Why can't Disney just buy out Time Warner all together...

Why can't Disney just buy out Time Warner all together? The Looney Tunes need much more attention then anything DC related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWXj75OmaDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying they wouldn't just bury it

No, people are asking them to buy DC but the issues with Time Warner are deeper then that.

Time Warner needs to consolidate all their properties under one company.

It makes absolutely no sense that Cartoon Network needs to pay licensing fees to DC comics for cartoons while Marvel and XD can pump out whatever they want.

In reality, I think the World Trade Commission would block a buyout or merger of these two companies. They would own too much of the entertainment industry.

Disney will do that for them.
Only if they try to buy out Time Warner, Viacom and News Crop. at once.

Time Warner alone will be fine for Disney.

Because then they'd control a third of all media.

Along as it not something like 75% they will do just fine.

34% is just fine.

Because they would have control over the majority of the market which would only be bad for the consumers.

They don't do anything with Mickey, never mind the LT character s.

Go fuck yourself and fuck disney too

Monopoly laws keep disney at bay.

34% is not the majority, they could buy Viacom and try to stretch it but Tim Warner is their best best.
>Not knowing about those new flash Mickey shorts.
>The same team can bring Bugs & Daffy back into the spotlight.

I'd sooner they buy Sony.

Time Warner isn't really that smaller compared to Disney.

Total worth of Disney is 88 billion, while Warner's is 66 billion. They are both too big for any buyout.

Invalided if said company is so incompetent that another company has to takeover for them.

That NuPPGxTTG crossover is enough to let something like this happen.

I do know of the shorts. Aside from that they've barely done anything with the characters in ten years. Epic Mickey, that preschool cartoon, Get A Horse, and a few shorts aren't much for their mascot characters. Oswald barely even exists despite the huge hype for him.

I hope for another "Goof Troop" scenario. Goof Troop was an obvious cashgrab to make Goofy modern and popular with kids, but it was good and it worked. Disney needs another new show

They can only buy out Columbia/Sony Pictures due to laws in Japan that non-Japanese companies can't buy out Japanese companies.

Also, Mr.Magoo, The Fox & Crow & Scrappy do not have the same branding as Bugs, Daffy & Porky.

Disney's TV unit now of days is too cheap to do such a thing, be lucky that New DuckTales is being done at Rough Draft.

There's absolutely no need for Disney to aquire the looney tunes. They made crazy buyouts with Lucasfilm and Marvel because they corner markets Disney could never touch, and both still make proven bank. Mickey and friends always rivaled them in popularity and were way more relevant than Looney Tunes now, so where's the need to buy it?

I could see Michael Eisner being crazy enough to want it in the 90s though if the opportunity arised.

Yes there is as Warners is too incompetent now of days and the Looney Tunes are just as relevant as Mickey and the gang.

What currently valuable properties do TW currently hold? It looks like it's pretty much the Lego Movie. The rest are just petty cash from syndication and media sales.

It benefits Looney Tunes. But it does not benefit Disney.

It benefit Disney because more merch.
DC stuff.

>DC stuff.
>Valuable

Batman doesn't pay the bills in a way that's worth Disney's time. There are background characters in the average Disney animation worth more.

>the Looney Tunes are just as relevant as Mickey and the gang
>in 2016

>WB keeps making shit DC movies
>interest in DC titles drops
>WB spins off DC with condition of retaining exclusive movie rights
>Disney acquires DC and enters movie relationship similar to the one with Sony
This one can happen. Disney doesn't need to go as high as Time Warner.

It's for the best to do everything, remember what happen with Compile.

Interest in DC won't wane. Batman and Superman are too popular, plus their live action and cartoon shows are popular

> 34% of an entire market share isn't ripe for horrific abuse with no controls or protections in sight
Yeah okay Mr. Walt Disney.

>Interest in DC won't wane
I doubt that'll be true if the movies keep sucking. Comics don't make that much money on their own, and DC properties don't generate the same merchandise revenue as Marvel properties, which is where the real money comes in. I can see WB opting to drop DC rather than actually fix things if the movies keep hurting the brand image.

It's when you get to over 50% is when we start having issues.

Also with buying out Time Warner Disney can start cashing in on these Flintstones remixs that are popping up on You Tube as of late, Warners never bothered cashing in on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=EWXj75OmaDo
No, it's all or nothing.

Hopefully this will force them to actually try and use some of their lesser known characters

Why would you want Disney to buy another property when they can't even make Star Wars, Marvel, or The Muppets good?

Frankly, Disney already needs to be busted up.

>muh movies

I love how single minded MCUcks are

Monopolies, user.

You're ignoring the shows, cartoons, and merchandise. Marvel makes money because their characters are popular now. They have their movies, their cartoons, and their merchandise. DC has only started their DCEU and they have no major cartoons besides TTG and DCSHG,