Did Snyder get Doomsday right?

Did Snyder get Doomsday right?

Pretty much. There's not really anything to get except for a big shitty spiky monster.

I guess, it isn't like he did anything new with it. There isn't anything you can do without just using a different character.

The design is whatever but the fact he was even in the movie is what was the problem. They should've just called him Bizzaro.

Calling him by a different name wouldn't fix anything.

different name and have him not kill Supes would have, yes. that was a lot of fan's major complaint. they spewed their load too early.

It was actually Zod... damn, Snyder is so deep while still maintaining accuracy.

>big dumb ogre who shreks the city

Even Snyder can't fuck that up, it gives him his outlet for weightless destruction.

The issue was that Doomsday should have never been in the movie. A final battle against something with no personality, goals, established powers or history is basically uninteresting by design, I haven't cared this little about the big fight of a blockbuster since the ending of Matrix Revolutions.

They should have cut him out entirely and turned Scoot MacNairy into Metallo.

No, but they were spot on with their cave troll.

It was certainly a new take, so I don't know if that's the right question to ask.

Doomsday as the child of Luthor and Krypton served to be analogous to Mordred, the incestuous child of Morgan and King Arthur, who was bred to kill his father. They kill each other, just as Doomsday and Superman did, sparing the earth from a doomed legacy.

Visually, though, he really dropped the ball. His design is truly unremarkable and forgettable. The effects of his powers was just way too much to look at. It's surprising, considering Snyder is himself an artist.

Cosmetic changes don't fix serious structural problems. Doomsdays appearance and Lex's plan made no goddamn since in the first place.

oh I agree. Lex's entire motivation and plan made no sense whatsoever. I'm not saying changing Doomsday would fix Lex, I'm saying changing Doomsday would fix Doomsday, lol.

>Doomsday as the child of Luthor and Krypton served to be analogous to Mordred, the incestuous child of Morgan and King Arthur, who was bred to kill his father. They kill each other, just as Doomsday and Superman did, sparing the earth from a doomed legacy.

Except Mordred was birthed from Arthur's sins, and Doomsday was in no way Superman's fault, he was birthed from Luthor's madness. Arthur being an active part of Mordred's creation is an integral part of the symbolism of the character.

So either there was a Superman/Lex sex scene that was cut out or it's another case of Snyder putting in symbolism for no reason other then it looks cool.

He was made of the only person Superman killed with his own hands.

I don't think Doomsday has been anything but a mindless beast in comics so I guess he got that right.

You mean that thing that had zero impact on Superman as a character and basically would have been forgotten about entirely in-universe if he wasn't the body of Doomsday?

That sin?

Basically

>Snyder
>getting things right

300 was pretty true to the source material. The first Sin City too.

Not even close. He totally nailed lex luthor however.

It's a movie Lex Luthor plan
None of them are good.

I always though he looked a lot scarier that way
FACTOID Doomsday was initially going to be an escaped mental patient but mental health groups lost their shit about a mental health patient killing Superman

lol wut

The first Sin City was by Robert Rodriguez

>Doomsday as the child of Luthor and Krypton served to be analogous to Mordred, the incestuous child of Morgan and King Arthur, who was bred to kill his father.
Or it's Superboy, the literal child of Superman and Luthor.
For fuck's sake if I want to see a King Arthur movie I'll watch one of those. I've never seen the Clive Owen one.

He wasn't atrocious just completely superfluous. if the movie ended with bats saving martha for kryptonite addled Supes it would have been top kinoest of cape. They have their own little shwarma scene and we see the trinity smile and joke about Bruce being kinda fucking nuts. Wondy makes a joke about it being a dick swinging contest, lois makes a supercock joke. We all go home happy.

Woulda left this POS for an after credits hint with Lex cutting his hand in the ship saying something like "yada yada doomsday is coming", going to jail and letting the ugly fuck incubate until...

JL one: they all get assembled and dressed for an hour before a half hour of getting their shit pushed in leading to supes kicking ass for a half hour and dying.

Then gimme some solos; bats kicking ass in Arkham if we rumors pan out, wondy flicking her bean, Aquakhal being the hard cock that keeps the fucking DC ship rocking, flash being whatever the fuck you flash fans like... maybe no mexi-stache. Couple years pass by and fucking BOOM: we get Kal in the black suit with a mullet becoming all full of life and shit. Darkseid build up in JL2, couple more solos, JL 3 we call the big man off the Seid line and begin printing money.

Yeah. The sin that we were told for three years was a good thing and there was no other option and we were supposed to be happy because this was a realistic and grounded Superman that wasn't an invincible mary sue.

"now" it's a sin again.

Or better yet, do Darkseid first and then introduce DD. Make it a full circle closure with Krypton like it is in the 90s books.

Doomsday obviously was very deep

The bird thing is a zen koan really.

I highly doubt DC "screens" secretive comic plots to mental health groups months in advance.

>Except Mordred was birthed from Arthur's sins, and Doomsday was in no way Superman's fault, he was birthed from Luthor's madness. Arthur being an active part of Mordred's creation is an integral part of the symbolism of the character.

>So either there was a Superman/Lex sex scene that was cut out or it's another case of Snyder putting in symbolism for no reason other then it looks cool.

You are a dumbass. Doomsday is ADAM. and Lex is Victor Frankenstein, Lex even goes full Prometheus in the party.

How anyone would like to live in the DC universe when there are things like Doomsday and his clones running around?

Isn't he basically a parody of the Hulk or something?

>child of Morgan and King Arthur
Get out of here with that Morgan shit.

Now, but n the past...
>tfw Hulk was a parody of himself for years until he got rekt'd by Hawkeye
it hurts

No. Like at all. people that say that kind of stupid things need to read 90's and late 80's Hulk.
Doomsday only shares designe with hulk, but he also shares that with shaggy beast and Grundy

Shaggy Man*

>Doomsday is Mordred!
>No! Doomsday is Adam!
God forbid Doomsday just be Doomsday. That's playing it too safe. Totally not kino enough.

Snyder-Doomsday is both of these, though.

Domsday plays the role of mordred for Superman and the role of Adam for Lex's arc. How is that hard to understand?

>let moby dick be just a whale

I understand it just fine.
I'm just saying that if you need to constantly reinvent the characters by making them allusions to other texts then you're neither adapting them faithfully or respecting the IP you've been given, and thus shouldn't be at all surprised when people are there for that IP find you wanting.

There was a Frankenstein movie last year. I don't need another one in a Superman skin. I'm good, thanks.

You know comic writers do this exact same shit right, look at your favorite comic and I guarantee you they use themes from other stories

Then they're better at hiding it. "I understood that reference" is not enough to make an entertaining story.

Yes, despite his best efforts.

Seeing as Doomsday's literal entire purpose was to be a big hulking monster and kill Superman in the comics, it's really not that hard to fuck up.

it seemed like wonder woman fought him more than superman in the movie.

>Then they're better at hiding it

Good writers are pretty clear about that. some idiots like Bendis or Johns that never touched classic literature, well they put "themes" that copied from tv shows

Supermans death on BvS was done way better than in the comics

maybe the reason doomsday was so mad is because he didn't have a wiener

>Supermans death on BvS was done way better than in the comics

This is truth. But the batman fight needed to be 15 minutes or 20 minutes before, so you had time to breath and we could had have a longer battle.

There is nothing to get right.

No.

>The issue was that Doomsday should have never been in the movie. A final battle against something with no personality, goals, established powers or history is basically uninteresting by desig

It can work of the play the right angle. If they play Doomsday less as a character and more as some sort of natural disaster.

Thought it was one of michael bays TMNT guest starting..

It seems to me that Doomsday and the Superman-Doomsday fight were inspired by the 2007 cartoon more than how it plays out in the books.

Living in the DC universe the first thing you want to do is get off planet then get a job as a police officer at L.E.G.I.O.N. or as a free lancer at Hardcore Station.

maybe getta hold of some zetta beam technology and go party it up on Rann