Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIEA23s_bvA
youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep.

Of course

Sup Forums didn't have a problem with it at the time, because /new/ hadn't taken over the asylum the way Sup Forums has.

The only reason it didn't happen back then was because it was such a rare occurrence in superhero pop culture. Marvel ruined that though.

pretty much

same way we would have hated ongoings like Runaways

Hell yes he is

More like Sup Forums would just be angry that she wasn't with Hawkman and that John wasn't with Katma Tui. Sup Forums likes their pairings established.

I like Hawkman/Hawkgirl and I was kinda upset that the cartoon really fucks Hawkman over but for a world without that pairing, Stewart/Hawkgirl is fine.

I thought they were both pretty damn dull on the show. In that respect they were perfect for each other.

No it was far more organic then
Sup Forums is been ridden raw with all the forced diversity and race/gender swapping that has been happening in the last couple years.

Interracial coupling now has reached meme status and it is almost ALWAYS black male white female to the point it is comical

What are you talking about? She and John were literally only included on the show because of forced diversity. Everyone on the show admitted it.

Nigga GL's only role in the show was to be the token black.

I swear to god you people don't know what forced diversity is because people are always willing to give DC a pass

>Marvel ruined that though.
How so?

>It's a "diversity is bad" episode

Why does Sup Forums infest this place?

How were either of those post remotely Sup Forums?

They said that they needed a non-white character and another female character. I'm not saying it's a negative thing like Sup Forums does, but it literally is forced diversity. I don't understand your problem here.

no one said anything racist so I guess you're just shitposting

I'm just aping them

>"Diversity is forced! Everyone knows the only people who exist are straight white males!"

Oh Sup Forums

oh yeah i never considered how people would be shitposting about how there are women in it now.

the old days, huh

This, I hate Kyle/Carol just as equally.

He's right. In interviews they specifically stated adding Hawkgirl because they didn't want Wonder Woman to be the only chick and choosing John for variety.

But nobody complained/praised. They didn't make any kind of deal about it. GL was just black.

It kind of helped that cartoon came out in 2001, shortly after X-men were starting to get comic book movies to be a thing and before Spiderman and MCU blew everything out of the water. Nobody was paying as much attention so there was a lot less drama in general about casting and accuracy and much less "not muh XYZ".

Also, Green Lantern hadn't had significant exposure in a while and the cartoon GL ended up being many peoples' first exposure to him. It was to the point where the live action GL movie had some people scratching their heads and going, "Why is Green Lantern white?"

But now comic books are BIG and everyone is going to wikis (weren't nearly as numerous or popular then) and reading up on characters well before they got movies.Online forums are a lot bigger than they used to be as well, so shit gets started (on all sides) much more easily.

Women, gays, racial minorities, non-binary gendered character. Absolutely no chance modern Sup Forums would have read it with what the bloggers would be posting about it.

Most boring Green Lantern plus Clusterfuck McBackstory? Who gives a shit.

To be fair John wasn't originally boring. The DCAU ruined him.

Also, people(Americans I mean) are a bunch of whiny crybaby faggots who will start bitching about every fucking thing you could imagine.

>Also, people(Americans I mean) are a bunch of whiny crybaby faggots who will start bitching about every fucking thing you could imagine.

But the point is nobody complained about it back then, and there were lots of Americans.

And it's a big place. 350 million people. You get that many people and it's not too hard to find a million (less than 1/3 of a % of the population) that do/don't like something and are vocal about it.

>you will never be this butt blasted about freedom

I remember when Kamala Khan was announced, every single thread on the topic was shit flinging between people caight up in GG going "Those gosh darn SJWs!" and people going how about we wait for the comic to come out before insulting it. I get that Sup Forums is the worst of everyone, but for a while I thought GG was comprised of people against identity politics, but were just as invested in them as much as those SJWs were. It was hard to find people who cared about the quality of the comic itself and not Kamala's skin tone on either side of the issue.

>The only reason it didn't happen back then was because Sup Forums wasn't around to infect this whole site
Fixed.

Also Sup Forums wasn't created until the show was on its last season anyways.

I think Batman making out with Cheetah would have had more traction
John's romances were kinda dull.

Where would they complain, there wasn't internet everywhere at that point in time. Also, all the fucking weirdos that make up the MRA/polfag and SJW/feminist groups were shunned and rightfully so. Now these people get a platform from where to spout their retarded identity politics bullshit.

I love how literally propaganda-tier jingoistic that pic is.

Sup Forums would have probably still found a way to troll Sup Forums...

Yeah well, I don't know where they would find the time between waifu strawpolls, waifu discussion, waifu generals, waifu shitposting and other waifu related things.

>When you just got into middle school and start learning about propaganda
I remember when I was like you user, but you gotta calm down.

>jingoism is bad
Spotted the yuropoor

I thought Hawkgirl was latina

she sounded like one

>organic
go away guggie

There was a time where Sup Forums was actually hype about representation. Hell, I remember some anons being unironically interested in the Captain Marvel ongoing when it was announced without being poo pooed.

Then there was this SJW shit storm over the new 52 version of Starfire, anons got triggered over people getting triggered, then Sup Forums was born, and it's all been downhill since.

I wasn't on Sup Forums back then but I can tell you nerds were upset about this and the fact that this team had Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, and Jon Stewart.

Heck the nickname for this team for awhile was the Minorileague.

There's even a fancomic about that were Batman fires all the team because they're minorities and they are making the team too PC (J'onn and Supes because they're the last of their kind, and Wally for being a retard).

The SJW movement plus Sup Forums and the rise of the whole cuck shit really made this board go downhill.

It was Green Lantern and it's Willis, so it's shit.

Rule of 3

I can only imagine how people would react to Mosaic if it came out in todays environment.

>John starts fucking a white girl (Who Hal had previously shown romantic interest towards)
>Plenty of racial themes as the Mosaic world is a melting pot of species
>All the Muslim imagery
>Racist white people bring back the KKK to kill aliens (and John)

Sup Forums would have had a field day.

Yes every thread about that show would be alternating list of BLACKED and cuck.

GL:Mosiac was fucking awesome. It was the only time Jon has ever been interesting.

>The badass former marine that he is now isn't that interesting at at.

>But nobody complained/praised. They didn't make any kind of deal about it. GL was just black.

People did complain, but their reason was "It should've been Kyle, we want a funny Kyle/Wally teamups and more creative constructs. John is just a boring straightman and all he ever makes are lasers and bubbles"

>To be fair John wasn't originally boring.

lol ok

What's John's character motivation? (Why did he want to be an architect, why does he have the will to qualify as a Lantern) What are his likes and dislikes? What was his childhood like?

I've been reading Lantern comics for decades and the only concrete things I can tell you about this motherfucker are he accidentally blew up a planet once and he was married to Katma Tui.

But that's a relic from the original beloved canon. Honestly, I think Sup Forums would have been more pissed by not making it that way.

To be blunt, Justice League's John is in my eyes the only Green Lantern. He's earned my respect, unlike other Dindus.

What are you talking about. John never got with Hawkgirl in the comics.

>Why did he want to be an architect

Because his father beat him telling him the White Man wouldn't respect him unless he was just as good as they were.

Seriously though, just read the Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis GL runs with John involved and Mosaic and you'll get a full picture of who John is.

>But nobody complained/praised. They didn't make any kind of deal about it.
I recall reading somewhere (Wikipedia?) that the JL writers got a couple of threats from white supremacist tards for pairing John with Shayera.

I think the main reason people didn't complain that much about them was because they were written so damn well. I mean, look at this: youtube.com/watch?v=dIEA23s_bvA

>But that's a relic from the original beloved canon
>I don't read comics

I didn't like the pairing when it aired. I still don't. Mostly because I found Stewert boring and I found Hawk girl fun.

>To be blunt, Justice League's John is in my eyes the only Green Lantern. He's earned my respect, unlike other Dindus.

The amount of retardation in this is palpable.

I think there would have been more complaints - there were even at the time - about having them on the founding JL lineup. I mean, it literally is making a change for the sake of adding a woman (Hawkgirl) and black guy (John).

It turned out it worked, so it was good.

Back then the producers of a show could safely ignore both the people who condemn something they haven't seen because of "diversity," and people who condemn things for pro-diversity reasons (i.e. getting furious because women are made to behave in non-feminist ways etc). They've always been around, but now everyone pays attention to them.

I think most people don't care about these things at all, like 99% of people who went to see Lady Ghostbusters were unaware of any of the arguments about it.

>I think most people don't care about these things at all, like 99% of people who went to see Lady Ghostbusters were unaware of any of the arguments about it.

This is true. It's a loud minority on both sides.

That issue was amazing. John shows he has all the aspects of modern Afro-American culture, and Hal is just... Hal.
I really need to read John's pre-Crisis stories.

Most people on Sup Forums don't care if the characters are written decent-good. They give a shit when it's literally done with only tokenism in mind and no writing to back it up.

The people that cry only because a character is a minority are the minority. Most people on Sup Forums just don't like shit writing, and that's a lot of what has been coming out with tokenism these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc

Maybe not, because I feel it was somewhat organic and well done

But probably

>People don't care
It's all bullshit, someone will always care. They probably did back then the only difference is it's old news.
People were always complaining about too many whiteys and too many darkies since the beginning of days.....of media.

> Hal is just... Hal.

The man just wanted some pussy. Poor guy got beat by a hoodlum in his mindscape.

I would also like to add my condemnation of John's modern portrayal as "bland army guy, who is also black".
He's Hal, of COURSE he wants some pussy!

If you had read my post you would know it states some people care, but not the majority. As long as the writing is good and it's not shoved down throats the majority will be fine with it.

Ghostbusters is a prime example when you compare it to Wonder Woman through the likes on Youtube.