So how long do you think this will last before Lex reveals his evil plan ?

So how long do you think this will last before Lex reveals his evil plan ?

Personally I would like to actually see more of him as a megalomaniac superhero honouring 52 Superman in his own way and working with Wonder Woman but I doubt it will last.

I know it's impossible but I wish this becomes permanent. Dickass hero Lex is just too good

It will happen eventually, but I want them to hold off on it as long as possible. Once you make him go full villain you won't be able to really go back barring retcons or whatever.

I'm still mad Action is just another Superdad book instead of Black Ring 2.0

During the build up to rebirth I really thought New Super-man was Let's book. Then when the Superman Rebirth one shot dropped, in the back there was this promo page showcasing the Who/What/When/Where for the Superman books, and it genuinely seemed Lex had his own book.

Now idk if plans changed or what but it seems there was a change of direction. It makes sense that the long awaited return to numbering of Action Comics would focus on Superman, and obviously Superman has to as well. I just don't get why there is no Lex Luthor: Man of Steel book when this direction for Lex was promoted fairly heavy beyond some promotional material. DC even had the story ready for how Lex got Superbro's cape, and for what?

So he would be a supporting cast member in Action?

Idk maybe DC is testing the waters and saving Lex for when Superwoman releases

I think it's more likely they'll bring back pre-Flash Point Lex than having N52 go bad. Thought the fans really enjoy this version of Lex, no? Honestly, I do. I see him as DC's Magneto. We're going on what, 5 or 6 years with Mags being written as an anti-hero-ish character.

I actually really really love this Lex.
I really hope they dont drag him down to the other Lex's level.

It would be cool if Lex would take over Actions Comics for a few month with this while Superdad sticks to his Superman.

Still, I'm pretty sure one of the previews in previous comics said that "killing Superman would have been easy if he didn't die first but tarnishing his name ? bla bla" - basically it almost outright said that Lex is in this to add insult to injury and ruin Superman even after he's dead. Still, I'm just confused on what was happening with Lex for the last few months since he joined the Justice League. He was scheming something, then he was genuine, then he was treated like shit by other heroes, then he became god of Apokalips ?

I would actually like that. Earth 3 Luthor turned out to be a piece of shit but what if they made this one "good" and bring back the pre52 Lex as a separate entity to be the regular Luthor ? The good one stays the "inventor and business man" Luthor while the evil one goes to the "mad scientist" roots ?

I'd guess it's just that they wanted to give Jurgens the "main" book and since he's the one who had been doing Superdad stuff he wanted to carry it over. But it is shitty to do nothing with Luthor after, like said, pushing that he would be important. He should get his own book.

>pre flash point lex comes back from tge negative zone dimension he was last seen in
>turns out current lex is a reincarnation of jr
>get both super asshole lex and well intentioned asshole lex

Lex is shit and ruined the njustice league book

What bugs me is that you don't NEED an evil plan here. It is entirely in character that Lex would take up the mantle of superman just to piss Superman off and prove that he's better than him. He doesn't need any more motivation.

>It would be cool if Lex would take over Actions Comics for a few mont
This happened before. It was really great.
I recommend Paul Cornell's "Superman: The Black Ring" arc to any Lex Luthor fan.

Eh - there's like 3 of you interested in this.

Most people could give two fucks.

Trying to be Superman is his evil plan, Lex wants to be the standard for good against which others are judged, as well as be the one people rely on and have faith in, because it satisfies his ego. What's going to happen is he won't be able to do it with the real Superman around, so it's going to make him do evil shit to try and prove he's better, then he'll get caught and/or exposed.

When will Lex team up with Pilaf?

What's the difference between Action Comics and Superman Comics?

Currently there's no real thematic difference if that's what you're asking. Just two Superbooks. Sometimes they crossover sometimes they don't.

Yep. Exactly. Lex has always been an ass, but that pre-Flash Point Lex took the cake. Pic related. The idea of losing this Lex is a step back in my opinion.

Don't ever change pre-Flash Point Lex.

>Took the cake

That's not nearly as awful as 40 cakes

You and I are on the same wavelength, my friend.

Of course, obligatory.

We can have both.

Not a big DC reader, but interested in this. What did it take for Lex to become the new Superman?

basically Superior Superman except he didn't take Superbro's body too