grandeur. Snyder is a fetish filmmaker in an age of coverage gatherers. You can tell his filmmaking comes alive more when he’s filming a movie star’s body doing a workout than a CGI battle. A mid-movie dream sequence is so out-of-the-blue batshit and offers such insane vision and off-brand-ness that I wondered if it wasn’t a sly suggestion that this is what we could be doing with genre movies if they weren’t so devout to nostalgia. There is signifier upon signifier open for multiple contradictory interpretations, and Snyder does keep insisting all his work has elements of irony (maybe it wasn’t so crazy that I laughed my ass off at the ludicrous 300).

Just finished watching the directors cut, i liked it a lot better. The Trinity fight and the Batman warehouse fight are still the highlights.

Thought the theatrical was really choppy. Loved the Ultimate Edition. Take a moment to sit and watch the Ultimate Edition. WB/DC should burn every copy of the theatrical.