What does Sup Forums think of Lumberjanes?

What does Sup Forums think of Lumberjanes?

I keep hearing from people how much they like it without going into much detail. Sounds like just generic adventures with no real story. But it looks to be so popular, won an Eisner Award even.

Also wanted to add:

I'm hesitant to read it mostly because the art looks pretty bad.

Oh I got you, famalamadingdong!

Why does the camp counselor look like a typical Gary Larson woman?

Eisner awards don't mean shit. Squirrel Girl won an Eisner.

>sounds like

Just read it, dude.

She's Rosie the Riveter, you pleb!

Yes, surely it is the rest of the world that is wrong!

It didn't.

Tho you are naturally entitled to your feelings and opinions.

My god, the art and compositions are terrible. like that 3rd panel. Jesus....

Genuinely confused how this won an Eisner, the art and dialogue is all over the place. Is it just first-issue kinks they work out as the book goes on?

Honestly the best art in the series belongs to my least favorite issue. Still this artist does monsters and stuff well.

I was iffy on the first issue. I usually start off storytimes on the 13th then double back to the start.

Issue 2 is where it won me over.

I tried to like it, but there are seriously no stakes to ANYTHING that goes on. Ever. Just about every obstacle the girls come across is dealt with in maybe one or two pages in the most anticlimactic manner, and after about nine issues of that I just got tired of it.

I've watched shows aimed at preschoolers that had a better grasp of the concept of tension than this comic does.

I'm just gonna shut up now and let the comic post.

I like it, this is known, let's you lot talk about your feeling separate from this ol' outrageous storytimer.

>Genuinely confused how this won an Eisner, the art and dialogue is all over the place. Is it just first-issue kinks they work out as the book goes on?
Not really, no. What you see is what you get.
some of the monster illustrations are pretty nice, though

And this is where it won me over.

Maybe I just love monsters.

>what the junk

God I hate that fake slang bullshit.

Why is Tumblr fiction always so low-stakes? Is it because genuine tension is triggering?

You have live action Nickeledeon and Adventure to thank for that.

Tumblr fiction is about overcoming problems, not actually experiencing them.

>Adventure
Time, that is.

Ayyyyyyy

At least with Adventure Time it works because it's a post apocalyptic world and Finn has no proper education whatsoever and says things like "mathmatical" because it's just a "cool" sounding word to him.

Oh yeah, I totally tolerate Adventure Time lingo and it's grown on me but Adventure Time as a whole unfortunately helped create a cancer of an era in style and humor.

Uh no. She would not be able to do that

>leverage
What leverage? She wasn't lifting anything.

>put the diamond shaped gem into the diamond shaped hole to open the door
>you're a genius

So this is what passes as intelligence in a woman? That's embarrassing to women with actual smarts.

Jeez you guys weren't kidding about no stakes and things being solved in one page. Just introduces shit then gets rid of them in no special way at all. Just flicks at the enemies and they all fall like a house of cards.

How can people like a boring mess like this?

(((calarts)))

did you get it yet? they're lesbians. just wanted to let you know they're lesbians.