What is your favourite Eurojank game and why is it Gothic 2?

What is your favourite Eurojank game and why is it Gothic 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1488703-Tool-Gothic-One-Click-Action?p=25357067
youtube.com/watch?v=HTbS8BEa1oI
youtube.com/watch?v=exRFQXX3oeg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4rgswnjpZg
youtu.be/i8ju_10NkGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it's comfy af

Singles: Flirt Up Your Life!

I played the Witcher.
The gameplay is alright. Story wise it is a piece of shit.
fuck the country that came up with such shitty plot. Even my 9 years old niece could come up with something better.

when they say play the witcher they meant 3

2 is also great.

1 > 2 > 3

Gothic I is better

does Mount and Blade count?
STALKER if not

lol

I like you.
Both are considered Eurojank. I like you too.

i just finished Gothic 1 yesterday for the 100th time, brotherhood camp this time
took me around 25h (2 days of playing)

gonna play Gothic II NotR soon, but i want to try playing mage for the 1st time ever in gothic
give me some protips on what to invest points in and how to survive early game

Mount and blade is by turkshits so no.
Still a damn good game though.

Witcher 1 is literally the best Witcher game.

gothic 2 or witcher 3/1

witcher 1 had decent story, but to someone who never read the witcher books it might be boring and confusing

and i just learned after so many years that you actually find a rune leading to the fire mages in Xardas' old tower, i always missed it because i was so excited of the new armor
killed Gomez, Raven and took a revenge on Bullit

but it's kinda stupid because Raven should be immortal like Thorus as he is important character in Gothic 2 NotR

wtf dude witcher story is awesome, especially after you read the books
and the world is original as fuck, nobody took advantage of slavic mythology before

you read the books? are they translated to finnish or you read in english?

I've literally never played Gothic
Should I try it?

depends on your patience and tolerance

the books were translated to finnish before the english ones, but i read all of them in english, except the newest one Season of storms

I am going to buy The Last Wish with German translation. I wanted to get the English version first, but I realized that English is a garbage language for literature and that slavic languages translate surprisingly well into German.

yeah you should. once you get hang of the controls, it'll be a good ride and gets even better (imo) on gothic 2

My favorite as of late.

>patience
>controls
give me a quick rundown? Is it anything like Fable or Morrowind/Oblivion? Those are some of my fav RPG games as a kid

Only 1 and 2. The rest is bad.

And the controls in 1 and 2 are "unique" to say it neutral.

They can be hard if you dont understand them, they are the dark souls of action rpg´s.

the dwarven language in witcher has a lot of words based on german or silesian language

The controls are very dated. In 2 you had to hold LMB and then use the WASD keys to fight.

>hold LMB
That doesn't sound ergonomic at all

If Turkey is Europe, then Mount and Blade is high up. Others are STALKER, Heroes V, Cossacks and Euro Truck Simulator.

Does it have better pacing than the first one? Several hours of walking around the city right after tutorial, listening to belgian attempts at humour murdered my motivation to play that game entirely.

absolutely, they're superior to elder scrolls
the controls are pretty janky and take some time to get used to but it's worth it
skip """""gothic"""" 4, it's insultingly bad

Amplitude make pretty good 4x games, Endless Space 2 is probably my favourite 4x this generation.

Those games have a very long hobo phase. For several hours you are at the bottom of the food chain and society.

You cant just run around and attack stuff because you will die very fast.

You have to learn what creatures you can take on and run away a lot.

Armor is extremely valuable and you get it not very easy. It will also give you a big survival buff.

The game worlds are very small scale by todays rpg standards but extremely comfy and detailed.

It is a lot better than the first one overall, also the story is not as whimsical and more serious.

question is, are you old enough to play an old game and not judge it based on the graphics and controls and ancient mechanisms?
you need to learn a lot in Gothic because it is harder than average new western RPG, fuck, at first i did not even know how to pick up things from the ground(controls are pretty fucked in G1 but there is a fix, i can link you to it if you want)

the story in gothic is Great, the climate is much different than average high fantasy rpg like elder scrolls - the world is depressing and dirty, there are basically only men characters, almost no women except some sex slaves

and the character progression is satisfying as fuck, at first you need to save game before every enemy encounter like a fucking wolf in the forst because he can rekt you easily, with time you become stronger, when you level your one/two handed skill you even start to wield weapons in other way, you will soon find youself running around the forest and rekting the wolves
combat is still hard even in the endgame and you need to lure enemies one by one

try it

Gothic 4 Arcania wasn't such a terrible game, but it was certainly a terrible Gothic game
it shouldn't have the name Gothic in it and it would be rated much better imo

yep Divinity is awesome, but mainly for the combat, it was satisfying as fuck
plot is pretty meh in the first one, a little better in the second one but still no match for some top RPGs

but stellaris 2.0 doe

Crysis was really cool when it came out

gothic 2 or dark messiah

there is a fix for that
forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1488703-Tool-Gothic-One-Click-Action?p=25357067

this makes the controls almost the same as Gothic 2 which are pretty comfortable, and you can easily bind these controls to your gamepad if you have one, i just recently completed Gothic 1 on Xbox 360 pad without a single problem(but had to use keyboard sometimes because pad doesn't have enough buttons)

>dark messiah
good choice, that was fun as hell

>all these Gothic fanboys
I don't get it. Seems like a shitty unplayable game. It looks horrible and the combat is awkward. Must be the childhood nostalgia talking.

Fuck that, Paradox needs to decide what they want to make - 4x or GrandStrat. Because their tip-toeing between those 2 genres makes their games shitty in both departments.
Also Stellaris will never have well written factions with drastic gameplay differences as cool as these:
youtube.com/watch?v=HTbS8BEa1oI
youtube.com/watch?v=exRFQXX3oeg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4rgswnjpZg
I also don't wanna spend a gorillion dollars on however many DLCs they made since the game's shitty barebones release.

nah i am replaying Gothic games every year
if i didn't learn thegame mechanics long ago i would probably not like it today, but this game is really good if you know what to do

It's still an amazing game despite the age.

They should definitly try to remaster it, though. It would be guaranteed success for a relatively little work.

i don't like es2

Gothic 1 was one of the best looking games of its time and needed very high hardware. Something like Pentium 3 with 800mhz minimum.

Piranha Bytes' new engines like the one in Elex suck a lot
i wouldn't want to see Gothic with different combat and physics
only better graphics and controls would be nice

In the early 1990s in Poland radio stations occasionally transmitted entire games for amiga during broadcasts so everyone at home could record them on cassette for free.
Explain yourself, Polen.

i'm too young to remember Amiga times

Not just dated, I remember a lot of bitching about the controls even back when G1 came out. It's just a weird control scheme in general.

I think Elex was a big improvement over Risen games but it needed half a year more development.To many mechanical flaws and unfinished content. It just shows on every corner that they dont have a budget big enough to make such big games.

Candy Crush Saga

the big map in Elex was a mistake
comfy little maps like Gothic 1 or Risen 1 are the best, Piranha has time to fill them with content and they are interesting just to wander around and explore stuff
Risen 1 was especially tiny, and yet the game is pretty long

I would prefer Risen's 1 combat. Gothic felt like rhytmically pressing A and D or just W. But yeah, minimal revision approach would be satisfactory.

Gothic 3 and Risen series has a terrible combat imo... monsters dodging your attacks until you corner them and enemies waiting for their turn instead of attacking all at one annoyed me so much

CK2 was about as popular as their grand strategy games will ever be, so I can see their desire to branch out. They probably won't touch the Vicky series again because it's their least popular

Otherwise they're basically just going to update ("streamline") and switch up EU, HoI, and CK every few years

I love both, Endless Space honestly looks way better and has far better specific story. I do LOVE some of the stroylines and events though.

>WHAT HAS BEEN WILL BE

In Stellaris, forgot to write that.

Risen 1 has the best combat they ever did. After that they consolized it.

I really liked Risen, the island setting is a tad gay especially sincet hey just invented these Titans...but the storyline in itself and how the factions worked were amazing.
The first time I finished it I was gang-pressed into the Inquisitorial henchman-squad. When I managed to become a Mage the first time, it was amazing.
Seriously, the monastery live was amazing.

>Tfw you like to follow orders.

the thing that i'm lacking mostly in Risen 1 is lack of polish voiceovers
the polish voices in Gothic series are glorious, especially the main hero voice that is iconic and everyone recognizes it at once, the voice actors are considered a fucking legends today
i can't imagine Gothic without the polish main hero's voice

the translation was made by CDProjekt by the way(witcher devs), they made some good translations like first Mass Effect too

CDP translations were fucking amazing back in the days. All the Infinity Engine stuff they did was top notch. And not just voice acting, even the text.

Not the guy you responded to, but I am seriously surprised. We have to thank them for more than just the Witcher it seems.

Close, but no cigar.

So.. What country is Resident Evil 4 in, again?

Does Oblivion count?

The point is that 4x and Grand Strat are two entirely different game philosophies that don't really gel together.
Grand Strategies at their heart are simulation/roleplaying games. They don't really need to concern themselves with things like multiplayer balance, instead focusing on realistic representation of various real world concepts, like economy, politics, population dynamics and so on. Real life isn't fair and people who want to insert themselves into historical events are usually autistic enough to deal with it.

4x are at their heart competitive games. "Competitive" meaning games that you play to win rather than a game you "experience" like in Grand strat, which usually have no victory conditions at all. Things like balance and strategic gameplay are very important in 4x games - that's why all factions start on equal footing in Civ games even if it isn't realistic at all.
So when Paradox puts magic forcefield Castles into EU4 because otherwise small nations would be easy prey for big nations that's bad design, since it breaks the immersion. Same with the fucking mana system, fuhrer mana in Hoi4 and many other retarded mechanics implemented for the sake of balance that no one gives a shit about.
They should either go full 4x or full Grand Strat, those things don't mix.

אין סיכוי, הומו

WTF happened to Sidorovich?

The Zone got him.

ver ist mikel?! VER IST MIKEL?!??

But he never leaves the bunker

in Zone bunker leaves yoy

GTA

>witcher story is awesome,
1 and 2 have good stories, 3 not so much except for the DLC. I didn't read the books so I didn't care much about finding this girl and the political aspects that were interesting in 2 felt rushed in 3. Too much black and white in that.

He's probably some 15 year old who can't handle games that are more than 2 years old.

>especially after you read the books

The books are drug story checkout shelf material, that writing is horrendous. If this is considered good writing in Poland then holy fuck.

I don't actually like eurojank tho I'm an CRPG fan. Maybe cause I started up Gothic once, got the living shit beat out of me by a goblin, twice, and then uninstalled it forever. One of the main reasons why I play RPGs is cause I'm motorically retarded, after all. Somewhat more recently, I tried that retrojank Czech game, Inquisitor, but it was grindy and drab as all hell. Tried to love act I as well as I love isometric RPGs in general, but it was just utter shit.

witcher 2 was lacking the dirty slav atmosphere and had too much politics imo, still a great 8/10 game

the english translation is probably terrible
english really doesn't fit well for witcher universe

Silent Storm. I wish somebody would make a Jagged Alliance game with a similar engine like SS had. The amount of stuff you could blow up in this game was pretty awesome. See a locked door? No worries, throw some dynamite to the wall near it and go through that.

Honorable mentions : Mafia 1, Realms of Arkania 3, Operation Flashpoint : Cold War Crisis

>play Witcher 1
>the villain is right about everything and did nothing wrong
>gets killed and never mentioned again
fuck you

Unpopular opinion: I really enjoyed Risen 3 (and 1 to lesser extent). I even found Risen 2 decent, and it introduced some cool concepts like treasure seeking.

I also liked 3 more than 2. 2 was very linear and so easy to cheese by just buying a shotgun from the first vendor in the game.

but Jacob de Aldersberg(that's the translated english name?) is mentioned in Witcher 3
while in Novigrad in the book store, the seller recognizes you as the Geralt of Rivia and says a friend left something here for you years ago
and you find letter from "A." explaining some things

also idk if you realized but de Aldersberg = Alvin

Even combat in Risen 3 was quite fun after you unlocked faction abilities. I finished the game as a mage and had a blast with those magic punching gloves.

oh i just checked it was translated to Jacques de Aldersberg

in original(polish) it is Jakub de Aldersberg

They're pulp, storywise. The writing itself though is actually decent since Sapkowski is really good at stylized speech and sociolects.
I can't imagine it translating well to English though.

it translates poorly because english is incredibly bland and primitive compared to slavic languages

hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what the witcher contries flags are based on

I thought we were the raciss Nilfgardians.

I thought those were swedes. Deluge never forget and all that.

no Nilfgaard is definitely based on Holy Roman Empire
language sounds dutch tho
also nilfgaardians are swarthy and dark haired like italians

TNOR introduced treasure hunting. But yeah out of all Risens I liked 2 most for the atmosphere. R1 was reskinned G3, R2 was a fun pirate game, R3 was a shitty pirates vs demos RPG. The fight system in R2 and 3 is utter shit though.

exactly my opinion
Risen 1 is pretty gothic-like climatewise but the world isn't that depressing anymore
Risen 2 is probably the best pirate RPG game, just because AC Black Flag isn't a RPG
Risen 3 was weird and i did not enjoy this game at all

>Nilfgaardian emperor is titled: Ker'zaer, similiar to Caesar/Kaiser
>they worship "Great Sun": similar to Sol Invictus
>their most famous division was named after Fernando Álvarez de Toledo, 3rd Duke of Alba was the name of a Spanish military commander and governor of the Netherlands during the Dutch revolt. He was brutal and cruel genocidal maniac
>their invasion of Northern Kingdoms is based on Operation Barbarossa: Nilfgaardian ambassador Henry var Attre tells us, that their invasion went smoothly, they destroyed every Northern Army in their path, Northern armies were runing away from them, but the tide of war has turned with winter, doesn't sound familiar?
>Nilfgaardian names sound Germanic, in fact their language sounds like Dutch
>Nilfgaard strikes similiarties to Roman Empire, HRE and Spanish Empire

>Explain yourself, Polen.
Nothing to explain. It was ingenious since the broadcasts were pirate too.
And the excitement when you learned that the signal was strong enough and the game acually reads properly. Not necessarily the most reliable system but great times anyways.

youtu.be/i8ju_10NkGY

I played through the games like 5 years ago, they still hold up despite being a little clunky at first