/GoT/ general: >4 years on, >still no body shown

stale bread: strawpoll.me/13454982

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_and_Heidi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the bump limit is 300 faggot, what are you doing

>people unironically vote for Cersei & co

bump

Am I the only one who hates the idea that the show has Danaerys land her forces on Dragonstone? Militarily, it's just about the dumbest thing she could possibly have done: she's taken a *ground* force that is basically unstoppable (against human foes, anyway) and stranded it on an island, where the Iron Islander fleet that she *knows* is out there can hit the one element of her military that is actually vulnerable, potentially crippling her entire campaign. Only an idiotic commander would land on Dragonstone under these circumstances, and Danaerys isn't supposed to be an idiot.

On a personal level, Dany has spent most of the series trying, and mostly failing, to assemble enough ships to carry her forces to Westeros. The first fleet she put together was burned by her enemies. She gets a second fleet, puts her troops on it, sails off, and... disembarks before she reaches the continent?! (After taking a sharp right turn and sailing hundreds of miles more than were necessary to reach Westeros proper?) That simply makes no sense. She's taking a huge and pointless risk, and there's no way she would fail to notice that.

The show-runner reasons for putting Dany on Dragonstone are obvious (a little homecoming drama in Episode 1, an opportunity for meeting with Jon and discussing dragonglass and White Walkers sometime soon, and a chance for Euron to throw a cheap and obviously avoidable obstacle in Dany's path by attacking her fleet), but none of them have any basis in her character or that of anyone in her retinue. (What happened to those Dornish ships we saw in the final few shots of Season 6? Are they still with her? When the fleet made its bizarre turn to the north through the Stepstones, did the captains of those ships yell "Hey, you idiots, we have a nice harbor waiting for you RIGHT OVER THERE!"?)

>Am I the only one who hates the idea that the show has Danaerys land her forces on Dragonstone?

THANK YOU

>Hound sees wights in the flames
>Decides to bury the dead dad and his daughter instead of burning them

???

D N D L O G I C

SERIOUS question

How the fuck do you supply and move armies in and out of Dragonstone through that fucking 1m wide long-ass CGI corridor?

delivery dragons or what the fuck
This things make me unreasonably mad

That's why aegon + connington in the books land in the stormlands and just annihilate everyone

didn't they show Stannis in the recap at the start of the episode? Does that mean he'll show up later on?

>tfw the entire north freezes and starves to death before the white walkers even get there because the king decreed that every able individual should spend 8 hours a day drilling

Fleet could have split up to set up a pincer attack. I didn't see any Dorne or Tyrell forces

>everyone at Dragonstone is gone
>even though in the books Stannis still left troops/people there

Cast her

>That's why aegon + connington in the books land in the stormlands and just annihilate everyone

Which is what I thought was going to happen, but Dumb and dumber just keep the magic going!

Best waifu

Modern-day Isaac Hempstead Wright

What the FUCK was his problem?

oh man

They're totalling going to freeze because they aren't harvesting all their crops that are completely covered in snow

>Sp*nish pig

Came here to post this .

>WOW DUDE Arya totally killed those dirty Frey boys so cewl!
>OMG the white zombie people have a GIANT now!
>That cute beargrill totally has more balls than all those men, tell em girl!
>Wow Sansa is all like grown up now, guess getting raped makes you insightful now, you go girl!
>Wow those people from the rocky islands covered in birdshit sure manage to make a lot of boats without large stretches of forest on their island, AWESOME!
>"Dude, jaimy, we like, totally need allies brah"
>"Oh wait we don't lmao, go get me a pretty present"
>Wow Sam's shitcleaning montage is a representation of the Millennial generations having to literally pick up the shit from the Baby Boomers, so deep!"
>Dude Arya meeting famous people lmao
>"Hey Sam, you knew about that one place called DRAGONSTONE has a mine with DRAGONGLASS"
>"Yeah totally, Stannis told me like, two seasons ago. OH SHIT BETTER TELL JON xD"

Greatest bestest show of all time, based David&Dabid. Gonna go onto /r/GameofThrones now to post timestamps of haram things happening this episode so my Muslim friends can also enjoy the show :^)

reposting

Why the fuck does everyone keep saying the scene with Arya and the Lannister soldiers is some 'humanising moment for the soldiers?

1. As Arya rides past the ranga's literally singing a song about how horny they are (blah blah gold's nice but I'll take a woman over it any day)

2. Jaime and Cersei were just talking about how the soldiers aren't going to do what you want if you can't feed them, and when Arya tries to decline their food she says 'oh you guys don't have enough for yourselves as it is'. On top of that they're talking about how weary they are having been on campaign for so long. Soldiers + war weariness + hunger = more fucking rape, not less.

3. Keep in mind that these soldiers have presumably been deployed in and around the Riverlands since at least the War of the Five Kings. We heard plenty about how rape and pillage-happy Lannister soldiers were then, why would they tone it down once the hunger and the war-weariness sets in?

4, and most fucking obviously, as the bug-eyed soldier passes the rabbit to Arya he literally fucking says "mum always told me to be nice to strangers and they'll be nice to you", while eye-fucking her. You'd have to be fucking retarded to interpret that in any other way than "we will share some of our food and wine with you, and when you're good and liquored up you're going to let us run a fucking train on you". That's the implicit quid pro quo, otherwise he wouldn't have added the bit about "and they'll be kind to you in turn".

The cut away simply omitted the bit where she baits the trap by saying "well it was nice to pass the time with you, I'd best be off" and they say "hang on, aren't you going to show us a bit of consideration for our hospitality (ie, choo choo)" and then she kills them and sneaks into King's Landing wearing the ranga's face.

I don't know why everyone thinks this isn't the case. Putting the attempted rape tastefully off camera has obviously backfired because the audience is too fucking stupid.

First for every top of the top womens athlete are only up to the standard of middle ranking male athletes!

Literally, unironically who is Ed Sheeran and why are people pissed about him? I even had to look at his name a couple of times to make sure I wasn't writing Ed Shireen instead.

so why isnt aegon in the series?

Too dang comely

>The Queen's Justice written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss

Also why the fuck was it empty? Stannis took all the woman and children to war?

>crops are the only labour-intensive thing required to sustain a peasant community

A very popular singer for normies

I was assuming that's the ceremonial entrance, and there was some sort of tradesmen's entrance round the back, with some sort of big ramp. Which does kind of beg the question of how they defend that entrance ..

They don't even have to land in enemy territory. She's got the choice of landing in Dorne or the Reach, that massive expanse of arable land that Jaime made a big point of talking about.

#
No, you're reaching hard. Women aren't doing more domestic work than men. Men taking time to drill takes away from the family, because you do what you have to do to survive.
When shit gets tough, you make time to do what you need to do.
To have a good chance at defending your home from white walkers, if you're a mom, hubby is away, and say you have two kids over ten and a baby or two, how many hours a day do you think you have to drill to kill a handful? The guys are going to be out attacking the hordes, but the ones who slip through, and there will be many, having the training and ability to swing a blade is the difference between life and death.
I seriously don't understand how you're arguing about this.
It's not going to be 8 hour days. It's going to be children and men and women drilling in short shifts in the town square, while everyone gets their shit done.

too irresistible to fat nigger whores

>Potato with me, user.

Someone who apparently a lot of people feel embarrassed for knowing and trying to convince others that they are somehow in the wrong for NOT knowing him.

WHERE WERE MY FIGHT SCENES /GoT/????

>Danaerys isn't supposed to be an idiot.
Source?

Didn't you pay attention to what Cersei and Jaimy said?

It has incredibly deep ports.

>Jon this low
>LF this high
Fucking reddit invasion.

Book: Dany transforms into MMD because she accidentally performs blood magic twice, and is probably going to kill herself because the Fire Immunity was a complete fluke

TV: YAAAAAS SLAY QUEEEN SLAY

nah that would be dumb because her entire army grew up in super hot climate, deserty-sorta levels, so why would they land in the only part of westeros that's hot and deserty, giving them a massive tactical advantage since I'm sure the main host of the lannisters haven't had much desert training.

How does that sound like a good idea?

Was there even nudity in this episode? I don't remember any

Basically yeah, he was a great military man but had noting but an army. Contrast that with his faggot brother who held feasts and threw parties so the people liked him.

It'd take way too much time to put all of his bullshit into the plot. There's enough shit happening as it is without Aegon getting thrown into it. They'd seriously only be able to resolve everything by season 9 if Aegon was a thing. They're adamant about finishing it at season 8.

>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Darkstar so much, I had all the copypasta and pictures
>I pray to Darkstar every night before bed, thanking him for making Dorne readable
>"Darkstar is love" I say; “Darkstar is life”
>Oberyn hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Darkstar
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It’s Darkstar
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear “I am of the Night.”
>He grabs me with his powerful Dornish hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I’m ready
>I spread my ass-cheeks for Darkstar
>He penetrates my butt-hole
>It hurts so much but I do it for Darkstar
>I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Darkstar
>He roars in a mighty roar as he fills my butt with his love
>The Sand Sneks walk in
>Gerold looks them straight in the eyes and says “I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it.”
>Darkstar leaves through my window
>Darkstar is love. Darkstar is life.

>"and they'll be kind to you in turn"
This, I hope she gets what's coming to her the next episode.
Probably will kill the guys but still at least an attempt at some sort of realism.

Many reasons.... strengthening her claim through repeating Aegon's actions, retaking what she thinks is her ancestral castle, that also happens to be her birthplace, etc.

It might not be the best move strategically, but she unironically wants the people on her side and this move wins hearts and minds.

Think of it as more of a symbolic action than strategic. also, like Jamie said, her entire fleet can use the deep ports unlike other shallow ones

>delivery dragons

I lol'd, this needs to be a thing.

>burning people
>in winter

>yfw a Hobbit shows up in Westeros

If you are not stocked at this point , you are dead

Yeah, I saw that gang of soldiers and instantly thought "don't stop, they'll rape the shit out of you"

Either they go the rape/attempted rape route, which will probably be realistic but will also be another example of the show using rape as cheap drama/character development, or they go the humanising Lannister soldiers route, which honestly I wouldn't mind. That scene was comfy

What the fuck is that pic, is it a joke or serious?

>Sandor is the Prince That was Promised

AZOR CLEGANE

y-yes?

DUDE FEMALES ARE AWESOME xD: the episode

>reddit
>Got sub

What do you think?

Ed Sheeran is basically the most popular normie singer of the past 2-3 years. He writes love songs for women about how beautiful they are and they eat it up like hot cakes. I'm guessing people are upset because he's shoehorned into a scene where he just so happens to be singing a song.

I still think she survived because of whatever Mirri was chanting. The spell was too late to save her as she probably intended it to, but managed to save Dany.

Yeah that was pretty dumb. Also Dragonstone holds 0 (zero, no) resources for the 50k (?) men she brought over from Essos. But alright, it's her ancestral home (even though she spent zero (0) years there) and it's a solid fortress.

I intensely hope that Euron blockades the island leading to starvation.

>but still at least an attempt at some sort of realism

What fucking show have you've been watching for the last two seasons?

Its dead serious. Welcome to the age of self censorship.

I thought she already allied with Dorne. Didn't they have the house Martell sigil on the Masts of some of the ships at the end of season 6?

Why didn't she just land in Dorne and fight up?

Not really. Dany needs to assess the situation before deciding where to strike. Landing her forces at some random spot without local support wouldn't be a great idea. But camping on Dragonstone isn't great either.

>be Dany
>capture Dorne, where your army is best trained to fight
>be on a peninsula
>be trapped on the peninsula by natural barriers of mountains, with the few passes now fortified by Lannister soldiers
>have your fleet fucked up by Euron
>???

Why was jorah in the library cell?

>the hound this low (arya+hound part was almost as shitty part for me as jon+redhead slut)
>melisandra the annoying whore this low

And jon is indeed too low

>Welcome to the age of self censorship.
Better than mandatory censorship tbhh

He was looking for a cure

These threads are literally people nitpicking things to complain about.
When did Sup Forums become bizarro tumblr? I almost miss it being edgy shock humor all the time.

>inb4 Dany declares that all brown people brought over from Essos will settle here to solve their future depopulation crisis and welcomes the new westrosi

She doesn't need to capture Dorne, she's already allied with Ellaria.

She's a woman, everyone knows women are dumb animals who should be killed.

Euron doesn't even need his black magic bullshit at this point. He is literally in a position where he can take it all, with relative ease

so sam got rock aids now?

He was in the hobbit. That's from where I know him.

>>"Hey Sam, you knew about that one place called DRAGONSTONE has a mine with DRAGONGLASS"
>>"Yeah totally, Stannis told me like, two seasons ago. OH SHIT BETTER TELL JON xD"
This part of the episode was insanely stupid.

>Also why the fuck was it empty? Stannis took all the woman and children to war?

Where is that Dnd pic about stannis burning bodies in the beginning, but they were burning statues?

>Only an idiotic commander would land on Dragonstone

Seems like Dany to me.
And give what will happen by the end of the season, it's far from being the less retarded thing she'll do.

>Beric wielding his flaming sword in the trailers

She needs asses al right.

"No"

>Lannister gold mines ran dry years ago
>the Crown needs loans from the Iron Bank to fund their budget
>Iron Bank cuts them off
>huge fucking war
>Lannister forces suffer huge losses and need to raise new troops

Where the fuck did they get the money to train, equip, and pay for a new army?

Not it, but here

seriously?

fucking dropped

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_and_Heidi

Guy who directed this will be directing episode 6. Kino incoming

>inb4 subplot about how a few Dothraki killling, looting, blowing up and raping innocent Westerosi doesn't make all Dothraki bad people

y-yes

So Dothraki's are basically refugees at this point.

>Carpute Dragonstone instead
>Even worse
>You can't even grow food there
>Euron's fleet is just around the corner

YOU ALL KNOW THAT DANY IS GOING TO TAKE CASTERLY ROCK IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES NEXT WEEK, RIGHT?
This is going to escalate quickly.

Lel

Will euron bring a dragon head as a gift to cercei?

DOTHRAKI WELCOME!
RACISTS SEE A HORDE OF RAPISTS I SEE A MAESTER, A LORD AND A NIGHTS WATCH BROTHER

Then why make a point about her army being best trained to fight in Dorne?

Anyway, landing in Dragonstone kind of makes sense, from a propaganda point of view. Not only is it a Targ reclaiming their ancestral home, but it's very close to King's Landing. If Dorne is already sewn up by an ally, why not take the capital, deliver a massive psychological blow, and maybe convince more Targ loyalists to come to her side?

Yeah, did they touch?

No, they're not. They're an army, there's no women and children with them

With all that foreshadowing with Euron and Cersei, Jamie kills her in the season finale, right?