What ever was his appeal?

What ever was his appeal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ki4hl7NRjWs
youtube.com/watch?v=OeNNv7mTTOw
youtube.com/watch?v=LBhUH4F4EJ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

action hero who instead of usual punches and kicks was twisting arms and tossing cunts all over the place

Cheaper to hire than Stallone or Schwarzenegger

He was Hollywood's biggest badass back in the day.

Compelling quests in search of Ritchie.

Cheap actor, cheap films.
Very easy to fill slots with.

>中国推销员.China.Salesman.2017.TC1080P.x264.国语中文字幕.btrenren

>questions kids born after 1989 might ask for $1500, Alex

Aikido, that's what. His movies were more realistic in the sense of action scenes. Then in the early 2000s, he started doing these Matrix style bullshit movies and now he does low budget movies that are great for laughs.

Out For Justice
Hard to Kill
Under Siege 1 & 2

His earlier movies were great for their time. He was a badass using Aikido against thugs. Then he became a super human mutant in the early 2000s and ruined his reputation.

I fucking loved Above The Law. The scene with him and Richie wasn't too drawn out and he fucked him up. Not sure about the protocol of cops laying bodies lying around but still loved it.

I watched siege again recently and it was a genuinely good movie.

Then I watched some 2014 Seagal movie and it was even worse than his old B-movie shit (I had a period where I watched every movie he's ever made).

I'm gonna take you to the bank Senator. To the blood bank.

>Whuh happuh?
>Well ahm sorry to heah that. Cuz now. Ah will snash every muthafuckah burthday.

>WITCH WIAH BILLY?
>COME AWN WHAIT TRASH

there's no other place to go if you want to see action in a kimono

Easy.
EASY!

It depends. What Seagal era are we talking about?

You don't belong here

vhs culture

dudikoff, seagal, van damme, norris, all made a buck due to mass production, cheap entry price and worldwide distribution.

numales will never understand

I always liked that Seagal was never above punching/kicking a guy in the nuts

He knew kung fu

The corpse kill.

Here are two examples of Seagal's signature villain-dispatch style: youtube.com/watch?v=ki4hl7NRjWs

and

youtube.com/watch?v=OeNNv7mTTOw

end of videos ofc

Oh shit it's out? How is it? Does Tyson beat his ass?

>90s
People were tired of superhumans like Arnold or Stallone and wanted a more realistic action hero.
>Now
Fat, middle-aged Slavs can self insert into his movies real easily.

>brutally murders rasta-man
>ends Seagal singing in his Jamaican accent

holy shit seagal

if you were born in the 90s you'll never understand

His action was a bit more tasteless and "grounded" compared to van Damme and other action stars at the time. When you wanted to see guys humiliating get their arms broken and shot in the face, Seagal was your guy.

Anyone know why Richie did Bobby Lupo?

>"Me want the punani"

A L P H A

What happened?

he was also a ride along deputy in new orleans for a reality tv show that made Sup Forums explode in like 2010.

my dad actually hurt himself laughing at the whole fiasco.

Did your dad ever recover?

no, his was another birthday snatched by the Rinpoche.

Hard To Kill was his best movie.

He brought a fresh and little-known style of martial arts to the mainstream during a time where hokey ninjas were flying all over theater screens in every other movie being made.

Like that time he drove a bulldozer into a guy's house and killed his dog because he thought he was a drug dealer?

or the time he held a vietnamese girl captive as his sex slave, until she escaped and filed lawsuits against him?

good times.

Punani was always the appeal.

Someone like Seagal would never exist today

He looks too weird even back then

Hes an expert marksman in real life.

He still exists tho...

Should I feel bad if I've literally watched all his movies at some point?

Someone post the WEBM where he turns into a bird, and someone else BETTER FUCKING TELL ME WHICH MOVIE THAT IS

His first couple movies are good, especially Out For Justice which is genuinely great, and he was edgier than the other action heroes

pure schlock

if you really want to understand him watch on deadly ground the first movie he ever directed, wrote and starred in

youtube.com/watch?v=LBhUH4F4EJ4