Suicide Squad embargo count down thread

2 hours lads.

Will it be better received than BvS? Worse? About the same? Post your guess ITT

How booked are your theaters BTW? I wanted to check AMC but it looks like it's sold out for the weekend where I live.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBDPgE29bmU
youtube.com/watch?v=AI_Ys_yOJpY
twitter.com/renemiamiherald/status/759888672544088064
reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4uz02s/suicide_squad_press_screenings_and_rumored/?sort=new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably better, seems more of a crowd pleaser. Though there is a resistance among a lot of film critics to its seemingly too self serious brand of irreverence.

>How booked are your theaters BTW? I wanted to check AMC but it looks like it's sold out for the weekend where I live.

Empty, actually... but the presales started today so who knows.

I really hope the final edit isn't WB just trying to make more jewbucks from another "ultimate" cut on bluray

I'd rather see the director's vision whether it's good or bad (Snyder)

been looking over all the twitter reactions on reddit

here is a summary
>its a really entertaining movie and a lot of "fun" - something MOS/BvS weren't (according to these tweets)
>average scores/impressions seem to be between 7-8.5/10; 1 or 2 negative or disappointed reactions, plus usual over-hyped viewers treating it like its the greatest thing ever
>fast paced, but sometimes too fast paced; major character get solid arcs though
>primary villain is average, but serves the plot well
>Leto's joker is divisive. Some love, others not as much. Some just making comparisons to Ledger. Regardless he apparently isn't in it enough to gauge how good or bad of a joker he is; Ive seen more positive than negative though
>Margot Robbie and Will Smith are clear standouts and steal the show but almost every character has there moments
>Its DC's best film in a long time and the best DCEU film (miles ahead of MOS/BvS)
>Soundtrack is killer
>Crowd-pleaser through and through

Im predicting a 75% RT score, similar to Cinemablend's prediction. Also Drew Mcweeny, Scott Weinberg, Jeff Sneider, Justin Kroll, Thompson, and Mark Hughes, have all reported positive buzz about Suicide Squad last few days. These are the same critics who heard negative things for BvS before release

Where do you live? Presales in America started early last month.

Gonna guess take your bets everyone

Who's going for 100

Who's going for 15

Me personally 65% to 75%

isn't it 9am est
more like 10 hours

Mexico City.

9am pacific, 12 eastern

12 am est on Tuesday

That's 13 hours, OP is fucking useless.

Not to praise Leto (because we still need to see his performance) but if you're standard for judging a Joker is Ledger then youre opinion is immediately discarded. Love the guy, but far from the best incarnation. If anything we need something that falls between him and Nicholson

Last two digits of my post are the final score.

Seeing a lot of it in the early reviews though.

"This joker didn't really scream evil genius to me"

I refuse to believe something can top BvS fiasco. A solid 40% in worst case scenario. Best around 70%.

AM.

>Best around 70%.

This to be honest family, I will be surprised if it goes above 70%

89 Joker is not better than TDK Joker, who is very accurate outside of not having his skin bleached.

I'm guessing 75%. It'll be fresh but not Guardians of the Galaxy - it's likely MCU equivalent - fresh.

Oh I never said he was, my point is we need something between cartoony and psychopath. And I wouldnt call Ledger accurate. Regardless its pointless to even argue that considering the number of interpretations they've been

I just want a fun/entertaining movie, I'm not expecting anything lifechanging. My main problem with BvS was that it was fucking boring and dull, something that this movie doesn't seem to be.

82%

>2 hours lads.
Think you mean 12.

Another SS non-embargoed review

youtube.com/watch?v=aBDPgE29bmU

Pros
>Leto Joker
>Killer Croc
>Very fun and exciting
>Jam packed with content

Cons
>Margot Harley Quinn
>cringe worthy dialogue (I'm guessing mostly Will Smith stuff)
>cliched story

whats odd is that most reactions have Leto as a con and Margot as a pro

AM. 12 AM on Tuesday, user. 1 hour 15 minutes from now.

no its Tuesday 9 am pacific time, which is 12pm eastern time (3 hour difference). So noon eastern, 9am pacific.

This has been confirmed multiple times.

I'm starting to think they're probably both just okay because the clips I've seen of them so far don't look that good

youtube.com/watch?v=AI_Ys_yOJpY

>Tuesday 9 am pacific time
No it's 9 PM PST which means it's 12 am EST

Nice shop bro

yeah I think this dude has it flipped with joker and harley as per what most critics think

Seeing pretty diverse opinions from this all over. Going to pin it down the middle at 50% RT.

I've heard mostly good things about Dead shot and Harley, mostly bad about Leto and the story.

Nobody has hinted that it is terrible or great. Seems very middling.

>2 hours lads.

I thought it was closer to 12

>Seems very middling.

Critics seem to be tearing apart mediocre efforts this year.

I'm guessing 57%

twitter.com/renemiamiherald/status/759888672544088064

Everywhere else on the web is saying pm.

It's probably the casts fault, Will Smith seems like a weird choice and he's not even trying

DC has a pretty poor stigma attached. I bet it will fall on the bad side of middling when reviews come in.

Give me a dollar for every review that references Ledgers Joker and/or BvS.

>middling

quite the opposite see

>Give me a dollar for every review that references Ledgers Joker and/or BvS.

I don't want to go broke.

That's a single opinion. I've said that when you look at all of the opinions together they are diverse.

reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4uz02s/suicide_squad_press_screenings_and_rumored/?sort=new

read through the reactions. There are honestly a couple negative but most peg it as good to great.

not to mention what was said about the film's buzz. the reaction has not been mixed, its been positive according to the same insiders who revealed Batman/Superman's bad buzz

>reddit

Before this gets out of hand with RT giving it negative or positive scores, remember that RT is a piece of shit that doesn't matter supported by cuckold liberals owned by the Jewish media.

Now that's outta the way, let us all shitpost to our hearts content until we see the movie.

Theres a lot more positivity than anything else, heck this faggot was a literal answer to that and he got btfo for being a shill.

Keep in mind the people posting the initial reactions are at an event with all the stars and all the glam. People routinely get overhyped at these big flashy openings. So good to great really needs to be taken down a peg.

Pretty much. RT is fucking worthless for anything but shitposting, but good god is it an infinite font for shitposting.

>Diverse cast
>black leader
>white womyn
>evil white man & magical evil white woman
They don't make RT scores high enough.

I do agree. None of my opinions ever line up with RT. If I list my favourite movies they are all under 50% and my biggest disappointments of the last 2 years (birdman and Star Wars) were apparently amazing.

So is the embargo ending in 12 hours or 24?

12 I believe. But lots of people got early viewing and it just had it's official release about 30 mins ago. So there are unofficial reviews flying around.

I'm expecting meh to pretty good.

>There are honestly a couple negative but most peg it as good to great.
This is exactly what happened before BVS on that same reddit. Keep in mind these are hardcore DC fans who just attended the premiere.

We'll know what the score is tomorrow. I refuse to get hyped until then.

Seen it. Enjoyable, but not great. Unbalanced in a lot of ways. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

This is what I'm trying to say.

Point one film premier where people came out with an accurate review. They always way overrate it coming out of the gates, this was a hand picked audience.

What were the best and worst parts?

I've felt from comiccon (Or maybe it was some other con) last year that this was going to be better than BvS. You can usually tell a lot about how a film's going to be based on how the actors interact with each other outside of filming.

I wanna see Mark Waids opinion. That fat cynical fuck always makes me smile.

>Sigh

I hate this shit

Ruh roh.

But to be fair I've read about 50 reactions and that one is by far the worst.

DAMN 50%?

DC IS OVER

Nicholson was the best live action Hoker that we've ever had.

Oh but where would we be without Movieblob's opinion? Surely he will save us from these uncertain times

Someone didn't get to be invited to the film premier

>remember that RT is a piece of shit that doesn't matter supported by cuckold liberals owned by the Jewish media.
Warner Bros (which is head by a Japanese guy) and Fandango own RT.

Maybe you just have bad taste user.
>found birdman disappointing
Yeah that's looking to be true

DC'S FUCKING DONE.
BURY IT.

You just know Moviebob is going to point out how the embargo is 1 day before release.

Why do I care what some games PR fag thinks?

Unless the reviews are really enthusiastic for it, right cuck?

I'm gonna say 82%, helped by the fact that BvS set the bar so low.

Can't wait for Flashpoint in a couple of years.

>found birdman disappointing
>Yeah that's looking to be true
It was pretentious and seemingly just an excuse to try show off some film school lessons learnt. Yet funny enough it still failed. It was deceptive at best in its advertising and none of the characters were at all interesting.

>Fuck Marvel indeed

>replying to tripfags

Best was probably every moment Captain Boomerang is on screen, the delightful cunt

Worst was probably the pacing. or maybe the fact that the timeline of events makes little sense. Or maybe that Slipknot isn't introduced with the rest of the cast, suddenly appears then dies like a minute later.

Because he's a full blown DCuck that was excited for the movie.

If people on the DC Cinematic subreddit who like the movie matter then so does he.

Also

>replying to the worst Sup Forums tripfag

At worst 50-60%
At best ~75%

Leaning more toward the worst because I'm cynical and my opinions are usually wrong

All tripfags are equally bad

>the pacing
>or maybe the fact that the timeline of events makes little sense
here we go again

Question, did he like BvS? If the answer is yes, then I'll probably enjoy Hot Topic Squad.

>r/DC_Cinematic

Those are the most hardcore of DCEU fans and mostly people who think that BvS was legitimately great. It's not exactly the pool you want to be pulling from.

>DCEU subreddit
>matter

I see. I'll probably like the movie anyways so I still don't care.

>it's a "WB fucks with the pacing and then releases a Director's Cut" episode again
I'm over it familia.

The events they're responding to start at night. Next we see them assembling the squad, then the squad outside Midway at sundown. The rest of the movie takes place at night, supposedly three days after the initial incident. Not the worst issue in the world, but not great.

As for pacing, much like the time given to each squad member, it felt very unbalanced.

So does this version of Croc have prior history with Batman? Was he a hired thug for Joker briefly like in Azz's book?

45-55%

People will have BvS in mind when seeing and reviewing, for better or worse.

It's fucking rotten tomatoes

Anything not left leaning gets shit scores, they'd give shit scores for SS being too dark, serious and mean

Really? I didn't have a problem with the pacing. I mean I guess compared to BvS its pacing problems aren't nearly as bad.

Oh it's one of those "let's have things out of order" movie.

I can follow that, but don't know if I can say the same about the majority of film critics. I'll be expecting a lower score than deserved from most of them now.

>It was pretentious
Meme word.

>seemingly just an excuse to try show off some film school lessons learnt.
Yeah bro, flawlessly making the movie look like it'a done in a single take is something everyone can do. Especially in the world of Hollywood where there are 8 cuts per minute.

>It was deceptive at best in its advertising
It wasn't a comedy-drama?

>and none of the characters were at all interesting.
They're more interesting than any character in a superhero film in the past 5 years.

How is time passing a pacing issue? It's night, then day, then night again. It happens.

>SS being too dark, serious and mean
Everyone is saying the movie is pretty light and quipfilled though.

Who else here ready for it to go "not muh marvel" to "stop aping muh marvel"

The reality is BvS was pretty good. It was just so wildly different then the Marvel, FoX-Men films that it never had a chance. There's no need to even go down the "ppl r stupid" road. People were not expecting such a macabre film. They expected something like Cap 3, and instead they got fucking Excalibur.

Granted WB fucked up big time by not forcing the 3hr cut. the Ultimate Edition was deff way better, minus the editing fuck up at the funeral. It literally went:
Funeral>Bruce Diana talk off to the side of the funeral>bats terrorizes Luthor>cut to Bruce walking away from the funeral then more funeral
Bad editing there.

Anyways BvS Ultimate is really a peak cape flick like Winter Soldier, Unbreakable, Guardians, DoFP.

I am hoping Squad is as good as those films. It took a long time, but I am finally acclimated to the casting choices. The aesthetics never bothered me, I mean hell look at the Assault on Arkham designs.

They mention offhandedly about the Bat bringing him in, buts unclear what laws he actually broke

The weird cold open where we meet Deadshot and Harley followed by the Waller at Dinner framing device for the intro montage that was too long bothered me mostly. And the soundtrack was good but they basically blow it's load in the first half, and the second half is basically all score. But yeah, not as bad as theatrical BvS, but worse than Ultimate BvS.

>Meme word.
That's not an argument, it's an actual word. "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.". There you go.

>Yeah bro, flawlessly making the movie look like it'a done in a single take is something everyone can do.
Except they didn't they abandoned it 30 mins in and even in that time they used people walking in front of the camera or the camera panning behind an object to reset the scene. Also, what was the point? Why use that film technique? How did that help them tell the story? It didn't, they just tried to show off and they didn't pull it off.

>It was deceptive at best in its advertising
The trailers showed a massive portion of his delusions as if it was actual content. To be clear, they blew the budget on a dream sequence just to put it in the trailer.

>They're more interesting than any character in a superhero film in the past 5 years.
That's not an argument.