Shelf/New Purchases/Buyfag thread

no thread in catalog, no surprise cuz Sup Forums doesn't buy comics. prove me wrong

recently get something?
show off your shit, judge other people's stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Suicide-Squad-Silver-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1401263437/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1470105506&sr=1-1&keywords=suicide squad silver age
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am saving money before a convention I am planning on going to do so it is just stuff on pull list and this for me recently.

Looks like Amazon cancelled the bronze age supergirl omnibus that they mistakenly solicited as a tp

Shelves post purge

Nice shelves

What's the brand?

I was considering grabbing the first Dixon Nightwing trade with a B&N coupon I got, but decided I'd order the first volume of Rucka's Wonder Woman for the missus instead. I hope she enjoys it.

Here are my recent grabs! Uncanny x-Men Omnibus Vol. 1, GotG by DnA Omnibus, and Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection 1+2 are on the way!

Anyone know if the newer printing of 52 that came out recently contains the "History of the DC Universe" backups and character origins from the issues, or does it just reprint the original trades?

If the former, I want to upgrade.

I've never posted my shelves in a shelf thread, but I can take some pics tomorrow maybe.

The black one is just the most standard Ikea thing I forget the name of it, the other one has been in the family for a long time, no idea.

DC are really stretching it calling this an omnibus

amazon.ca/Suicide-Squad-Silver-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1401263437/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1470105506&sr=1-1&keywords=suicide squad silver age

Most recent purchase. Received last Thursday.

>Machine Man
Very fun late-70's Kirby. Inspector Gadget with Robocop's identity crisis. Silver-age wacky with bronze age character pathos. Haven't read any of the later Ditko issues.

>Cerebus - Women / Reads
Just finished Women about ten minutes ago. Feels like the escalation I've been expecting since Church & State. As much as I enjoyed Jaka's Story and Melmoth, the pace of the story at this point is almost unsettlingly fast after the plodding introspection and character work of those two volumes. I'm excited to finally get the proper context on those notorious "Reads" issues.

>This week
>Rachel Rising Omnibus HC
>Superman/Dark Horse TPB
>Kubert Tarzan Omnibus TPB

The amazon listing says it has bonus material after every issue, and I think I've seen somewhere else that the backups are included.

>160 pages
>omnibus

top kek

Unfortunately I didn't win the auction for this. But I rest better knowing I made some other poor sap pay through the nose.

Thanks. The originals have commentary from Waid/Johns/Morrison/Rucka/Giffen after every issue, but not the backups. I'll have to keep digging for info. Seems like no one bought the new printing/is talking about it.

Finished up with my last lingering DCYou purchases to keep my collection visually consistent. Bring on the new logo!

always fun but 50 bucks screw that.

picked this up on ebay for my slipcase

I need a bigger bookshelf, this one's all full.

The winning bid was $125.

Honestly I would love a clean image of the design so I could just have one made.

I've flipped through the new ones at my LCS. They've got some sketches and stuff, but neither the backups nor the commentary.

Some new stuff popped up on Amazon.Here's what im excited for.
Batman & the Outsiders Vol. 1
Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus
Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One
and
Justice League: Breakdowns Book One
Looks like those emails i sent dc asking them to reprint JLI finally paid off.

God damn it, DC. Thanks for the confirmation.

Anybody read the second TPB of Geoff Johns run on the flash? Loved the first one was wondering if quality stayed consistent.

was fifty when i posted the link to the auction in the last thread. but a hundred twenty five bucks shit!

>Batman & the Outsiders Vol. 1
Yeah that's nice. It's like DC finally got tired of just reprinting the same 10 Batman collections and decided to branch out to the Jim Aparo and Norm Breyforgle stuff

The backups are included but not the commentary ater each issue like in the 4 vol trades.... so I'm the exact opposite as you, all i want is the page about the week's process behind the scenes

Yeah its good, even better i'd say

Just as a follow up to this, what I'm doing is just reading the commentary from torrent downloads after every issue, the story is too good to dwell on the extra stuff

And I picked up this ROM Variant last week, love the cover

I don't blame them, get that moviefag dosh

Been on a Rick Remender kick lately and loving it

>Remender

It's ok i have a grip of $$$

>floppies in general
>snotgirl
>Bendis Ironman
>nu-Hellblazer
>spidergwen
Your shelves good but don't post that other shit

Your collection hasn't grown much since the last time hasn't it?
also
>pops

Nice I think we may be the two people on Sup Forums who read House of Penance

I agree on Iron man
But Gwen has symbiote cumming up.
Do I have bad taste for likeing o'malleys
Art

It's good but alan moore did it better in swamp thing but the art of penance is better

The Winchester House is cool enough to have two good comics about it. Yeah Ian Bertram is killer

>Cthulhu Pop
I like it. Maybe we'll get a Great Race of Yith or an Old One someday.

>Cromartie High
>Valve Presents: The Sacrifice
Both good choices. How much of the Valve stories feature Saxton Hale?

I wasn't sure if I'd like Deadly Class, but I was wrong, and think this might be one of the better comics I've found through Sup Forums. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Omnibus was a bit of a drag, but Steranko was a marked improvement, especially over Stan Lee's less than stellar writing. The super-science aspects of the stories were nice, though.

Deadly Class is fantastic

I did not like how to talk to girls

yeah it was pretty disappointing
worst book of the lot I picked up by far

Not #triggered just LOLing at your bad taste

yeah but it's the only "good" thing he's done.

Meh

This month I'm getting:
One Piece 79
Attack on Titan 9
Hellblazer 2
Preacher 1

I think that'll do.

>attack on titan

Make me.

>he likes attack on titan

Your mems will do nothing to change this.

Just came in the mail:

Howard the Duck omnibus.
Saga v1
Mind MGMT v2
The Boys v3
Sunstone v1
Uncle Sam Deluxe hc
Mystique ultimate collection 1
Chas the Knowledge
Clumsy
Cornboy

Not mine, but pic related.

>Saga v1
Money wasted, boy.
>Sunstone v1
Mmm, latex.

If you're gonna buy overrated manga, JoJo Part 2's last book is coming out this week. Just get that.

I have no clue why you think you're able to dictate what other people buy.

>Money wasted, boy.

At least I got a sweat deal on the Howard omni.

Has anyone here ever gotten their individual issues bound before? I'm really curious about it.

I'm going to do a big clean out of my shelves either this weekend or next so I can actually get these up on them, but here's my purchases from the last couple of weeks.

Lumberjanes is one of the worst things I've ever read, by the way. Utterly insufferable. Lured into it since there's a Gotham Academy crossover, and Gotham Academy is ace.

>Batman:Going Sane
Shit,that has a paper back?How is it, i've always wanted to read it.

I love it

I got The Question 1-36, Annuals 1-2, and Quarterly 1-5 in single issues.
Fuck paying $100 for the first TPB.

I've got that complete Lovecraft book. It's a nice package.

I brought
>the phantom 1756-1758
>Australian mad 498

The super thriller annual 1958 is not a comic but fuck you its an antique and i want to show off my find /lit/ sure as hell would not apreciate it.

Is all of giffen/dematteis JLI collected now?

I recently bought The Killing Joke, and also some Thorgal books.
I read them years and years ago, almost forget how great they were.

bump

those new mignola trade spines highers my blood pressure

Some stuff I got. I think there's also some Copra and Revenger in the mail headed my way too.

>Andrew Loomis
>'Art Of' books
my dude

this is easily one of the top 3 MM&O stories

For some reason I'm just learning about Bone: Coda. Am I imagining things or was it stated somewhere Smith said the Bone Cousins never made it back to Boneville?

all 3 Godland Celestial Editions are on their way. will get 1 tomorrow, the rest due in 1-2 weeks (ordered from overseas)

I was going to get those until I saw they were glue binded

I'm going to be extra-careful then

buying things blind was your first mkistake, but what possessed you to buy lumberjanes>

How much did they cost all together?

about $90
all mostly NM/VF

I fucking loved Gotham Academy, and saw there was a crossover, and figured I'd read Lumberjanes itself before reading that.

I made a huge mistake.

Got these today, store didn't have the last 3 of Y: The Last Man.

My birthday treat to myself this year. You cant go wrong with the first appearance of the Green Goblin. This issue will always have high demand. Got lucky my store just got it in from a collection purchase, and I got first dibs as I am a loyal, well paying customer.

too much teen shit

> be between jobs
> have problems with apartment and personal issues
> have to move back with family
> have to pack up all my books and figures and put them into storage
shit sucks

But I like teen shit.

"between jobs" is such a quaint, polite phrase. people are still looking down on you when you us it user.

That Hitchcock quote isn't even his.

could be worse, at least you don't have to sell them

shit taste

always pirate the first couple issues of something you're thinking of blind buying, user, just to avoid this kind of blunder. Its not like lumberjanes is old or obscure, the torrents are right there for you to download.

If you're not a teen, then you're an infantile manchild, and should be ashamed

>Hey user, you collect a lot of toys and anime stuff, right?
>Yeah, why do you ask?
>Do you have one of those big, expensive pillows? You know, the ones that have girls on 'em?
>Well...

and here I was thinking it'd be easier to just post this straight from my phone.

Take a look at my ghetto diy shelf reinforcement
Hopefully this bitch won't give anymore