What do Poles and Germans living in these areas think about Prussia...

What do Poles and Germans living in these areas think about Prussia? Would you support a serious attempt at bringing it back? We could gather the better part of our people in this area and leave the rest to its own cuckery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kX-qcbM5610
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanisation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Prussia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Need to liberate Königsberg fron ruskies first.

Well, there's a long list of what would have to be done. But I wonder about the general sentiment first.

Gorbatschow offered you the kaliningrad region when germany reunified, but germany declined. So, forget about it bro.

>"reconquering" lands that were de-Germanised long ago

Let go, Hans. It was great enough while it lasted.

youtube.com/watch?v=kX-qcbM5610

Prussia is not Germany. You must not confuse these two.

But is it? I think Generaloberst von Mackensen was right when he said that Prussia is neither heritage, nor blood, but rather the strict adherence to higher principles. In this lies a great chance to sell the idea of Prussia to modern people being hypersensitive about these things.

Prussia is neither Germanic nor Slavic, it's Baltic.

>and leave the rest to its own cuckery.
Too bad that there are more cucks in the western parts of Poland, but overall we're doing quite well in that regard, Hans.
You're welcome to become Jan Sznajder though.

>it's Baltic.
Old Prussia, yes, but after that it was a mix of those three germanized ethnicities.

Germany dodged a serious bullet giving that shithole to Poland, it had a higher crime rate than southern italy and was economically useless

>leave the rest to its own cuckery.
isn't prussia and the north the most cucked part of germany?

Yes you should try to revive Prussia before it is too late, and it just becomes lost in history, a curiosity and no more.

For me it is like Constantinople: the loss is great historical injustuce, which should rightly be corrected.

IT is very fucking unlikley to happen anytime soon for Constantinople, but Prussia is still there under the surface: the character of the Prussian still exists, and so the country should be revived. Perhaps Neo-Prussia could ally with Bavaria and Austria, and lead poor Germany out of it's cage.

>most ethinically diverse provinces have the highest crime rates

To be honest Germans should focus on just living and fixing what they already have. Every time they try to get bigger by expansion in Europe it back fires. Your country is still pretty big even as it is, there's no reason to expand in the foreseeable future.

Really? I'm quite often in that part and speak with many people. I never had this impression. I remember once being in Lobez and Stargard and many people lamented the people in the East being Russians etc. I often feel strong sentiment against Russia there.

I remember that this had some political reasons. If I have my history right, there were some quarrels between Berlin and the Landsräte in East Prussia and had to cede some power.

Not at all. With the exceptions of Hamburg and Berlin itself, the former Prussian parts are the strongest ones. Old Prussia discipline may have waned slowly, but the general cold and unforgiving social climate is still there.

Russia also has some part of Prussia, so it can't be rebuilt. But it's almost in ruins. No invesments, no interest from other countries and almost no tourism

What defines a Prussian to Sup Forums?

any specific type of crime?

>I never had this impression.
Becasue the difference is not that stark, and as far as being Russian goes they're closer to it since those lands were settled with people cleansed from areas lost by Poland in the east after WWII.

>but Prussia is still there under the surface: the character of the Prussian still exists, and so the country should be revived

I honestly see the solution of our problem in this. Germany as a concept is wrong and Prussia should be back with it's original borders before Bismarck's delusions. The South has always been too different to us. The funny thing is that Prussian monarchism is slowly and without much attention making comeback. You have local discussions about monarchy since the first time in my life and they are actually rebuilding the Berliner Stadtschloß, the residence of the Hohenzollern.
Pic related, it's being built completely from scratch since the communists burned it to ashes.

>had a higher crime rate than most of country
>as high as Bavaria, which is now the most economically strong state of Germany
>valuable resources in East Prussia and a beautiful port city

I disagree. I think, given time, the Germans could have done great things with those territories, especially under the modern Bundes Republic. Germany would be much stronger today.

Is that the one that's being rebuilt with a horrid commieblock side on it?

Fuck off, it's Poland now.
t. Lower Silesian

It's best of Germany.
t. Prussian

Nah, here's a 3D sketch for how it will look like. They hired baroque artists to make the facade.

Since it was full of Poles, probably car theft.

so what are they building it for?

>memorial warning of what german pride leads to

Beats me. Looking at the involved people shows no coherent reason, but most people have art/history backgrounds. This whole affair of Prussia showing up is still random. Here you have this palace being built, there you have newspapers telling how the Prussians actually tried to stop Hitler, then you have discussions about monarchy etc.
No direction so far, but I like this development. It's quite new, too.

Prussia is the 2nd worst thing to come out of the Germons. This was a state designed for war, why the fuck would anyone want to bring it back? Also remember that Prussia stole lands from Rzeczpospolita, so the abolition of Prussia was an act of justice. About Królewiec/Kaliningrad/Konigsberg I don't care too much tho

and end up having a map like this? No thanks

>way to confuse americans even more

The area you talk about is deep in Russian territory. Prussia never went that far into mainland Poland.

Fuck Prussia. Being from lower Saxony I want to bring back the Kingdom of Hannover

I don't understand. I meant Greater Poland (which is the birthplace of the polish state and was stolen by Prussia) and part of Pomerania

Pomerania and Silesia were part of Prussia since almost the beginning. The only regrettable part are your partitions but the circumstances were dire and Prussia did take next to nothing.

Take it back, it's yours

I'd be 100% in favor to take it back, but, if we took it back right now, we'd end up populating it with happy colorful terrorists, so what's the point? I'd rather have the Polaks and the Russians keep it, than taking it back just to shit it up with mosques and IEDs.

>was stolen by Prussia
always funny to see Poland complain about stealing

>tfw prussia is dead

The former Prussian parts have the least amount of migrants. It's not 0, but it's far lower than the rest of germany. Strangely enough, we also are the parts that took in least refugees.

But why?

That is oddly reassuring

>tfw poland is dead

>tfw your empire and culture are dead

>Pomerania and Silesia were part of Prussia
Just BS. Only western Pomerania was taken quite early under HRE's influence, after Poland's fragmentation period, while eastern Pomerania stayed loyal, following by a century-long Teutonic takeover after 1308. Silesia didn't become Prussian first until 1742.

Why did Germany decline? Because Königsberg is a shithole after decades of Russian occupation. At that point Germany had to peacefully get rid off bazillions of Red Army soldiers, why would we want a scrap of land where they actually lived. Bringing the DDR up to speed is taking ages already. Königsberg would be a bottomless pit with nothing but sentimental value.
>also we'd need a corridor

The very ironic thing is that Prussia was technically created by Poland, which was a great mistake by Zygmunt I the Old.

>tfw you're 60% white

Ah yes asking for corridors never worked out. So there are no Germans/German speakers there? Were there before Germany got cut up?

>tfw you never had an empire or culture

>tfw I'm 100% white

All Germans east of the oder-neisse were killed/expelled in the closing days of WW2

Königsberg was a German city. Nuff said. Nowadays the German population makes up less than 1% iirc.

and i never had an empire.

>Prussia never went that far into mainland Poland.
>never
>far
>mainland

Hans just...

Alright, how about a polish controlled prussia?

Wrong. Prussia was technically born out of the Graftschaft of Brandenburg with Friedrich I. becoming first King of Prussia after the survived 30-years-war. And

I knew that one of your people would eventually come and talk about the Teutons. How far into the past do you want to go? I am just amazed that you didn't gloat about the only Swedish victory against Prussia.

>never had a culture
1) burgers and grilling/barbecuing culture
2) baseball
3) REAL football
4) high-school proms, Friday night lights,, etc.
5) new York city, big skyscraper, money and success culture
6) u.s. marine culture
7) dominating the entire world culture
8) 6ps, 70s, 80s, 90s music culture, including rap, country, rhythm and blues, etc.
9) the American cowboy
10) literally all of Texas
11) voodoo and swamp culture
12) civilized politics culture (compare your hosue of Commons or lords or whatever to our Congress discussions)
13) gun culture
List goes on you fucking barbarian scum

Przuszczia?

Just like Silesia then. Don't you want to kill/expel slavshits from rightful clay for an expanding Prussia?

You never had anything because you were personally born after the u.s. made Britain get rid of THEIR empire

>For me it is like Constantinople
>the loss is great historical injustuce
>the character of the Prussian still exists
What the fuck are you talking about you historically illiterate Germanboo retard?
Prussia was always a backwater province that was colonized by Germans in 14th and 15th century.
Reason it was called PRUSSIA, despite the fact Brandenburg was the main part, is because there could be no kings other than king of Bohemia in HRE, so elector Frederick decided to call himself King IN Prussia (notice IN), because Prussia was legally outside of HRE.
And large part of eastern territories of German Empire were conquered from Poles in late 18th century, and then colonized by Germans in 19th century.
To compare a fucking backwater province with Constantinople which was center of ERE and arguably Christianity for centuries is the dumbest thing I saw on this board. Kys faggot.

Forgot about
14) camping culture
15) the great American road trip culture

For what sake?

>anything on that list
>culture

Do you realise that it was for couple hundred years.

I would definitely support a serious attempt to bring it back

not all of it, but the fact that most of it was de-germanized and forced from the Germans is disgusting

stop trying to build empires hans! you suck at it

only cuckdom awaits germany

It was an act of genocide. Unlike the mythical holocaust.

Just bring back DDR faggot and independent Bawaria.

Wouldn't Prussians just be a bunch of soviet rape babies?

Prussia is rightfully dead. Why would I want to kill slavs though. As much fun as it is to trigger their butthurt, they are
>trigger warning
mostly like us. History would have gone a different way if Versailles wouldnt have enabled their nationalist cunts. We'd be brothers now. And they would actually buy German cars instead of stealing them.

It came into existence by genocide of white people and forced germanization.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanisation

prussians were always germanized slavs

>Wrong. Prussia was technically born out of the Graftschaft of Brandenburg with Friedrich I. becoming first King of Prussia after the survived 30-years-war. And
-.- ... It became independent then. (Ducal) Prussia was created as a vassal to Poland, that was its original purpose since its creation in 1525. Prussia only became independent when taking an union with Brandenburg after the Swedish invasion of Poland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Prussia

They bring it by itself.
First by starting war.
Second for their cruelty.
At last and most important because they lost.

Yeah and invading Poland, butchering millions of Poles and destroying most of country was humanitarian intervention.
Or invading Poland in 18th century and then slowly expelling Poles while settling Germans.
How fucking retarded are you, you dumb nigger?
How can you talk about ''justice'' when Prussia is nothing but German imperialism?
How is Germans slaughtering people and conquering shit somehow morally better from Poles doing same, IN RESPONSE to German aggression?
Do you take medicine for your mental disorder?

thats the stupidest shit i've ever heard

>Be Prussian pagans
>Raid Polish Christians as a prank
>HRE sends a crusade
>Get forced into serfdom
>Start an uprising
>Fail
>Germans get a landbridge, bring their own peasants here
>Get assimilated out of existence
>Your culture is forggoten
>Germans start parading around with your name
>Eventually Prussians become synonymy with War
>Lose two of them
>Territory handed over to Soviets
>Today is a shitpile, ancient groves cut down to strip mine for amber
wew

A vassal state since 1525.
Gotta admire Friedrich and his son though, only a prussian could turn a small shitty country sorrounded by hostiles into a superpower.

This. Old Prussians were a baltic, pagan ethnic group. First cucked by the Polish, then the German, then the Russians...

Blame Kulturkampf and forced germanization. Polish natonalism was reaction for German agression and presecution of Poles.
If you take it slow Poles would slowly assimilate but as always Germans want everything now.

This sounds like a plot to bring German cuckery to Poland

That only happened in part

And like I implied, the areas of prussia that were historically inhabited by poles/baltic peoples should not be returned

Prusy

>beady

wouldn't a movement to reclaim the wrongfully stolen land of historic Germany be a sign that Germany is becoming un-cucked?

Its like all of them. Not even mention that you would need to kick Germans East of Elba.

Good thing that you omitted the decadent failure of the HRE (Austerlitz) and how the title was then changed to King OF Prussia. Let me guess, you're also mad at calvinist "heretics"?

Also you're flat out wrong about territories being stolen by Prussia. Pomerania was given to Friedrich I. by the Polish King in the Vertrag von Brommberg.

No, thank god hitler took care of all the prussians.

Oh what an astronomical lie this is! Butchering millions of Poles? What are you man? Polish territories were mostly handed out in treaties and the way you talk, you should know about Prussian-Polish dual citizenship. People were free to chose their homeland, the Prussians were no proto-Nazis. I begin to assume that you're some distant and disgruntled Habsburg relative. Butthurt since 200 years.

>Yeah and invading Poland, butchering millions of Poles and destroying most of country was humanitarian intervention.
>Or invading Poland in 18th century and then slowly expelling Poles while settling Germans.
As I've already said; Prussia was a mistake.
The Prussians begged Poland to kick the Teutons out and begged to become part of Poland (Prussian Confederation), the Hohenzollern's kneeled before Polish kings for generations for granting them prince-titles, then they did that backstabbing shit while Sweden was invading, then then partitions... Backstabbing fucks. Prussia was a mistake, and Poland should never have invited the backstabbing Teutons in the first place.

My point was that Prussia is in no way ''German Constantinople'' by any measure.
>Butchering millions of Poles?
WW2
>Polish territories were mostly handed out in treaties
>occupy something
>force weak government to sign a treaty
>''we got it legally, see!"
C'mon.

>Polish territories were mostly handed out in treaties and the way you talk,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)

To be fair didn't a lot of Polish nobles also betray Polish king for Swedes when they invaded?
PLC was a shit state.

prussians are basically german-baltic-slav hybrid and are the worst thing that could have happened to europe
> destroyed holy roman empire
> than dicked austria trying to ruild holy roman empire
> dicked france to rebuild it once more
whenever there is a peace and prosperity in europe you know that its the time when prussia is being weak

>My point was that Prussia is in no way ''German Constantinople'' by any measure.

On that point I agree. Constantinople and the HRE were catholic and great part of the break-up of relations between Prussia and HRE was due to calvinist movements.

On the other part I have to disagree. Hitler-Germany killed off Prussia and the Junker class and only trash traitors joined their ranks. The real Prussians tried to push back both the Weimar Republic and Hitler's regime in numerous failed coups.

And your last part plus this Swedish guy are wrong. The hand-out of Pommern territory was a grace, a present for aiding the Poles in war against the opportunistic Swedes. There is the Polish word Potop Szwedizki (Swedish flood) denoting this war. Like in the 30 years war in Brandenburg, they ravaged the lands like bandits. It's no wonder he tries to put Prussia and Poland as enemies when this was never the case.

Prussia should declare independence.

Former Polak born in Wroclaw here. Prussia is Polish, deal with it, shouldn't have started WW2, it's a lesson I say. Also if you could get the Russians to give back Eastern Poland, you can have Prussia back

Native Prussian Germans are a very small minority there, below 1% even, it's all Polish now and they wouldn't want independence.