Romero vs Snyder

Who did it better?

apples and oranges tbqh

More or less. One is more fun, colorful, and actually does quite a few things within its setting. It's slow and steady, with suspense growing.

The other is fast-paced, gritty, doesn't really have its own identity anymore because it's such a standard zombie film. It also doesn't use the setting much to its advantage, does less with it.

Also, Biozombie is better.

I haven't seen Romero's Night or Dawn since I was a little boy. I've rewatched Day quite a few times. Rewatched Snyder's Dawn a few times too. I don't know what my brain meant by this.

Romero. But I understand why some people prefer Snyder. They are still wrong and stupid.

Running zombies are shit.
/thread

Snyder
Romero's is too dated and just boring, tbqh

Biggest zombie fan of all time reporting in.

Romero definitely did it better, but Snyder's version is well done too.
Friendly reminder, the best three zombie movies are pic related.

RIP George

What's the name of the right one

I too would like to know what's on the right.

rip in peace romero

Not the original poster of that but it says Demons '95

Remake > 1978

Impressive

Sorry, had to run to the store quick.
It's Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Snyder did it best. More entertaining and comfy.

OH AH AH AH AH (get down with the sickness)!

Day of the Dead is the best. Both Dawns are kind of corny.
I'm sorry, I can't get over the effects of Dawn 78. The blue zombies and the bright red blood are just not convincing

Snyder didn't make a good film until Man of Steel.

Day of the Dead was good at the start. It felt different and more real. The guy had psychological problems, everything seemed more desperate. Then it became a basic "small military takes over" which then turned into "zombies in a cave". It's boring as fuck.

dawn of the dead was directed by our guy??
wow is there anything this guy can't do?

>I'm sorry, I can't get over the effects of Dawn 78. The blue zombies and the bright red blood are just not convincing
pleb opinion. should have realised Romero wanted the comic book effect

Attention-whore kun, what's that one on the right?

Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

The opening of Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, with the Johnny Cash tune and all that, was just awesome. But I'll always like the original Romero more. It's got more of that feeling of dread and hopelessness, and less of that video game "fuck yeah kill the zombies" feeling.

I saw the remake when it hit theaters, and remember being pleasantly surprised that I really liked it, though. I was at the height of Romero/Zombie fanboy-mode when it came out, before Zombies were really done to death shortly after that, and was worried it was going to be terrible compared to my favorite Romero film.

A movie you should watch, it´s fucking fantastic.
If you ever played VtMB: Bloodlines: Theres a hommage to that movie.

of course Romero did it better you dumb fucking goy

Romero had substance. Snyder was just pure style. Neither should be particularly surprising if you know anything about the careers of these two guys.

You know, you say "biggest zombie fan of all time", and I didn't believe until I looked at the pic. Some stuff there even I haven't seen.

>It's Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man
It is? That box cover looks nothing like what I remember that movie being. Wasn't that a spaghetti zombi flick?

Great parts in both movies but I'm a nostalgia fag, so George. Snyder also didn't have a biker scene.

I will add to this that I liked the extras on the DVD because Snyder gave us the short story about the hardware store guy as well as the news and world events.

I could have sworn it was a mixture of an extremely low budget and a screw up with a lot of the makeup that caused the neon blood of dawn 78. Romero just rolled with it because they couldn't afford to fix it and so used the "comic book" excuse but Savini wasn't happy with it.

Romero did it better and made a much better use of the mall setting than Snyder did so I still prefer the original. That being said I expected this movie to fucking suck in 2004 so I was very surprised when it turned out to be a lot of fun. Definitely Snyder's best adaptation just due to the sheer fact that he took the material and made it his own. You had running zombies, that amazing opener that has been copied many times since, and a pretty decent ensemble barring some stupid shit like the zombie baby subplot.

I might not be the actual biggest fan, but I'm pretty sure I have the biggest collection.

Here is a real old pic of some of the clams/big boxes I had. I've gotten a lot more since then and this had none of my slip cases in it.

And yeah, the cover on Dellamorte Dellamore is a bit different, but the girl is in it.

Why do you like zombies so much?

This is the first thread I've seen that doesn't completely shit on Snyders adaptation. That being said theyre both good in their own right if you don't mind the "modern zombie" in the 2004 one. Either way it lead to the creation of pic related.

Couldn't say. i don't really know where my love for them started. It's a pretty shitty genre, but I just have to love them.

Romero's DOTD >>> Snyder's DOTD

Although what said is true.

Romero's film is a character driven drama that slowly builds tension, Snyder's film is relentless balls to the wall action. Both have merits but Romero's film has some actual substance whereas Snyder's film is pure popcorn entertainment. I can see why some people prefer Snyder's film but I think it's a 7/10 that doesn't even come close to matching Romero's film. A ton of people say Snyder's film is the best modern zombie movie but 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are better.

I think the only reason the remake of dawn of the dead is so good is because james gunn wrote it and snyder just directed it.

I've probably seen 80% - 90% of those, but yeah. *tips hat

>the remake of dawn of the dead is so good is because james gunn wrote it
That's a big part of it, yeah. Gunn knows how to put a script together. In addition to the obvious style, the big strength of the remake over the original is pacing. Romero almost always tends to leave in a little too much meat. It's all good stuff, of course, but the final product could be a little leaner. A lot of his pictures drag a bit in the middle third especially.

How about these?
Minus the two that aren't zombies.

>who did it better
Romero, Snyder is just dumb.

Original is the best. The remakes title sequence is rad as fuck.

Now you're just showing off

>The remakes title sequence is rad as fuck.
That, and I also have a soft spot for the Richard Cheese "fun at the mall" montage in the middle. Best scene in the movie.

more like apples to rotten apples that have been sitting around for 30 years.

>johnny dickie

HELLO VHSCU

They're drastically different. The Romero version is a slow-paced character driven drama, the Snyder version is a fast-paced action flick. By the way, the Romero version is infinitely better, you tasteless pleb.

>corny
What is """corny""" about gangsters on motorcycles hitting zombies in the face with pies? How dare you insult based Romero's artistic vision.

Guys, the corniness is completely intentional. Romero wanted the film to have a sense of humor. If you hate the satirical/humorous parts of the film then go watch the Dario Argento cut.

Hey, who are you?

Yeah this guy knows his shit.

I remember you from halloween zombie movie thread. I can confirm that Bio Zombie is the best i've ever seen, i'll check out the other two. keep up the good work user!

Hey, it's that Alien dude.

Thanks

Yep!

Updated Video Dead section.

Do you buy most of your tapes online? I can't imagine your local thrift/video stores would have supplied all of your collection.

I'd say like 60% is bought online, I go to most of the VHS conventions by me and know about everyone going so I get a lot there pretty cheap(ish), and then the rest is found in thrift/fleas.

Not really

obviously romeros

Bitch, why can't fruit be compared?

what's your all time favorite zombie movie?
also very cool collection. I love the look of horror artwork on VHS.

>riendly reminder, the best three zombie movies are pic related.
>not Hell of the Living Dead
>not The Dead Next Door
Pleb.

Snyder's was so shit that I literally can't remember anything from it. Completely and utterly forgettable.
Whereas Romero's is just an unforgettable cult classic and has memorable scenes throughout the entire film.

Bio Zombie, does everything right.

Both are great, but not top three material.

>Gore-met
i think I watched this one because of you and even as someone who loves shitty b-horror, it was garbage.

>Linney Quigley's Horror Workout
Bruh