The first episode of Daria is on MTV Classic RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

The first episode of Daria is on MTV Classic RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

DARIA THREAD! LET'S GO!

La la la la la...

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Daria/Season-01-Episode-01-Esteemers?id=16729
articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/12/entertainment/la-et-ct-mtv-susanne-daniels-20121112
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Daria/Season-01-Episode-01-Esteemers?id=16729

Look at that, no effort and no shitty commercials. And no more having to watch the cancer that is MTV.

the fuck is mtv classic?

anyway i periodically binge all of daria so I should be able to keep up with you guys just fine.. let's see.. first episode..
>Daria still has a few vestiges of that creepy smile of making other people uncomfortable from the pilot animatic
>Um... a herd of beautiful wild ponies running free across the plains
>that speech at the end, Jane fucking rocked it

Best season one episode is the misery chick.

>MTV Classic

does that show music videos
i haven't had cable in years so i'm just wondering
also you could just watch daria whenever, op

>no effort and no shitty commercials.
>picking the streaming site that requires the most effort to get around its anti-adblock shit
cmon man. do you even watchcartoononline or toonova? Hell, i THINK it's on youtube

Is the original music in those episodes?

>you could just watch daria whenever
I miss when people could sorta watch things TOGETHER, yknow? as a group. as a family. Remember? We have lost something, for sure. Though we've gained something too.

Or you could just download it once, throw it in a plex server and be on your way. Or just use an an xmbc box and stream it whenever. Granted that's not as immediately simple, but way more convenient in the long run.

Fuck that site, I turned off my adblocker and the ads on that site crippled my computer.

Huh, I never noticed that place had ads until I disabled my adblocker.

I hate that they changed VH1 Classic but I like that Daria is on. I didn't know this was episode one. I thought they were random.

Then just organize a group watch or something. You don't have to wait for MTV to throw you a bone, commercials and all. Watching it whenever doesn't have to mean watching it alone.

i think it's in some and not others.

This, but i do get what that user is saying. I kinda miss the pre internet world. The pre smartphone world especially.

wait
so there's commercials, you have to watch when they want you to, and it doesn't have the music

wow, fuck that

MTV Classic is VH1 Classic reworked. I know it has 90s and 2000s music videos but I don't know if it still airs 80s ones. They're just listed as "Classic Videos", not "90s Rocked" or anything.

I like Daria but never understood Beavis and Butt-head? Is it too much of a product of its time?

>the fuck is mtv classic?
New channel that launched today.

wait, are you asking about tv or kisscartoon

and it's running daria?
got my vote
will we also see shit like spy groove?
There's nothing to understand about the ol' B+B, they're just two retards being retards in that distinctive way only mike judge can write and act out.

>I like Daria but never understood Beavis and Butt-head? Is it too much of a product of its time?

Nah. Aside from the music video segments which are obviously dated, it's just a show about two idiot, slacker teenagers who are too dumb to live doing stupid shit.

Is there a more 1990s (good) cartoon than Daria? It's still comprehensible to people who weren't teens in the 90s but is also extremely 90s.

Downtown

right click the video and save it

I was too young to watch it when it first aired but I kind of remember it bleeding into the 00s.

Most 90's cartoons are too RADICAL for you, user.

If you're gonna do that, why not download it from somewhere with non-shit quality in the first place?

Are they playing the copyrighted music in Daria right now?

Undergrads is in the same vein for sure

Name a place that has non-shit quality

logically they should be allowed to. the one thing they have already paid for the license to is the ability to air it on TV
holy shit that means someone needs to be ripping these
here's hoping they arent cut for more commercial time though. probably are.

So far they've confirmed MTV Unplugged, Daria, Beavis & Butt-Head, Celebrity Deathmatch, Jackass, The Real World, Clone High, Laguna Beach, Aeon Flux, Punk'd, Wonder Showzen, The Maxx, TRL, 120 Minutes, Pimp My Ride and a whole bunch of other shit.

Am I the only one who hated Daria?

Guys, they aren't showing classic B&B. The only episodes listed are from the (Admittedly fucking fantastic) 2011 revival season.

if i couldn't and hadn't already just pirated all of that that'd seem pretty neat
good lineup

>Aeon Flux
that reminds me, this got a live action movie

what went wrong there?

Probably

>what went wrong
>live action

Really? Weird. I'm surprised the revival didn't go anywhere. I think it lasted two seasons but no one talked about it.

I never liked Ren and Stimpy either. Maybe that type of humor just isn't for me

took viacom a while to realize their success with 'the 90s are all that' on the N could branch out a bit eh
Or maybe they were waiting for one specific generation to get slightly older.
weird. why not both?
I forget but there was a reason. I think MTV jerked Judge around again.
also, I would not consider R+S to be the same kind of thing at all.

Unless they're airing Daria with the original music intact, fuck it, I'll stick with the DVDs.

R&S is more grossout but they're both stupid characters being stupid at least.

>stupid characters being stupid at least.

Yeah, Beavis and Butthead, Three Stooges, same shit.

agreed, that is way too much of an oversimplification

God I hate these high school cunts.

I did say "at least"

The character? She can be immature and annoying.

if I remember correctly, she really rubbed me the wrong way towards the end of the show and in Is It College Yet.

>immature and annoying.
less so than literally every other character, but yeah once in a while. it's nice hearing her apologize, but she sure doesn't receive any. eventually that girl's gonna break, one way or the other.

I've never seen anything from 2011 Beavis and Butthead.
>They're riffing on Twilight
this is weird. really weird.

right? the new show feels so very much exactly like the old one that it's fucking jarring.

>This is Florida
>They made that child cry just to film this video
The MGMT video just won me over. This is great.

It only lasted a single season. 12 half hour shows. The reason they aren't airing the old ones is the same reason you don't see the show in syndication. It's a legal nightmare because MTV didn't have the foresight to lock down the licencing rights for all the music video segments. That's why there's never been an official DVD release of the entire series either. Just those hand picked "Mike Judge Collection" sets with 40 episodes a piece and maybe a dozen videos on a separate disc with a bunch of other extras.

The show's revival died early because MTV got a mew network head who felt the show didn't appeal to what is now MTV's core target demo (Preteen/teenage girls). It was said that she wanted to focus on getting more female oriented programming on the channel. The same woman also noted she had a soft spot for Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant so it probably didn't sit well with her that B&B fuckin' tore into those shows in the revival season.

That's very interesting, user. Source? Who was this network head?

Aaaaaawwwww yeah.

Though I must preferred the later 2nd and 3rd season. Still, great.

>tfw I don't have the channel in my country but still watched Daria for the first time ever

I love it. La la la la...

>12 half hour shows
I'm... pretty sure that's not true. They reran the original show around the time the new one came out, and I also looked it up online. there was more than that for sure.
>40 episodes a piece
yeah, see?

He name's Susanne Daniels.

>Daniels, who is succeeding David Janollari has MTV's top programmer, has spent the bulk of her career in scripted entertainment. While MTV has scripted shows, its bread and butter is reality. Daniels admitted that "Jersey Shore" is not one of her favorite MTV shows but she does have a soft spot for "Teen Mom," which is a sensitive portrayal of a group of girls who all had children at very early ages.

>"That show could have been exploitative and really low brow and instead it has been exactly what everyone intended it to be," she said.

>One of the hopes MTV has for Daniels is that she will come up other shows that can attract female viewers, which was the WB's sweet spot. That could spell bad news for "Beavis and Butt-head," the classic cartoon series that MTV brought back last year that was a hit with young boys.

>Asked about the fate of "Beavis and Butt-head," Daniels said, "talk to me in a month."

Source: articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/12/entertainment/la-et-ct-mtv-susanne-daniels-20121112

Mike himself weighed in about the MTV demographic not being the same as what it once was and that he wants to shop around for another network. Thing is, right now he's got his Silicon Valley show on HBO so that's keeping him from doing that at the present time.

whoa, this is brand new for you? shit my foreign bro, buckle up. it's a pretty fun ride.
but.. you should get out of this thread before you spoil yourself. go watch it online
just if you see a green N-logo in the corner, abandon ship and watch from a different source. That's the censored version

>his Silicon Valley show on HBO
any good? what's it about

Daria summarised:

BAWW I AM EDGY WHORE BWAAAA

No, there were 12 half hours for the 2011 season. Bare in mind that Wikipedia lists each short as it's own episode when most of the time you got two shorts with a few music vids in one half hour, with the occasional longer single ep that was the whole show.

So like, this was the 2011 season.
Episode 1: "Werewolves of Highland"/"Crying"
Episode 2: "Daughter's Hand"/"Tech Support"
Episode 3: "Holy Cornholio"
Episode 4: "Drones"
Episode 5: "Supersize Me"/"Bathroom Break"
Episode 6: "The Rat"/"Spill"
Episode 7: "Doomsday"/"Dumb Design"
Episode 8: "Copy Machine"/"Holding"
Episode 9: "Used Card"/"Bounty Hunters"
Episode 10: "Time Machine"/"Massage"
Episode 11: "School Test"/"Snitchers"
Episode 12: "Whorehouse"/"Going Down"

The 2011 revival was surreal because it came back like it never left. There was no awkward refitting to coming back after over a decade, it was right on point. Like they where breathed into the aether rather than made by people.

I haven't seen it but it's been on for a few years now.

Here's the description Google gives:
>Partially inspired by co-creator Mike Judge's experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the 1980s, this comedy series follows the misadventures of introverted computer programmer Richard and his brainy friends as they attempt to strike it rich in a high-tech gold rush. They live together in a Bay Area startup incubator loosely run by self-satisfied dot-com millionaire Erlich, who lets them stay in his house rent-free in exchange for a stake in the projects they invent there. But when Richard develops a powerful search algorithm at his day job, he finds himself caught in the middle of a bidding war between his boss -- whose firm offers Richard an eight-figure buyout -- and a deep-pocketed venture capitalist.

Sounds like a mix of Judge's movie Office Space and that Comedy Central show Workaholics.

I'm overly obsessed with Daria. On my Cartoon Hardrive, I have 3 versions of the show. The DVD version, TV Rips with the show Audio, and then DVD Visuals with the Rip Audio.

Still have yet to find the Real Intro to the Musical Daria episode. They didn't show it on the DVD, nobody taped it's initial air time, and apparently on the few occasions MTV has aired it recently, they just put the regular intro in front of it.

oh, oh. right. i thought we were talking about the original show.

though i could have sworn we got twice that many revival episodes.

>basically Office Space: the show
shit I need to start watching this.
neat, so you could theoretically frankenstein together some episodes with the ideal quality of everything.
from what i hear a few of the marathon bits are still 'lost' too. I loved those marathon bits. Nothing is as funny to me as them bringing up lesbian something and Jane is like "I'M a lesbian!" and daria's just "no you're not"
Just her inflection. the emphasis on i'm. it cracked me up.

Where'd you get the dvd quality with tv audio?

From the the Daria Restoration Project. The past few years, some people decided to slice and dice it all together and have been releasing it periodically, but it's been finished for a while now. Viacom usually takes it down when the torrents are posted, but I think there's a few torrents still up on Private Trackers.

Nah, just that batch for the 2011 season. There were some false reports early on that there was gonna be 30 half hours but Mike Judge himself was quick to correct that.

Also, Comedy Central DID rerun some older episodes around the time of the revival (They also aired a few in 2006 to promote the Mike Judge Collection sets) but they had limited pickings due to those music video issues. It was mostly later episodes like Season 6's "Prank Call" rather than anything from the really early ones like "Home Improvement" or "Stewart's House" where they were getting high on paint thinner and blowing shit up.

It's not new, it's what VH1 Classic got rebranded into.

Which is a shame, since VH1 has been shit since they stopped running That Metal Show.

>Daria Restoration Project

Oh i remember that, I think I had an early version of it or something.

all i know about vh1 is that they aired heavily, HEAVILY censored classic SNL
like 'not allowed to say ass' fucking frasier-on-hallmark censored. or was it lifetime?

>Clone High
OH SHIT

DIARRHEA
CHA CHA CHA

DIARRHEA
CHA CHA CHA

getting rid of That Metal Show was one of the greatest things to happen imo. Those guys were just so damn obnoxious and jarringly loud as fuck.

Yep

I heard a few things here and there about it before. Thanks for the warning.

yet all their fans are gonna do is cry heavily on MTV Classic's FB about it. it's like Adult Swim's FB with Metalocalypse fans

metal fans seem to be incredibly thin skinned

there's multiple music video blocks, many of them named after famous MTV shows, like Headbangers, 120 Minutes, I Want My 80s, and Yo! Hip Hop Mix. "MTV Classic Videos" oddly seems to be the most modern, with videos from the early 2000s

>being surprised when a show about metal is loud

How obnoxious, though? I mean, it's a bunch of grey haired geezers talking about rock music.