Doctor Who General - /who/ - The Exile of Krisfags Edition

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

LAST GENERAL: BIGGEST BTFO SINCE SEASON 2

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/17/colin-baker-doctor-who-female-lead-doctor-jodie-whittaker-inspire-fans
smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/first-woman-was-cast-doctor-who-here-are-26-best-reactions
strawpoll.me/13456541
youtu.be/lMZuVfQgRCo
twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/886925426861453313
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What happened to dildo user?

I'm sure Marshall hasn't stop laughing since the reveal.

Why don't you like the forest setting?

The first episode of the regeneration is always given the most attention.

The second episode is normally focused on the companion and not the Doctor.

The two episode rule means you get basic pandering trying to convince you to watch it. It's normally around the fourth episode where the quality levels out (as long as you dont get a two-parter)

nth for best girl

They were good characters and Capaldi was a great Doctor but sadly we just don't have the viewing figures, in my opinion, as well as DW being an ongoing show has continuity that normalfags probably don't like.

Why haven't BBC or someone else done a Lucasfilm and tried to make one true continuity for Who?

Nardole was self-admitted comic relief who basically got abandoned by the Doctor.

Missy immediately destroyed the relationship the Master and the Doctor had turning it into a one-sided romance/crush.

It would either piss off Big Finish fags or allow BBC to meddle in the expanded universe too much.

I want the new season now I can't wait, i hope the channel lives up to it's namesake so we actually get a good companion for once

Because everything is canon. Parallel universes, senpai.

Who's EU is perhaps even more of a clusterfuck than Star Wars' was.

I would love some BF stories to be canon and mentioned in the TV series though.

How does his hair do that?

Who's EU is the most complicated in the world.

Imagine they wrote in a "the doctor got pregnant" storyline

Chan Romero is dead and Doctor Who is going to get cancelled again what's good about that Tho

(Nah I kid, I'm just salty that I can't choke on the Doctor's dick anymore)

You're reminding me of Gallifrey Immigrant who is trying to convince me to change it the 'five episode rule' instead, lel.

I mean, wouldn't the 'basic pandering' be them going all out with the best shit they can throw at you though?

Nine
>Rose: Great
>End of the World: Great

Ten
>The Christmas Invasion: He slept for over the half the episode. Didn't sell me on him at first teebeeaich
>New Earth: This was comfy and I enjoyed it

Eleven
>The Eleventh Hour: Fucking GOAT
>The Beast Below: Some people don't like this episode, but I really liked it?

So weirdly enough, the first two episodes for Ecclestone and Smith are higher quality than Tennant's first two, and he ended up being my favorite Doctor. I suppose you make a valid point. Hm.

lads i got after effects working again give me ideas for doctor who shitpost

Maybe that'll be the last season, Doctor retires to raise her child.

Unlike the Star Wars EU, the Doctor Who EU is actually good,fir the most part. It's definitely better than the show.

Only if the kid is Miranda Dawkins or Jenny.

Probably something to do with diet. He's young, but clearly unhealthy. It's probably contributing to premature baldness.

Post potential companions

I want Alexander Vlahos as the Doctor or Companion.

What stories do we want for Wilderness Era 2?

Some stuff doesn't fit though. If you take BF into account the Doctor is thousands of years old, yet in S8 he said he's only 2000.

5 months to go, what the fuck should I do?

Will /who/ finally stop when the show is inevitably cancelled after her first season?

Nice article by Colin: theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/17/colin-baker-doctor-who-female-lead-doctor-jodie-whittaker-inspire-fans

More like the exile of nearly every fan.

I doubt it, it'll probably just switch to trying to pretend that her first season is good.

>Who is cancelled before I am dead
Good now I don't have to worry about stories written after I am dead.

Kris Marshall is going to be the companion.

It stopped the second they announced it. We're now /tumblr/ - Doctor Who General.

You can always watch it in heaven.

Reminder that if you care about forced 'diversity' then you have to vote with your wallet. If you buy a single Doctor Who thing for the next 3 years then you're supporting the choice.

That's only if you care about it.

Professor Litefoot's dead, guys.

>tfw you end up in Heaven without new Doctor Who
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/first-woman-was-cast-doctor-who-here-are-26-best-reactions

>"'Dr. Who can't be a woman' says guys who watch a show where phone booths still exist."

We are doomed.

What will 13's personality be like? Will she be an overtly feminist voice? Will she scream 'yaaaas queen slay' every time she kills a Cyberman?

These are questions we must ask ourselves.

Can I still buy Tennant things

People keep saying this but I bet most still watch. The amount of people I’ve seen hate Moffat and Capaldi yet still watch it is crazy

>smosh
>relevant

No more fujobait for a while, not sure how I feel about this.

How do we purge the broflakes on this general?

Scaroth reporting in.

She's going to have Evelyn Smythe's personality. Screencap this.

IMPORTANT POLL

strawpoll.me/13456541
strawpoll.me/13456541
strawpoll.me/13456541

>implying anybody at the BBC will dare cancel their new flagship feminist primetime programme
If only JNT had thought of it.

Moff said TBB was his worst episode and he was right until The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

The Pilot was also GOAT while Smile was comfy-I-guess-but-kinda-shite

feminist in what sense? the 21st century sense?

>tfw no doctor with a feminine penis

Hope she keeps the northern accent, like 9

I thought the ending to TBB was really comfy :(

Forget simple equality, we're talking Tumblr, dyed red hair, you're a white male!!!111 levels of feminism!

Don't fret.

Look at all these normies assuming the Doctor's gender just because they think xe looks like a woman in the teaser.

The doctor also says several times in the show that he either forgot his real age or is lying about it.

>but I bet most still watch
Depends on how they write the character. If she's a (female) Doctor, where for all intents and purposes she's not much different from any of the previous ones, only with a pair of breasts, most won't mind. But if they decide to write her as a female Doctor, where her character devolves into the writers wanking themselves off over their 'brave' choice, then I think quite a few people will get turned off and stop watching.

well then fuck no, you didn't state it in the poll though

hype for jodie tho

Hype for Jodie as long as the show doesn't do a Ghostbusters on us.

>tfw no missy

Milo is a Doctor Who fan apparently. The top comments from his Facebook page, presented without comment;

>"You don't make strong female role models for girls by stealing strong male role models from boys. Wonder woman is kicking ass in Hollywood right this very moment, not because she stole superman's cape, but because she is a badass in her own right and she got to be the hero in her very own movie, instead of horning in on somebody else's movie."

>"When the show tanks, the show-runners will claim bigoted white men leaving the fandom, when in fact, it will be women leaving the show. BET ON IT! Women are fans of the show in such large numbers because The Doctor is a Uber-Strong male role model."

>"I don't care, if she's good and she was picked as a logical choice I'm sold. But if they did it only to pander to the increasing SJW pressure and fanbase (and I sadly think it is) then I'm going to be hugely disappointed."

>"What self respecting doctor has an operating table in their kitchen?"

>"Exactly. I'm done. It seems they are more interested in political correctness lately. She may be a great actress, and I'm sorry that my sense of "do it for the right reasons" overrides my "she's the first female Doctor", but the Doctor Who franchise just sold out to the SJW snowflakes in my opinion."

>"I am so outraged i can not even think about it .. I never thought such an amazing show would let politics ruin something so fantastic.. I am so disappointed"

>This won’t be the problem. The problem will be going back to a male Doctor. Mark my words- never gonna happen. And if the ratings are balls past the first six episodes it’ll be “sexist” and “we’re not giving up!” kinda garbage. Mark it.

Who gives a fuck what kiddyfucker Milo thinks

Does this mean that Romana is never coming back?

>"What self respecting doctor has an operating table in their kitchen?"

You can tell this guy is a fan who watches regularly

>You don't make strong female role models for girls by stealing strong male role models from boys. Wonder woman is kicking ass in Hollywood right this very moment, not because she stole superman's cape, but because she is a badass in her own right and she got to be the hero in her very own movie, instead of horning in on somebody else's movie.
He's not wrong there.

milo is fucking retarded, even his face says so

No one's stolen a fucking role model

You've got fifty fucking years of male doctor to watch

This is where I'd sarcastically comment about how we're going to end up watching The Doctor taking on the shadowy alien cabal that makes up the patriarchy, but that would probably err to close to Poe's law.

Solution?

Cancel the show. It's had its day.

Trevor Baxter died yesterday according to Big Finish's page. They then deleted the obituary five minutes later. Hope it's false alarm.

Daily Reminder that even Patrick Troughton said that a woman or a non white actor or actress could be the doctor

youtu.be/lMZuVfQgRCo

A lot of the complaints are baffling, it’s like most don’t even watch the show. If the Doctor was a human who couldn’t change his whole body and if they hadn’t just pulled off a really good female master I’d kind of understand the complaints.

>it's real
twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/886925426861453313
Fuck.

RIP Trevor Baxter 1932-2017
Briggs literally worked him to death.

Can I have sauce please?

I liked TBB too

Solution to what? There’s no problem, if the writing’s shit that’s another story

>Romana and the Rani never

He's such a handsome old man.

>A lot of the complaints are baffling, it’s like most don’t even watch the show
no shit sherlock

>"You don't make strong female role models for girls by stealing strong male role models from boys. Wonder woman is kicking ass in Hollywood right this very moment

Aw yeh, gotta signal that virtue of totally not disliking women in media.

See, the thing is, I don't think they DID pull of a "really good female master".

I thought Missy was a great character (and I love Michelle Gomez), but she might as well have been a new character for all the difference it would have made.

I hear her most often referred to as like "a demented Mary Poppins," which is not at all how I would describe the character of the Master.

Maybe Colin Baker.

>implying a pedophiles opinions are important

Nice source.

>152 copies in the UK
It's not even sold in the UK

You know, I keep forgetting there are even Doctors past Tennant. I just don't think of anyone else as the Doctor.

Looking at the Big Finish website, they haven't even announced the next Jago & Litefoot boxset, which is usually out in October.
I have a bad feeling abou this.

Probably the biggest difference in characterisation is the difference between One and Ten.

www.tumblr.com

Personalities change between incarnations, though. Missy was great, and she was the Master in a female form. She was a great female Master. So what if she didn't act quite like the previous Master's, that's the point.

Not even qtpie Matt?

tfw you realize that when jodie regenerates at the end of her run, if the next doctor is a dude he'll be in chick's clothing

So I missed the news, did James Corden get announced as the Thirteenth Doctor yet?

matt a qt

why has his knee got a massive boner

Meanwhile I'm still beating myself to Pearl Mackie's THICC lips.

Why would tumblr like David Tennant in particular?

>Trevor Baxter died
I literally never bought a Jago and Litefoot audio but fuck that's depressing

And Series 13 ended on a cliffhanger, with the duo getting stranded on a parallel Earth with airships in the sky... might be Pete's World.
And that after Series 12 ended without a cliffhanger. Dash it.

So, faux-Companion Chronicles box set where Jago, Ellie and Quick meet at thr Red Tavern to hear how Jago got back and the Professor made his last stand? Or maybe Jago's son returning instead of his dead to tell the story of how the duo went together, not alone? ;_;

I miss comfy Craig.

Everybody dies