During an alien invasion, all nations unanimously agreed to make The Doctor the President of Earth...

>During an alien invasion, all nations unanimously agreed to make The Doctor the President of Earth, with complete authority over the entire world and every army on Earth, under whom all world leaders would await instructions.
Jesus, people actually watch this juvenile hero-worshiping tripe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AlXnNr04X2c
youtube.com/watch?v=LmmMBWecIo8
youtube.com/watch?v=E33vAhs4bNs
youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_s-b8Z9Suo
youtube.com/watch?v=5ecycHAZtaM
youtube.com/watch?v=9H8h-Z20kg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are these the most disgusting aliens?

numales and autistic women do
no one else

My dad still does for the nostalgia bit after the news yesterday he said he wouldn't bother anymore

that one time they evolved to have penises on their face, yes.

>British series
>president

>someone likes a thing i don't like, guess i'll start a new post about it instead of enquiring in a pre-existing thread

If you're a burger, bear in mind your entire film industry is being kept alive by cartoon hero worship

PRESIDENT.
OF.
EARTH.

Defend this trash (you can't).

>is a time travelling genius that has saved the world from alien invasion, by himself, on several occasions

gee why would you put him in charge during an invasion

>nevermind the bits about the immortal time-traveling time lord and his magical temporal phone box spaceship
>im upset that, in an episode of this television programme, said immortal is appointed unrealistically to a position that doesn't exist

>Dude, there are flying cars, that makes terrible writing fine xD

>this fictional time traveler was appointed to a position that doesn't exist in a fictional television show
ameriburgers everyone

There were some old dedicated fans left.
Emphasis on were.

>Dude, there are flying cars, that makes terrible writing fine xD

>Jesus, people actually watch this juvenile hero-worshiping tripe?
Wait lemme get this straight...

You're still watching doctor who after like 28 seasons (or whatever it's been) and like 50 years (or whatever it's been) and probably a couple of made-for-tv movies mixed in there, and THIS is the point where your suspension of disbelief broke down? Seriously?

No, its just a perfect example of one many ways in which Doctor Who is terrible.

Doctor Who has always been funny bad with some few legit good stories here and there. Last 3 or 4 seasons were just bad bad and that's why they were shit.

It's not really hero-worship. It's authority-worship. It appeals to young people who never really grew up and rely on daddy saving them from hardship.

I wish I'd known so I could have watched the last season just so I could stop for this one and contribute to a dip in viewers.

Moffat is secretly pro Trump, literally ourguy.

If they have all of time and space to choose from why is it always set in London?

>If they have all of time and space to choose from why is it always set in London?

THIS

its not all thta different to most other shows which are constrained geographically

they regularly go off world. part of the storyline is he is a selfappointed gardian or protector of Earth.

He is 2000 years old with a time machine suppose that there is nothing which would mean he isnt protecting hundreds of other worlds or parts of the Earthn you could think of it as chroncalling his time on Earth in London

>An immortal time traveling alien that has saved Earth countless times
>Not the best candidate for leading our defense

I've never watched the show, but I assume The Doctor's efforts are somewhat well known and they didn't just spot some weirdo walking out of a phone booth and plop the God Emperor of Earth crown on him at random?

He's not really well-known outside of a few English agencies that focus on aliens. Earlier seasons have also shown that the only worldwide hints of him are conspiracy theories on the internet, which the Doctor completely wiped. So in short, no, it doesn't make sense.

Even if he was well-known, the idea that every single nation on Earth was able to unanimously agree that in an alien invasion, there should be one person who controls the whole entire world, including every single weapon and every single army, and then actually agree on who that person should be, is completely and utterly ludicrous in an autistic, not able to understand human nature, not a fantastical sort of way.

Its Moffats biggest failing as a writer for DW. He turned The Doctor from a travelling nobody to GOD people tell legends about and constantly monologue how great he is.

Same exact issue with Sherlock. The book version was popilar and smart sure, but he wasnt a saint everyone slobbered over who constantly pulls bullshit from his arse like solving an entire case from being given one clue. (Seriously, the sequence where he figures out that a fucking boomerang killed someone, not a gun, from just being told a car backfired and never visiting the site was horrendous writing)

Its so obvioisly a forced set up for "le funny presidant of the world meme" for tumblr

YAAAAS SATAN SLAAAAY

>Its the "fantastical elements excuse shit writing" meme

>He turned The Doctor from a travelling nobody to GOD people tell legends about and constantly monologue how great he is.
yeah Moffat did that
youtube.com/watch?v=AlXnNr04X2c

youtube.com/watch?v=LmmMBWecIo8

youtube.com/watch?v=E33vAhs4bNs

no, it is hero-worship. Dr. who has a lot of moments of "OMG YOU DE DOKTOR" especially lately

What could one man do against an army anyway?

He is known but most of his solutions are just winging it. logical move would be to look for info on aliens on your own and not count on the doctors charity but it is a kids show

Moffet loved to dick-ride the doctor.
Unlike previous show-runners, who simply treated him as this weird alien who got into crazy situations, Moffet was an uber-fan who should have had no business being anywhere near that character.
He basically turned the Doctor into fan-fiction.
The Doctor's basically the end-all, be-all of everything.
All the characters act like the show-runner. They all bow down to the great Doctor and treat him as almost a God.
I could so frequently hear Moffet practically speaking through the characters to praise the Doctor's glory.
His run on the show was nothing but fan-service faggotry.
The only run that was good was Jefferies.
But most people won't watch it because it's low-budget and looks shitty.
They'd much prefer the Marxist polished turd of the new shit.

Davies is what I meant, not Jefferies.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

When the army is usually linked to a core you can destroy

still can't believe the faggot sold us out to zygons

The only people I know that like doctor who are the stereotypical 'nerdy' girls and numales that quote Will Wheaton and of course their favourite doctor is David tennant

none of these clips contain the Doctor defeating the villains with sef-indulgence, like he did here:
youtube.com/watch?v=C_s-b8Z9Suo
youtube.com/watch?v=5ecycHAZtaM
youtube.com/watch?v=9H8h-Z20kg4

>Davies
literally everything you said is present in the Davies era at least once Tennant was the doctor.

>none of these clips contain the Doctor defeating the villains with sef-indulgence
So you didn't see the Doctor gain super powers to stop the Master, and if that's your prerequisite you fucked up yourself because only the first clip is the Doctor defeating the villain. And Second clip is him boasting to all his villains unaware that they were all working together at that.

It wasn't self-indulgence. It was stupid, mind you, but not exactly the same as Moffat-stupid.

>It wasn't self-indulgence
Martha tells everybody in the world stories about how great and awesome the Doctor is which at the end of the countdown grants the Doctor omnipotence, this is on top of a season that spent much of it's time thinking back about how it's last season was great and perfect, how is that not self-indulgence?

It's not the Doctor proclaiming how great he is and defeating the master by merely existing.

It's RTD being self-indulgent perhaps. I suppose we're just debating semantics, though. You can call it what you will but I think we can agree that it was all stupid.

The whole world forgot the doctor after the stupid omnipotence thing, and the other two are just the doctor saving a few people or defeating a few enemies, albeit written in a glorifying way.
None of that is on the level of literally every nation in the entire world making him the President of Earth (tm).

Not remotely.
The Davies era had crazy scenerios, as all of them do, but they didn't worship the Doctor like a God.
Characters didn't regularly bow to his greatness like he was infallible.
That's the fanboy shit we're talking about, not just crazy situations.

He's well known amongst UNIT which is an international organisation that presumably as quite a lot of sway. The 'president of the world' shit is dumb but it's wrong to say he's unheard of on Earth.

UNIT has enough sway to make literally every nation on the whole planet relinquish all governmental and military power and autonomy to one individual during such a critical time as an alien invasion? No organization on the whole planet has anywhere near that sway, and if they did, it wouldn't be fucking UNIT.

Which is why I said the president of the world shit is dumb, I was just pointing out that
>He's not really well-known outside of a few English agencies
is wrong.

>None of that is on the level of literally every nation in the entire world making him the President of Earth (tm).
This concept is first shown in Death in Heaven where he has a realization that he's just an idiot with a box and a screwdriver and passes it off to Danny to save the world, and in the most recent time he was president none of the Earth's high ranking leaders listened to him and it was Bill that drove the Monks out in the following episode. So how does that work in glorifying the Doctor?
Also point of the titanic one is the angels obey him because they recognize him as the highest authority on the ship despite being a stowaway.

>but they didn't worship the Doctor like a God
It's the first time he is ever compared to a God regularly.

is the New Doctor Who entirely shit

>Well. there was these mitigating circumstances...so how does making him the LITERAL UNDISPUTED PRESIDENT OF THE ENTIRE EARTH CHOSEN UNANIMOUSLY BY EVERY SINGLE NATION ON THE PLANET work in glorifying him?

Doctor Who went to shit after Tennant
but the straw that really broke the camel's back was with that awful astronaut/time lord hybrid baby wife plot with River

>The word 'Doctor' means healer and saviour in all alien languages throughout the universe, named after the Doctor because he is just that cool and awesome
People ACTUALLY watch this shit and enjoy it, it boggles the mind.

It's literally said that only in emergency nigh-world ending situations, he doesn't hold the position all the time.

Oh, so he only becomes the LITERAL UNDISPUTED PRESIDENT OF THE ENTIRE EARTH CHOSEN UNANIMOUSLY BY EVERY SINGLE NATION ON THE PLANET when they need the best leader they could possibly have in Earth's most trying times. That doesn't glorify him at all.

This

>the English giving up their sovereignty

Doctor Who was shit the moment it got start up again, Chris was decent but it wasnt enough

Welcome to Steven Moffat writing. He pulled the same shit in Sherlock.

Shit started going downhill the moment companions became these uber special snowflakes that have an impact on the doctor's destiny beyond time and space
The chav and amy were fine, but the Lone Wolf and tear in the universe plot lines wre fucking unbearable, then clara fucking oswald happened and it all went to shit.

Funny enough, you can see the show progressively decend into SJW and fanboyism madness. It's a slow and very painful death, and i can't bear to watch.

>no no, no top hats or bananas
>AN ELECTRIC GUITAR PLAYED BY AN OLD GUY
Even Captain America can't defend this

Show is very hit and miss, since they have different writers every other episode its hard to say "its good" when its only episodes here and there.

Im just sad Capaldi didnt get a good episode, hes a great actor, but the writing for his run was utter fucking garbage.

Dad use to love it, seems to have lost interest of late, use to go round to his house to watch it but he just kindof stopped watching it.